Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 25, 2012 12:30 AM
Jun 2012
Nice episode, even though Haru become Sh** again...
Still, i hope that nomi died by a car accident :p
Sorry For my Bad English lol

Jul 25, 2012 12:31 AM
Jun 2012
kelpso said:
I have no idea why, but I want more Kuroyukihime.

Lol me too
Sorry For my Bad English lol

Jul 25, 2012 11:39 AM
Nov 2010
Haha, it's nice to see Ash again. The new character, Laker girl looks interesting.
Haru lost some respect he had this episode. Nomi is an idiot.
Nomi's character in Accelerated World is overpowered. :D
Jul 25, 2012 12:20 PM
Mar 2012
Tomislavr7 said:
Haha, it's nice to see Ash again. The new character, Laker girl looks interesting.
Haru lost some respect he had this episode. Nomi is an idiot.
Nomi's character in Accelerated World is overpowered. :D

what respect?
Jul 25, 2012 5:44 PM

Oct 2007
Not liking this bully arc that much but Sky Laker is interesting and damn she got her own BGM which is really great.

Oh well it is time for the main character to train some more with a new master, I guess.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 25, 2012 5:46 PM

Jun 2009
That's quite funny to be honest. Fucking Ash Roller man, the hero Accel World deserves and what it needs.
Jul 25, 2012 11:41 PM

Nov 2007
Ash Roller is a freaking bro. highlight of the episode was him being awesome.

wait I lied. the best thing was TAKU PUNCHING PORKY IN THE FACE. Seriously that was great. he was being a complete dick to Taku for no reason. The guy had no idea what was going on, and instead of telling him he just acts like a dick for no reason.

seriously Porky the freaking pig is the worst main character ever. man up fat boy.
Jul 25, 2012 11:43 PM

Nov 2007
Uchihafan25 said:
Man why does Haru have to be such a bitch all of the time?! I mean yeah, having your signature move and characteristics stolen from you does indeed suck, but you're not supposed to give up all hope! Your supposed to rise above adversity and never give up and all of that other good shonen stuff! Did the Shinigami captains in Bleach give up when the Quincey stole their Bankai?! NO! And look what happened to them! Well, Byakuya got scared and was then significantly pwned..........BUT STILL! ARGH! Stop pissing me off Haru!

Hopefully Sky Raker will be able to snap him out of his funk next week. And Ash has gained some serious likeage points in my book this episode. He's one cool dude! lol.

why the hell are you giving Bleach manga spoilers in a Accel World thread? thanks for ruining Bleach. seriously.
Jul 26, 2012 11:33 AM
May 2012
How did Ash roller survived the battle? Did we saw that he gets defeated during episode 2?
Jul 26, 2012 12:53 PM

Jul 2008
JeffreyZin said:
How did Ash roller survived the battle? Did we saw that he gets defeated during episode 2?

Are you for real...
Yeah he lost, he lost a few points but he never went bankrupt.
Jul 26, 2012 11:05 PM

Dec 2007
rodac said:
If Haru was able to overcome his inferiority complex as easily as some people want him to, then it wouldn't have been much of a problem in the first place. Right now he is missing his most important psychological support (who is off in Okinawa) so he's a little vulnerable. Let's not forget that Noumi is seriously twisted and evil as well, he's not only threatening Haru in the game, he is also blackmailing him irl as well as putting Chiyu through hell. One of the difficulties that victims of bullying face (and one of the reasons that they are victims in the first place) is that they can't tell anyone in authority--or that people in authority don't believe them. What I expect to see in the next couple of episodes is that Haru will receive a pep talk and some therapy from Ash and Sky Laker (who looks like she may have had her own obstacles to overcome).

As to complaints about how Noumi got an ability that persists after a battle, I think we have to accept that this game is a little buggy--witness the Calamity Armour that seems to twisting Haru's thinking (as Zhou suggested above). Of course on the other hand maybe this is a feature, not a bug, and Burstlink is as twisted a social experiment as SOA.

QFT - You worded it better than I did. And ya, you can't really shake off the shadows of bullying that easily as well. It takes awhile and heals quicker with understanding friends. Just takes time.
Jul 27, 2012 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
Man o man i am pissed that haru lost his wings, that kid is such a dick ><
Jul 27, 2012 7:49 AM

Jul 2011
Gigarit said:

On the contrary, I'm happy Haru lost his wings. He's such a little bitch.
Jul 27, 2012 9:05 PM

Apr 2008
As much as I truly loathe Noumi I'd rather see him as the lead then Porky-yuki. At least that slimeball can believe in himself for longer than five seconds. There is seriously nothing about Porky that warrants the attention he gets. They are really challenging the limits of nerd fulfillment here.

I'm not even going to touch the subject of why someone would accelerate to sit in a wheelchair.
Jul 27, 2012 10:45 PM

Jun 2012
Rawr! Flipping tables here. One punch away from winning and he decides to get flashy, tsk tsk.
Jul 28, 2012 1:12 AM

Sep 2007
Deary they sure pumped the bloody melodrama up to 11 for this episode. At least I only wanted to punch myself in the head 5 times during it.
Jul 28, 2012 8:34 AM
Mar 2012
Haru's reactions were understandable, but nearly unwatchable. Hime tried very hard already to tell him his confidence should not depend on just his performance in AW (see calamity episode). His serious regression is what's annoying, like he learned nothing from his friends.

Naomi is competing as one of the best villains. Even the Joker wouldn't set 10 traps for Haru like last ep.

Ash Roller personality's great, just what Haru needed. Reminds me of Naruto's Killer B rapping. "Shiat, Kaze! Shiatt!"

The char intro to Sky Raker was very well setup. Ash's nice reference to greek mythology "Icarus". A flying type similar to Haru? Notice the epic switch from rock-music Ash style to LOTR Shire peaceful bgm of ms. wheelchair. Sounds like an important char for the whole arc.
Icarus: http://www.mythweb.com/encyc/entries/icarus.html

She sounds familiar. Turns out the VA Aya Endo also voiced Arisa Kuhouin of GC and Sheryl Nome of Macross.
gophercgJul 28, 2012 8:38 AM
Jul 28, 2012 6:56 PM

Aug 2011
Noumi's ability is pretty scary since it's permanent.

Mega long time no see Ash Roller! He's an entertaining guy with Crow, glad he's helping out this time. Sky Raker looks like one of those 'super powerful but now resides in countryside' type character, I'm expecting all sorts of awesome from her.
Jul 28, 2012 7:32 PM

May 2012
I just read a 4-koma where Seiji got Haru's head-butt ability instead of the flight ability. That would be hilarious. :D
Jul 29, 2012 11:08 PM
May 2012
Gigarit said:

Well, he shouldn't blame someone because of this despite Nomi's humiliation...

Insidious said:
On the contrary, I'm happy Haru lost his wings. He's such a little bitch.

I disagreed! I mean I'm not gonna rest till I find out what's gonna happen next like Takumu avenged for Haruyuki's loss! Talk about mood killer! *sarcasm*
JafriZinJul 29, 2012 11:59 PM
Aug 13, 2012 3:28 PM

Dec 2009
"Shit, Kaze, Shit!"

Thank you.
Sep 6, 2012 12:09 AM

Apr 2009
And so our hero's Heroic BSOD began. I thought Taku did the right thing by punching Haru once, so he could snap out of his agitated self that can't think straight. Of course, he can't help them if he doesn't know anything.

Ash Roller is a member of the Green Legion? It's kind of unexpected for the gruff Ash Roller's guardian to be such a gentle looking avatar living in a seemingly serene house. Of course, looks can be deceiving, and it's unexpected for Silver Crow to be receiving help from Ash Roller himself.

Much of the episode I found a bit unbearable to watch, but it's proof that it's effective at getting certain emotions from the viewer. And it wasn't all gloom and doom after Ash Roller showed up. I see hope in that meeting with Sky Laker/Raker.
Sep 6, 2012 3:03 AM

May 2008
"Shit, kaze shit!"

Made my day :D I have some newfound respect for Ash Roller xD
Sep 24, 2012 12:54 AM

Sep 2011
Thank you Taku for punching mister ball for me.
Oct 10, 2012 11:31 AM

Jan 2010
...beautiful character at the end ^_______^
Oct 14, 2012 6:52 PM
May 2011
The first half was kind of sad to watch, but then second half was amazing!

LOLOLOLOL. So unexpected. That he would get a life lesson from Ash Roller of all people. Hilarious.
Oct 15, 2012 1:24 AM

Jul 2011
Man, Noumi, fucking rage inducing. Don't know if it's the coffee high and being tired at night, but I was sitting here grinding my teeth in anger just listening to him speak.

"SHIT! KAZE SHIT!" Fucking hilarious. I think Ash just became my favorite burst linker.

And wait a second, wasn't there like a huge thing about needing to use the neuro link since birth and neurolinks only being available for fifteen years(plus the year time skip)? Doesn't that mean everyone is at most 16 years old? So yeah, it's kids fighting and trying to act like adults.
TheLocalHentaiOct 15, 2012 1:42 AM
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Nov 19, 2012 6:52 PM

May 2012
The fuck?! At The beginning of this episode, MC is SO PATHETIC making me wanna stop halfway from watching this anime.

P.S - Not to mention, MC is the ugliest person in the anime. I mean look, do you see any other fat character other than MC? And, the MC personality is just so pathetic.

Edit: Sorry, the MC piss me off so much.
CresandoNov 19, 2012 6:57 PM
Nov 24, 2012 1:05 AM

Jan 2012
Never thought I'd see an emo Cartman aninated by the Jap.

shit is as bad as this garbage anime

Guilty Crown may have a contender for the biggest troll anime of all time

let's see what happens..
Nov 29, 2012 5:13 PM

Oct 2008
So how can someone so old that they retired and are in a wheelchair exist and why would they have a place that looks like they live in it setup up in Accel World? None of this makes sense, it's convenient for Silver Crow's sake but in no way logical.

If they explain it later let me know.

Because how old can Sky Raker be? I mean, she had to of been born pretty recently to have the neuro linker since birth yet she is somehow old enough for Skull face Mcgee to consider her a legend in her day like it was so long ago.

Also, why would someone stay in Accel World all the time if all they did was sit in a wheel chair by themselves? Is her real life that bad? I assume she stays in it all the time because what are the odds of her being there without any warning that Haru and skull face were coming? Either that or it was very convenient timing.

- As for Haru, he's being illogical but he's a weak person, emotionally and physically. You can't expect such drastic changes in someone so easily. He was only starting to grow out of it because of his support from his new friends, key word "starting". They could easily just let Noumi out himself with the cameras since it's their word against his and I'm sure if it got really serious we could dust for prints on those cameras and bags. Sure Haru lost his wings but his real life situation doesn't have to suffer. The anime is just causing drama to make things more emotional and to create a more fulfilling climax, albeit a stupid one.
PANDEMlCNov 29, 2012 5:27 PM
Nov 30, 2012 2:33 AM

Jun 2010
If you don't mind being spoiled, here it is:

Haru has been used to physical bullying, but with some degree of psychological torture as well. But Noumi is such a master manipulator that all the crap Haru had to put up from Araya was NOTHING compared to the shit Noumi pulled off on him and his friends.
ninjaluc79Nov 30, 2012 2:47 AM
Jan 23, 2013 4:18 AM

Jun 2012
Oh look, Chiyu and Taku broke up. Wait, what? When? Shouldn't that have gotten some sort of screen time? Silly LN adaptations.
Feb 8, 2013 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
That mofo stole his wings. Die you b****
Feb 20, 2013 10:52 AM

May 2012
He lost his wings, he had a fight with his best friend and he got almost defeated while challenging Ash! Well that ending was rather thing I do wonder who Sky Raker actually is and what she'll do! Lets find out next!

That top of that mountain was rather nice!
Apr 6, 2013 3:25 AM

Dec 2012
Best moment of the episode : Haru getting a punch to the face
Wish not every enemy turns out to be some cocky bastard though, it's really annoying
Jun 7, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2009
*epicfacepalm
This induced more rage in me than NTR

At least Ash saved the ep from being a total shit

Good guy ash, and lol at shibuya joke
Jul 5, 2013 7:49 PM

May 2013
For once Haru's wimpyness in the first half of the episode annoyed me this episode, but it doesn't matter because I'm still enjoying the series and will definitely finish it off.

Surprised to see Ash Roller making a reappearance, turns out he's a pretty cool character after all :O
Jul 26, 2013 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
Jesus how many times does Haru have to cry before I drop this series.
Trying so hard to finish it...but I hate wimpy characters ugh. Where is the character development sob.

I know Accel World is trying to show that the 'underdog' can win (or whatever sorry bad example), but my god, Haru is a chubby midget. The makers/producers are almost making fun of underdogs. Couldn't they make him normal size, but still chubby? Like the scenes with Kuroyukihime make me cringe so much. BECAUSE SHE'S LIKE DOUBLE HIS HEIGHT AND SIZE. AHHHH

Okay anyways I love Ash, cool dude.
Jul 31, 2013 2:58 PM
May 2013
sirhcnil said:

This induced more rage in me than NTR

At least Ash saved the ep from being a total shit

I totally agree.

Since Crow lost his ability to fly he should be called Silver Chicken instead of Silver Crow.
Nov 8, 2013 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
That weak as piece of crap of a kid is really pissing me off. It's just a dog act to steal other people's abilities. He also threatens a girl and on top of that has a bowl cut? My blood is boiling.

But I was so happy to see Ash! He's been my favorite character from the start! His flipping off is just too kickass. And we get to see that he's nice and an awesome friend? Safe to say that the second half of the ep was perfect (other than Haru's crying).
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 28, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
These 2 new cute lolis in the opening...can't wait to see them :D
Noumi stole Haru's wings?WOW basically his "ultimate" allows him to steal any skill from his opponent.
At least the "Ghost Rider" xD helped him.That new girl on the wheelchair looks creppy!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 6, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2013
I have a feeling that Sky Raker has spent a lot of time in Accel World since she even has a house there and is rather unreachable which makes it a safe place to spend an eternity
May 29, 2014 3:15 PM
Mar 2013
Haru was worse than pathetic, he was utterly disgusting this episode. What shit was he spouting off to Taku.
Ash is awesome.

Nouma... The game creators are utter douchebags. Who the hell creates an ability which utterly ruins every other player's experience and effort.

Very apparent to me now why so many people hate this show.
Sep 29, 2014 2:40 PM
Sep 2014
Kerozinn said:
the anime is pissing me off slowly. its getting worse every episode. what a shame cause it looked alrite first.
yeah am getting really pissed off! Haru has to be the worst main character I've ever seen. How the fuck did he manage to lose that fight and if he actually had a brain he would of recorded the conversation in the forest and got the little faggot kid expelled!! Apart from Haru the show is really good.. what a shame :/
Nov 20, 2014 4:21 PM

Jun 2014
Haru was flying upwards while dragging the tentacles, if Noumi cuts them, shouldn't he fly more up, not downwards to the ground? LOL Noumi stole his wongs, we need more antagonists that stomp on protagonists.

Jan 30, 2015 11:19 PM

Aug 2013
Literally had to stop this episode 8 minutes in to rant about how big of a fucking bitch Haru is.

Aww boohoo I lost my wings, I'm nothing without my wings wahh wahh. Like, motherfucker, you were ONE HIT from ending the goddamn fight. Who cares if he took your wings? If he did, then beat his ass like the touch guy you pretend to be.

Then he just sits crying there on the ground. Like after 15 episodes, you'd think he should be a bit less of a pussy, but he's like the butthurt 12 year old kid who lost a round in Call of Duty.
Jan 31, 2015 4:02 AM
Sep 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Literally had to stop this episode 8 minutes in to rant about how big of a fucking bitch Haru is.

Aww boohoo I lost my wings, I'm nothing without my wings wahh wahh. Like, motherfucker, you were ONE HIT from ending the goddamn fight. Who cares if he took your wings? If he did, then beat his ass like the touch guy you pretend to be.

Then he just sits crying there on the ground. Like after 15 episodes, you'd think he should be a bit less of a pussy, but he's like the butthurt 12 year old kid who lost a round in Call of Duty.

obviously you don't understand the importance of his wings
Feb 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2014
Man, our MC is really pathetic. Lowest of the low as Noumi said. Good guy Ash Roller saves the day, though.

Demonic Commandeer is quite OP ability, lol.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Jun 24, 2015 11:05 AM
Apr 2008
What I'm finding frustrating in this series is how the MC seems to be forgetting everything he's learned. It feels like he gives up in every arc only to be rescued by somebody and then kicks some but. Other than that I really do like this show.
Aug 5, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2014
Seiji's a dick for sure. He gets what he deserves later on. All of you who hate him, will absolutely love ep.24.

Also, advice for haruyuki
'You wonder what Seiji's ability is?'
'His name is Dusk Taker. Goddamit ITS 'TAKER' U THINK HE WHAT HE DOES 'HE TAKES'.
HE TAKES WHAT? YOUR BALLS, NO THE ONLY SUBSTANTIAL THING IN YOUR LIFE, YOUR WINGS. DAMMIT.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2012

185 by TuanDai »»
Jan 2, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

426 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Nov 5, 2023 12:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.