Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2008 2:34 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HAHAHAHAHA Alto choose the SKY !
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The freakin sky !
Also , turns out defeating the QUEEN was kinda...a bit too easy , oh well.
And Brera survived( yay ) ,the souichiro Armor stronger then ever .
Klan piloting Micheal's VF was...erm...isn't she not tall enough for that ? and when did they get the time to miclonize her ? oh well.

overall not a bad ending , the song medley was interesting too , can't wait for OST2.

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Sep 25, 2008 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
...gotta watch it!!!

He choose the sky?? What kinda ending is that?

wow...great episode...but it felt a little bit rushed... thank god for the info on the movie ;D

9.5/10 overall
KaminaKaiSep 25, 2008 3:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2008 3:48 PM

Mar 2007
haha well yeah , he didn't choose the sky per say....but he didn't choose either of the girls , therefore , the sky won xD.

Sep 25, 2008 3:50 PM

Mar 2008
I don't like Ranka slapping Sheryl... that is pure wrong

btw...did Ranka cured Sheryl's disease?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2008 3:53 PM

Mar 2007
well , It was necessary .
edit : erm i'm not sure what she did , seems like she transfered the bacteria from the brain to the womb...so i guess yeah Sheryl...is cured ? O_o

Sep 25, 2008 4:04 PM

Mar 2008
yeah definitely seem like she moved the bacteria eh?

but transfering it to the womb would really solve the problem?

*edit* Ranka must have enjoyed slapping Sheryl there... hate her for it LOL
KaminaKaiSep 25, 2008 4:17 PM
Sep 25, 2008 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
FINAL HOMMAGE!

First Shot at Ranka FROM THE HEROES NUNS!

KLAN ROCKS IN MICHAEL VF! GO KLAN GO AND KILL ALL VAJRAS!

SORRY MAN IF I KNEW YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH THIS TO CHANGE SO MUCH I WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT.

WHAT MONSTER! CRAZY!

I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES BUT HERE IT IS:

YOU KNOW IF I COULD I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE LIKE THIS AND NEVER VAJRAS ATTACKING US! HAPPY FAMILY!

ALL IN ALL GOOD EPISODE.......TOO PERFECT ENDING.....ALL VAJRAS ALONG QUEEN SHOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED.

angel999Sep 28, 2008 3:12 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 25, 2008 5:52 PM

Dec 2007
angel999 said:
Where the HEll did you see it????? I can't even download it.

go to youtube
Sep 25, 2008 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
kaminakun said:

second that

as for my opinion of this ep:
reaction to dogfights: EPIC
reaction to music: COOL
reaction to ending: FUCK YOU KAWAMORI! WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED
reaction to plot: FUCK YOU KAWAMORI! MICHEL DIDNT NEED TO DIE THERE
reaction to prospect of a movie: FUCK YOU KAWAMORI!
Sep 25, 2008 6:13 PM

Mar 2008
I liked Ranka when she sang Ai Oboete Imasu ka, other than that, she fails throughout the seiries. This series would surpass Code Geass and Gundam 00 if only it had this kind of action in half the series.
Sep 25, 2008 6:24 PM

Mar 2008
gundam 00 ?!?

that show does not even come close to MF
Sep 25, 2008 6:24 PM

Jul 2008
AH WTF? Happy ending? I AM SERIOUSLY CONFUSED BY THINGS ENDED LIKE THAT? There is nothing that shows exactly what happened to make the Vajras suddenly shift. Ok I do get the whole network being taken back by Ranka with the help of Sheryl cause Ranka transfered the virus into the intestines part and yeah it includes part of the womb.

That still does not make them trustworthy. Who knows if they will attack in the future. THIS SUCKS! Brera survives and loses a eye? Sheryl almost dies but since Ranka become Miracle Good Girl..well things turn out great.

THE BATTLE IS FREAKING AMAZING! EPIC! EPIC! What impresses me more is HOW THEY MADE THE BATTLES AND MUSIC SYNCH! REALLY WELL DONE!

EVERYONE I WAS RIGHT! NUNS SAVES THE DAY AT FIRST THEN IT'S ALL FOR ONE!

Klan using Michael's sniper gun was COOL! AMAZING MORE that it was passed to Alto after.

YEAH EVERYONE WAS RIGHT ABOUT Alto being able to controls Valkyries with his mentality through, very funny, his Kabuko training! O_O Now that is peculiar.

This actually does finish the Macross saga indeed! The planet is found at LAST! Alto is going for both Ranka and Sheryl? Polygamisme!

MY CONCLUSION UNTIL SUBS COME OUT...................................THE ENDING IS TOO PERFECT! I WANT ALTERNATIVE ENDING IN MOVIE!
angel999Sep 25, 2008 7:56 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 25, 2008 6:27 PM

Jul 2008
pendragon said:
kaminakun said:

second that

The slap....THAT WAS PAYBACK but who cares! Screw that! It was a setup so Ranka can help in the same situation Sheryl but I think it was self-motivation for Ranka to help her. I HATE THE ENDING. It's too convenient...too perfect.....TOO MUCH FAKE HOPE!
Sep 25, 2008 6:29 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:
pendragon said:
kaminakun said:

second that

The slap....THAT WAS PAYBACK but who cares! Screw that! It was a setup so Ranka can help in the same situation Sheryl but I think it was self-motivation for Ranka to help her. I HATE THE ENDING. It's too convenient...too perfect.....TOO MUCH FAKE HOPE!

I hate the ending because Alto did not choose (or maybe he did but we didn't get to see)
Sep 25, 2008 6:29 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
...gotta watch it!!!

He choose the sky?? What kinda ending is that?

wow...great episode...but it felt a little bit rushed... thank god for the info on the movie ;D

9.5/10 overall

Yeah that part is not true..he just wanted to go and visit the SMS people? Most likely Ozma but he's gonna get both chicks unless Ranka goes brother lovey-dovey....O_O THAT WOULD BE WACK!
Sep 25, 2008 6:32 PM

Mar 2008
o well...good show overall...just can't get enough of the music ;D

time to edit my review ;)
Sep 26, 2008 1:38 AM

Oct 2007
It's an FMP style ending, while he choose noone it should be obvious who the eventually winner is going to be. Looking forward to the movie where the love triangle result should be put beyond doubt.
Sep 26, 2008 1:49 AM

Mar 2007
Westlo said:
It's an FMP style ending, while he choose noone it should be obvious who the eventually winner is going to be. Looking forward to the movie where the love triangle result should be put beyond doubt.

Just watch as it doesn't.
I'm gonna laugh again if Kawamori doesn't conclude the love triangle then haha .

Sep 26, 2008 2:53 AM

Oct 2007
The most epic thing ever would be if Kawamori tells magazines and stuff that the movie will resolve the love triangle... and than it doesn't. Amazing display of trolling that would be.
Sep 26, 2008 3:04 AM

Mar 2007
hahahaha that'd be awesome if he did , I can already imagine the reactions people would have .

Sep 26, 2008 5:03 AM

Dec 2007
My reaction to the whole episode:

KAWAMORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
V---CLICK HERE TO RECIEVE BACON---V

^---LIMITED TIME OFFER---^
Sep 26, 2008 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
10/10 aka 5/5 for the episode. Most of this series was just a massive CGI-AMV-fest and space battles in #25 were the pinnacle of it.

As for the series overall - 9/10 . Plot was simple and spot on, love triangle was developed skillfully and animation was mostly spectacular. Wondering about the content of movie though.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Sep 26, 2008 8:39 AM

Feb 2007
Brilliant episode with amazing set pieces, music and action.

Story was a tad cliche, but if you want happy ends this is what we'll have to settle for now.

All in all I was aweing and on the edge of my seat throughout the episode. I enjoyed watching this series and will miss doing so.

Sep 26, 2008 9:04 AM

Jul 2008
Kraker2k said:
Brilliant episode with amazing set pieces, music and action.

Story was a tad cliche, but if you want happy ends this is what we'll have to settle for now.

All in all I was aweing and on the edge of my seat throughout the episode. I enjoyed watching this series and will miss doing so.

I was also so to speak at the edges of my seat aweing when it was good but mostly saying BS, BS and BS for simple reason that the ENDING IS TOO PERFECT. Come one everyone said it was a little rush...well I see all the details of the rush.
Sep 26, 2008 9:18 AM

Jun 2008
kaminakun said:
I don't like Ranka slapping Sheryl... that is pure wrong

btw...did Ranka cured Sheryl's disease?

well, Sheryl slapped Ranka first :P

It was payback

I liked the Ranka and Sheryl hug at the end. it was cute
Sep 26, 2008 10:05 AM

Feb 2007
It wasn't payback, Sheryl felt she had done her job and resigned herself saying she had done her part. Ranka needed Sheryl to understand its not the end just yet and in the heat of the battle she needed a quick way to grab Sheryl's attention.

It wasn't a slap filled with payback, but a slap wanting to open Shery'ls eyes.

Sep 26, 2008 10:33 AM

Jul 2008
Kraker2k said:
It wasn't payback, Sheryl felt she had done her job and resigned herself saying she had done her part. Ranka needed Sheryl to understand its not the end just yet and in the heat of the battle she needed a quick way to grab Sheryl's attention.

Yeah I agreed with that and also the reverse was true about RANKA when Sheryl slapped her. So ALLS BALANCED OUT!
Sep 26, 2008 11:01 AM

Jun 2008
Kraker2k said:

Yes, I know that. I was just joking :P

I think it's stupid for the Sheryl fans to complain about Ranka slapping Sheryl when Sheryl did the same thing to Ranka.

In anime, you have to slap people to open their eyes. the whole slapping thing is getting on my nerves.
Sep 26, 2008 1:50 PM
Jun 2007
I'm gonna have to watch the episode again to take in everything that just happened. this episode seemed more like an hour long special with so much action happening. the mash-up of the insert songs was a nice touch for the episode, though I would have RAGED if it included some of Ranka's other songs.

overall, the series gets a 9/10. stellar animation and amazing soundtrack (though its far from being Yoko Kanno's best work). the story was a bit linear but I wasn't expecting something mind-blowing anyway.
Sep 26, 2008 2:43 PM

Dec 2007
kaminakun said:
angel999 said:
pendragon said:
kaminakun said:

second that

I hate the ending because Alto did not choose (or maybe he did but we didn't get to see)

it took me a day of breathing before i can get over my emotions and look at facts.
alto did choose --- sheryl
(kawamori had to keep rankaxalto fans for future installments, some say its an evil marketing plan.)
some birdie brought up the fact that alto saluting sheryl was reflective of original macross' love. of course, im not that hardcore so i didnt notice. but when you think about it, it really makes sense.
plus, alto still has to tell sheryl what he didnt get to tell her befor the big battle, so that might be in the movie

and im looking forward to a romantic comedy for this movie ne! it would be totally suitable.

heck, they should come up with a new guy for ranka while they're at it....and a girl for brera

Sep 26, 2008 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
gundam 00 ?!?

You're not being serious are you?
Sep 26, 2008 3:25 PM

Mar 2008
Nameless_Hero said:
kaminakun said:
gundam 00 ?!?

I am completely serious. Except for the story and the animation, nothing else can even come close to MF
Sep 26, 2008 5:07 PM

Oct 2007
Nameless_Hero said:
kaminakun said:
gundam 00 ?!?

Hai guys, we killed off our most popular Meister so what do we do?
I know boss lets bring him back!
But he's dead?
I know lets bring him back and say it's his brother?
lololol good idea boss!
Sep 26, 2008 5:10 PM
Jun 2007
inb4Sunriseisthebiggesttrollintheanimeindustry.
Sep 26, 2008 5:33 PM

Jul 2008
pendragon said:
kaminakun said:
angel999 said:
pendragon said:
kaminakun said:

second that

YEAH I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE! FUCK YOU KAWAMORI! RANKA WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE NOR DID BRERA. THE VAJRA ARE SUPPOSED TO GET EXTINCT! YOU GOING TO LET MICHAEL SUFFER IN HIS COFFIN??? ANSWER ME KAWAMORI AHO!
Sep 26, 2008 9:52 PM

Mar 2008
Westlo said:
Nameless_Hero said:
kaminakun said:
gundam 00 ?!?

Hai guys, we killed off our most popular Meister so what do we do?
I know boss lets bring him back!
But he's dead?
I know lets bring him back and say it's his brother?
lololol good idea boss!

lol nice analogy ;D
Sep 26, 2008 10:25 PM

Nov 2007

Beautiful Ending. 9/10

though this leaves me (and prolly many other watchers) wonder...

Sheryl: 君は誰とキスをする? who would you kiss?
Ranka: あたし? Me?
Sheryl+Ranka: それとも Or
Sheryl: あたし? Me?

Alto: "I LUV TEH SKY"

ランカ・アッタク
Slapp!!

srsly, WTF?! :)
zvucOct 16, 2009 3:47 AM

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Sep 26, 2008 11:51 PM

Aug 2007
kimatg said:

Beautiful Ending. 9/10

though this leaves me (and prolly many other watchers) wonder...

Sheryl: 君は誰とキスをする? who would you kiss?
Ranka: あたし? Me?
Sheryl+Ranka: それとも Or
Sheryl: あたし? Me?

Alto: "I LUV TEH SKY"

ランカ・アッタク
Slapp!!

srsly, WTF?! :)

qft?
Sep 27, 2008 5:12 AM

Mar 2008
I would pick the evil one but since Ranka isn't the evil one anymore, I say Alto just forget about them.
Sep 27, 2008 9:33 AM

Mar 2008
I pick the one with a better body ;D
Sep 27, 2008 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
I pick the one with a better body ;D

I pick Sheryl because of the image.......anyone want to be A PEDO??? NOT ME! Ranka=loli just like Klan in miclone. So if people saw me with Sheryl they would see more positive then with Ranka.

REAL LIFE SITUATION also happens with girls who have TURNER SYNDROME. A disease that makes a 17 year old look like a 11 year old.

GET IT?
Sep 27, 2008 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
what a bloated ending? all that? of course alto didnt die....ranka turned out to be good too like i said. everyting just turned out to be more basic than anything else.

lol the macross attack from the original macross that was a nice touch.

well in the end no one had to die...happy ending blah blah blah.

its not a bad story, but an ending like that just make me sick to my stomach. mostly becuase it was just too sappy...meh
Sep 27, 2008 10:08 AM

Jul 2007
As entertaining as this was it was so over the top it was unreal. The series started pretty decently and then started turning to crap.

Although at least it wasn't as bad as Macross 7.
Sep 27, 2008 10:10 AM

Jul 2008
kisami said:
what a bloated ending? all that? of course alto didnt die....ranka turned out to be good too like i said. everyting just turned out to be more basic than anything else.

lol the macross attack from the original macross that was a nice touch.

well in the end no one had to die...happy ending blah blah blah.

its not a bad story, but an ending like that just make me sick to my stomach. mostly becuase it was just too sappy...meh

ENDING BEING TOO SAPPY------------->100% AGREED!
Sep 27, 2008 10:38 AM

Aug 2008
What made me give it a 5 is the sole reason why I give the anime a 9: The integration and undrstanding of the emotional impact of music in a show. I think this does it much better than maybe any other show, including Nana and Beck which are the cream of the crop. I've never gotten so many chills from a vocal performance in anime than from this show or even this episode. I think I counted about 5 times. It's a shame Ranka was such a horrible character, and some of the science was obtrusively vague, or I could have given this series a 10.
Sep 27, 2008 11:08 AM

May 2008
If only Ranka wasn't "being used" and truly was evil...
Anyways, it was still a fitting image to the show, I ended up liking the series almost as much as Macross Zero (which is pretty amazing seeing as they carried this show for 25 episodes).

Ended up being a 9/10 for me.
Sep 27, 2008 11:46 AM

Dec 2007
I couldn't think of a more perfect ending. A return to what made Macross Frontier great
amazing music + epic battle scenes.
In that final assault on Grace, I was nearly crying from just how beautiful that scene was
I almost want to give the entire show a 10 because of that finale.

I do suspect that the movie will resolve the love triangle, and I'm saddened by that.
W/ this ending, at least fans of one side won't be upset that alto picked the other.

DON'T CHANGE THIS ENDING!! IT WAS THE MOST EPIC FINALE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!
=_)
Sep 27, 2008 12:08 PM

Jan 2008
that was epic... the ending was kinda obvious, but it was still fun to watch...
Sep 27, 2008 12:37 PM

Oct 2007
nice ending... but predictable... loved all the fighting scenes and all the songs to go with them...
Sep 27, 2008 1:26 PM

Sep 2007
I'm definitely going to have to rewatch this episode again just because though I do love that snapshot kimatg took. Super pretty.

I'm kind of glad Alto didn't end up picking anyone. I don't think he really matured enough or had enough development to make a good choice that wouldn't seem totally unreasonable or just something the director put in to please fans.

And there was nothing wrong with Ranka slapping Sheryl. It's okay if Sheryl slapped Ranka but not the other way around?

9/10
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.