Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2012 2:03 AM

Apr 2012
You guys should say why they made you drop the show in a spoiler or something if you didn't. I'm curious as to why because I have never hated a character or show enough for me to drop it. I feel its unfair and i might be dropping a potentially good show but i might just be too patient.
Jul 2, 2012 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
lordzeru said:
Shu from Guilty Crown. Although there is a plethora of reasons to drop Guilty Crown, I think he was the driving force in it finally getting dropped.

I thought the same at first as well but when you keep on watching there will be

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jul 2, 2012 2:27 AM

Mar 2008
Zero inspired me to drop Vampire Knight.

Most other cases in which I dropped a series was because I disliked every character. Even one good character can be enough for me to watch a series, assuming they appear often enough.

The main characters of Mirai Nikki and Neon Genesis Evangelion really made me want to drop those anime, though. Or kill them. But the other characters helped me endure them until the end.
Jul 2, 2012 2:49 AM

Jun 2012
GuZ said:
The little kid in Kanokon. He never did anything in the show except being a pussy and get sexually assaulted. Oh, and his voice.

This is probably the main reason I dropped it too, though I didn't really like the plot all that much either. Also:

Haruhi made me drop that melancholy show.

I have it on stalled, but Amagami SS's male lead made me do so. And other than Monster, I'm not guaranteed to actually go back to anything on my stalled list.
Jul 2, 2012 2:53 AM

Feb 2012
Everyone in Aquarion Evol
Jul 2, 2012 8:50 AM

Oct 2011
Koolman511 said:
I thought the same at first as well but when you keep on watching there will be

I somehow doubt there is enough development of any kind in the final chunk of episodes I had left to change my mind that the serious blew more than a hooker on a Friday night.
Jul 2, 2012 9:18 AM

Jan 2010
I started Jormungand, and I did watch it 4 episodes, and then I just stopped. Yeah, all the characters look ugly but I can handle that thing if the characters natures are interesting, but in Jormungand, there were only typical, annoying and boring characters.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! The main character, I just don't like girls who are annoying.

But the biggest annoying character is in Monochrome Factor, she is Suzuno, Aya. She just do watch she wants, yell and hit others without reasons. I just can't handle characters that do that.
But I'm always thinking back, that maybe someday I can handle her and watch the anime. Because I believe the anime is worth of watching. And so it is sad that some character can ruin it.
Jul 2, 2012 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
I guess there a lot of people who think dropping anime basing on hatred characters is a nonsense, but I dont know...I just care toomuch about the characters to see an anime, for example there are a lot of animes whose plot sucks and only are really good because of the characters design (For example "The World God Only Knows")...

I dont know, like I said I guess it depends on how much important do you consider the characters in anime dropping...

By the way, I agree with Sephiex, that Vampire Knight is..just...Twilight in anime, and I hated that kind of characters...Of course, the same as Mirai Nikki or EVA...

About kanokon, firstly is a soft hentai or hard ecchi, who sucks. But yes, maybe if they put a guy with some guts and not a pussy wimp, I could finish it...I also must say, that is a Shotacon series, and I hate them. Also with Lolicons...
Jul 2, 2012 9:22 AM

Jun 2012
That chick from this idol anime that had yellow eyes...

very scary.... (the yellow EYES!)
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Jul 2, 2012 10:52 AM
Sep 2010
Hunny senpai from Ouran Host Club.
Jul 3, 2012 6:51 PM

Sep 2009
Shiro from Deadman Wonderland.
I could not stand her.
Jul 3, 2012 9:15 PM

Dec 2011
So far it's Shitanda Eru (Hyouka).
I don't understand how a lot of people like her e__e
Jul 4, 2012 7:40 AM

May 2012
update to my previous list:
episode 6 Hyouka and Chitanda already managed to piss me off almost as much as Nagisa from Clannad
cannot .... fuck: I'd kill her with a smile
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jul 4, 2012 11:59 AM

Jun 2012
Sasuke, Naruto. - Naruto
Jul 4, 2012 12:07 PM

Sep 2007
Though I haven't dropped Hyouka yet, but Chitanda is making it very hard not to. Her
"I'm curious so i'm going to annoy the shit out of out until you agree to do my bidding"
act pisses me off to no end. The only reason I've yet to drop the show is because I fast forward pass those scenes.
Jul 4, 2012 1:01 PM

May 2012
Roxkis said:
Though I haven't dropped Hyouka yet, but Chitanda is making it very hard not to. Her
"I'm curious so i'm going to annoy the shit out of out until you agree to do my bidding"
act pisses me off to no end. The only reason I've yet to drop the show is because I fast forward pass those scenes.

I know that feel ... and then KABOOM: she's going to become the idolized Nagisa-type character, just you wait
With each episode passing, this anime loses its rating in front of me only because of Chitanda, it's unbearable, but can't drop once started.

anime industry in charge of creating a school-life, mystery anime with non annoying characters ...

failed
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jul 5, 2012 4:50 AM

Apr 2012
I couldnt stand her xD I just dropped Hyouka
Jul 7, 2012 9:52 AM

Jan 2010
Main Characters are VERY important to me.

I drop Naruto because I hate ALL the main characters. Especially Sasuke and Sakura.

But, I'm very picky regarding what anime I watch, so, I rarely drop an anime because hating the MC.
because If I dislike the MC, I wouldn't pick that anime in the first place.

Oh, why I only mention MC? because I don't really mind some annoying supporting characters as long as the MC is good.
Jul 7, 2012 10:02 AM

Jun 2007
Sketchbook, though I don't even remember the character's name anymore, but she was the most annoying thing I've ever seen. Literally afraid of everything to the point where the show took effort to watch.
Jul 7, 2012 10:04 AM

Jan 2012
Full Moon wo Sagashite - Shut. The fuck. up. Your voice is so annoying.

Hidamari Sketch - Odd art style and annoying characters
Jul 7, 2012 10:58 AM

Jun 2008
Let's see...
Arakawa - everyone, I guess
Hyouka - basically Chitanda and Oreki
K-On!! - Yui, Ritsu and the fact that the cast consists of almost 100% girls (it's a miracle I managed to watch the first season)
Oh, right and
Working!! - Inami
Minami-ke - the main trio
Face_FaithJul 7, 2012 11:10 AM
Jul 7, 2012 2:25 PM

Oct 2010
Asobi ni Iku yo! - Kakazu, Kio

But the whole series sucked anyway.
Jul 7, 2012 2:41 PM

Jun 2012
main character from guilty crown
i wanted to rip his head off
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jul 7, 2012 2:44 PM

Mar 2012
The new season of one piece "Nico robin" Kinda made me drop it.... She looked kinda of weird... its like she had a plastic sugary and failed =.=""
I like the old look of her @.@
Jul 7, 2012 2:50 PM

May 2012
sakura and natsuru from Kämpfer, i dropped it at episdoe 4 and right now it's the worst anime ive ever seen.
Jul 7, 2012 3:01 PM

Aug 2008
Peach Girl

The main character lol.
Jul 7, 2012 3:40 PM

Jan 2012
I'm only on episode 6 of Hyouka, and Chitanda is really starting to get on my nerves. The main reason I'm still watching it is that I love the animation/art styl and Oreki's pretty cool, too.
Jul 7, 2012 3:46 PM

May 2009
S.A because they were too skinny, I could take it with Nana only because the plot and animation was superb.

And as always tsundere females make me drop anything.

Tomoyo and Kyou from Clannad are keeping me from rewatching the first season and are the main reasons I skipped some episodes in the After Story.
Jul 10, 2012 11:38 PM

Jul 2012
Yes I dropped Nabari no ou because of Miharu and Yoite, they were so depressing and emo, and Miharu was getting really annoying because he was acting like he didn't care about his friends so I dropped it half way through.
Jul 11, 2012 9:21 PM

Apr 2012
Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki........freakiest chick out
Jul 11, 2012 9:40 PM

Nov 2008
The only two to come to mind for me are Sci-Fi Harry and Lovely Complex.

Technically I haven't "dropped" Lovely Complex, but the two main characters annoy me so I feel put off of watching it. As for Sci-Fi Harry I just can't stand the main character. >.<
Jul 11, 2012 9:48 PM

Nov 2010
manami-chan669 said:
Shiro from Deadman Wonderland.
I could not stand her.

This one.
Jul 11, 2012 10:09 PM

Jan 2012
Miharu from Nabari no Ou.

I swear, if they just took out this guy and made Kumohira the main character, I finish it.
Jul 11, 2012 10:13 PM
Jun 2012
I don't remember which animes I've dropped because of characters(if any), but Ao from Eureka Seven is really annoying. Then again all the kids are 14 or younger in the series.
There has to be more than one character I can't stand to drop an anime.
Jul 12, 2012 3:19 PM

Mar 2012
Well I dropped Soul Eater as I couldnt stand soul or black star.
I also almost dropped mirai nikki as yuuki was such a wimp, but yuno pretty much carried the series for me, as i love yanderes <3
Jul 12, 2012 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
I'm dropping animes not because of the characters.
Jul 12, 2012 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
Yuno is seriously making me consider making "Mirai Nikki (TV)" my first dropped anime. I can't stand her stupid, robotic "love-centered" personality anymore. Fucking irritating as hell.
Jul 12, 2012 3:32 PM

Jun 2011
Lelouch made me drop code geass

Any ecchi anime I ever dropped is because of the male character being a beta faggot
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Jul 16, 2012 7:20 AM

Jul 2008
The entire cast of Lucky Star made me drop Lucky Star.

Yuuki made me drop Vampire Knight Guilty. I enjoyed the first season well enough - though I hated her character even then, I thought the supporting cast was strong enough, and the story interesting enough that I kept with it. But then I took a long break in between watching the first and second season and had forgotten how incredibly annoying her character is and just completely lost any interest in the show because of her.
Jul 16, 2012 10:00 PM
Jun 2012
AnyaOtaku said:
The entire cast of Lucky Star made me drop Lucky Star.

Yuuki made me drop Vampire Knight Guilty. I enjoyed the first season well enough - though I hated her character even then, I thought the supporting cast was strong enough, and the story interesting enough that I kept with it. But then I took a long break in between watching the first and second season and had forgotten how incredibly annoying her character is and just completely lost any interest in the show because of her.

I couldn't watch past the first few eps of Vampire Knight because of her and how panzy the show made vampires look. Dropped Lucky Star after the first 1 or 2 eps. lol
Jul 17, 2012 12:23 AM

Sep 2009
Sheryl and Ranka from Macross Frontier. I don't know why, but every time I saw them (which was essentially all the time) I just wanted rip my hair out. They annoyed me to no end for some inexplicable reason. I had the series dropped at one point, but since I made it a little over halfway I threw it into my holds list since I figured it'd be a waste since I could still at least somewhat tolerate the series. IDK. I've never been more annoyed by leads before.
Jul 17, 2012 4:00 AM
Jul 2012
Itazura na Kiss - both the female and male lead (the latter a bit more).
Jul 17, 2012 12:23 PM
Jul 2012
Most of the anime that I've dropped were probably because I completely lost interest in it and that I maybe took too long of a break. LOL

I'm on the verge of dropping Bleach though, Ichigo does annoy me quite frequently. After that bit with him losing his powers after Aizen, I was like, "FINALLY" but then it continued with him trying to get his powers back, and then I was like, "...oh. damnit."

It's on-hold right now, but at present I have no urge to pick up at all. S:
Jul 24, 2012 10:18 PM
Jun 2012
Bleach? Wtf? Bleach ended 3 months ago or so. I've been watching the "World only God knows" and if it wasn't for Keima I would of dropped the anime because of Elsie.
Jul 24, 2012 10:25 PM

Feb 2010
Ryuuko Mifune from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Jul 24, 2012 10:41 PM

Jul 2012
I generally don't watch some anime because of their drawing style, but the MC from Eureka Seven just pissed me off, not to mention I didn't like that anime's drawing style =.=

I'll have to be on opposites with those who drop anime because of tsundere, main fact because I love Tsundere, although Louise and Nagi were like small shells of what Taiga and Shana were, which made me drop 'Zero' at Season 4 and drop 'Hayate' in the middle of the season.

I also dropped Bleach because of Ichigo. Damn, he's just so typical. I might drop Tari Tari because of one of the girls. She just gets mad out-right. (Don't even mention Tsundere, Tsundere is different)
Also dropped Mirai Nikki because I'm not a fan of Yandere much, I mean, I like them, but the MC of MN did not help that series at all. Final Opinion on him, he was a weakling that took advantage of her feelings for him. He pissed me off.
"Hmm, Loli is Fine Too."

Jul 24, 2012 10:51 PM

Dec 2008
GothicHunter said:
The two mains from Spice and Wolf, ugh that just bored me, well more the actual story the characters were ok

To each his own. I think Horo and Lawrence are among the most interesting anime couple there is. The dialogue and the chemistry actually made me continue watching it.

Bokura ga Ita, on the other hand...the main couple is so kimochi warui and disgusting, I picked it up like three times, not managing to finish watching it.

"You sit on a full-moon lotus-cushion of white light In the hundred-petalled full bloom of youth."
Patrul Rinpoche

Jul 24, 2012 11:57 PM

May 2012
Early on I almost dropped Mirai Nikki because of Yuki, But I kept watching because of Yuno.
Haru from Accel world has me on the edge of dropping it.
Natsu took idiocy to the extreme and made me drop Fairy Tale, and Gray and Juvia contributed to that aswell.
Jul 25, 2012 7:13 AM

Jan 2012
Nana and Kaoru from Nana to Kaoru.
PURE CRAP
Jul 25, 2012 7:15 AM

Jul 2012
Please don't hate me for this, but I couldn't watch Steins; Gate beyond 8 episodes because I hated most of the characters. I know it's supposed to improve greatly in quality as time goes by, but I just couldn't stand most of them... so I dropped it.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 11 minutes ago

3 by Daviljoe193 »»
45 seconds ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

37 by Shirayukin »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

109 by Merani »»
10 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 14 minutes ago

0 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
14 minutes ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

9 by DancingTheBa »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.