Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 18, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
Eureka;Seven
Aug 18, 2012 5:31 PM
Aug 2010
Dunno what you think guys but that weapon, altho not the same, gave me a serious "Eureka and Renton's board" vibe... ( well it's originaly Holland's if I remember right. )
Aug 18, 2012 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
triforcebih said:
Dunno what you think guys but that weapon, altho not the same, gave me a serious "Eureka and Renton's board" vibe... ( well it's originaly Holland's if I remember right. )

Go check out the Secret that appeared in Ep 3.
Aug 18, 2012 5:36 PM
Aug 2010
Paul said:
triforcebih said:

Go check out the Secret that appeared in Ep 3.

Don't have the EP on PC anymore but I suppose it is the board like secret ? Well that obviously is a copy of the board . But yeah the weapon prolly got no relevance to it.

edit: just watched the whole EP subbed... Dafuq BONES. Well the ED makes more sense now tho.
triforcebihAug 18, 2012 6:51 PM
Aug 18, 2012 10:24 PM
Jul 2012
Anyone else notice a little Fluer x Ao in this episode >_<
Aug 19, 2012 4:15 AM

Jul 2012
Finally we get to see this after a 2 week hiatus.

Damn, what's up with everyone forgetting about Team Goldilocks? Now i need the next episode asap...

Also, still rooting for Ao X Fleur =D
Aug 19, 2012 8:15 AM

Jul 2012
Loved that moment when that canon forms out of the quartz.
Aug 19, 2012 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
Neither we all forgot, Don't care, or not important. But i don't see any comments talking about the president Ripping on starbucks xD
Aug 19, 2012 12:03 PM

Jul 2009
AnimaRO64 said:
Neither we all forgot, Don't care, or not important. But i don't see any comments talking about the president Ripping on starbucks xD

Because he didn't. GG did that on purpose.
Aug 19, 2012 1:49 PM

Oct 2008
controlmajortom said:
AnimaRO64 said:

Because he didn't. GG did that on purpose.

Yeah, that was one of their attempts at localization. It doesn't really break the immersion for me like it does others, but I certainly noticed it. Guess it's what we have to put up with, regarding the fastest subs.
Aug 19, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2011
The fight was cool but what happened in the ending? Ao has changed the reality?
Aug 19, 2012 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
aiNkyy said:

I'm assuming Ao got sucked up into that huge light which, I'm guessing again, sent him into another time. And thus, Eureka;Seven.
Aug 19, 2012 2:52 PM

Oct 2008
Paul said:
aiNkyy said:

I'm assuming Ao got sucked up into that huge light which, I'm guessing again, sent him into another time. And thus, Eureka;Seven.

It's been said several times here, but what more likely happened:

*Shoots cannon; It's above the Vester plant.
*Vester coral gets obliterated from all timelines (likely a unique ability of the cannon).
*Consequently, Chloe and Maeve never move to the Vester plant with their parents, and never develop trapar-mutated brains, thus, never joining Gen Bleu. Only Ao remembers the now-lost timeline.
Aug 19, 2012 9:33 PM

Oct 2011
Dangerr said:
Paul said:
aiNkyy said:

It's been said several times here, but what more likely happened:

*Shoots cannon; It's above the Vester plant.
*Vester coral gets obliterated from all timelines (likely a unique ability of the cannon).
*Consequently, Chloe and Maeve never move to the Vester plant with their parents, and never develop trapar-mutated brains, thus, never joining Gen Bleu. Only Ao remembers the now-lost timeline.

That's most likely what happened actually, nice summary.

I like how this will finally merge the two series together.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Aug 20, 2012 10:59 AM
Aug 2010
BRSxIgnition said:

That's most likely what happened actually, nice summary.

I like how this will finally merge the two series together.

How o,O ?

ps:I've been brain dead for a few days now.
Aug 20, 2012 12:37 PM

Apr 2009
What a very colorful and fancy beam weapon (uhmm Wave Motion Gun LOL), at least it got all of them Secrets, eh? >_<

Either he unknowingly jumped in a parallel world or another timeline that's why they don't know Team Goldilocks or as some had pointed out here, their timeline got erased. Oh wait... following the Eureka Seven tradition involving extraterrestrials (here they're extra-dimensional!), anything's possible. XP
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 20, 2012 4:58 PM

May 2012
So if they eradicate a scub coral from all timelines then would that severley change the future where Eureka and Renton are?
Aug 21, 2012 5:50 PM
Jun 2009
So, why all secrets flocked around the bait, if they are intelligent? Just one wouldn't already generate a fusion explosion destroying everything?

I also don't understand why they are treating it like it was the final battle against the secrets... I see no reason to believe that...

And what about this "course change". That thing is flying through the atmosphere, so it must be in a powered flight, and able to correct the course by itself!
Aug 21, 2012 7:54 PM

Oct 2008
Manabu said:
So, why all secrets flocked around the bait, if they are intelligent? Just one wouldn't already generate a fusion explosion destroying everything?

I also don't understand why they are treating it like it was the final battle against the secrets... I see no reason to believe that...

And what about this "course change". That thing is flying through the atmosphere, so it must be in a powered flight, and able to correct the course by itself!

They sense the world around them differently; It's clear that they doubt humanity has the capability of stopping them, so they're only concerned insofar about keeping track of the quartz. It's also likely that they've never had to rely on strategy, seeing as their overwhelming power is more akin to a force of nature, rather than something that's evolved battle tactics or facets of communication as we know them. As for the secret they've been communicating with, since it's now integrated with humanity's digital network (to an extent we've yet to see), it's likely learning and exhibiting concepts that's alien to its own kind.

But yes, I agree, it's hard to see why they see this battle as some sort of conclusion against the secrets. Now, I'd understand why so against the immediate threat - only one secret seems to appear per activation or arrival of a Scub Coral, and those all got destroyed.

I agree, but considering how massive it is, any course-adjustment would either take too long, or would be impossible; by the time the shockwave hit, its orbital decay and ETA was already way too short. Either way, I don't really consider it to be important; there's more major elements I have to suspend my belief over before this one.
Aug 22, 2012 12:13 AM
Aug 2012
Vuyo said:
So if they eradicate a scub coral from all timelines then would that severley change the future where Eureka and Renton are?

I believe that eradicating the scab coral is the key to préserve the futur since that in original Eureka seven history:

- the scab coral arrived on the earth as particuls and developed in the sea to then absorb everything on earth forcing the humans to flew the planet. So the sudden spawn of the scab coral in multple areas on the planet means that the temporal timeline of renton and eureka is in danger.

So it s more than plausible that the secrets have been send to the earth in the past by the humans (renton??) to preserve the timeline they are living on.
Aug 22, 2012 10:15 PM
Jul 2012
firengrot said:
Vuyo said:

I believe that eradicating the scab coral is the key to préserve the futur since that in original Eureka seven history:

- the scab coral arrived on the earth as particuls and developed in the sea to then absorb everything on earth forcing the humans to flew the planet. So the sudden spawn of the scab coral in multple areas on the planet means that the temporal timeline of renton and eureka is in danger.

So it s more than plausible that the secrets have been send to the earth in the past by the humans (renton??) to preserve the timeline they are living on.
Thats's one of the best predictions i've heard
Aug 22, 2012 10:21 PM

Aug 2012
DivisionG said:
This series has been confusing since episode 14... Ahhh i don't get it anymore!!
eureka seven> Ao
Aug 23, 2012 2:34 AM

Nov 2010
The production quality continues to be high(er), sadly the story and character does the opposite.
Aug 23, 2012 2:59 AM

Aug 2008
1lau said:
The production quality continues to be high(er), sadly the story and character does the opposite.

Quite. When I found out this takes place in the past, I was heavily disappointed actually. Truth doesn't give off the vibe of a.. Correct antagonist. He just feels out of plae to me; and do does the time travelling. EL PSY CONGROO anyone?
Aug 23, 2012 8:08 AM
Jun 2009
We already have all that haruhi wanted: aliens (eureka, scub coral), espers (Truth), time travelers (eureka, maybe scub coral and G-monsters too), sliders (ao, maybe the "time travelers" too, because their past is different from this series)
ManabuAug 23, 2012 8:19 AM
Aug 23, 2012 8:35 AM
Jun 2009
Dangerr said:
But yes, I agree, it's hard to see why they see this battle as some sort of conclusion against the secrets. Now, I'd understand why so against the immediate threat - only one secret seems to appear per activation or arrival of a Scub Coral, and those all got destroyed.

But in the first episodes we learned that as long as the quartz remain active, more secrets will appear from the same Scub Coral. And even after that, they can't be sure anymore that all the deactivate Scub Corals will not reactivate again!

Dangerr said:
I agree, but considering how massive it is, any course-adjustment would either take too long, or would be impossible; by the time the shockwave hit, its orbital decay and ETA was already way too short. Either way, I don't really consider it to be important; there's more major elements I have to suspend my belief over before this one.

This isn't a orbit decay, it is a re-entry and/or powered flight... but yeah... they fly like they are in the atmosphere when they are in orbit, and like they are in orbit when they are in the atmosphere.... physics have never been a strong point in Eureka 7... but I think it is worse now... they should hire a consultant on those matters, so that I don't kill as many cat girls...
Aug 23, 2012 10:12 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Uhmmm... that's all I can say. Waiting for next episode.
Aug 24, 2012 3:25 PM
Nov 2007
420stoic said:
The original was definitely superior. Didn't have any of the out-of-place nationalism or timeline wonkiness going on.

What out-of-place nationalism?

The only character who seems at all nationalist is Nakamura, but if that seems out of place, you probably missed the point of his character: In this timeline, Tokyo has been wiped out in a Scub Burst sometime in the middle of last century, and Japan never managed to entirely rebuild or recover after this. Their economic growth was clearly stunted, and they never turned into the world power they are in reality.

Most of the Japanese characters in the series are depicted as having resigned themselves to this fate. Nakamura is the one who still dreams of bigger things for Japan, which is what drives his at times harebrained ambitions.

None of this setting is explained directly, you have to pick it up from small hints: The opening scene set on the ruins of Tokyo, and things like the Shinkansen ad poster, showing an ancient Shinkansen model rather than the modern trains of today, to say nothing of what it might look like in 2025. There are probably others I forgot or missed, too.
Aug 25, 2012 2:45 PM

Nov 2009
DOES ANYONE UNDERSTANDS A SHIT OF WHAT'S GOING ON?, 'cause I sure don't :P
Aug 27, 2012 10:27 AM
Nov 2007
WAHa_06x36 said:
None of this setting is explained directly, you have to pick it up from small hints:

Oh, episode 17 actually does mention this directly. Funny that.
Sep 8, 2012 8:44 AM

Apr 2010
NORWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D <3
-Just Believe-
Sep 9, 2012 2:45 AM

Jul 2008
Okay awesome weapon formed from the quartz but WTF just happened? Did Ao get transported to an alternate dimension? So we got that on top of time travel?
Jul 6, 2014 12:15 AM

Apr 2011
This is confusing. Naru helping out was unexpected. And their reaction the moment Ao mentions Goldilocks to them means this is getting more confusing for me.
Aug 22, 2014 6:35 AM

May 2012
Oh snap did he just shift into a parallel universe or something? What's going on with that end? This sure is interesting development but quite sad goldilocks isn't there anymore, they didn't appear much but they did add an overall sweet touch to the group. That said I do wonder what really happened so let's see what's next!
Dec 24, 2017 11:03 PM
Mar 2012
Even more confusing now, so many mysteries.
Quarks suddenly materialized into some weapon, & Ao shot some time warp gun & somehow removed secrets & Goldilock's homeland. Maybe it shot into the past & destroyed that region?
And so many random cuts to Ao in dream state. Is he really just asleep or in an alternate world?
Nov 25, 2021 1:16 PM

Feb 2012
Christophe Blanc has been planning this for quite a while from the looks of.

Naru wants to play heroine in the stolen Nirvash.

The Secrets leaking through to Georg's speech lol

Generation Bleu's operation progresses and that ruins Truth's plans...to destroy the secrets himself?

Elena People's "It's got the same vibe as a second-to-last episode" comment when the Allied Forces are teaming up with Generation Bleu lmao

Secret-Georg just goes a long with it because that is what the Secrets are meant to do.

Oh yeah, the Soviet Union still exist in this universe, interesting alternate history developments.

The third engine fails to activate forcing a change of plans; the fusion blast has to be activated earlier (closer to civilian areas). Ao and the Nirvash is their last hope and carries the container instead.

Taking the quartz higher so he can dump it as ordered, the quartz mysteriously transforms into a gun for the Nirvash. On a spur of the moment decision, he aims the guns at the secrets and fires.

It successfully removes the secrets from the area but the means by which it did it appears to be through erasing the scub coral that attracted the secrets from the timeline, as if they never existed. In its place, the North Pole light, which Ao has never seen before, appears permanently in the sky where Ao thought he fired the plant. Ao has no idea what's going on; they think he is crazy. No coral in norway, no coral plant, Chloe and Maeve's parents working at the plant, thus no Godilocks... there's a chance they still exist but they just never joined Generation Bleu as being near a coral plant was what started their path.
Fortress_MaximusDec 13, 2021 3:10 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM

Mar 2013
And now parallel worlds exist, well they always do in this story, but AO will always be an idiot for not realising it... lmao it's already the 2nd half but there's still no growth in our MC... this is exhausting...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.