Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 31, 2012 10:16 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sentarou has it hard man. And now he just realized about Ritsuko, but it might be too late...
May 31, 2012 10:20 AM

Aug 2008
Oh Love, why so complicated?
May 31, 2012 10:33 AM
Mar 2009
Great episode, so Brother Jun got her pregnant?

Also If Sen and Ritsuko get together I will be so annoyed, however that girl who is also doing the knitting is 'hopefully' doing it for Sen thus our MC can be happy :)

Give me more episodes now!
May 31, 2012 10:44 AM
Jan 2012
I here by, wholeheartedly ship a ménage à trois between Sen, Ritsuko and Kaoru. We already have Yurika and Jun walking the non-conformist path, the rest might just tag along for shits and giggles.
May 31, 2012 11:13 AM
Sep 2009
Wow... so Jun was roped into communism, huh. Well, it looks like his comrade hasn't forgotten about him, and things will probably get even more sticky when things catch up to him.

Also, the relationships in this show are just remarkable.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
May 31, 2012 11:25 AM
Oct 2010
LOL, poor Sen and Kaoru. They have a really bad timing, every time... (highly ironic for jazz players)

Sadly no jazz this time, just some angry beating.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 31, 2012 11:26 AM

Mar 2012
Solkiskey said:
Sentarou has it hard man. And now he just realized about Ritsuko, but it might be too late...

Definitely too late

Poor sen, but kaoru needs more love..
I really can't predict who will they end up with

Jun-nii... Are you on drugs??
May 31, 2012 11:32 AM

Mar 2012
Another excellent episode!

Jun's flashbacks were very well done. The story is developing exceptionally. This is easily my show of the season.
May 31, 2012 11:36 AM

Oct 2010
Goku1994 said:

I think they're actually taking her to a gynecologist to prove if she's still a virgin. Just a guess~

Nice episode. Hope their friendships won't be ruined D:
May 31, 2012 12:01 PM
Mar 2009
dagRoll said:

I think they're actually taking her to a gynecologist to prove if she's still a virgin. Just a guess~

ahhh that would make sense.
May 31, 2012 12:03 PM

Dec 2010
OMG. THIS SHOW IS WAY TOO GOOD. IT EASILY MATCHES THE GLORY OF STEINS;GATE,or maybe even surpasses it:D so,let me get this straight,Yurika is acting like a slut to Jun,and Jun is taking advantage and i think he's gonna ditch her now to go back to the communist stuff. and NOW SEN REALIZES IT! -.- and ritsuko is switching from her love interest?:s a little rushed but all in all,great character development,great plot and awesome artwork:D i'm clueless to how this series will end..:D
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
May 31, 2012 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
Yes! I spotted Suzumura Kenichi and Sakurai Takahiro in the cast, I have good ears! :D

Poor Sentaro! Heartbroken... :'(
And Yurika's parent are too terrible... >>

It's really quite amazing how they can adapt almost a volume in one episode!
KuriniMay 31, 2012 1:59 PM
May 31, 2012 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
I love the anime and manga for this series <3
May 31, 2012 12:25 PM

May 2012
I wonder if Sen will go for Ritsuko now that he founds out about it... But I am still rooting for Kaoru x Ritsuko.

May 31, 2012 1:09 PM
Sep 2011
As expected Jun's change isn't the result of a broken heart but rather of guilt for dragging someone in a mess whith a speech he only did on a whim. What a coincidence to see a student uproar getting to play a role here as it was already featured one time this season in Hyouka but it isn't too surprsing considering the time the anime is set in.

It's nice to see Yurika to get moved in the spotlight a bit more. For me she is the most interesting character for now. Once she put her mind in something she's determined to reach her goal. However, it's doubtful if her persistence and faithfulness will pay out in the end having society against her relationship with Jun.
May 31, 2012 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
Jeez, a lot happened this episode.

Ritsuko has fallen in love with Kaoru? Her feelings for him definitely changed at least.

We learned about Jun, Yurika cut her hair to express her feelings towards him, they might have had sex, they probably won't get together because of the letter from Arita. The fuck was with Yurika's mom, makes immediately an appointment at the gynaecologist?

Sen cries after seeing Jun and Yurika, hope he recovers soon, Kaoru is a bit of a jerk to him and kinda tells him that there is someone who likes him and he finally gets it, fucking cliffhanger.

God, this show is almost too great.
May 31, 2012 1:40 PM

Jul 2010
Crazy awesome episode<3
I'm happy for Yurika and Jun. Her strength can help restore him.

Yesyesyesyes! Finally Sentarou realizes. I'm a big Ri'ko x Sentarou fan so I'm happy :)
I love you Kaoru but please don't butt in! XD

5/5
May 31, 2012 1:45 PM

Jul 2010
onzeedge said:
I here by, wholeheartedly ship a ménage à trois between Sen, Ritsuko and Kaoru. We already have Yurika and Jun walking the non-conformist path, the rest might just tag along for shits and giggles.

Lol, don't think so. Show's too romance-based for that.
May 31, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
dagRoll said:
Goku1994 said:

I actually thought that her mom already knew they had sex and she was going to restore her hymen so that she wouldn't be 'impure'. Maybe I'm just weird and looking into it too much XD
May 31, 2012 2:04 PM

Dec 2011
Wow Richie. Way to screw yourself over at the end there.
May 31, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
The show is great alright, but there's to much change of feelings. Well, I hope Kaoru didn't make a mistake by helping Sentaro realize his feelings. I want to see Kaoru x Ritsuko no matter what! Yurikas parents lol...don't know which one is dumber. Tough luck. Looking forward to next episode.

May 31, 2012 2:10 PM
Sep 2011
I don't think Jun took advantage of her as he proved it with his fake assault that was only meant to scare Yurika away. He is still the nice guy he's been like before and he certainly would know how severe it would be for her if it would have been found out that she isn't a virgin anymore thus refraing from doing it in the first place.
May 31, 2012 2:20 PM

May 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! :)))))
Man, I don't even wanna contemplate on what's gonna happen next with Sen, Ri'ko, and Richie. :)))
I'm just gonna leave it all up to them and enjoy the show.
This is good. This show is so damn good. :)

Way to go Jun. You totally have the power to move people, inspire them, whether you want them to or not. :) Yurika's interesting. :) Rebellion be the storm.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
May 31, 2012 2:31 PM

Jun 2009
Oh I can't.
I just can't.

I will be so pissed if Riko confeses to Kaoru and he rejects her because "she's in love with Sentaro".
May 31, 2012 2:35 PM

Oct 2011
Funny episode :)
so Yurika is going to ruin her life with Comrade Jun - or maybe they already have cute baby coming in (but I think that it's rather to check if she is still a virgin)
Kaoru pushed Sentaro into love octagon with Ritsuko - if he will do something with this is up to debate with his feelings for Yurika and fact that he doesn't know about Kaoru's feelings
Ritsuko on the other part loves Sentaro and, probably, starts to feel something for Kaoru

but from all this mindf*ck only Kaoru has a fallback possibility with all of his fans
so run man, run while you still have chance

other than 3D love relationship nice episode - as usual and nice touch with this "historical" part
May 31, 2012 2:50 PM

May 2009
fishergirl16 said:
dagRoll said:
Goku1994 said:

I actually thought that her mom already knew they had sex and she was going to restore her hymen so that she wouldn't be 'impure'. Maybe I'm just weird and looking into it too much XD

LMAO... I didn't even know about hymenoplasty till this post. And obviously Yurika's mom wouldn't know either because it's the 1960s... But that information was helpful. :P
And yeah, it's probably just to check her virginity. Nothing more. Disgrace is a big issue for Asian families.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
May 31, 2012 2:53 PM

Jul 2011
Yurika...? Brother Jun... what are you doing? o.O

NOOOOOO SENTAROU. Broken hearted and realized something bad!

I'm starting to think that Ricchan is starting to like Kaoru. Dammit! Kaoru you idiot. ><

Sentarou, I'll give you a hug. T^T

This love triangle is so... ><!!
May 31, 2012 3:15 PM
May 31, 2012 3:41 PM

Mar 2008
So that kiss between Jun and Yurika, the one in tha flashbacks, wasn't shown earlier right? I don't remember seeing it in previous episodes.

Hmmm. It was Bo -> Ri -> Sen. Now it's going to be Sen-> Ri-> Bo?

I want them to introduce new characters. I don't like when things start to go round and round with the same characters.
May 31, 2012 4:29 PM

Jul 2010
Lots of emotions floating around this episode.
May 31, 2012 4:31 PM
Oct 2010
Kundalini said:
fishergirl16 said:
LMAO... I didn't even know about hymenoplasty till this post. And obviously Yurika's mom wouldn't know either because it's the 1960s... But that information was helpful. :P
And yeah, it's probably just to check her virginity. Nothing more. Disgrace is a big issue for Asian families.
Well, hymenoplasty is a lot older than you would imagine (though some old practices couldn't exactly be called hygienic)... Just don't ask me how I know.

I do think it's more likely for it to be just a "check up".
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 31, 2012 4:57 PM

Aug 2008
m4rc0 said:
So that kiss between Jun and Yurika, the one in tha flashbacks, wasn't shown earlier right? I don't remember seeing it in previous episodes.

Hmmm. It was Bo -> Ri -> Sen. Now it's going to be Sen-> Ri-> Bo?

I want them to introduce new characters. I don't like when things start to go round and round with the same characters.

yup yup, it's a new footage.
May 31, 2012 6:28 PM

Apr 2009
i never noticed in the manga, but in this episode they hinted that Tokie (ritsuko's friend who's knitting a scarf) likes Maruo lol
Also noticed that Yurika didn't smoke here, while in the manga she smoked near Junichi
May 31, 2012 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
Back to too much melodrama and not enough jazz...
May 31, 2012 7:21 PM

Dec 2006
I find the jun-nii&yurika relationship so boring -w-

but the end was so good *-* sentarou finally realized! I want to see how will he act with ritchan now that he's aware of her feelings x3
May 31, 2012 8:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Solkiskey said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Sentarou is one unlucky man.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 31, 2012 8:40 PM

May 2009
Solkiskey said:

everyone has it hard now..
May 31, 2012 9:21 PM

Aug 2009
All the feels in this wonderful episode...
Realizations all over. Will these mess up the love chain?
Still rooting for Kaoru & Ritsuko.
May 31, 2012 9:35 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, I'm blown away. This was one of my favourite episodes so far. I really like the developing relationship between Yurika and Jun. Honestly, I'd watch a completely separate series on that. I can definitely feel the Josei vibes of this as well. I agree that the gynecologist thing was probably to prove her virginity. I don't see Yurika and Jun jumping into a sexual relationship.

As for the love triangle of Sen, Richie, and Ri-chan, I have no idea where it's gonna go, and I hope they resolve it by the last episode.
May 31, 2012 9:43 PM

Oct 2011
wow this was fricking' amazing! i was like yellig "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" ect the whole time at the computer prety loudly......the artuor is a troll for messing with us Q-Q,sooo goood i love Yuki Kodama for conflicting emotions
May 31, 2012 10:56 PM

Jan 2012
pretty good, i liked how they did the flashbacks cause i thought they were going to be horribly rushed but they did a good job o: i was kind of hoping they'd show some of muroi playing the sax and jun playing the trumpet but eh it's alright xnx

ad stellas super alas angeli.

Jun 1, 2012 1:11 AM

Jun 2011
i love this anime
Jun 1, 2012 2:08 AM

Nov 2007
oh nOoOoO why is it always sen???? ; ___ ;
he has a best friend who randomly throws tantrums out of nowhere, the girl he likes didn't even bother w/ him, & now the girl who used to like him likes someone else
i will cry if he ends up liking ricchan after all this B(( DON'T EVEN GO THERE SEN

oh & yurika has an appointment w/ a gynaecologist?? i wonder why...
Jun 1, 2012 2:17 AM
Aug 2009
I really wish I hadn't read spoilers for this series after the third episode, because the tension created by this ever-changing love polygon is getting unbelievably high.

Granted, I don't exactly know how everything works out, but I know who ends up with who.
Jun 1, 2012 2:54 AM

Oct 2008
Y'know, I don't really care who ends up with who; just that Kaoru and Sentarou stay best buds, in the end. First love's a bitch, but there'll always be more fish in the sea.
Jun 1, 2012 7:21 AM

Sep 2011
is it too late for Sen? :(
Jun 1, 2012 7:27 AM

May 2008
Kaoru is like the me i nvr knew D:. I love the way he drops hints like a boss

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 1, 2012 7:41 AM
Jun 1, 2012 7:57 AM
Dec 2011
A pretty good episode and in response to the ONE GUY saying this is better than "Steins;Gate", no, it's not. Not even near. The series is good but not up to that level. (>,>)
Jun 1, 2012 8:23 AM

Jul 2010
SYKGC said:
A pretty good episode and in response to the ONE GUY saying this is better than "Steins;Gate", no, it's not. Not even near. The series is good but not up to that level. (>,>)

it actually is. and exponentially a lot. you really can't underestimate the power of brilliantly-directed, well-written, and splendidly musically composed slice-of-life anime.

this and Usagi Drop are factually a lot better than S;G that even genre-boundaries-they-mustn't-be-compared-because-they're-different-shows couldn't disapprove. ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jun 28, 2012

462 by Nebbby312 »»
Apr 12, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dltd - May 24, 2012

253 by defaulticus »»
Apr 9, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

a6342164 - Apr 19, 2012

209 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 30, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pizzaholic - Apr 12, 2012

308 by onnongo »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

166 by lazypanda666 »»
Feb 5, 4:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.