MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

One Piece Episode 199 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» One Piece »» One Piece Episode 199 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: One Piece Episode 199 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

18 64.29%
4 out of 5: Liked it

9 32.14%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 3.57%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 28

10-09-08, 2:15 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
we finally get to see what Usopp and Robin have been doing all this time. I really hate Usopp. He's always so noisy, rash, impatient, stupid, and annoying. Its obvious he's only there for comic relief. They should keep him as that. Watching him try to take initiative or fight an actual battle is always disappointing because we already know the outcome: he'll find some "crazy" way of beating or winning the battle. And dont get me started on that goddamn face of his...

...its a shame Robin is stuck with this loser. At least he's finally caught. God sometimes i put the mute on when his stupid monkey lips keep flapping for so long.

At least with Luffy, its a pain to see him do his comedy bits but at the very least, they're laugh out loud situations.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it -- Voltaire

01-22-09, 6:01 AM

the most awesome thing about ussop is his attacks like ussop noise lol but still enjoyable episode.

10-30-09, 10:07 PM

darth_lex said:
the most awesome thing about ussop is his attacks like ussop noise lol but still enjoyable episode.
Also Usopp Spell,Usopp rubber band

Cool episode,
...so game begins now.

01-04-10, 6:22 AM

Yeah Usopp is pretty annoying..

But that commander is pretty smart.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

01-11-10, 8:03 PM

Ranivus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
we finally get to see what Usopp and Robin have been doing all this time. I really hate Usopp. He's always so noisy, rash, impatient, stupid, and annoying. Its obvious he's only there for comic relief. They should keep him as that. Watching him try to take initiative or fight an actual battle is always disappointing because we already know the outcome: he'll find some "crazy" way of beating or winning the battle. And dont get me started on that goddamn face of his...

...its a shame Robin is stuck with this loser. At least he's finally caught. God sometimes i put the mute on when his stupid monkey lips keep flapping for so long.

At least with Luffy, its a pain to see him do his comedy bits but at the very least, they're laugh out loud situations.

Whats annoying is the ppl that hate Usopp,whats wrong with a guy being noisy, almost the whole crew is like that, and Usopp is definitely not a stupid guy, in fact he saved the crew in many occasions thx to his quick thinking, a coward he may be but he will stay true to his friends.Biased against ugly ppl ehh, sad fact there are ppl like this, thats why they need to hear about the story of the ugly duckling.And can you actually blame a guy who is totally weak to find another way to protect himself other den lying?

TechDragon said:
darth_lex said:
Also Usopp Spell,Usopp rubber band

Cool episode,
...so game begins now.

Usopp 5-ton Hammer!

Awesome Sig by Lailide

05-23-10, 7:35 PM

HAHA great episode. Finally some Usopp and Robin.

5/5

12-18-10, 5:24 PM

usopp is brilliant for me.. stop with the negativity :-P

03-30-11, 9:03 PM

You know, I've always found Usopp to be an interesting character. He's a coward, and he knows it, and yet he still comes through in the clutch. Anybody who says he is merely comedy relief obviously hasn't been paying attention throughout the show.
"That I do not understand my own mind upsets me more than I can describe" - Meruem, The Chimera Ant King.

03-30-11, 9:47 PM

insan3soldiern said:
You know, I've always found Usopp to be an interesting character. He's a coward, and he knows it, and yet he still comes through in the clutch. Anybody who says he is merely comedy relief obviously hasn't been paying attention throughout the show.

Well said
It is absolutely a sin to be an anime fan and not at least experience "Akira" once in your life time.

06-03-11, 1:18 PM

I agree with the usopp haters. He's pretty annoying no matter how you look at it...
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

07-04-11, 4:35 AM

insan3soldiern said:

You took the words right out of my mouth

03-04-12, 10:47 AM

Ranivus said:
Watching him try to take initiative or fight an actual battle is always disappointing because we already know the outcome: he'll find some "crazy" way of beating or winning the battle.

so he's just like every other straw hat then? Ussop is a great character and is clearly more than comedy relief, pay more attention pal.

Anyway I thought Robin looked cool in those shades haha
Check out my Seasonal rankings and my Blog where I Rank the series airing in summer 2012 and just talk about the series in general.

04-06-12, 11:33 AM

FUCK THE OP
USOPP IS THE BEST HES A NORMAL HUMAN BEING YET TRIES HIS BEST TO BE ON PAR WITH THESE MONSTROUS PEOPLE WITH CRAZY POWERS
HIM AND NAMI ARE THE MOST RELATABLE CHARACTERS BECAUSE THEY USE THEIR IT AND BRAINPOWER TO WIN A BATTLE
SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOME CLICHE OVERPOWERED BATTLES FUCK OFF AND WATCH DRAGONBALLZ OR SOME SHIT LIKE THAT BITCH

07-27-12, 9:01 AM

LOL the OP is a troll. I pity him.

09-23-12, 7:21 AM

the commander is pretty chil to just let them go like that..

I Believe In hate at First sight. [Imagination, Bliss with No Cost.]

10-28-12, 4:36 PM

insan3soldiern said:

Oh, this. Also the main objective of this character is to become a brave fighter, of course he has to start being a coward. But apart from this there are several points, like his -very rooted- concept of nakama and his loyalty to Going Merry that I can see as points of very interesting character development in the future. Not to mention his engineering and ballistics abilities. The OP just went too troll for poor Usopp xD

Great episode and awesome ending.
Do you like movies? Are you interested on commenting and discussing them? Check The Cinema Club for some film-related talk.

11-09-12, 8:24 PM

this is getting really good and suspenseful. really good filler. Probably the best filler i've seen in a shounen so far. Usopp had me crying from laughter this episode. that was one probably one of his funniest scenes yet, lol.

12-31-12, 4:51 PM

god this filler arc is way good... even through all the comedy, we've still got some good intense scenes and i actually kind of like the antagonist in this one. he plays safe and smart. excited to see what will become of them and how luffy will get out of this one.

11-13-13, 1:47 AM

Sheesh, not much love for Usopp in this post is there? But I get the feeling we may have some trolls lurking...

I really enjoy Usopp's character. As other people have said, he's relatable and different. A crew full of strong pirates with no room for character development is boring. Like Nami and Chopper, too, it'll be very interesting to see how his character changes over the course of the series.

And Usopp may be obvious when it comes to his foolish traits and the fact he always seems to come out smelling of roses in the end, but its true for the stronger characters, too. They often end up humbled by their own weaknesses and their character development is far more subtle. There's nothing wrong character development sticking out as plain as the nose on Usopp's face!

02-20-14, 7:00 PM

Ranivus said:

Eh, really? I find Luffy a lot more annoying than Usopp and his outrageous situations make me sigh rather than lol.
And all the traits you described Usopp fits Luffy as well so I don't get where your hatred's coming from.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices