Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 25, 2012 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
sikandsak you really broke everything down, amazing analysis.

I loved this episode, it made me have a rainbow of emotions.
Nov 29, 2012 12:07 AM

Jan 2012
still didn't show why she treated her mom like trash

how clueless can you people be to overlook this crucial info?

brb mom and dad gave me everything, never hit me and always teach me how to live my life to the fullest, so I'm gonna return the favor by treating them like shit

also brb mom died but i'm so mad at her for not telling me, so let's go full retard and sell all her shit to forget about everything

strong fucking logic

tempting to drop this shit
flaxman85Nov 29, 2012 12:10 AM
Dec 29, 2012 11:37 AM
Jul 2012
flaxman85 said:

brb mom and dad gave me everything, never hit me and always teach me how to live my life to the fullest, so I'm gonna return the favor by treating them like shit

also brb mom died but i'm so mad at her for not telling me, so let's go full retard and sell all her shit to forget about everything

strong fucking logic

You really don't have much experience with children do you? She wasn't being mean on purpose, that's just how a lot of kids express themselves when they are younger. Some struggle to say what they truly feel because they are young and developing mentally. The parents didn't look like the super strict type so that would be the reason she was given the leeway to grow that way and able to express herself however she wanted. They didn't want to force her to act a certain way as you can tell from her mother's perspective. Usually people who are music inclined tend to be very down to earth. They go with the flow and tend to let your emotions run it's course as it can affect the emotion you put into music. Remember the scene when her mother said she sounded angry but really she was just trying to hard and told her to look outside to relax. Music is about being yourself, not forcing yourself. Don't act like everyone as a kid just acknowledges instantly the things they are given. Most people, even adults, don't realize that until it's to late. She learned at a young age tbh and acted upon it even after her death.

TL;DR: You sounded like a child raging about not understanding basic fundamentals of character development and thrashed out against it like a child ironically.
Dec 29, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2012
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:

strong fucking logic

You really don't have much experience with children do you? She wasn't being mean on purpose, that's just how a lot of kids express themselves when they are younger. Some struggle to say what they truly feel because they are young and developing mentally. The parents didn't look like the super strict type so that would be the reason she was given the leeway to grow that way and able to express herself however she wanted. They didn't want to force her to act a certain way as you can tell from her mother's perspective. Usually people who are music inclined tend to be very down to earth. They go with the flow and tend to let your emotions run it's course as it can affect the emotion you put into music. Remember the scene when her mother said she sounded angry but really she was just trying to hard and told her to look outside to relax. Music is about being yourself, not forcing yourself. Don't act like everyone as a kid just acknowledges instantly the things they are given. Most people, even adults, don't realize that until it's to late. She learned at a young age tbh and acted upon it even after her death.

TL;DR: You sounded like a child raging about not understanding basic fundamentals of character development and thrashed out against it like a child ironically.

brb been given a leeway to grow however I want, so I'm gonna treat them like shit because I don't know how else to express myself

strong logic is strong

So, you're telling me that if a child was raised by parents with love, care, and freedom, he/she would treat them like garbage as a way of expressing his/her love towards them?

Such shit logic only work if the child has a mental problem or been mentally abused by outside environment, but then again we're talking about women here. Logic doesn't apply to them; not even in anime it seems.

TL;DR: You've gone full retard.
Dec 29, 2012 1:43 PM
Jul 2012
flaxman85 said:
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:

strong fucking logic

brb been given a leeway to grow however I want, so I'm gonna treat them like shit because I don't know how else to express myself

strong logic is strong

So, you're telling me that if a child was raised by parents with love, care, and freedom, he/she would treat them like garbage as a way of expressing his/her love towards them?

Such shit logic only work if the child has a mental problem or been mentally abused by outside environment, but then again we're talking about women here. Logic doesn't apply to them; not even in anime it seems.

Hahaha, I feel for you. She wasn't treating her like shit if you paid attention. Have you ever had kids before? I can answer that, fuck no. Kids act that way because they strive for attention and want to be the center of attention. The problem she was having was expressing herself and focused on entrance exams because she thought that was the true way to learn music. Her mother wanted her to learn music by expressing yourself with her friends and with herself. The mother didn't tell her she was flat wrong because that's not how you teach someone a lesson of life. I'm sorry you fail to understand how to up bring a person into the world. The same reason she didn't want her to know her illness because she would of felt symphony for her and her music/attitude would of been of sorrow and separation and not of joyous memories they obtained together. You make it sound like humans have a set pattern of mental growth just because you treat them nicely, give them things, and care for them. Have you ever seen reality bro? Jesus.

TL;DR: Kids arn't logical retard. Their minds are still developing and they are coping and learning how to deal with their own issues everyday.
senopuiDec 29, 2012 1:49 PM
Dec 30, 2012 1:03 AM

Jan 2012
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:

strong fucking logic

strong logic is strong

Hahaha, I feel for you. She wasn't treating her like shit if you paid attention. Have you ever had kids before? I can answer that, fuck no. Kids act that way because they strive for attention and want to be the center of attention. The problem she was having was expressing herself and focused on entrance exams because she thought that was the true way to learn music. Her mother wanted her to learn music by expressing yourself with her friends and with herself. The mother didn't tell her she was flat wrong because that's not how you teach someone a lesson of life. I'm sorry you fail to understand how to up bring a person into the world. The same reason she didn't want her to know her illness because she would of felt symphony for her and her music/attitude would of been of sorrow and separation and not of joyous memories they obtained together. You make it sound like humans have a set pattern of mental growth just because you treat them nicely, give them things, and care for them. Have you ever seen reality bro? Jesus.

TL;DR: Kids arn't logical retard. Their minds are still developing and they are coping and learning how to deal with their own issues everyday.

You do realize that this "kid" we're talking about is 14-15 years old right?

If they're not capable of differentiating how to appropriately react and respond to certain situations correctly by now, then they're most likely mentally challenged.

I don't know how old you are, but you sound like you have a child of your own with the know-it-all attitude. However, you can't argue the fact that her attitude towards her parent is unacceptable and doesn't make sense with all the information the anime provided.

OMG you guys are so nice to me. I'm already 15 years old, but I'm too damn retarded to figure out how to express my GRATITUTE back to you, so I'm going treat you like a piece of shit instead. XOXO

How hard is it for a grown ass 15 years old woman to express her love in front of her loving parents instead of being cold all the time? A simple hug would fucking get the job done.

Also nice try on trying to change the subject to her mom and her "sorrow" symphony piece.

brb i don't want my daughter to feel sad and make a boo-hoo music piece when I died

What kind of derp logic is that? Oh wait, you've already gone full retarded.

All her mom has to do was man the fuck up and tell Wakana about the illness and make great memories together while coming to an understanding with each other.

TL;DR - retards gonna retard

PS. Happy New Year, m8. Please Stay safe. :)
Dec 30, 2012 8:19 AM
Jul 2012
flaxman85 said:
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:
senopui said:
flaxman85 said:

strong fucking logic

strong logic is strong

You do realize that this "kid" we're talking about is 14-15 years old right?

If they're not capable of differentiating how to appropriately react and respond to certain situations correctly by now, then they're most likely mentally challenged.

I don't know how old you are, but you sound like you have a child of your own with the know-it-all attitude. However, you can't argue the fact that her attitude towards her parent is unacceptable and doesn't make sense with all the information the anime provided.

OMG you guys are so nice to me. I'm already 15 years old, but I'm too damn retarded to figure out how to express my GRATITUTE back to you, so I'm going treat you like a piece of shit instead. XOXO

How hard is it for a grown ass 15 years old woman to express her love in front of her loving parents instead of being cold all the time? A simple hug would fucking get the job done.

Also nice try on trying to change the subject to her mom and her "sorrow" symphony piece.

brb i don't want my daughter to feel sad and make a boo-hoo music piece when I died

What kind of derp logic is that? Oh wait, you've already gone full retarded.

All her mom has to do was man the fuck up and tell Wakana about the illness and make great memories together while coming to an understanding with each other.

TL;DR - retards gonna retard

PS. Happy New Year, m8. Please Stay safe. :)

You do realize most of this happened when she was in junior high right? Her mom died when she was in junior high so no shit she couldn't understand what was going on. She held a grudge because her mom kept it a secret from her instead of letting her know. Her mom was being selfish in the first place which is why she was angry about the whole thing anyways. It has nothing to do with up bringing when your parent just DIES on you out of no where with no indication that was going to happen. Seriously man, think about it hard. Regardless how much they cared for her, she DIDN'T expect her mom to die which is why she was acting selfish in the first place. They both were selfish and they both suffered from it. Most teens CAN'T express their love to their parents. Why do you think suicide rate is so high anyways? Lack of communication between families. That's my point. You notice the problems but that's what makes them human else it would be cliched and lovelydovey perfect world scenario which isn't known in slice of life genre. It might seem dumb, but humans are dumb, irrational, and illogical all the time.

Just a side note: Think of a spoiled rich girl over a poor family with nothing. The spoil rich girl is given all the love, affection, and proper up bringing money can buy but she still treats her parents like shit because she's spoiled. Now the poor family struggles just to keep food on the table. Both parents work all the time and the kid does all the chores in the house, sets up dinner, cleans, etc. She respects her parents immensely for everything they do just to keep food on the table. That's the whole point of my argument between you and up bringing. Regardless, in the anime, she lives a average lifestyle therefore lives like the average teenager. They focus more on themselves then they do others because that's just how they are when you are just given everything. You only truly mature when you have to go out and WORK for it which was one of the central themes of the series anyways.

TL;DR - You too :D
senopuiDec 30, 2012 8:42 AM
Jan 3, 2013 4:27 PM

Aug 2012
Favorite episode so far! So happy Wakana started to sing!
Mar 3, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
great father, this episode made me raise my score from a 6 to a 7
Jul 6, 2013 6:15 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
lol at Konatsu acting a suspicious at Wakana's fathers cafe. I like Konatsu so far, she's pretty, cute, and also like a mini version of Tsumugi/Yui combined.

Glad to know Wakana was finally able to accept her mother's decision on why she didn't tell her about her illness. I would have done the same thing. I mean the last thing I want is to have someone worry about me during an important period like college entrance exams. I knew the father wouldn't throw away the piano because I felt like there was more history to it than just memories of Wakana/Mother.

lol at Konatsu again: "I hope no one notices I'm not wearing a bra" Oh Konatsu ^^

Dec 31, 2013 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
really nice two eps about Wakana

shed several tears
Apr 9, 2014 2:41 AM

Jan 2014
Was looking to finish this series by tonight, but watching Wakana and her dad have talk about the past, I may have to call it a night and let the emotions sink in before I can progress any further. Emotionally powerful episode, and it was a fantastic character development for Wakana

Jun 26, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
best episode so far ^^
Aug 3, 2014 1:27 PM
Aug 2013
what the, what was that?I honestly have no idea why I'm being defensive like this woman! what are YOU doing, that is a newborn baby, you are supposed to breastfeed her. what?? They're going to risk showing a part of the breast??, she can't breastfeed because she has a visitor even though it's her own home??, there are so many ways (how you'll draw it or this cloth moms use in public to cover themselves), where you can hide that part you know...
Yes, I'm relaxed now.

Well thank goodness Wakana got back on her feet, she was honestly starting to be whiny at some point. Her mom's right, why would you want to leave a song about goodbyes. didn't think of that
Aug 30, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode but goddamn did Wakana fuck up.
Mar 9, 2015 11:31 AM

Jun 2013
Such a great episode! :)
Jun 13, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2013
Wakana walking in on Tai and Wien's vocal exercise was funny as shit.
Sep 19, 2015 10:28 AM

May 2012
Lovely episode and especially ending! QUite like the bit of drama in this series!
Nov 26, 2015 9:14 PM

Feb 2013
Of course dad's going to run home to his little girl. She's all he has left.

It would seem Wakana's mother passed away not too long ago, at least the way the story was told. Is that why she's in the make-up classes?
Oct 15, 2017 3:44 AM

Jan 2017
Awwwww this episode it's a heart melter. So beautiful, so sad, so hopeful.

Loved it. Mom was the best.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 10, 2017 2:20 PM
Apr 2014
So predictable. As if he would throw away all that stuff that reminds them of his love because his daughter decided on a whim that she doesn't want it anymore. Especially because it was painfully obvious why she did that now and not earlier. I was just surprised he took so long to reveal it :P

Still that was way too sad :< I feel really sorry for Wakana's father. Well, even a little bit for her but just because she seems to understand how shitty she behaved. They lost a wonderful person.
May 11, 2018 7:11 PM

Jul 2017
man I really couldnt feel bad for her at all, if anything when she was like if I knew my mom had an illness I would of been nicer to her and shit made me more mad at her for being such a bitch to her mom.
Sep 25, 2018 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
I really like where this is going now. Those heartbreaking reminders of the past are now becoming fond memories that are paving the way toward healing. The ED was spectacular this time around and if that's Wakana's song, it's entirely fitting of the warmth she shared with her mother.
Dec 1, 2019 12:08 PM

Feb 2008
Honestly, this would make a pretty good last episode.

I'm glad he knew not to get rid of the piano.
Apr 17, 2020 7:54 PM

Feb 2018
Sad Wakana, really. Why her mother must die.
Sep 3, 2022 10:58 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Beautiful episode.
Wakana came to terms with what happened with her mom and even her dad pitched in, whom for most of the eps been treating her somewhat weird. I definitely didn't expect it to be this kind of anime. I'm glad one by one, they're learning to enjoy music.
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

May 2013
Pretty boring so far, didn't feel emotion even in this, it's cliché and doesn't build up much enough

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

270 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

125 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

115 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.