Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2008 6:16 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
New Chapter is out!

I can't believe ren is really dead. I mean, we all knew it was coming, but just having it confirmed is so sad. I really don't look forward to seeing how Nana will react to this. I'm assuming thats what brings her over the edge and makes her go to london/etc.

Does anyone else feel like this manga is slowly, but surely, coming to an end?
Sep 30, 2008 9:06 PM
Apr 2008
God Damnit, I knew it was coming... but I was also fooled into thinking he was alive for a second when they just said he was "arrested". ;____________; is all I can say.
Sep 30, 2008 9:19 PM
Jul 2018
katsup said:
[

Yes, and I'll be more sad to see it go than any other manga I've ever read.

I feel so sad for all the people grieving over him, especially Hachi. Sigh* As if it wasn't bad enough to see the one she loves so upset over her competition. Sometimes, I ponder how much Takumi loves Reira.
Next chapter with Nana is going to be heartbreaking.
Oct 1, 2008 1:06 AM

Apr 2007
nooooooo, he can't be dead! ;_____;

I won't accept this.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 1, 2008 1:19 AM

Jun 2007
Why?!!!!?
I didn't think Ren would actually be killed off, but I thought wrong. T ^ T
Oct 1, 2008 1:26 AM

Jul 2008
I can't believe it either. I agree. Next chapter will definitely be heart wrenching. I got goosebumps when I think about how Nobu heard someone playing guitar. It could have been Ren's spirit saying goodbye or something. My heart gets caught in my throat once I see all the characters teary-eyed. (except yasu of course) but I think its much more painful for him. And again he must become the pillar of strength for Nana and the rest. Sigh. But it makes sense. Now I know why the little boy was named after Ren.

Oct 1, 2008 2:39 AM

Jun 2007
i was expecting Ren to die but this was extremly sad :S
gah i almost cried whilst reading
Oct 1, 2008 5:13 AM
Apr 2008
This is a really sad one. But finally everything on its places for the future that Aizawa drew before.
Oct 1, 2008 5:20 AM

Sep 2007
T_T Ren...one of my favorite characters is gone and now my other favorite character will have a massive breakdown ;_;
Oct 1, 2008 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
I was expecting this from the beginning, but ... oow, i cried a lot ;_;'

rackoy said:
I got goosebumps when I think about how Nobu heard someone playing guitar. It could have been Ren's spirit saying goodbye or something.

yeah, i think Nobu heard Ren's guitar ... omg, that's so sad! :/
Oct 1, 2008 12:49 PM

May 2007
omg this chapter was so sad......especially the moment everything was confirmed when takumi said "ren's dead" and everyone was crying.......*sniff*sniff* T__T
Oct 1, 2008 2:38 PM

May 2007
I can't believe this is actually hapenning... REN! ;____;'
Definitely the saddest chapter in NANA yet. Oh god I don't wanna know what's gonna happen to Nana when Yasu breaks the news to her... ;____;

Takumi holding Hachi tightly was very touching though.

Oct 1, 2008 4:07 PM
May 2008
noooooooooooooooooo!
it’s so sad… even if we saw this coming… still! I can’t believe it’s true. No!

Possible spoiler?
But we see how this affects later events like the baby name and Nana’s breakdown/leave…

There’s no way this will end happily now…
Oct 1, 2008 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, oh, and, we all know Yasu is definitely going to be there for Nana because he loves her (he still does, right? Well, I still believe he does), so Miu may get jealous and see how much Yasu loves her and they break up.
Oct 1, 2008 5:13 PM

Sep 2007
If NANA ends up getting a second season after the manga is done, I don't know if I even want to see it anymore - I know I'll just end up bawling my eyes out ;_;
Oct 1, 2008 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
Iriya said:
If NANA ends up getting a second season after the manga is done, I don't know if I even want to see it anymore - I know I'll just end up bawling my eyes out ;_;

We all know we would because we love NANA that much. ;]
Oct 1, 2008 6:12 PM

Jan 2008
DX re-reading your thoughts makes me want to cry... uwa... D= at least he didn't die of an overdose (i hope it wasn't what caused it) but.... gah... i'm sad to think that he's gone... here i was all "OMG! NEW NANA!" and my heart is currently gone off crying... ren.... ;_____________________;
Oct 2, 2008 9:54 AM

Mar 2008
Oh God, Nobu's guitar-hearing. I can't quite believe it.
Oct 2, 2008 1:40 PM

Oct 2007
And next chapter will be even more heartwrenching?! And I already cried reading this one. ): It was so sad...
Oct 3, 2008 12:27 AM

May 2008
T-T omg...i have to be honest...i cried while i read the chapter...

why Ren!? (i blame Reira and the reporters...&$^%$% Reira!)
God Nana is gonna break apart after this...she is already an emotional wreck... i can't imagine the jump from this to her running away from everybody and going to London. heartbreak heartbreak heartbreak T-T

Hachi's life isn't going well either! Her husband is a friggin cheat and can't get over stupid !^$%*& Reira...She already had to go through so much crap (and, yes, she created many of her problems...but hey, i think she grew as a character)...now her best friend's husband (who she was also getting really close to) dies...ooohhhh Hachi---nothing good happens to you.
Oct 4, 2008 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
I knew he was going to die, but I had no idea it would be this soon after we all figured it out. And I can't believe it's going to end soon, but I definitely think it is! I wonder what will happen now, will the manga continue going back and forth between present and future or will we just jump to the future soon?
Oct 4, 2008 11:26 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa she really did it. She really killed the main character. I guess I knew he was dead ever since Nobu heard guitar... but I was still hoping that he'll be in coma or something. I suppose Nana will run away after she hears the news, and then probably time skip to present. Though, I still don't get where second kid birth and whatever happened between Takumi and Hachi that she considered leaving him are supposed to fit.

Those reporters are really freaking morons. OMG, someone's maybe gonna blame us... lets run away and let a person die. If they called for help earlier Ren may have stayed alive.

And bitch Reira, I hope she finds out in the news or something, and I hope Hachi will kill her in a catfight. Or at least just slap her or something. She deserves it, but guys certainly won't do it, and Nana will be too heartbroken to think about the bitch. So, that leaves Hachi, and hopefully kitchen knife.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2008 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
Reira should have died instead of Ren. >__<
Oct 4, 2008 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
sanjica said:
And bitch Reira, I hope she finds out in the news or something, and I hope Hachi will kill her in a catfight. Or at least just slap her or something. She deserves it, but guys certainly won't do it, and Nana will be too heartbroken to think about the bitch. So, that leaves Hachi, and hopefully kitchen knife.

It would be more awesome if Takumi came to his senses, forget about the bitch, and SUPER bitch slap her. Fucking slut.

Kizuna said:

YES. I'm sure everyone can agree to this.
Oct 5, 2008 2:31 AM

Apr 2008
OMG! I can't believe she actually killed him off..I predicted it awhile back..even before the time skip but still whhyyy I was hoping I was wrong. T__T;; I wonder why he mistook Nana for a cat? symbolism? Also, those reporters are complete idiots. You can get charged for not reporting an accident also. How cruel.
R.I.P. REN. <3
Oct 5, 2008 6:02 AM
Jun 2008
katsup said:

I don't believe it will end enytime soon. There are too many unsolved things; there are problems even in the future. What will happen whn Nana is finally found? What about Hachi's and Takumis marriage (God if it isn't resolved somehow someone will die)? These are all problems that we've just gotten a glimpse of, and they are still looming over the manga.

Also; Princess Diana flassbacks, anyone?
Oct 5, 2008 4:43 PM

Oct 2007
I was reading this at my job and I couldn't cry because everyone would have been like WTF? what's wrong ?xD
But I read it again and i'm crying now
Wahh... everyone here was saying: Ren's going to die
But I didn't believed it... I can't believe it.
I don't want to see how Nana reacts to this, it's gonna hurt so much.
Oct 5, 2008 5:21 PM

Mar 2008
sanjica said:
Whoa she really did it. She really killed the main character. I guess I knew he was dead ever since Nobu heard guitar... but I was still hoping that he'll be in coma or something. I suppose Nana will run away after she hears the news, and then probably time skip to present. Though, I still don't get where second kid birth and whatever happened between Takumi and Hachi that she considered leaving him are supposed to fit.

Those reporters are really freaking morons. OMG, someone's maybe gonna blame us... lets run away and let a person die. If they called for help earlier Ren may have stayed alive.

I agree!
I was hoping the whole time that maybe he's in critical condition and he's not dead but then Takumi said it and I'm like NOOO*cry*
Gah he's my fave!How can he die!!!
Stupid Reira, die bi*** die!
Though blah just my anger it was heartbreaking to see everyone cry: (
So depressing:'(
Oct 5, 2008 5:50 PM

Sep 2007
Ren died. TT~TT
It was necessary for the story to progress but.. it's just sad.
Just thinking about how Nana reacts to this is depressing. *heavy sigh*
I don't think that this manga is gonna end anytime soon. *crosses fingers*
I just hope that there comes a good event after this, it's getting really depressing here. @_@
Oct 5, 2008 6:11 PM

May 2007
I didn't want to believe it. I guess I was hoping that the car crash didn't necessarily mean that he was dead; I didn't truly believe it until Takumi started yelling at Yasu.

katsup said:

Yes...I have been feeling this way for the past couple of chapters, but I think this chapter is a good sign that it is about to end. Yazawa is wrapping everything up; now we know why Reira was reminiscing by the bench in London, why Takumi's second child was named Ren, and now we have a good reason for why Nana disappears.

The only thing left is to fill in the specifics. And somehow, she needs to find a way to tell us who Ren's (Takumi's child) mother is, which will probably involve another flash into the future. Although I'm thinking that we'll also need to find out if they find Nana in the future, too.

noirre said:
katsup said:

I don't believe it will end enytime soon. There are too many unsolved things; there are problems even in the future. What will happen whn Nana is finally found? What about Hachi's and Takumis marriage (God if it isn't resolved somehow someone will die)? These are all problems that we've just gotten a glimpse of, and they are still looming over the manga.

I think the manga is going to end with her wrapping up what's happening in the future (if you think about it, the main storyline is still back in 2001 or 2002, while the "future" storyline is actually present-day, so it would make sense for Yazawa to end the story in the future).

My prediction is that the story is going to flash-forward into the future; they are going to find Nana in London, Hachi will finally bring what is left of her relationship with Takumi to a close (since he is there in London, too), she might even possibly end up with Nobu (since WAY back when, the first time it gave us a glimpse of the future, you could see that they still had feelings for each other), and I think the story will end on a relatively happy note. But this is just my guess (or possibly what I want to happen XD ).
Oct 5, 2008 7:11 PM

May 2007
Kizuna said:

-Agrees-

Ren :(

"School is just a distraction from anime" - JOIN THE "I hate school" CLUB!
Oct 5, 2008 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
ScrumYummy said:
My prediction is that the story is going to flash-forward into the future; they are going to find Nana in London, Hachi will finally bring what is left of her relationship with Takumi to a close (since he is there in London, too), she might even possibly end up with Nobu (since WAY back when, the first time it gave us a glimpse of the future, you could see that they still had feelings for each other), and I think the story will end on a relatively happy note. But this is just my guess (or possibly what I want to happen XD ).

For me, this would be heartbreaking. HachiXTakumi is my favorite couple. I was one of the very few people who were actually upset upon seeing Hachi get together with Nobu and happy seeing her relationship with him end.
No one can say for sure whether this will end happily, unfortunately. However, I've believed from the start that this will have a sad ending.
Oct 7, 2008 3:18 PM

May 2008
I just can't believe what happened on the last translated chapter of Nana, but I can not have peace till I find the Japanese manga series somewhere on the web. Because in Japan the 19th volume is already published, but we are reading the thirteenth. This chapter with Ren's death that we've been reading this month, in Japan was published minimum three years ago.
If someone can find Japanese Nana, please tell us. I was watching the Japanese official Nana site and there were some scenes with Ren in the future volumes.
That gave me hope. But still the sadness is not leaving me. ;__;
I am listening
Starless night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDyuk23HQdg
and Kuroi namida http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86q9nvK-2-s
Oct 7, 2008 4:31 PM

Feb 2008
Bi said:
Because in Japan the 19th volume is already published, but we are reading the thirteenth.

Actually, this is 20th volume, and people in Japan have read it only few days before us, since raw + translation didn't take long at all this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2008 1:20 AM

Sep 2007
What a wonderful birthday present. Hey, your boyfriend's dead. He died in a car wreck going to go get Reira to bring her back.

Now everyone is gonna start falling apart. Undoubtedly people will start blaming themselves. Bad decisions will be made that will hurt others and surely themselves in the end.

It was really sad and I even shed a few tears. However, I can't help but feel excited for whats to come next. For a while now I've felt that the story was moving a little slow and all the dramatic happenings were somewhat lack luster. For me anyways. Maybe it was all the plot holes and questions that went unanswered for too long. Ren's death is really gonna kick everything into gear again. I can feel it. Things are beginning to fall into place.

Even though I know this is a tragedy that will effect some characters significantly more than others, most obviously Nana. I can't stop thinking about how this is going to effect Hachi and Takumi. Is that terrible?
Oct 8, 2008 7:55 PM
Sep 2007
On the last chapter discussion I actually commented that I thought Ren wouldn't die so soon, that he'd be in a coma or whatever. I had hopes while reading this chapter, but then Takumi said it out plain and simple. Ren's dead. I seriously wasn't ready for that, I wanted to bitchslap those idiots in the car and throw Reira out the window.

But the moment I saw Takumi grab a hold of Hachi's hand, I actually felt even more emotional, I thought that was beautiful. The beautiful moment was broken, though, when I saw everyone crying and Nana hoping to see Hachi and Ren... that was so heartbreaking. I was crying so hard here! I'm also feeling that the manga is coming to an end, everything is starting to make sense in the story. And I don't think the ending will be happy, cause that would be too different from what Nana is. It may not be depressive either, I just think it'll be a little nostalgic or something of the sort.
Oct 9, 2008 2:51 PM

May 2008
sanjica said:

Actually, this is 20th volume, and people in Japan have read it only few days before us, since raw + translation didn't take long at all this time.

I don't now where have you got your informations but, here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_(manga)#Manga you can see the list of the original and the volumes that are published in English with dates and averything. Even you can see the schedule. The next volume in english is going out on 4-th of November.
Also on the official web site http://www.s-nana.com/ click on Nana comics and you can check all the published volumes in Japan, one by one, and see where our story is right now.
Seems to me that we are little late.
Oct 9, 2008 6:46 PM
Sep 2007
Bi said:
sanjica said:

I don't now where have you got your informations but, here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_(manga)#Manga you can see the list of the original and the volumes that are published in English with dates and averything. Even you can see the schedule. The next volume in english is going out on 4-th of November.
Also on the official web site http://www.s-nana.com/ click on Nana comics and you can check all the published volumes in Japan, one by one, and see where our story is right now.
Seems to me that we are little late.

The official translated manga may still be in the beginning, but whoever read the 78th chapter is not reading the official English version, obviously. There are people who scan the Japanese manga and translate it so we don't have to wait months or a year to be updated. And not everyone here is from the USA, what if we were all reading the original in Japanese, and were just discussing in English? I don't understand what you're trying to get to. We wouldn't confuse the 20th or whatever chapter with the 78th.
Oct 9, 2008 7:12 PM
Oct 2008
OK people I'm new here but here is what i think
Nana is going to be a wreck when she hear about Ren.The relationship between Hachi and Takumi which is one of my favorite couple will be destroyed because of the Accident my guess is that Takumi will be suporting Reira and not Hachi and she already guess that something happen between those two. she will find out that they sleep together and that will also Destroy the relationship even more. Yasu and his girl won't break up because she is understanding. Nana might come back because on one of the flash they showed that the gang found some pict. and address so they might go and see her and bring her back. the future relationship between Hachi and Takumi here is what i think
Ren is takumi child. while this whole accident happen hachi will give birth to Sa-chan and sleep with takumi and have Ren before they actually break up. i one of the flashes Takumi was talking bout how he realize his mistake bout choosing work and never paying attention to his wife. and Hachi still have feelings for Takumi it clear. If Takumi really is committed to getting her back he will get her back. The story might have a happy ending after all.
love always,
D.G gurl
Oct 9, 2008 7:13 PM
Oct 2008
WHY IS EVERYONE BLAMING REIRA?????????
explain because I'm lost
love always,
D.G gurl
Oct 10, 2008 10:15 AM

May 2008
girliegirl625 said:

Ren is takumi child. while this whole accident happen hachi will give birth to Sa-chan and sleep with takumi and have Ren before they actually break up.

Yes, little Ren is Takumi and Hachi's child, and Satcuki's brother. I rather think twin brother. Hachi didn't wanted to know the sex of the baby, so the doctor didn't tell her that she will have twins.
Oct 10, 2008 11:19 AM

Sep 2007
Bi said:
girliegirl625 said:

Ren is takumi child. while this whole accident happen hachi will give birth to Sa-chan and sleep with takumi and have Ren before they actually break up.

Yes, little Ren is Takumi and Hachi's child, and Satcuki's brother. I rather think twin brother. Hachi didn't wanted to know the sex of the baby, so the doctor didn't tell her that she will have twins.

I've been thinking the same thing. Twins, they seem to be of the same age. Because she would have to get pregnant almost immediately after her birth to have the second child so near in age. I just don't see that happening at all. Not with the way their relationship is heading.
Oct 10, 2008 3:38 PM
Oct 2008
WHY IS EVERYONE BLAMING REIRA????????????
love always,
D.G gurl
Oct 10, 2008 4:28 PM

May 2008
girliegirl625 said:
WHY IS EVERYONE BLAMING REIRA????????????

Because Ren was headed to her mother's house to take her back. She ran away for his sake, you remember?

If he wasn't going for Reira he would be in Osaka with Nana and there wouldn't be paparazzi following him and waiting for his second meeting with Reira to take picture and make a story. Also, the heavy snow was only in their home town, where is more colder through the whole year, but in Osaka was only raining. If Reira hadn't escaped, nothing of this would have happened.
Oct 10, 2008 8:41 PM
Oct 2008
But she escaped for his sake so.... i don't entirely blame her. she is going to be the problem between Hachi and Takumi i'm sure that i blame her for.(if it true) i don't entirely blame her i blame their director 2
love always,
D.G gurl
Oct 11, 2008 2:57 PM
Oct 2008
what's more sad than Ren dying is the fact that he died alone in the snow, basically abandoned. just like how he was as a child ><
i guess that's the theme of how "human nature is to be lonely" at it's climax
poor Ren...i always wanted a happy ending for him and Nana, but i guess her pride and ambition got in the way whereas he was willing to throw away everything for her ;_;
facasdfk . this should be a lesson to all of us to treasure true love :3

such a sad chapter
Oct 11, 2008 9:25 PM
Sep 2007
karkarr said:
what's more sad than Ren dying is the fact that he died alone in the snow, basically abandoned. just like how he was as a child ><
i guess that's the theme of how "human nature is to be lonely" at it's climax
poor Ren...i always wanted a happy ending for him and Nana, but i guess her pride and ambition got in the way whereas he was willing to throw away everything for her ;_;
facasdfk . this should be a lesson to all of us to treasure true love :3

such a sad chapter

I couldn't agree more with everything you posted.
Oct 12, 2008 9:50 AM

May 2007
mommyslttlmnstr said:
Bi said:
girliegirl625 said:

I've been thinking the same thing. Twins, they seem to be of the same age. Because she would have to get pregnant almost immediately after her birth to have the second child so near in age. I just don't see that happening at all. Not with the way their relationship is heading.

You guys are forgetting that Takumi slept with Reira while Hachi was still pregnant. Ren could very well be Reira's son, which would explain why he was in England with Takumi and Reira.

*edit*

and it would also explain why he looks like Shin a little bit :> but that's getting into some weird theories.
Oct 12, 2008 6:30 PM
Nov 2007
The thought of Ren died make me cry too but then I wanted to go back to last chapters because sth doesn't make sense to me and read the future parts again, in the chapter 42(page 18) where the future parts began, Nobu asks if Ren will get there and Hachi says he wil be there before the fireworks and Yasu says "he always take his time, that guy" and with not sad reminiscencing face... and also when they get the news about where Nana is, England, when Yasu and Shin talking in the car about that Hachi thinks the man who put the informations in the mailbox is Ren, Shin takes it as a joke but Yasu say maybe so and Shin gets surprised (Chapter 66, page 20-21), I don't think Ren is dead I think Takumi exaggrate it too much or I don't know maybe Ren wants to use this opportunity to disguise himself and make an aggreement with the reporter who comes to save Ren( for the other two I hope God will curse them) or I don't know sth else... so everybody thinks he is dead and Haci gives her son the name Ren but after sometime he showed himself and etc

I am desperately trying to bring Ren back here, but I can't be wrong it doesn't make sense as it is now. In the parts that I mentioned I don't think that they actually refer to little Ren.

and for the upcoming chapters I think the present parts end when Ren disguises himself and disappears (of course in my opinion) and after hearing Ren is dead Nana escapes, Hachi gives birth to her children.. and the future parts will begin...

And also for the little Ren, he is Hachi and Takumi's and I think he is twin brother of Sa-Chan and absolutely not Reira's. because Reira also mentioned that she hates everything Takumi has but she couldn't hate little Ren because he looks like just like Ren.

And also I am one of the few supporters of Hachi - Takumi couple despite he is being a cheater he treats Hachi differently and treasures her...
TomoeOct 12, 2008 6:35 PM
Oct 12, 2008 6:59 PM

May 2007
Tomoe said:

And also I am one of the few supporters of Hachi - Takumi couple despite he is being a cheater he treats Hachi differently and treasures her...

Can you really treasure someone when you're sleeping with that many people? D:

I prefer Nana and Nobuo, they seem more natural.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Chapter 38 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 37 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 24, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 36 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 23, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 35 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 22, 10:38 AM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 34 Discussion

accela - Jun 11, 2008

3 by Safrichh »»
Apr 21, 1:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.