Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2013 2:59 AM

Feb 2009
Pessoa said:
the comedy at the end doesn't fit the general mood, hated it.

Kinda ruined it for me too. Anyway, I'm glad it finally came to an end. Now I can put it behind me and forever forget about it.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jan 7, 2013 4:36 AM

Oct 2012
I was expecting more about this episode, although it was a great one, but it isn't my favorite at all. Seeing it as an ending episode it was amazing, tough. Alucard as always being awesome, one of the best characters in my opinion, great series 10/10.
Jan 7, 2013 6:48 AM

Jun 2011
Easily, 10/10
One of the best Adaptation.
Jan 7, 2013 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Jan 7, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
A fantastic show worth its long waiting time. Most of the episodes made me shiver from all of their awesomenes.
10/10 Truly earnt rate in my personal opinion.
Shame that it ended but fillers would kill this show surely.
Jan 7, 2013 11:41 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, can't believe it's finally over after 6 years! That sure was a fucking good ride!
Really sad there'll be no more Alucard =(
Overall, this was a brilliant series and I wish some other series got the same treatment.
10/10

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
Jan 7, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2008
IT WAS THE EPITOME OF AWESOMENESS!
9001/10
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jan 7, 2013 2:20 PM

Jan 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Just watched it raw, that was a good episode. Crazy how he killed all of the lives that were inside of him. How was Seras able to just get that cannon from nowhere, and Integra got darker as she aged.

I liked it when Allucard said "I am no longer here, I am no longer anywhere, I can go anywhere, that's why I'm here." Which I believe is what Schrodinger's Cat said.

Pretty much this, so much glaring inconsistency and a rather sloppy ending in my opinion. Integra suddenly getting a penchant for fake tan in her old age was rather LoL.

It had enough to redeem it though, some well written dialogue saved it and with all the studio switching and problems I suppose it did rather well, down to 9/10 for me though.

It was worth waiting for Sage too I think the horrible YouTube rip would have crushed me.
Jan 7, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2012
loved how the hellsing story mixed with myths and history. Just the problem between the release dates. It made me forget what happened last episode. would have been nice if the was a quick recap. So many great characters in the series. I'm going to miss this anime.

AMEN! out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 8, 2013 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
I really didn't like the ending.

I'll give it a 7/10 though, still a fun ride.
Jan 8, 2013 10:23 AM

Dec 2008
It was good to see Pip Bernadotte again, even though it was brief! I really liked him!!
That fight between Seras and the Werewolf was WIN! I was on the edge of my seat for that one.

Didn't care to much for the last 10 minutes of the episode. The animation and humor just REALLY seemed out of place considering how heavy, hard core, and gory this was. I did like the final moments when Integral greeted Alucard and offered up her blood.

I wish Hellsing could go on forever simply because Alucard is the best vampire ever to grace anime and manga!
Jan 8, 2013 10:56 AM

Oct 2012
For me it stayed loyal to the grandiosity of the series.

It got a 10/10 from me
Jan 8, 2013 8:28 PM

Aug 2012
Ginko-Senpai said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Just watched it raw, that was a good episode. Crazy how he killed all of the lives that were inside of him. How was Seras able to just get that cannon from nowhere, and Integra got darker as she aged.

I liked it when Allucard said "I am no longer here, I am no longer anywhere, I can go anywhere, that's why I'm here." Which I believe is what Schrodinger's Cat said.

Pretty much this, so much glaring inconsistency and a rather sloppy ending in my opinion. Integra suddenly getting a penchant for fake tan in her old age was rather LoL.

It had enough to redeem it though, some well written dialogue saved it and with all the studio switching and problems I suppose it did rather well, down to 9/10 for me though.

Even though it has the same "flaws" of the source material, the adaptation was done perfectly well.

And we all know that is very difficult to find an adaptation as faithful as this.
Jan 8, 2013 8:53 PM
Jun 2009
I think Hellsing Ultimate just won the award for most Anti-Climatic ending/final episode in the history of visual/written media.
Jan 8, 2013 10:47 PM

Dec 2007
i was satisfied with the ending there's nobody else to fight him lol
Jan 9, 2013 12:57 AM

Jun 2008
6 Years after the first OVA came out....it's finally over!

Absolutely BRILLIANT!

What a masterpiece of an anime, the animation, the characters, the story, everything was so fucking awesome.

This is a very rare anime nowadays, there is almost nothing I can complain about, and this is by far one of the best adaptations ever made.

I have completed over 400+ anime.....but only about 4% of those anime have the score that I will give hellsing.

10/10......By far the best vampire anime ever done, the best Male Character I have ever seen (Alucard) and one of the best twists on a classic (Dracula) that anime has made.

I will truly miss this anime!
Jan 9, 2013 4:09 AM

Apr 2009
ChaosLegion said:
Pessoa said:
the comedy at the end doesn't fit the general mood, hated it.

Kinda ruined it for me too. Anyway, I'm glad it finally came to an end. Now I can put it behind me and forever forget about it.
Yeah, that's one thing I never really like about Hellsing. The switch to comedy often felt awkward.
Jan 9, 2013 8:06 AM

Jan 2013
Klimat said:
Osuras said:
For all the seriousness that it was, you can't possibly say that wasn't an almost mawkish ending?

It was lighthearted after all the horror before and I'm fine with it.

I'm with you. Each part is a part. All scenes of blood and drama stayed behind. It would be bad if the comedy was in the middle of the episode.

Moreover, there is more than one way to do comedy. As starts for example. Break of tension.
I think the comedy of Hellsing is compatible with the rest of the series because it's the complete opposite.
Jan 9, 2013 4:01 PM
Apr 2011
Overall Amazing story and Amazing art.
I give 9/10 for the whole series.

Vampire that sucks blood, and make the owner of the blood inside him.
It's just like Philosopher Stone in FullMetal Alchemist, the Owner of Philosopher Stone is living with alot of soul that have been sacrifaces to create it.
Jan 10, 2013 1:26 PM

Jun 2010
10 OVA wasn't the best one in Hellsing Ultimate serie. Gag style at the end was annoying. Not so much action aswell.. Alucard death came just too easly.

Still Hellsing Ultimate is my favourite anime so far. I like it so much as Dragon Ball.
So hard to find this days dark, strong, interesting main character. Alucard always was BAD ass vampire without cheesy shiet.

10/10
Jan 10, 2013 1:27 PM
Apr 2012
It was good, but I expected something better.

Rating whole series a 9/10, still one of my favourites.
Jan 11, 2013 1:46 PM

Aug 2012
Badass. Enough said.

10/10
Jan 11, 2013 2:42 PM

Apr 2011
10/10. (Even though the gag-animations at the end didn't fit AT ALL.)
Guess I'm gonna rewatch it all now so I won't have to deal with the waiting and forgetting inbetween.
Jan 12, 2013 3:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I missed having some background on what exactly happened with Walter in 1944 and a look at how Abraham Hellsing defeated Alucard back in the day. Episode 10 wasn't the best, and the epilogue at the end dragged a bit, but episodes 4-9 must rank as some of the most incredible, over the top animation extravaganzas ever to come out of Japan. Great series. I look forward to a complete box set soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 12, 2013 3:16 AM

Jan 2012
Finally had the chance to see this. Waiting so long for the last episode. And I have to say it was worth it. I really enjoyed this ending, also glad Alucard survived. A little sad for Walter though. Anyway, the series were really amazing.

Jan 15, 2013 8:07 AM

Jun 2011
Finally it is over, finally! Just as epic as the manga, which is my 2nd favorite from everything I've ever read so far. I'm really glad they decided to animate the part about Major's past as to why he's a cyborg. If I'm missing anything about this, it's a bit more time for Seras and Alucard's reunion at the end... but oh well, can't get everything and this OVA was already epic as it is ^^

But I must quote Integra here...

"You're late. Too late. So late", Hellsing.
This project took so long I was already losing hope at some point, way too long. How many years has it been since we started this? Geez... I know we can thank the awesome quality because of that, but even despite that it's so long. It didn't quite take 30 years at least, lol

One of the best animes ever, 10/10, obviously :) This is truly a masterpiece
Jan 15, 2013 8:14 AM

Aug 2012
Pyr0 said:
But I must quote Integra here...

"You're late. Too late. So late", Hellsing.
This project took so long I was already losing hope at some point, way too long. How many years has it been since we started this? Geez... I know we can thank the awesome quality because of that, but even despite that it's so long. It didn't quite take 30 years at least, lol

Took it nearly 6 years. So roughly 1ep per 7months? I'm glad i didn't wait that long, less than 1year in my case, but still i agree that that's way too long >.< If i want to truly enjoy this anime i'll have to rewatch it again sometime.
Jan 15, 2013 10:23 PM

Feb 2012
Well it was a great series.

Only downside is that eps took so long to release that I forgot the important parts of previous eps which left me confused in ep 10. Thankfully some posters in the first few pages of this thread cleared some of it up.
Jan 16, 2013 4:29 AM
May 2011
Behold, Alucards greates weakness: Quantum mechanics!
Jan 17, 2013 10:06 AM

Mar 2012
Humm welll, it was good and bad ride. Good Because it has breathtaking and eye candy battles and bad when the pace is very slow. Im one of few that prefers the filler version over this.
6-7/10. watva
huntxJan 17, 2013 10:12 AM
Jan 20, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2008
I agree that the comedy seemed kind of bad there but anyway it didn't make me forget all the awesomeness i saw.
Also we at least got a nice Seras panty shot there.

Marzan said:
how Abraham Hellsing defeated Alucard back in the day.

That and the whole Mari thing is basically the story of Dracula so just see or read that.
Jan 20, 2013 9:53 PM

Aug 2011
Kind of a slow episode/ending in my opinion... but at last, its finally over. It's been amazing for the most part.
Jan 22, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2010
Fantastic Episode as always....... Awesome blood+gore+fights+epic speeches

Hellsing is finally over.... After 7years......

9/10
Jan 23, 2013 12:15 PM

Jan 2011
Kind of disappointing. The OVAs started pretty strong in my opinion and went downhill after that. I'm a sucker for character development so the lack of it was one of the most glaring bad points in my eyes, but oh well. Fun ride nonetheless. I'm happy that I haven't waited so long - I marathoned the 10 OVAs this week and watching them one after the other was pretty nice but it showed the flaws as well. 7/10 in my book.
Jan 24, 2013 12:53 PM

Feb 2010
Just fantastic. I am very glad it ended with the quality it started with... I am also glad future viewers can watch all the episodes in succession, without having to wait like we all did.

Am I the only person who WANTED Alucard to bite Integra and make her a vampire? Can you imagine how badass she'd be?? Plus, I find her and Alucard should never be separated... I love their partner ship.

Other than that, this show/ending was perfect, and the comedic elements didn't bother me. Maybe it's because I've seen so much random comedy mixed with seriousness (I have watched a lot of SHAFT shows after all..) that this didn't bother me.

All in all, 10/10. Just a superb adaptation, infinitely better than the TV series, and better than most animes ever conceived.

Alucard = so GAR..... <3 love it!
Jan 24, 2013 1:46 PM

Aug 2009
MusashiRose said:

Am I the only person who WANTED Alucard to bite Integra and make her a vampire?

No, of course you're not the only one. I was wishing for that to happen too. But at the same time, I feel that would go against Integra's character and everything she stands for.
She is a human among monsters, a normal among an army of different kinds of demons, yet at no time do we get a feeling she is less capable because of that. On the contrary, that's what makes her, a mere mortal, even more formidable and awe-inspiring. As Joker would put it "There's nothing mere about that mortal."
metamorphiusJan 24, 2013 2:20 PM
Jan 24, 2013 9:45 PM

Apr 2012
Well, that was fun; however, the finale ended up being less bloody than I anticipated - which might sound strange since there were actual rivers of blood at one point.

Anyway, this episode was not my favorite of the series but it was still pretty good. My main problems were with the comedy stuff that they brought back at the end that did not fit at all; and a number of the speeches that were given throughout the episode felt a bit overlong. But it concluded things pretty well and still had its share of entertaining moments.

On the whole, I really liked the series. The action sequences, the characters, and just the overall atmosphere were fun to watch. Not entirely sure what I will rate this yet but probably 8, possibly 9, out of 10.
Feb 1, 2013 6:06 AM
Dec 2012
At this point, I'm honestly getting tired of the people hating on the comedy. They keep going "It wasn't necessary!", "Why did they put this here?", "It's so out of place!".
Honestly, has ANY of you even read the manga? ALL of the comedy was in it. The whole selling point for the anime was that it was closer to the manga. And, believe it or not, it actually contributes to the character development.
Also, for the people who were disappointed with the ending:
The ending was pretty decent, actually. It's just that the wait had been so long that people had expected even more action than any of the other episodes. If you start watching Hellsing Ultimate NOW, then I doubt that the ending would've disappointed.
The only thing that I disliked, were the horrible degradation of the animation during episode 8-10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFjF4bgKUhM)
Fuck you, Graphinica X Kelmadic.
Feb 2, 2013 1:00 AM
Jul 2011
I'm just glad it's finally over. I already read and finished the manga long ago and was excited when Hellsing Ultimate was announced to be more closer to the manga. I would get see out some of my favorite manga scenes in full animation glory. However the long execution it took for this series to get to the end was just...tiring. Even some of the scenes seem to be dragged out longer than normal(my gawd The Major seem to drag on even longer in animation form..).

I never really liked the ending from the original manga so I wasn't expecting to be wowed anyways on finale. Regardless, finally some conclusion. Thank you Hellsing for being an entertaining, silly vampire gorefest.
Feb 7, 2013 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
What a badass, he fought millions of vampires for 30 years.

The action in this episode was nice, Seras kicked ass. I found Walter's death to be pretty sad.

I thought Alucard wouldn't come back at the end but I'm glad he did.

This series has finally come to an end. It has been a fun ride.

Overall 8.5/10
Feb 7, 2013 10:55 AM
Feb 2013
I adore this show, but I didn't really like the ending, and it's not for the comedy bits I dislike it. What I didn't like was Alucard coming back to life.

Regardless of how terribly evil the Major was, I think at the end when he explained why he wanted to defeat Alucard, I agreed with his reasoning as to why he was still a man, even though his body was a machine. His desires and ambitions could fully be ascribed to his own choice.

Then there was Alucard's comments that only a man would ever be able to defeat him. I thought it would have been wonderfully fitting for The Major to have been the one to have killed Alucard.

Still though, love this show, I have the Blu-Ray's, and I'm waiting for an official launch of 9-10 in the US to finish of the actual collection. :p
Feb 7, 2013 11:40 AM

Apr 2009
Mad_Monarch said:
Regardless of how terribly evil the Major was, I think at the end when he explained why he wanted to defeat Alucard, I agreed with his reasoning as to why he was still a man, even though his body was a machine. His desires and ambitions could fully be ascribed to his own choice.

Then there was Alucard's comments that only a man would ever be able to defeat him. I thought it would have been wonderfully fitting for The Major to have been the one to have killed Alucard.

Still Integra pretty much countered Major's logic right away.
But of cause it's up to individual viewers to judge who was right there...
Feb 7, 2013 11:44 AM
Feb 2013
Klimat said:
Mad_Monarch said:

Still Integra pretty much countered Major's logic right away.
But of cause it's up to individual viewers to judge who was right there...

I might just have caught the bad sub someone mentioned earlier then, as I also didn't see the 'No, Farewell Integra' dialogue. All I remember her saying in response was 'Nope, you're a monster allright.' Not quoting directly mind you. :p

Of course, I still would have found it fitting given Integra, who is staying mortal, will die as well leaving no heirs. Who else could possibly be around to command Alucards respect as she?
Feb 7, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
I can recommend you softsub from CtA.
Mad_Monarch said:
Who else could possibly be around to command Alucards respect as she?

Should Integra really die, I guess current queen/king will assign Alucard to work in some secret service agency, possibly under young Islands.
Feb 7, 2013 12:26 PM
Feb 2013
Klimat said:
I can recommend you softsub from CtA.
Mad_Monarch said:
Who else could possibly be around to command Alucards respect as she?

Should Integra really die, I guess current queen/king will assign Alucard to work in some secret service agency, possibly under young Islands.

I'll have to give that sub a look when I have some time. Thanks. :p
Feb 7, 2013 8:58 PM

Apr 2011
Very awesome show, I'm gonna have to re-watch the first 9 chapters cuz I forgot big chunks of the story from one chapter to the next. Still an amazingly animated and voice acted show!

5/5

10/10
Feb 8, 2013 6:48 PM
May 2010
So I watched this. And I'm giving it 8.5/10.
Sure, we've got to see many epic scenes and gory action, but, to my personal taste, the story is quite straight and simple. Nothing too shocking or unexpected happened and that bothers me. Otherwise, many aspects of the show are simply awesome, such as picture quality, music and action sequences.

Also, I was really hoping Major had some interesting plans in his mind, and that he didn't want to die for real. But, meh, he just died. And he didn't even kill Alucard. What a fail.
ninaskoFeb 10, 2013 8:31 AM
Feb 8, 2013 11:39 PM

Apr 2009
When Victoria was getting her own ass handed to her by the werewolf, I was so elated to hear Pip's voice again I was about to cry with manly tears of joy (or whatever that was). XD

I know what the fat cyborg Major was prattling about was suppose to be his/their raison d'être but it was boring as hell when he was about it the entire time of his appearance. He was essentially talking the same thing across several episodes ago.

Major: Blah blah blah...
Me : OMG he's still talking!!! >_<

And he's back, he's freakin' back after 30 goddamn years!

I rated this episode 8/10, my favorite and IMHO the best episode was episode 7 in which I had experienced a whole lot of roller coaster emotions, anxiety, grief and indignation, just from watching it, It's closely followed by episode 6, Seras wielding the 2 Harkonnen II cannons was so much wallpaper worthy! All in all this series gets a 9/10 from me for the bad ass shit and crazy action.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 9, 2013 3:44 PM

Oct 2007
A great adaption. As a fan of the manga I am very satisfied. Everything from episode 4 onwards was pretty much spot on, and that's not a common thing for most anime adaptions. The OVA treatment that Hellsing received is maybe the best way of adapting a manga such as this, and it turned out brilliant. So 10/10, despite some minor issues in mostly the early episodes. Let's hope the Berserk adaption will turn out the same way. (And also the adaption of The Dawn.)

And to the people complaining about the comedy:
There is a very fine line between over-the-top seriousness and comedy, and Hellsing intentionally crossed it from the very beginning. And thus, the pure comedy parts are not out of place at all. This becomes even more apparent when you read the manga.
Feb 19, 2013 6:55 AM

May 2010
Saw this recently. It was very good, but I didn't quite understand some things. Plus the comedy parts were really out of place.

1) Could someone explain in detail the reasoning behind the Major's reason to kill Alucard?
2) What's the deal with Schrödinger, his powers and his role in killing Alucard? I suppose it has something to do with Schrödinger's cat but how was this connected to killing Alucard?

Other than that, the anime was great. The characters were amazing and it was so good to see more of them, then I could in the series.

edit: Anyone else thought of Dr. Mengele when they saw The Doctor?
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollodorus - Jul 23, 2009

176 by LightNoragami1 »»
Feb 21, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.