Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2012 6:13 PM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ahaha this was lovely episode.
"papa, mama arigatou "
"Imo-chan !!!!!"
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 4, 2014 6:05 PM

Nov 2013
Agreed very heartwarming, I'm actually really enjoying these last few episodes, going with just one story a episode,really improved it.

I really like the new eyecatch too, last one's been bugging me for awhile since the love triangle isn't really there anymore.
Aug 24, 2015 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
ffuuuuuuckkk
this was actually touching
FUCK!
Feb 25, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2012
Ataru didnt actually mind Lum around today so as when he was called Papa with Lum as Mama. so i found it super cute and touching~~~
And the fairy was cute too~~
May 16, 2016 3:04 PM

May 2009
Imo chan!! So kawaii! Who knew she was a fairy! Ataru was so nice in this episode, especially with Lum, working together to protect Imo-chan! :)
Aug 20, 2016 1:58 PM

May 2012
Quite loved this episode, especially that ending! Let's see what's next.
Nov 13, 2016 4:50 PM

Nov 2012
Such creativity,never know what to expecting watching this.

Imo calling Lum and Ataru "Mama" and "Papa" seemed right.
May 28, 2019 5:08 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like Ataru found his daughter, pretty wholesome episode.
I also noticed that the stories aren't split up into two halves per episode anymore.

May 24, 2020 4:23 AM
Jul 2018

The Ol’ Pesticide-Cloaking trick! Not bad!

Still, filling an entire high school hallway with poisonous pesticide. Is the academic committee really gonna let Mendou’s blunder slide? Smh.

☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧

So, in a few episodes prior, Megane (the glasses kid) was seen doing a Nazi salute, which interested me and I researched it. It’s apparently a personality trait he was given: an “obsession with Nazi paraphernalia”, which I hadn’t really seen much of up until that moment. But in this episode, he was starting to match the traits listed on the site I got the information from, like being intimidating or giving off passionate speeches.

☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧

ALSO, WTF a NEW episode transition??? Gotta say, I like it a lot better than the topless Lum one though.

And speaking of transitions, this is the first episode (Episode 25) that has ever had such a smooth transition between segments. Ataru saw smoke, the screen faded to black as if designating commercial time, then the second segment returned DIRECTLY where it left off instead of starting a new scene or plot line. Again, this marks the very first time where we are brought to “where we left off” after the transition. Interesting.

And these “one-segmented” episodes are the b o m b. I really wasn’t digging those two-segmented episodes, where they cram a bunch of chaos into 11 minute segments to compensate for two segments in 22 minutes. The one-segmented episodes have a lot more content and dare I say it, intricacy, per plot line. This entire caterpillar episode had a slower more relaxed pace. When the characters have more time to interact with things and each other, we become more interested. This is one of the first episodes I can say I fully enjoyed.
May 24, 2020 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
Three other observations:
1. Ataru was actually more down-to-earth in this episode. For the most part, very respectful and even admirable. This is the most positive traits from Ataru throughout the entire series up until this point. He even had some pleasant, friendly moments with Lum. Man, I wish more episodes could be like this.
2. Once Ataru and Lum were cornered on the balcony, I finally realized… WHY TF DIDN’T LUM JUST TAKE THE CATERPILLAR AND FLY AWAY FROM THE SCHOOL!?!?!?! Why did Lum and the caterpillar have to remain on school grounds throughout the day? Idiots.
3. In contrast to everything else I’ve said, the ending was stupid. In the words of Mendou: “Somehow, this doesn’t move me much.” I guess I'm in the minority because everyone else in this forum is using words like "wholesome" and "touching". A bit cheesy for my tastes. Nevertheless, this episode actually had a lesson and a moral, so that's certainly something.
Feb 10, 2021 10:46 AM

May 2010
I liked how it was one segment, but I hope it’s not that way all the time. Sometimes if there’s a segment I don’t like, I’d rather it only take half an episode than a full one. That being said, I liked this full segment. The “caterpillar” was ultra cute and I liked seeing Lum and Ataru pair up on saving it from the students lol
Jun 3, 2022 3:09 PM

Nov 2016
I was skeptical of this episode in the beginning, but it pleasantly surprised me how sweet it turned out :) This series knows how to switch it up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 18, 2023 5:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A very interesting caterpillar!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 4 Discussion

Five-Magics - Aug 5, 2014

11 by ReConstructor »»
28 seconds ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 3 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Feb 13, 2011

16 by ReConstructor »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 2 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Feb 13, 2011

20 by ReConstructor »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 153 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Dec 17, 2016

9 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 55 Discussion

greenmarty - Mar 21, 2012

4 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 22, 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.