Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2012 2:51 AM

Jan 2012
Come say hi to other members of the South African Anime Club and maybe post a short Introduction.
NyaaJan 23, 2016 12:51 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 22, 2012 10:48 PM

Jun 2008
Hi!

Well done!
Mar 22, 2012 11:21 PM

Feb 2010
Hello everyone~

I've been an anime fan for almost nine years now, and it's unfortunate that I don't have much time lately to watch as much as I'd like. Between life and a job... there is not much space left for anime ;__ ;

Proudly South African, though I currently live and work in South Korea (and with their amazing internet speeds, I can download lots of lovely high-quality anime!)

I was also a former vice-chairman for Genshiken.UCT, an anime society based at UCT.
Mar 23, 2012 4:21 AM

Sep 2008
Hi Hi everyone!
Seeing that life has finally slowed down for the holidays, I've spare time to get back into anime and manga. I currently attend a college in JHB, which has no anime society club there, and looking for some good satirical comedy manga. If anyone knows of anything good drop me a msg I'd really appreciate it! And being Proudly SA goes without saying :D
-------GW2 --------
Mar 23, 2012 5:17 AM
Mar 2012
Yoroshku neh -takes a bow - i am kiba allelujah kai the former true otakunist
Mar 28, 2012 1:16 AM

Mar 2009
Hey

Good work with taking over the club and getting stuff going again.
Well yea what can I say, I like to watch Anime and a lot at that, but it's been awhile since I've actually updated my list as there is just too much to watch at this stage. :P
Mar 31, 2012 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
Hey guys I joined MAL yesterday. It's really good to see fellow South Africans coming together here and I would love to join. Oh and i'm from Durban. Not many fans down here but nevertheless it's good to be an anime fan. I've only been one for 2 years now but I'm loving it. Lets keep on building up this club.
ShivarMar 31, 2012 10:09 AM
Apr 2, 2012 7:03 AM
Mar 2012
What's up guys pretty much alone here in KZN would be awesome to know of any other anime fans here! I made a South African Anime Club facebook page for people to chat it only has about 6 people so farplease join so it attracts more fans, I would also really like people to join as admins to post stuff for it.
Apr 2, 2012 12:44 PM
Apr 2012
Hey everyone.

A Capetonian here. I'd have made this club if there hadn't been one already! Glad to know I don't have to start from scratch.

Looking forward to this!

P.S. Zaelkrie, advertising for other sites is not allowed on here. Be careful.
"Holy shit I can't remember how I got to your page but thank you so much for posting that Clannad piano video it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard thank you I fucking love you man"

XD
Apr 5, 2012 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
Hi, I'm DvorakUser

I update my MAL list very slowly, but I've watched much, much more anime than there is on my list.

I study in Potchefstroom. I am the main archive of anime on campus, and am known there as Jessica (I'm a guy, so many lols ensue when people meet me).

Also, I've been trying to write an MAL updater, just like MALupdater by katori for about a year now. However, the MAL API gives me headaches, so anyone willing to help in this regard, please feel free to contact me!
Apr 13, 2012 8:53 AM
Jun 2011
Hello AnimeLovers! Lesa_chan here!

I'm currently studying in Cape Town. My anime journey began when I was seven years old, when I watched the SciFi channel on the old Dstv bouquet. And here I am 15years later, still in love. Glad to know there are others like me who appreciate this media/art form.
Apr 13, 2012 11:43 AM
Aug 2011
Hi Hi everybody! Really happy to be here and shiz :3

I absolutely love watching anime and reading manga! First thing I do when I get home after school! BTW I'm 16 years old Almost 17!! :] ( sooo exitied for my birthday!)
My name's Crystal ^.^

Fave anime so far : Fairy tail!!!
Apr 14, 2012 3:23 AM

Dec 2010
Sup people

Good to see an SA group and thanks to TrgrHappy for the invite. Im from JHB but I bounce between JHB and Bloem quite often.

See ya guys around.
Apr 14, 2012 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
Hey all.

Had been a member on MAL for awhile, but had never searched for a SA group, until last year I think and was somewhat surprised to find one(just goes to show what the limited SA-based anime community makes you think :P), but sadly wasn't so surprised to see it was no longer very active :(. BUT it's good to see that this group is becoming active again :).

Anyways, I'm originally from Pietermaritzburg in KZN, but now(and have been for awhile) living in Grahamstown in the EC. I'm currently studying at Rhodes University, and between studying, my part-time job and life in general, it really kills my time to watch anime...but as any true anime lover would do, I somehow make time for it, even if that means finding myself still awake at some random hour in the morning. My only bad habit as an anime fan is that I've never dropped a anime so far, and don't think I ever will...I always finish them, no matter what, I just might put them on-hold for awhile.

As for my anime list, it hasn't been updated in awhile, so it doesn't reflect all that I have watched and am watching. But will start updating it again, seen as I plan to be more active here again.
Apr 14, 2012 12:16 PM
Aug 2011
Greetings fellow citizens, I am currently experiencing severe nightmares because of all the sopa,pipa,acta,cispa(and whatever else the government still plans to create) mess currently going on. I need my weekly fairy-drug to stay alive
Apr 15, 2012 11:24 AM
Jan 2012
Konichiwa Minna-san.

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu. I'm down in the mother city. I've been a fan of anime for about 5years but recently realised that I've been a fan much longer, with Knights of the Zodiac (Saint Seiya) on SABC1 earlier 2000's, and dragonballZ, pokemon and yugioh on SABC2. Not forgetting Medabots and hamtaro.

Fav anime: Steins;Gate, Code Geass and High School of the Dead

I'm an avid viewer, always up to date with whatever I'm watching, though it's hard to get complete seasons of old anime on the net, and with slow internet here in SA

Does anyone know of anime shops and conventions happening in CPT?

Anyways thanks for the invite
Apr 16, 2012 8:47 AM

Mar 2011
Hey guys, Names Alex, Haven't been using MAL recently except for my list to record what i'm watching, I am South african though I am studying abroad. originally from Durban, nice to meet you all:)
Apr 16, 2012 11:31 PM
Apr 2012
Many new people here. Hi all. I'll be trying to stop by each of your profile pages.

iamAMR-3 said:
I'm down in the mother city ... Does anyone know of anime shops and conventions happening in CPT?

Another somone from CT! :) I don't think anime conventions exist in SA... I do know there are supposed to be shops, but I think they're all online.
"Holy shit I can't remember how I got to your page but thank you so much for posting that Clannad piano video it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard thank you I fucking love you man"

XD
Apr 17, 2012 1:10 PM
Jan 2012
Oof said:
I don't think anime conventions exist in SA

Of course not. What was I thinking? And when there is a major convention (Rage) then it's in Joburg
Apr 17, 2012 1:26 PM
Apr 2012
iamAMR-3 said:
Oof said:
I don't think anime conventions exist in SA

Of course not. What was I thinking? And when there is a major convention (Rage) then it's in Joburg

This strikes as particularly odd when you think about it, because Cape Town is way more weird/alternative/kooky than is Joburg... or any other place in SA, really.

XD
Apr 19, 2012 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
Heya

I'm M1ch3773... I'm a student in Potchefstroom...

Ummm... I watch anime and play games in my free time...

Have not updated my anime list in a while, too busy studying and stuff *Epic sad face*

Very excited about this group!

Send me a message if someone feels like talking! :3

Live long and prosper...
Apr 19, 2012 11:54 AM
Apr 2012
Welcome, M1ch! We've finally got a Potch! I was wondering when you'd start to show up. :D

XD
Apr 19, 2012 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
Welcome to all the new members :). Hope to see you all around and active in the threads XD.
Would love to know what TrgrHappy is doing to track down all the SAn members :P, but whatever it is, she is doing an awesome job :D
Apr 19, 2012 1:26 PM
Apr 2012
Penguin23 said:
Would love to know what TrgrHappy is doing to track down all the SAn members :P, but whatever it is, she is doing an awesome job :D

I wonder the same thing. She's this

awesome. TrgrHappy, explain yourself!

XD
Apr 19, 2012 2:26 PM
Dec 2006
Hello everyone, thanks for the invite.

I'll start by saying that I never actually update my list on this site. :P

I like anime a little bit. Just a little.
Like just enough to watch almost every series every season.
And sing along to virtually any anime OP or ED
And having learned Japanese just to watch stuff raw
And even being a fansubber for a few years.

... just a little.

I work part time and study part time and game part time at the moment. I work part time for a couple of Japanese companies including Good Smile Company, Kadokawa and Starchild - mostly with translations. I am also studying Linguistics at UNISA part time. Game-wise I'm currently a League of Legends player and looking forward to GW2

Anime I'm currently enjoying the most are probably Sankarea, Fate/Zero S2 and Eureka Seven AO.

Yoroshiku~
Never underestimate the power of cute catgirls....
Apr 19, 2012 3:06 PM

Sep 2008
Welcome everyone! Awesome to see so many new faces (only 5 more people and we would reach an amazingly 100) :D

Oof said:
Penguin23 said:

I wonder the same thing. She's this

I was taught never to reveal my secret sources :3
-------GW2 --------
Apr 19, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2009
Hi everyone! I was also somehow found by TrgrHappy after having not used this account since I signed up :P

Mainly I use my account at http://www.anime-planet.com/users/bluepalm/ just to roughly keep track of what I'm watching and what I've watched.

To put it bluntly, I try to have any anime I can get my hands on :P and to a certain extent I have succeeded :) ..now I'm forced to permanently download on my 384 to satisfy my needs (I can't wait for the line upgrades).

I am also a gamer...mostly Dota and HoN. I can't wait to get my hands on Diablo 3 or Dota2

(If anyone has a Dota2 beta key they are willing to part with I'd be eternally grateful :P)

Anime I am currently enjoying includes Aquarion Evol, the newly reignited Kenichi OVA, the second season of Eureka Seven as well as anything related to the Macross franchise.
Apr 19, 2012 6:03 PM
Apr 2012
Hi guys! At this rate I should just set up an automated response to fire off a "Hi everybody! Welcome to the club!" every three hours or so.

Phenie, that's an interesting story you've got.

MrEcho, I see you've watched quite a lot of series... and you're in the Western Cape... check your page, I'm firing off a missive ...!

MrEcho said:
bluepalm/.

Bluepalm, eh? ;) /coughcoughlaugh

XD
Apr 20, 2012 3:02 AM

Jun 2010
MrEcho said:
Hi everyone! I was also somehow found by TrgrHappy after having not used this account since I signed up :P

Same Here
Minna Whats up
Names Dark Ichigo

Love Anime and Games
Don't have time to update MAL cause either playing games or watching the latest animes
Been watching since 7 years old

Well will try to help you guys and get to know your'll^^
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dark_Ichigo&sclick=1">
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=7583">
IF THERE IS EVIL IN THIS WORLD,IT LURKS IN THE HEART
Apr 23, 2012 1:02 AM
Apr 2012
Hi Dark_Ichigo. Welcome to our corner of MAL, where the braaivleis braais, and the beer flows eternal!

XD
Apr 29, 2012 11:29 AM
Jul 2011
Hi everyone I am gald to see some Potch people here. I study part time and work full time in Potchefstroom. On campus my nickname is Wildsniper. Thanks for the invite. It's good to see we have a SA Club on MAL and I apreciate the effort in administrating it.
WilleWillersMay 12, 2012 10:17 AM
Apr 30, 2012 6:44 AM

Dec 2008
Hi everyone, glad to see this place has finally gotten some new life.

You can just call me Mith if you like. I'm from Pretoria originally and I've been watching anime for about a decade (not counting DBZ, Pokemon and so forth).

My love for anime and Japanese culture in general has driven me away from sunny South Africa for the moment however, and I live and work in Japan right now.

See you around.
May 2, 2012 9:27 AM
Apr 2012
Hi WW. You're our second active(-ish) Potch. :) Welcome!

Mith, I'm jealous.

XD
May 3, 2012 3:09 AM

Apr 2012
Hello all follow animeniacs;)

Im fairly new to the site but taken a liking to it .I've been watching anime for about 10 years , as well gaming, watching TV, series ,movies .Lately though I’ve given up on gaming as anime is better than the gamer coming out now.
Think ill cut out gaming now and focus on anime more .
Also maybe get round to the anime i had stared writing.
◦Remember this well. There are two types of fights. As we have put our lives in battle, we must be able to distinguish between the two. The fight to protect life, and the fight to protect pride.
Ukitake Jushiro (Bleach)

May 3, 2012 4:39 AM

Sep 2008
A huge welcome to the new members! Mith, what kind of business brought you to Japan? Must be a thrilling experience.
-------GW2 --------
May 5, 2012 2:46 AM

Dec 2008
Evening all, I used to be a member here once but it was dead in those days so I left, but I am glad to see there is life once again. I am of the "older generation" although a relative newcomer to anime and manga, really coming from a comic and animated movie genre. I live out on the west rand of JHB, a veritable anime desert, and do my own thing because I know how that anime will never really be big here. I used to collect figurines at one point but having been retrenched recently my collecting days are over. Now I seem to watch a lot of re-runs.

Have fun, and as they say in the classics:
May the Uguu be with you.
May the Uguu be with you.

May 8, 2012 11:24 AM
Apr 2012
Hi nixops! Glad to see my arm-twisting paid off! :D Welcome, and make yourself at home! ^^

XD
Jul 16, 2012 7:58 PM

Apr 2012
Hi everyone, thanks for the invite!!

Anyone else from Cape Town? Pleased to meet ya'll. I'm just a dude, really into anime, though I've noticed many bigger anime freaks than me on MAL, i don't actually know anyone thats really into anime in person, other than myself ofcourse. Anyway, just hoping to make some anome friends.
Jul 18, 2012 3:42 PM
Jul 2012
Hello all you can call me Dark or Angel I am male from heidelberg I don't work so i play a lot of games and watch a lot of anime with my bro all tho when I go to bed he watch anime with out me the little %@!%.... jk :D
hope to meet some of you in real life
Jul 23, 2012 4:19 AM
Jul 2012
Hey Eveyone.

im new on MAL. Glad i now have a site to arrange my anime habbits. Still some updates to be done to my anime list though. only started downloading my own anime recently, so im still struggling to get a solid system of downloading.

Glad to see there are some gamers here aswell. :D
Jul 23, 2012 3:59 PM
Jul 2012
welcome to the anime/games forum hope you enjoy it
Aug 7, 2012 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
AWE!!! :)

i can finally die in peace knowing that there are other anime/manga fans in SA. the only fans i know are the ones i "converted" myself lol. im from durban btw and iv been leeching anime from A friend and my bru-in-law. told my father to get uncapped internet n he got this kuk one now so i cant download myself. dont be shy to add me as a friend ;)
"To be a boy is to be a Fool. To be a fool is pure bliss"
Aug 7, 2012 10:32 PM

Sep 2008
Hi and welcome !
-------GW2 --------
Aug 12, 2012 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
'Ello minna!

I've been on MAL for a few months now - initially thought I'll just use it for some anime 'logging' and the whole recommendations system, but I guess a little socializin'/networkin' won't hurt. Anyhow, yeah, seriously passive Evangelion otaku, but I'll pretty much watch & enjoy anything. So, eh, yeah, add me if you feel like chattin' about anime or just some crap in general.

Anime banzai!!

PS. I'm currently in Malaysia, but visit SA about once a year.
PSS. Any fellow animation/multimedia students out there???
Aug 12, 2012 10:14 AM

Sep 2008
Ooh hi and welcome to the SA Anime club :D
Yeah this will be my last year as a multimedia student before graduating, most likely going into 3d animation after that.
-------GW2 --------
Sep 6, 2012 10:05 AM
Nov 2009
I've been on MAL a few times, only to get bored of updating the list, its so god-damn-slow...

Using Kotori's MAL Updater program now, much less effort to actually use this website now. Except the forum/comment thing, feels soooo mediocre...?

Anyhow, hi, i'm full of shit, nice to meet you.
Nov 4, 2012 7:08 AM
Nov 2012
hi there. i am nadia. i have been a fan of anime for about 11 years now. my husband is also a fan of anime.

i would like to make friends with other anime fans. i went to an anime party in 2004 wich was quite interesting. the main party room was decorated with anime and manga banners and a tv and dvd player was set up. we had japanese food and drinks. while the girls sat in the main room chatting about anime and watching anime the guys were all in the next room exchanging anime and movies aswell as series. i must say that i had a good time but i never heard of any new upcoming anime parties since then.

i would like to go to or host something simolar in or near my town.

ofcourse id like to chat about anime too and thats why i joined, the first anime i ever watched without realising it was anime was pokemon. haha
Nov 4, 2012 12:19 PM

Sep 2008
Welcome to MAL nadia :) Sounds like it was a pretty awesome party, although I'm not too sure if there are any regular parties going on nowadays, at least where I stay that is. Hope you enjoy your stay!
-------GW2 --------
Nov 6, 2012 4:07 AM
Nov 2012
Thanks for the welcome. To know more about me feel free to ask or take a look at my profile.
Nov 7, 2012 8:31 AM

Nov 2012
Hey saffers I'm new as well, love anime so so much!!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Buying Manga in South Africa

removed-user - Feb 4, 2018

2 by ATMG »»
Sep 23, 2019 12:50 PM

» Learning Japanese Advice

Cyberfire777 - Jan 7, 2017

1 by Hinayushii »»
Jun 25, 2017 7:54 PM

» Crunchyroll in South Africa

Jemuzu - Feb 6, 2016

1 by UknwWhu »»
May 14, 2016 1:40 AM

» Let's all form a whatsapp group!!

Shivar - Aug 3, 2012

38 by SakuraAnime »»
Apr 25, 2016 9:28 AM

» Fancon

removed-user - Apr 15, 2016

2 by removed-user »»
Apr 22, 2016 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.