Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2012 9:37 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
glad to see stealth momo again!! lol

...and WAHAHA lol

episode was 3/5
・・・。
May 20, 2012 9:39 AM

Oct 2009
Ep 7 done airing

Sad scene is sad

- for other school.

Not much of Arata's match is shown. Oh well.
So is Shizuno's match.

So Achiga managed to finish second, but...
Shiraitodai is on the same side with them, and they'll have to fight against Shiraitodai on Semi Finals.

Also, I started to ship Miyuki/Yuuka (Kentani)
Oh, and the scene everyone has been waiting for!!! LOL @ Teru's TROLL smile (Even Sumire is TROLLED)

Oh and no Saki Sunday on May 27...

TV Tokyo's program for May 27.
Egypt vs. Japan soccer/football game

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/18377_201205272459.html

Giving more time for the manga to finish before anime....
Loved the fact that they add flashback of other schools... Kentani. :3

Oh and Momo. :3
LOL@ how they made her appears. And Wahaha! XD
Stealth Momo time!

Stylips's Achiga OP is out already. Miracle Ruuuuuuush!:3

Quarter Final's score, courtesy to Anon

Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
May 20, 2012 9:42 AM

Oct 2009
zimno said:

glad to see stealth momo again!! lol

My thought exactly. I can't believe they really call her Stealth Momo, lol. XD

Oh and lol @ Kuro thinks Momo's Yuu because of her boobs. :O

Hmm... I wonder... If we'll see the rest of Tsuruga... I want to see Kaorin's Beginner's (well, she's already done TC, but... ) Luck again. :3
May 20, 2012 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
Stelth Momo's time!!

This is actually quite slow. There are only 5 episodes left.
May 20, 2012 10:03 AM

Dec 2011
Three more Momo pics for my collection :)

That's the first time I genuinely felt bad for a losing team...

And how did they know the phrase "stealth momo" anyway? Momo only ever uses it when talking to Yumi.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 20, 2012 10:04 AM

Aug 2010
Shizu pulling a win out of nowhere!
May 20, 2012 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:

And how did they know the phrase "stealth momo" anyway? Momo only ever uses it when talking to Yumi.

Hmm

Probably Touka's making nick name or Momo told her during Training Camp?
Touka kept missing Momo's riichi stick and her discard after all, before Momo went no Stealth Mode.
Who knows. :D
May 20, 2012 10:10 AM

Aug 2008
shizuru1412 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Hmm

Probably Touka's making nick name or Momo told her during Training Camp?
Touka kept missing Momo's riichi stick and her discard after all, before Momo went no Stealth Mode.
Who knows. :D

They've shared a four-school training camp. So maybe they've shared information too?
May 20, 2012 10:29 AM

Dec 2011
shizuru1412 said:

Oh and no Saki Sunday on May 27...

TV Tokyo's program for May 27.
Egypt vs. Japan soccer/football game

Crunchyroll has it listed as airing at the usual time.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 20, 2012 10:32 AM

Jul 2010
and...

teru wwwwwwwwww
May 20, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2008
Unnecessary drama with Harue is unnecessary.
I just want to see Teru beat the shit out of someone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2012 10:57 AM

Oct 2009
zimno said:
and...

teru wwwwwwwwww

Here have some more.

Loved Sumire's Trolled expression, lol.
And of course.
Next 'Killer' Team on Semi-finals...
The one and only...
Shiraitodai!

All looks kewl. And of course, Awai noted because of how the nature of her smile is. :3
And they really should draw her eyebrows right. >.>
Have more Momo

kuuderes_shadow said:

Hmm... I guess it's wait and see, although I guess it got delayed.
Or probably chrunchy still hasn't made announcement yet...
May 20, 2012 11:12 AM

Dec 2011
shizuru1412 said:

kuuderes_shadow said:

Hmm... I guess it's wait and see, although I guess it got delayed.
Or probably chrunchy still hasn't made announcement yet...

More likely the latter given http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=443555
May 20, 2012 12:01 PM

Apr 2010
The match was pretty exciting at the end even Shizuno pulled a close one there.
Next week should also be nice from the looks of the preview with Momo and all.
I wonder what they will do to prepare themselves against the strongest schools things are getting more and more interesting.
May 20, 2012 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
It's either too slow or to quick - I think if it would be made in 24 episodes they could show more games
but I still liked it, maybe only I miss to see how Arata plays and if she has some "abnormalities"... but well what is done is done

and it's great to see Momo :)
but out of personal preferences and THIS

I really look forward towards next episode
May 20, 2012 12:13 PM

Dec 2011
Dalek-baka said:
It's either too slow or to quick - I think if it would be made in 24 episodes they could show more games
but I still liked it, maybe only I miss to see how Arata plays and if she has some "abnormalities"... but well what is done is done

I reckon they're keeping Arata and possibly Shizuno hidden so that they can save their playing styles until later. Of course, this doesn't mean that they are the strongest two players in Achiga (which looks unlikely in any case).

It's a bit like how in the main series Hisa wasn't shown playing until the finals.
May 20, 2012 12:51 PM
Jul 2009
So great seeing Momo get a cameo, she was on my top 3 of characters in the first season.
May 20, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
Looks like Tsuruga meets up with Achiga next episode. Wahaha!
May 20, 2012 1:07 PM

Dec 2011
Yay Momo. Best Saki char ever! And Shizuno was great in her match.
May 20, 2012 1:25 PM

Nov 2007
Loved it

>dat momo
>dat wahaha
>dat crushed hopes and dreams
>dat stupid sexy Ako
>dat Teru fake smile

Man the anime version really made me like and care for Yuuka and Kentani, seeing them lose was heartbreaking.
May 20, 2012 1:36 PM

Dec 2011
Woebegone said:
Yay Momo. Best Saki char ever!

fixed
May 20, 2012 2:28 PM

Jan 2012
That was a nice last hit lol.

May 20, 2012 3:22 PM

May 2012
Good job, but it doesn't matter cause I'm still rooting for Kiyosumi. I am liking this team better than before though. Still, no one is more amazing than Saki!

It's pretty awesome that they're getting to train with the losing teams of the previous show. I'm guessing Shiraitodai 1st with Achiga 2nd, and then Saki 2 will show up and we'll get to see Kiyosumi go up against them. Should be interesting to see how Nodocchi handles fighting against her former team.
May 20, 2012 3:37 PM

Jun 2009
I'm starting to think I really need to watch Saki before continuing with this.
[/center]
May 20, 2012 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
Overall I wish more Mahjong, it's a shame Saki-A will have only 12 episodes (if only there were 24 episodes *dream*).

Now 2 weeks before next... But I'm glad to see Momo again as well (especially with Yumi in the preview! :3), and Mihoko.
May 20, 2012 3:49 PM

May 2011
MOMO!!!

Damn, her movement makes me wonder there.
May 20, 2012 3:56 PM

Oct 2009
Zenithale said:
Overall I wish more Mahjong, it's a shame Saki-A will have only 12 episodes (if only there were 24 episodes *dream*).

Now 2 weeks before next... But I'm glad to see Momo again as well (especially with Yumi in the preview! :3), and Mihoko.

You'll get your maahjong dream fulfilled when Semi-Finals started (assuming they will air it)

TELTEL! :3

But still, yeah. 5 more episodes = Not Enough. >.>
They split ch6 on manga into 2 ep, so I wonder if we can assume that they'll add more episodes (24 seems too few for all Shiraitodai mahjong hax goodness, though. ) XD

Oh and more pairing...:
Hiroko/Arata and Hiroko/Cela ... :D
May 20, 2012 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
Wahahaha :D
Awesome :D

May 20, 2012 4:08 PM

May 2012
shizuru1412 said:
Zenithale said:

You'll get your maahjong dream fulfilled when Semi-Finals started (assuming they will air it)

TELTEL! :3

But still, yeah. 5 more episodes = Not Enough. >.>
They split ch6 on manga into 2 ep, so I wonder if we can assume that they'll add more episodes (24 seems too few for all Shiraitodai mahjong hax goodness, though. ) XD

Oh and more pairing...:
Hiroko/Arata and Hiroko/Cela ... :D

Well, the whole show has handled the mahjong rather poorly compared to Saki original. So, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it's not as interesting.

Personally, I'm happy there's not as many episodes, I just want them to bring on Saki 2 already!

BridgeX said:
I'm starting to think I really need to watch Saki before continuing with this.

It is HIGHLY advised. Not just because this show has a lot of ties to it, but because the show is just too epic to miss out on. Though, you may find yourself not caring as much about whether Achiga wins nationals by the end xD
May 20, 2012 6:07 PM

May 2010
was a nice ep, kinda boring though was nice to see momo at the end.
May 20, 2012 6:14 PM

Feb 2008
At least we can see Teru monster skills in this anime :)

The manga haven't even catch up with the anime, I wonder what they going to do with this.

Now we obviously can see that Shizuno will not stand a chance against Saki, you are not the only one that want to see orginale Saki.
Achiga really have a small chance to win.

I do want to see more of Senriyama

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 20, 2012 6:45 PM
Dec 2008
They really rushed it. I wish the director gets fired for being incompetent...
May 20, 2012 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
Man those matches went by fast! and Momo! only remembered her because she went stealth lol.
May 20, 2012 8:27 PM

May 2012
Nagi- said:

Well, I'm kinda happy. They better not use the same director for Saki 2 though.

The reason I'm sorta happy, is that they aren't making it hard to keep on cheering for Kiyosumi and to not care whether Achiga makes it.
May 20, 2012 9:23 PM

Jul 2008
Nagi- said:

The director did a good job at adapting what there was to adapt.
It follow the manga closely and if the pacing is fast and the match doesn't show a lot of hands it's because it's the exact same way in the manga.

The final table will consist of:

From A side:
-Achiga
-Shiraitodai

From B side:
-Kiyosumi
-Rinkai

Saki's manga was made in a way so that it could cover Kiyosumi's backstory, Shiraitodai's backstory (Since Teru has been Saki's goal since the start) and Rinkai which they will face in the semi-final (And is said to be pretty strong themselve as they are the ones that stopped Ryuumonbuchi's last year.

Which leave Achiga... there was no way to give a decent background for that team unless adding ton of flashback chapter to the already full of flashback chapter final.

The sole point of this manga is to gives background to Achiga while showing off what Teru can do (Since she's the last boss of the original manga) before the final. I wouldn't even be surprised if Achiga's manga end after the semi-final and that the final is kept exclusively for the original manga.

There is something that people that watch only the anime should be conscious of:
The first season added filler at the end of the serie. In the manga Kiyosumi didn't participate in the individual tournament and the training camp was very different from how it was made in the manga, so much that some very importants informations were ommited. Sadly since the anime end with them entering the national ground, these information will probably never see the day.

Now you'll ask me where I'm going with this...
This is simple.
For people hoping that Teru will meet Saki in the individual... it won't happen. Saki (And nobody from Kiyosumi and Achiga for that matter) entered the premilinaries individual tournament and thus cannot participate in the national individual tournament.
Now why i'm saying this?
Because so much people are expecting heavy developement comming from something the studio came up with. Saki vs Teru is bound to happen but it won't happen in the individual tournament, filler or not simply because the mangaka will find a way around it and the anime will follow that 'way around it'.

So basically they might add filler related to the earlier filler but please do not expect the core, the most important fight in the story to be dealt in filler.
May 20, 2012 9:41 PM

Oct 2011
I have a feeling they're going to win against Saki's sister.
I DON'T WANT THAT.
Please, let me have my evil looking optical super power eye sisters battle it out on a table of mahjong.
May 20, 2012 9:56 PM

Oct 2009
CrimsonLight said:
I have a feeling they're going to win against Saki's sister.
I DON'T WANT THAT.
Please, let me have my evil looking optical super power eye sisters battle it out on a table of mahjong.

They won't.

Teru is, like The Champion, The Ultimate Mahjong Monster... that is not pro yet..

You'll have full few episodes of Teru time in.... a few weeks. >:3

I'm still skeptical with Achiga going to finals...

No comment about them.

In fact I don't care.

They won't win this anyways.

TELTEL~! (2 chan's version of Teru Time)

Saki vs Teru in the individuals.

Also, Kiyosumi's lost in Team Tourney foreshadowed in ep 25. XD
May 20, 2012 11:24 PM

Jun 2009
Wahaha, more cameos.

And as usual there isn't paid any attention to the actual matches xD
May 21, 2012 12:11 AM

Jul 2009
Argh, this should be 24 episodes instead of 12. When Arata's match ended, my reaction was pretty much this: That's it?!
Does the manga show the matches in more detail?
May 21, 2012 12:38 AM

Dec 2011
If anything the manga shows it in less detail
May 21, 2012 1:04 AM

Oct 2009
Anime also add more Senriyama's interaction.

Also, Hiroko / Arata? Hmm...

Cela looks better in manga than in anime, though. :(

Cela/Hiroko is another options. And Izumi is alone....
May 21, 2012 1:41 AM

Jan 2009
Teru trolling everyone was too good. Also Momo!

If the next episode will focus on their last minute training then I have no idea how they plan to show the whole semifinal in 4 eps, even the manga has slowed down a lot for it.
May 21, 2012 3:34 AM

Aug 2010
I feel bad for the Achiga girls, given their performance they should be steamrolled in the following matches, they are rather weak. Not to mention now they have an internal conflict as well.

No matter how much I hear Nakahara Mai as Teru, I still believe it's a terrible miscast, she isn't fit for the big bad's role, no matter how talented she is.

To hell with everything, Stealth Momo is back! Rejoice! 4/5.
May 21, 2012 4:49 AM
Oct 2007
Stealth Momo and Wahaha were the highlight of this episode.
May 21, 2012 5:27 AM

Oct 2009
Btw, Yuuka from Kentani seems like a good player who gets fast win BUT with closed hands (cough dealer baiman, mangan - pretty much scoring big), like Cela, but faster.

Oh and the reason why Hiroko bailed other than she's 3 tiles away from tenpai is that because it's a dealer riichi on her fourth round of discard... :O

I feel that Koshigaya's chi is useless... even though Yuuka get an ippatsu, she'll still got a baiman anyways.
May 21, 2012 5:53 AM

Aug 2009
I think this was the best episode yet. The mahjong part was interesting (am I the only that loves Shizu?) and we got more Teru and now we'll have some awesome Stealth Momo and Wahaha~

The only sad thing is that Arata's match was really short, though I hope we can see more of her in the semifinals.
May 21, 2012 6:49 AM

Jul 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:
If anything the manga shows it in less detail

I see. I probably won't be reading it in that case. Well, even though the matches have been short, this side story has been quite enjoyable, though not as enjoyable as the parent story.

By the way, I just noticed that Toki got more points than other Senriyama girls got in total.
Scores after the first round:

Senriyama 143900
Koshigaya 106400
Kentani 89600
Achiga 60100

Scores after the fifth round:

Senriyama 180400
Achiga 88100
Kentani 87200
Koshigaya 44300

Toki really is awesome, isn't she? I'm glad that we will probably see Senriyama play more after this match too.
MasterSpark11May 21, 2012 9:27 AM
May 21, 2012 3:23 PM

Oct 2007
I honestly like how Arata and Shizu play mahjong. They are not monster like others but they play with skill and brain. And I don't think we need all 4 monsters sitting on one table doing staring contest.

I honestly don't think I can hold out till Saki Second season coming out. I am pretty sure I will read manga sometime soon, damn it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 21, 2012 4:23 PM

Oct 2009
Siva said:
I honestly like how Arata and Shizu play mahjong. They are not monster like others but they play with skill and brain. And I don't think we need all 4 monsters sitting on one table doing staring contest.

I honestly don't think I can hold out till Saki Second season coming out. I am pretty sure I will read manga sometime soon, damn it.

Arata has a rather... peculiar playing style.... She's not really normal, but not monster level like Yuu/Kuro.

I don't root for Achiga because I honestly believe that it's necessary for 4 monsters on taishou seats. Nein. No arguments here.

Don't want someone be cannon fodders... Yes I'm looking at Kazekoshi's Ikeda. When she's at her worst. XD

Not sure whether you should read Saki manga or not. The length of waiting (the manga) is sure will frustrate anyone btw... But after this anime ends probably we'll get faster release... who knows.
May 21, 2012 4:39 PM

Jul 2008
Siva said:

You don't want to read Saki's manga ... trust me.
Still it would be good if you read the part between the premilinaries and the start of the national as it's very different than the anime.

Saki's manga is monthly, move at slowpoke speed (Like 3-6 chapters per round and giving that there's 5 round per match...) and the worst of all that is that the chapter are usually 20 pages long which is like ubber retarded for a monthly manga.

If my hunch is right then Achiga's manga will end after the semi-final and the mangaka will focus more on Saki then.
It would be retarded to show the final match in the Achiga's manga before it's even in the main manga.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki Achiga-hen ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

0 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 1, 2012

115 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 3, 2012

99 by 0ni_Link »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 24, 2012

137 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 17, 2012

95 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.