Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2008 10:36 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK, dont know where to start but It seens that the overture movie was avoid after all...

And now some questions:

-What happends next??
-Is there any announcements about new OVAs??
-Hades was such a pussy in this ep!!!

Feel free to make a joke of me, but I waited for so long to see the end of this sht and it end like this?? The Hades Chapter stared in 2002!!! WTF????

Well, I guess I'm the only remaining Fan that waited for so long, but belive me, I'll never do that again!!

Ciao!!!
.. Airwalk
Sep 17, 2008 1:08 AM

Mar 2008
Haha, you're not the only one left !

I was also waiting it, the Hades Sanctuary chapter was really awesome but i enjoyed this one a bit less. The end was pretty boring to me, it's just the usual stuff you see in Saint Seiya, nothing unexpected almost

I think it's not really worth to watch the serie unless you're a real fan. I only liked the god/myth armors and a few scene (like the pandora's one) rest is just the old Seiya over and over again. Long boring speech, quick fight, getting beat up badly, can't die because of hope/friends, get stronger, end. Almost.

I did enjoy it though, but as a fan, and i'm still disapointed also that it wasn't as good as Hades Sanctuary, not even coming to close it.
Nov 9, 2008 3:41 PM

Sep 2008
WTF? seiya cant die :(...
Sep 2, 2009 4:26 AM

May 2009
well,

Seiya is the protagonist of the whole Saint Seiya Manga/Anime.

He is just Bronze Saint but he is such powerful that seems like he can beat everyone.

The fact that he could harm such powerful oponent (with God Cloth) as it is GOD HADES, it was quite enough. If he could win at this time too, it would just get much much bored.

I liked this episode (even just because of that Seiya died).
Join now Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas Fan-Club
Sep 16, 2009 11:34 AM

Jun 2009
LOL, I watched the original back when I was 10... and now I just thought, hey, it would be cool to see how it all wraps up!

oooo BOY I was wrong, this is TERRIBLE!!!!

The only good thing that came out of it is that now I know for sure there is nothing else to watch, I never ever want to recall this thing again, it's repetitive, predictive, repetitive, boring, repetitive, "animation - less" (never seen so much use of stock footage and "pan" animation before, makes me wonder why the hell took them 6 years to finish it), repetitive and disappointing from every angle.

I sure was an easily amazed kid back then and in truth it didn't have much to compete against so it was "above average" as an anime, but for today standards it's atrocious even when paired with some of the worse productions we have!
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
Dec 29, 2009 7:07 PM

Jul 2009
Wow Seiya died..
Aug 15, 2011 10:25 AM

Sep 2009
Any news about Zeus saga?
Jan 12, 2012 12:54 AM
Feb 3, 2014 3:59 PM

Dec 2008
Great ending to the Hades saga, I went ahead and watched Overture after this and I was dissapointed. Moving to Omega Anime and Next Dimension Manga.
Jun 8, 2014 7:22 PM

Jun 2012
Wtf? What a let down. So my post back in the original series was true? Love is the most powerful thing? Wow just wow. And was Hades hinting at stuff from lost canvas when he mentioned the pegasus? I'll probably go watch overture, which sounds horrible, and then go watch lost canvas.

I guess the best thing about this series remains to be the badass cloths.

I just watched Overture. If youre reading this and plan on watching overture as well, do yourself a favor and dont, just skip it and go to Omega or Lost canvas.
Sol_OuJun 9, 2014 6:35 PM
Oct 22, 2015 2:18 AM
May 2013
Hades needs more screen time , a series based on him would have potential .
This was pretty much average .
I hope watching the original Saint Seiya will make watching Lost Canvas a better experience .
Apr 6, 2016 7:30 PM

May 2009
I heard about the movie that comes after this( and that it's bad, but I'm just gonna watch it anyways), but if this had been the finale, I would say that it was kind of bland. Seiya's death did not make me feel sad, it was like "boom! stab wound to the chest, dies peacefully in Athena's arms." Whaat?! And the ending did not feel like an ending! What happens next? No Epilogue( unless you watch the movie sequel).

I'm not gonna criticize since the manga was from the 80s and this ending would have been really sad to the fans back then.
Jan 4, 2019 7:04 AM

Dec 2015
narulovesramen said:
The ending did not feel like an ending! What happens next? No Epilogue.
I'm not gonna criticize since the manga was from the 80s and this ending would have been really sad to the fans back then.

Actually, back then, the manga was cancelled during the Hades Chapter. If I remember it right, the mangaka got the chance to set things over in 2 tomes (I don't even remember if the series was still published in the magazine for the last chapters of the manga). So, that was a quick way to end things, that's alL
May 13, 2022 11:09 AM

Feb 2017
That... wasn't an ending.

I don't know how else to describe it, it doesn't really feel like it's over. The fight went incredibly quickly and the resolution feels entirely up to interpretation.

Like, I realize Seiya's supposed to be dead... but someone's cosmos disappears temporarily every 15 minutes in this show. For that matter, killing Hades was supposed to destroy the Underworld (Hypnos acted like it was going to destroy everything too), so I could just as easily say everyone died. Definitely feels like a 'manga got axed' kind of ending -- the whole power of love/humanity thing felt completely tossed on, Seiya got taken out in one brief hit, Hades got taken out in one brief hit, etc. Nothing really that dramatized in a series that loves to make these fights melodramatic.

Gonna be a while before this even sinks in as an ending, because I still feel like I'm just gonna pull up the next episode that doesn't exist. Not even angry or disappointed or anything, just... 'huh, sure'.

Kinda glad this gets retconned/continued; at least I can imagine it went somewhere better in ND until I feel like reading that someday to find out.
MistralsMay 13, 2022 11:14 AM
Jan 1, 2023 5:58 AM
Dec 2022
All the Hades arc almost got the perfection
Feb 18, 2023 5:47 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
If Seiya actually died and stayed that way like it was portrayed in this ending, IT IS THE GRANDEST OF ALL anime character deaths !!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Elysion Episode 2 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

3 by Guanimero »»
Aug 31, 2021 5:38 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Elysion Episode 4 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

3 by Veethorn »»
Jul 7, 2021 7:07 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Elysion Episode 1 Discussion

lifeordeath2 - Apr 22, 2008

4 by Veethorn »»
Jul 5, 2021 6:47 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Elysion Episode 5 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

2 by Ralf_Glow »»
Dec 13, 2019 8:36 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Elysion Episode 3 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

3 by Rei_III »»
Jan 4, 2019 6:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.