Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 21, 2012 3:25 AM

Jun 2011
Great! This anime is still doing as nicely as I expected!
Deen's doing a great job, definitely in the top 3 animes of the season ♥ They've managed to transfer the story from the manga really well so far, I hope they keep up with it :3
Finally we're getting to the serious business, now we are past the start after Rea's death, can't wait for more~

Babu is adorable, even better than I expected :p

Monad said:
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:
Question though. Would she smell and rot?

In fact, yes. But they found a way to somewhat preserve her body.

Well that sucks. Then she will look like a horror abomination in a year. And how will he have her as a girlfriend when she will smell awful. The guy really is a weirdo with his zombie girlfriend fetish.

In fact, that's one of the biggest issues in the series. They are trying to find ways how to preserve and keep her body from rotting so she could live normally (well, as normally as a zombie possibly could...) for as long as possible, preferably forever :P
Pyr0Apr 21, 2012 3:32 AM
Apr 21, 2012 4:46 AM

Jan 2011
Awesome episode, that was done so nicely.
Probably my #1 of this season, we'll see.
Can't wait for next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 21, 2012 5:40 AM

Jun 2011
I was blown away at how her death occurred. It was well done because we all know that she was gonna die and be reborn in this episode and so the process of waiting another week begins all over again.
Apr 21, 2012 5:48 AM

Sep 2010
This episode was just perfect.
Holy shitttt, episode 3 and this series just keeps getting better :D
Apr 21, 2012 7:47 AM

Nov 2007
I don't know what else to say. Maybe her becoming a zombie was the only way to get to be with Furuya. But it was sad to see Rea die, from a living perspective. But then again, the life she led as a living was horrible.

Next episode, she will be getting her human form back, a tid bit operated and probably will have that bandage on her abdomen for the rest of her life, since that's how zombies' live (like they ever lived, lol)

But the poor as*hole of a father got what he deserved. No more photography session for now.

Anyone noticed the blurred (censored) side view when Rea was walking towards Furuya?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 21, 2012 8:09 AM

Dec 2011
Loved this episode.
She died finally \o/
This is the first time that Im so happy due a death of a girl that I love.
Apr 21, 2012 8:36 AM

May 2011
Wow, that was great. And the effects they used in the last scene... ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS and very well placed for the mood as well!
Apr 21, 2012 8:53 AM

Apr 2011
I hate that pedo motherfucker...
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 21, 2012 8:58 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Monad said:
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:

Well that sucks. Then she will look like a horror abomination in a year. And how will he have her as a girlfriend when she will smell awful. The guy really is a weirdo with his zombie girlfriend fetish.

Well then we can have zombie version of Saya no Uta. LOL. Don't worry, she won't bloat anytime soon.

Also, it's called necrophilia. Except the corpses are animated. Somewhat makes it less disturbing?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 21, 2012 10:09 AM
Jul 2010
After the first episode I knew that this anime would be one of the best in this season and it still seems like it now. I really enjoy every episode, every abstract, symbolic scene and just take a close look at the opening: With Babu's help (death and resurrection) he can save Rea from the thick, high grass where she had gotten lost (family) and flies with her to a bright sky (future).

The outcome of this specific episode was predictable but yet enjoyable, except Rea father's actions to cut off Furuya's balls. WTF? And what's with the gay scene at the boy's school? Is he that sex obsessed that he doesn't care if his target is male or female anymore?

I also pity Sanka for being the scapegoat of the family's reputation. The public would be much more shocked about her father beating her and making nude photos and of her mother bein drunk all the time than over Sanka roaming freely in the city.

I'm looking forward to the next episodes!
madara1212Apr 21, 2012 10:18 AM
Apr 21, 2012 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:

Well then we can have zombie version of Saya no Uta. LOL. Don't worry, she won't bloat anytime soon.

Also, it's called necrophilia. Except the corpses are animated. Somewhat makes it less disturbing?

It's not necrophilia. He doesn't just like a dead body. He likes a zombie one.
Apr 21, 2012 11:03 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
But you see a zombie is a dead body...

The zombie we are talking here is not like in Kore wa Zombie desu ka. It's the zombie as in Resident Evil zombie.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 21, 2012 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
Show rocks. My favourite of the currently airing ones I'm watching.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 21, 2012 11:48 AM

Sep 2011
Fucking censors! -_-
No.
Apr 21, 2012 12:30 PM

Dec 2011
God damn censorship haha but awesome episode!!
Apr 21, 2012 12:53 PM

Dec 2011
Am I the only 1 that didn't notice censorship? O.o
Apr 21, 2012 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:

Yeah but a dead body isn't necessary a zombie. From what i heard Necrophiliacs like the whole non having any life in it. A zombie might have a dead body but it still has a life in it.
You can argue that a zombie is alive as much as you can argue that is dead, especially in the way zombies are in this show. Me being alive is not based only in the fact that my body isn't rotting. It's also based on the fact that i think speak and move.I could very welt get some rare decease that makes my body rot. Will people say am dead?
This guy has a completely new unique fetish based on zombies.
Apr 21, 2012 2:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Monad said:
wakka9ca said:

Yeah but a dead body isn't necessary a zombie. From what i heard Necrophiliacs like the whole non having any life in it. A zombie might have a dead body but it still has a life in it.
You can argue that a zombie is alive as much as you can argue that is dead, especially in the way zombies are in this show. Me being alive is not based only in the fact that my body isn't rotting. It's also based on the fact that i think speak and move.I could very welt get some rare decease that makes my body rot. Will people say am dead?

The problem is that discussing "life" and "death" with the subject being undead is kinda pointless. Also, normal zombies do not think, speak and only move. Furuya was attracted to that but got a zombie that can think and speak and move instead (otherwise this series would have been pointless)... at least for now.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 21, 2012 3:24 PM

Feb 2012
Omg MUST HAVE NEXT EP! Finally the real fun begins!

5/5
Apr 21, 2012 4:03 PM

May 2011
Hell yeah now that shes become a zombie, the real fun is going to start. Can't wait to see how everyone reacts to Rea when Chihiro brings her home as well as seeing that that messed up creep of a dad is going to do.

Ranko just got left behind haha.
Apr 21, 2012 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
Love the animation and the style.
Great episode looking forward to the next one~

Apr 21, 2012 4:39 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:

Hence me coining the term "Zombifilia"
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:
wakka9ca said:

The problem is that discussing "life" and "death" with the subject being undead is kinda pointless. Also, normal zombies do not think, speak and only move. Furuya was attracted to that but got a zombie that can think and speak and move instead (otherwise this series would have been pointless)... at least for now.
As much as I agree with both of you, you must know that the whole zombie process was not done with a infections but rather a potion. That concept itself rules anything of cliche from zombies. Hence it's very hard to even argue both your points cause nothing is common of zombies in all this. Like they don't think nor talk.

This what they are showing due to the potion effects.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 21, 2012 4:49 PM
Feb 2012
This show is WAY better than I expected when seeing the preview back then.
Oh fuck I really thought that Rea would be saved in that last moment but then it really happened and she's back as a zombie now. Not that I'm surprised since the show's theme pretty much indicates it but I still thought that the series would resolve around the two of them being humans and Rea being prevented from turning into a zombie. Well guess I was wrong which makes the remaining nine (?) episodes even more interesting. Can't wait for next week and without a doubt a 5/5 score for this week's episode.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 21, 2012 5:18 PM

Jul 2011
Finally a show this season that might be worth watching. I was getting a little worried from the other disappointments I've been seeing. (Jormungand)
Apr 21, 2012 5:40 PM
Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:
wakka9ca said:
Hence me coining the term "Zombifilia"
You could try something more "latin-like"...

It could be "Denecrophilia" - Love for the removal of death. Then again, that sounds like he likes making zombies...

Or "Reviviphilia" - Love for that which lives again.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 21, 2012 9:11 PM

Apr 2009
Wow she revived in just minutes while Babu took at least an hour or so...maybe because Babu had been dead for days while she took the potion several hours before she actually died?

Do zombies heal anyway? I think she at least have a broken spine or several broken ribs from that fall alone, so she should be crawling on the ground and not standing upright... >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 21, 2012 9:21 PM

Nov 2007
I did not expect this to happen..BRILLIANT EPISODE!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 21, 2012 10:03 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. I don't see where the show is gonna go for the rest of the episodes.
Apr 21, 2012 10:10 PM

Mar 2012
LOVE.
This series is awesome!
I can't wait until episode four.
I wonder what is going to happen, will Rea's father continue to think she is dead or what?
Apr 21, 2012 11:16 PM
Oct 2010
tofei said:
Do zombies heal anyway? I think she at least have a broken spine or several broken ribs from that fall alone, so she should be crawling on the ground and not standing upright... >_<
XD

She's a zombie!, why do you expect realism?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 21, 2012 11:45 PM

May 2010
Now,she is a zombie so the zombie romance is going to start soon.
Apr 22, 2012 1:28 AM

Sep 2011
I must say that was a great episode. Still waiting for more.
Randomly looking for high compatibility with other people. Click and see if you have high compatibility and leave a comment in my profile.
It'll make my day. :)
Apr 22, 2012 1:37 AM

Apr 2012
i like how the first couple of pages is about the definition of rape LOL.......... really guys?

Her father is a pedophile period and probably would have raped her if this was a hentai. Nevertheless she's been thoroughly emotionally / mentally raped.

Apr 22, 2012 2:48 AM
Apr 2011
I'm pretty sure they showed a glimpse of her intestines at the very end of the first ep.
Apr 22, 2012 3:51 AM

May 2010
She's finally a zombie

I love this show, and I love Baabu too
Apr 22, 2012 4:01 AM

Jul 2011
I guess i'm gonna drop it soon.
"People fall in love with a person, not a gender."
Apr 22, 2012 4:06 AM

Mar 2010
That smile at the end with her red eyes was pretty creepy. I sure as hell hope they make a uncensored version cause I was to see intestines and everything!
Apr 22, 2012 5:02 AM

May 2009
I'm utterly fascinated by this show. Visuals are beautiful and the characters are very interesting.

tofei said:
Wow she revived in just minutes while Babu took at least an hour or so...maybe because Babu had been dead for days while she took the potion several hours before she actually died?

This is a key detail that will most likely pop up a few times over the course of the episodes. The fact that Rea took it while she was alive, while Babu got it when he was already dead seems to be the key to not just understanding Rea's condition, but perhaps even how to reverse it, or at least make it more lasting,

People have survived falls from greater heights than that and didn't break anything. Anime physics aside, I can think of a few factors that prevented Rea from getting any bone fractures and/or neural damage:
- The tree branch. Since it tore open her abdomen, I think it's safe to say it took away some of the energy from her fall.
- The flower patch. It's not exactly a soft landing, but falling into soft soil makes for a relatively softer impact than if she had fallen on a rock, concrete floor, or any other type of hard surface.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2012 8:15 AM

Apr 2010
AO968 said:
I'm utterly fascinated by this show. Visuals are beautiful and the characters are very interesting.

tofei said:

This is a key detail that will most likely pop up a few times over the course of the episodes. The fact that Rea took it while she was alive, while Babu got it when he was already dead seems to be the key to not just understanding Rea's condition, but perhaps even how to reverse it, or at least make it more lasting,

People have survived falls from greater heights than that and didn't break anything. Anime physics aside, I can think of a few factors that prevented Rea from getting any bone fractures and/or neural damage:
- The tree branch. Since it tore open her abdomen, I think it's safe to say it took away some of the energy from her fall.
- The flower patch. It's not exactly a soft landing, but falling into soft soil makes for a relatively softer impact than if she had fallen on a rock, concrete floor, or any other type of hard surface.

How about explaining the part with her entrails hanging out of her stomach.
Apr 22, 2012 8:42 AM

Apr 2011
This may sound odd but i find the death scene beautifully potrayed, splendid art and visuals <3 really like this.
Apr 22, 2012 9:10 AM

Feb 2012
peresoso said:
I guess i'm gonna drop it soon.
I guess you can gtfo then.

Seriously why do people bother posting these one-liners?

antonn said:
How about explaining the part with her entrails hanging out of her stomach.
He explained it already. Her abdomen was torn open.
Apr 22, 2012 12:37 PM
Jan 2010
Ajunky said:
tofei said:
XD

She's a zombie!, why do you expect realism?

And to the people saying he left Ranko behind, he didn't even notice her. He was so fixated at chasing Babu (im sure you guys have at least one moment where you are so fixated with something you forget everything around you) and he said it few minutes after that she didn't follow him

Oh how I love the adaptation of this anime (Tasogare would've more impact if they didn't do that ep1 and started it normally ). The voices really brings out the characteristics of everyone especially Babu!! LOL
Apr 22, 2012 1:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
zilentworld said:

Apr 22, 2012 1:54 PM
Feb 2012
Wow, some awesome interactions there. Rea falling on that branch or whatever was unexpectedly brutal, it caught me off guard :D Great episode
Apr 22, 2012 4:26 PM

Sep 2011
Ouch, that method to die would easily be in "Another"'s top 3 deaths.
After two okay to good-episodes I really start to like this series now.
Apr 23, 2012 1:47 AM

Aug 2010
The first half of the episode felt like drawn out for too long, but the ending was powerful -rain falling for the climactic 2 minutes then sunshine was too much though. I wonder how the father will handle this situation. 4/5.
Apr 23, 2012 5:44 AM
May 2010
This show is pretty interesting thing, also sound and visual style is attractive. I ain't know about the source, but I hope they won't miss the plot.
DROP_TABLE_usersApr 23, 2012 5:48 AM
Apr 23, 2012 6:32 AM

Dec 2011
i haven't seen such a great story plot set off in an anime for a long time! i certainly am stoked for what's going to happen next.

Apr 23, 2012 7:52 AM
Apr 2010
I'm not gonna lie, this show is putting me waaaaayyy out of my comfort range. The dead and reanimation I can stand; even docile zombies. But a love story with a zombie, is kinda... it's putting me off center, but I'm very very VERY curious about the story behind this. I'm going to stick around, definitely.

I'm hoping this show won't be a generic love story with addition of gore. I hope not.
Apr 23, 2012 8:02 PM

Oct 2010
Epic!!!!!! i really love this anime
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

141 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 6:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.