3It was OK
14.3%
2Disliked it
4.4%
1Hated it
1.1%
Average 4.2
91 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2008 6:28 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh well, I could've foreseen it.

Looking forward to the new season.

Oct 12, 2008 7:09 PM
Apr 2008
this doesn't look like the last ep... and who, a smoke bomb stopped them from getting the embryo.
Oct 12, 2008 9:57 PM

Feb 2008
bit of a filler, but decent.

anyone volunteered to sub the second season yet?
Oct 13, 2008 9:30 AM

Mar 2008
sonicspin said:
Hm... lacks epicness for a series finale, but I guess it can't be helped.

defo. i wanted ikuto amu love, and finsih the embryo thing to let way for more serious thing 2nd season. but obviously not. 10/10 down to 9/10 due to disappointment. but nxt season sud b gd as all those things i rly aniticpate to happen should. (if not i will hate it)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2008 11:24 AM

Sep 2008
That was nice... When Yukari and Yuu were shouting at Amu it was hilarious. And Yuu in the morning... awww that was cute xD

And now is the right time to welcome second season xD Somehow I'm not surprised that this anime will be longer than 51 eps.
Oct 13, 2008 3:50 PM

Apr 2008
sugarplumfairy said:
sonicspin said:

defo. i wanted ikuto amu love, and finsih the embryo thing to let way for more serious thing 2nd season. but obviously not. 10/10 down to 9/10 due to disappointment. but nxt season sud b gd as all those things i rly aniticpate to happen should. (if not i will hate it)

Well, the main thing about the series IS the embryo, not Amu/Ikuto/Tadase/wtv, although most of the people think that what's important is Amu's love interest, so you shouldn't be surprised to see that the embryo will still be the main theme..

About the episode... I watched it raw *skipping about 75% of the episode cause it wasn't important* and thought it was really bad for a season finale, but watching this whole episode with the subs... It still doesn't seem like the end of a season *they should really have ended this with Amu vs. Utau* but it's better than the normal Shugo Chara episodes, so =)
I just think Ikuto is so stupid ¬¬ Giving up the embryo for Amu >.< I love Amu, but the embryo meant freedom for him.. Amu shouldn't be more important than that =/
Final score 7/10 - blame the fillers ¬¬
Oct 13, 2008 6:23 PM

Jan 2008
There wasn't anything particularly epic to this episode, I found the fight between Utau was even better, but it was still enjoyable. It also seemed like they tried a little too hard to make everyone happy with the combination of Amu and Ikuto and Amu with Tadase. I wanted some sort of closure to which one she wanted more, even though she Will choose Ikuto :) At least we got to see Ikuto do his little smirk (so hot) and lots of scenes with him acting so aloof, I'm going to stop myself there before I started going all fangirl like for Ikuto! X)
I give the series a 9/10, I know that's obsessively lame and there really is a lot of things to hate in this series, but in the end....it really brightens my day, filler or not! I hope the subs for Doki come a little faster than the first season, but so far, it seems quite the opposite. I at least hope chibi-subs will continue anyway.
Oct 13, 2008 8:47 PM

Dec 2007
Zerosbakainu said:
this doesn't look like the last ep... and who, a smoke bomb stopped them from getting the embryo.

That was kinda weird actually, i dont get why they put a preview for doki in it and then called it episode 52...
Oct 14, 2008 4:20 AM

Nov 2006
Shen said:
And Yuu in the morning... awww that was cute xD
YES someone besides me thinks he is awesome! and you have tsuyukusa faved too! you are awesome

I bumped it back up to a 9 after this episode because i thought the Crush Triangle saving amu was cute. might take it back down to an 8 depending on how doki is though.
Oct 14, 2008 11:39 AM

Jun 2007
It was nice but it will have an 8/10
52... Dia yay x3
Oct 14, 2008 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
so I don't get it was that the end of season one of shugo chara? and episode 52 will be technically season two of shugo chara?
Oct 14, 2008 7:29 PM

Dec 2007
Lumi-chan said:
sugarplumfairy said:
sonicspin said:

Well, the main thing about the series IS the embryo, not Amu/Ikuto/Tadase/wtv, although most of the people think that what's important is Amu's love interest, so you shouldn't be surprised to see that the embryo will still be the main theme..

About the episode... I watched it raw *skipping about 75% of the episode cause it wasn't important* and thought it was really bad for a season finale, but watching this whole episode with the subs... It still doesn't seem like the end of a season *they should really have ended this with Amu vs. Utau* but it's better than the normal Shugo Chara episodes, so =)
I just think Ikuto is so stupid ¬¬ Giving up the embryo for Amu >.< I love Amu, but the embryo meant freedom for him.. Amu shouldn't be more important than that =/
Final score 7/10 - blame the fillers ¬¬

Actually in shoujo animes the main thing is usually less important than the relationship between characters. Anyway the episode was only a little of amuto, random appearance of the embryo and indirect love confession from Tadase that nobody except Ikuto seemed to understand.
Oct 14, 2008 9:07 PM

May 2008
yeah i actually thought there was one more episode until i added the episode on MAL... wasn't really an ending. but it was a good series nonetheless. teaches good values to kids too, im actually really surprised that i could enjoy this series at 17
Oct 14, 2008 10:54 PM

Jan 2008
Yay new season coming
Love Ikuto in this episode cool animation
but can't Amu just fly and leave ikuto the trouble? ><
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2008 1:17 PM

May 2008
pretty decent ending for season 1 ..
looking forword for "Doki" I hope it will be even better!
The sub is late though x__x
Oct 15, 2008 4:49 PM

May 2007
I guess this episode was ok for a final...?
We got to see all the characters and their transformations again (except for Utau which we saw for like 1 sec), we learned alittle bit about the Genzo person, and there was moooooar Ikuto, fufu.
Still in need of more plot, but yeah. I love Shugo Chara anyway so I won't complain :)

Hopefully Doki won't be so fillerful.

Oct 16, 2008 12:18 AM
Oct 2007
10/10 of course, but man...

That ending sucked- it looked like exactly what they want to do... uh

Like you expect plot, but this whole episode there was NOTHING new. :(
Oct 18, 2008 8:41 AM
Jun 2008
This didn't look like the end of the season at all... just my opinion :)
Oct 20, 2008 12:47 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, you can't really call that an ending, since the 2nd season is coming almost immediately after that episode.
Dec 9, 2008 7:36 PM

Oct 2007
FUCK YEAH! X EGG SWASTIKA ENDING!
Dec 21, 2008 10:12 PM
Jan 2008
Very climatic but not really at the same time LOL
Jan 2, 2009 1:54 PM

Jun 2008
"Together we are Guardian 5." xD at what Kukai said it reminded of like a Power Ranger moment or something. Ohoho Tadase declared war sort of that was cool. Enjoyable episode.
HEY!
Jan 9, 2009 10:34 AM

Feb 2008
Amu x Ikuto ftw.
I hate Tadase.

Especially when he said "I'll never give anything up to you". Is he talking about Amu too?
Feb 10, 2009 4:22 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Was fun up to this point. For a Mahou Shoujo anime, really funny and stylish. 8/10

Off to season two~

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 15, 2009 4:11 PM

Oct 2008
nice ending.
except they were supposed to end it with a big bang.
awesome,anyway.
Apr 27, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
Cute ending! ^^

I want more :)

May 8, 2009 11:17 PM

May 2008
cyruz said:
Was fun up to this point. For a Mahou Shoujo anime, really funny and stylish. 8/10

Off to season two~
Agreed.
May 27, 2009 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
I know their will me more episodes but that was a sh*t ending.

Jun 17, 2009 5:23 PM
Apr 2009
I expected more from the ending . .
At least there's season two (:
Jun 29, 2009 4:30 PM

Jun 2008
Oh Kukai I missed you. Well it was funny, cute and interesting. 8/10

Season two here we come.
Sep 16, 2009 12:18 AM

Dec 2008
an ending without climax but it was ok.
Sep 25, 2009 10:41 PM

Sep 2008
It was fine, I guess. Good enough for me, since there's a continuation. :D
Off to Doki~
Oct 25, 2009 10:37 PM

Jan 2009
Nice series though I don't know if I'll continue with the second season as I've heard that it's mostly filler, but who knows?
I'm glad I got to enjoy this first season.

8/10

Feb 8, 2010 4:27 PM

Nov 2009
NOOOOOooooooo its the end XD haha i loved this season so much!!! eeee ikuto!!! X3 haha they ALMOST had the embryo!!! i wished every1s dream could have came true XP
Mar 4, 2010 9:21 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty good... seemed more like a segway into the new season, not a finale, but it's not as if that matters much to me.

I watched the part where Ikuto cradled Amu's head as they fell about five times<3.

Mar 19, 2010 10:39 AM

Jan 2010
Actually I loved this episode...

I mean, there was Kukai, Kukai charanari, Kukai epicness, LOTS of Ikuto, Ikuto epicness, IkutoxAmu moment, Guardian five! (Which made me rofl. Oh Kukai, why are you so awesome.) I mean, plot development is nice, but the main reason I love this show is because of the characters, the artstyle, the cuteness, and the overflowing fangirl material! ^^)

My wishes for season two:

- More AmuxIkuto development
- Amu rejecting Tadase. *evil grin*
- More Kukai-appearances
- More Utau-appearances
- Nagihiko-comeback
- Megane-kun-comeback
- YuuxYukari
- More Utau charanari. >.<
- New Songs
Jun 29, 2011 10:16 AM

Dec 2009
Somehow i feel like i'm the only one who didn't enjoy the show. I was expeting so much more when i first started watching, hm.. ;o;
Dec 17, 2011 5:32 PM

Oct 2008
Overall 7/10
Anti-climatic ending, but better than average ep. This really should have ended after the Amu vs Utau fight.
It would have been better at only 26 or even 39 eps. Without all the fillers it could have gotten a 8/10.
I'll watch doki but will probably skim through most of the fillers.

Btw, why did Amu think the 'usual place' was the amusement park? That didn't really make sense to me. I think it should have been the place she met him on multiple occasions, where he played the violin, but maybe that's just me?
JezabirdDec 17, 2011 5:40 PM
Feb 29, 2012 4:14 PM

Aug 2008
overall ok show for younger audience
Mar 8, 2013 1:18 AM

Aug 2010
Even though it's a kids show, I overall enjoyed the first series. Su is so cute! I want plushies of all the shugo chara.
Sep 13, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2012
Very good first season with some excellent characters. 7/10
Mar 29, 2014 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
is there another episode about Dia in the last or that's in the second season?

anyway it's a cool episode 9/10

Dec 20, 2014 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
This last episode of the first season was the best of all episodes I've ever seen at this anime! Amu-chan and Ikuto-kun couldn't take the embryo, but I liked the way how Ikuto tried to protect Amu when they were fell into the grown.

Now let's how is going to be the second season.
Amu-chan, Cool and Spicy! :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jul 28, 2015 12:33 AM

Dec 2012
Can't go one episode without Amu taking aim with that negatively open heart of hers, huh? Surprisingly it didn't really bother me, and I liked the little tune that went along with it. So close to the embryo (assuming it really is anyway), something tells me that it'll only hatch/activate for someone who is truly ready for their wish to be fulfilled. I also wonder if the Humpty Lock/Dumpty Key are connected to it as well. Loved those last Ikuto/Amu moments, this season ended nicely and I look forward to watching Doki in the near future albeit at a slower pace.

I never imagined I would get so addicted to this, especially considering how episodic/fillerish it ended up feeling at times. Although I definitely preferred when it was focused on the main overlying plot, I still enjoyed those character building episodes and X of the week format scenarios.

Cute. This show was so insanely adorable. It was like a sugar rush for the eyes every twist and turn. The guardian charas had me roaring at their various antics, such as Kiseki's adventurous ambitions, KusuKusu being the clown that she is, and Su was just...wow, cuuuute. I really enjoyed most of the cast, particularly Kukai and how cool and easy going he was. Amu is definitely favorite character material, I love how quirky and diverse her personality was. I can see why so many of the male chars fell for her, I was crushing on her a bit myself. Cool and spicy!

Anime just continues to surprise me. I don't pass up anything based on its demographic, but I really didn't expect to find shows aimed at little girls to be so much fun. It was (mostly) wholesome and just kept putting a smile on my face and melting my heart. It had simple but relatable themes about confidence, determination, and trying to figure out who you truly are. Even in my 20s, I still struggle with many of the thoughts Amu dealt with. I really like how it emphasized how someone doesn't need to know who they are to enjoy the journey of life. As Kukai put it, it's more fun to not know exactly who you want to be and lets you be whoever you want on the way.

Definitely going to be picking up Doki soon, but I really want to savor this show so no rush.

9/10, i-it's not like it was all bad or anything like that (obstinate character).
Sep 19, 2015 12:46 AM

Feb 2014
Ooog I shouldn't have stayed up until 3:30 watching this =_= I kept having to rewind because I would fall asleep.

Not a bad finale. I realize that Doki is supposed to be direct sequel but unfortunately I feel like this season lacked closure. Everything seems to be left so open: Amu's romance life, the mystery of the embryo, etc.

But some thoughts on the episode: the boss is really creepy, the shugo charas yelling at Amu for leaving the humpty lock at school was funny, and it felt kinda small for a finale.

Also did anyone else notice that the Embryons, when combined together, formed a swastika for a second there...? I was kinda surprised by that.

Overall, I real loved Shugo Chara! I waited so long to actually start watching this and I really liked it a lot more than I expected to! And this is super surprising because it had so much filler in it (although for the most part it was really only the filler episodes after 43 that bugged me because I wanted the show to stick with story!). Super happy I watched it. 9-10/10 because I loved this series so much. I should start Doki soon!
Noodle070Sep 19, 2015 9:00 AM
Apr 17, 2020 3:50 AM

Apr 2009
This show is great when Kukai,Nadeshiko, and Nikaido are still active on the show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shugo Chara! Episode 11 Discussion

nOObman - Dec 23, 2007

41 by Scoopy777 »»
Feb 20, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Shugo Chara! Episode 10 Discussion

candydive - Dec 10, 2007

33 by Scoopy777 »»
Feb 20, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Shugo Chara! Episode 9 Discussion

nOObman - Dec 9, 2007

31 by Scoopy777 »»
Feb 19, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Shugo Chara! Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

29 by Scoopy777 »»
Feb 19, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Shugo Chara! Episode 7 Discussion

Kineta - Nov 20, 2007

28 by Scoopy777 »»
Feb 19, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.