Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2012 10:27 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked how Mei was acting cute, yet it feels like she is the extra one. But I'm looking forward to more development between Kouichi and her, they are getting closer and I have a feeling that eventually the class will turn on them.

Concerning the other other girl, I thought she was the aunt but it looks like she has another role to play since she didn't die when I really felt that she was the victim this episode.

As for the tape, it was obvious that it something would happen before they heard the contents, still I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Mar 5, 2012 10:45 AM

Feb 2012
"Body Paint" hit the ground running hard after the relative reprieve of last week, and the tension builds to both the anti-climax of the cassette tape and the climax of the double deaths. Solid episode. The only issue I have with it is the dream sequence, which felt shoehorned and, at the same time, wasn't at all impactful because we saw its key shots in the preview last week.

A couple of thoughts:
- Chibiki is lying, or at the very least not what he seems. The revelation that he is the drama club advisor -- and evidently a competent actor -- must be significant; it wasn't played up enough to be a red herring and no mystery scriptwriter would drop a superfluous detail like that.
- Mei never ceases to be moe, attaching the flower brooch to her head.
- Does the phenomenon have some power over the future? It knew the contingent from Class 3 was going to the resort to talk to Matsunaga, and acted accordingly in advance. (Kind of reminds me of how the curse in Uzumaki acted whenever someone tried to leave town.) Well anyway, that throws away the theory from last week that the phenomenon can strike when the Another is present.
Mar 5, 2012 10:46 AM

Aug 2011
Nice episode but yet again it seems like Mei is the deceased one. Especially with the next episode name Glass Eye. Could be to distract people from the truth or something.

Mei and Kouichi are as always very cute together. I wonder who's the dead one in the preview for next week? Or is it a flashback again?

And as many people thought, the dead didnt return from the afterlife, just another nice relaxed dream :p
Mar 5, 2012 10:49 AM

Feb 2012
Jourii said:
Nice episode but yet again it seems like Mei is the deceased one. Especially with the next episode name Glass Eye. Could be to distract people from the truth or something.

The episode titles have been based on the process of making a ball-jointed doll. So far it doesn't look like they have any deep significance for each individual episode. (But overall, I suppose they could be referring to Mei.)
Mar 5, 2012 10:55 AM

Dec 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Jourii said:

The episode titles have been based on the process of making a ball-jointed doll. So far it doesn't look like they have any deep significance for each individual episode. (But overall, I suppose they could be referring to Mei.)

Glass eye has something to do with her eye... I am 100% sure... Something will happen involving her eye...
Mar 5, 2012 10:55 AM

Aug 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Jourii said:

Lol, havent been paying attention to any of the episode titles to be honest, only noticed Glass eye this time hehe.

@akutasame94 Indeed, makes sense since she says she can see all kind of stuff anyways
Mar 5, 2012 10:58 AM

Feb 2012
akutasame94 said:
Glass eye has something to do with her eye... I am 100% sure... Something will happen involving her eye...

I agree, I'm just not convinced it will happen next episode.
Mar 5, 2012 11:06 AM
Jun 2011
This just in: bulldozer kills NEET.

A shit load of people died this week, and it was a good episode, too.

And the tape part was just very predictable, the jock breaks the tape before they hear the important part.
Hi.
Mar 5, 2012 11:08 AM

Nov 2008
Ekutah said:

There was to be some fanservice once in a while. Not that I mind. lol
Mar 5, 2012 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
ClementIV said:
Ekutah said:

There was to be some fanservice once in a while. Not that I mind. lol

I didn't even notice it. A very minor case of fanservice xD
If you're mad of this pantyshot you mustve freaked out during last episode? XD
Mar 5, 2012 11:13 AM

May 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Jourii said:

I've always found the titles suspicious and disturbing from the whole beginning. They keep leading me back to Mei as well... that plus all the weird dolls at the beginning of the show.. I don't like it. x:

Just makes me more curious as to how it will really be.
Mar 5, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2012
Ekutah said:

I also love how Kouichi looks to be staring right at Mei's pasty white legs... >_<
Mar 5, 2012 11:24 AM

Dec 2011
That girl and her parents so went flying off that road. I really want to know what else is on that tape now.
Mar 5, 2012 11:27 AM

Nov 2009
Nice. I love the way that guy got hit by lightning xD.
Mar 5, 2012 11:27 AM

May 2011
They're just dropping like flies now. Like moths hitting a bug zapper.

The story is kind of getting out of hand. With so many people dieing from the class every year you'd think the curse would be a national phenomena story. That it would be as closely scrutinized by scholar and enthusiasts as the Bermuda Triangle. Is the body count up to 10 now with the actress wannabe family flying off the cliff? They still have like 7 months to go.

I mean the story and the mystery is still pretty good. I like the whole trying to gather clues on how to stop the curse now that their initial efforts failed.

However, the deaths toll numbers are getting excessive and it's actually beginning to take away from the overall plot. It's like they're showing a new death at every episode ending to keep you hooked. It's now starting to have the opposite effect for me.
CirrisMar 5, 2012 11:31 AM
Mar 5, 2012 11:28 AM

Dec 2009
Kinda disappointed after the intense preview last week. It was just a dream -_-' damn.
The episode was kinda slow.

But still pretty darn good. The preview was again hella intense.

4/5

Nov 2009
Vokoca said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Jourii said:

I've always found the titles suspicious and disturbing from the whole beginning. They keep leading me back to Mei as well... that plus all the weird dolls at the beginning of the show.. I don't like it. x:

Just makes me more curious as to how it will really be.

Yeah, it does speak about making a doll, an artificial "Another" of a real person. Anyway, the next ep's title might foresee a revelation about what Mei's glass eye could really do. After all, although the titles are steps of a doll-making procedure, they are figurative. Like that one title, "Put Flesh", the calamity was "really fleshed out" in the ep with such title.

Glass eyes...a mirror of the dead? Ü

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~

May 2011
bakuramariks said:
Nice. I love the way that guy got hit by lightning xD.

I was actually hoping that would be more violent, but oh well... :D
Mar 5, 2012 11:34 AM

Dec 2011
That rock gave me a fucking heart attack.
Mar 5, 2012 11:34 AM
Feb 2012
Yet another episode that kept me at the edge of my seat; especially during the scene with the tape. Can't wait to listen to the rest of it. Ugh, only three episodes left and it's getting really tense.

5/5 of course
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 5, 2012 11:35 AM

May 2010
intense episode. i was on the edge all the time kinda
Mar 5, 2012 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
You'd think just about everybody born in the early 80s would know how to fix a cassette tape.

As for the episode, I liked it but I wanted a little more plot development than what we ended up getting.
Mar 5, 2012 11:37 AM

Aug 2011
Well that was freaking intense. I knew the 2 girls were definitely going to die, but it was a twist that one girl's brother died instead.

Dammit, so mad at Teshi-whatshisname. I wanted to hear all of the tape!
Mar 5, 2012 11:38 AM

Feb 2012
witchhuntress said:

That would make sense, considering Mei is so confident that both she and Kouichi aren't the Another.
Mar 5, 2012 11:52 AM

Dec 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
witchhuntress said:

That would make sense, considering Mei is so confident that both she and Kouichi aren't the Another.

Agreed...

I don't know why but I think her eye sees dead one... I have a feeling that somebody told me that,but I can't remember... Damn it must be the curse :P
Mar 5, 2012 11:57 AM

Jul 2005
akutasame94 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
witchhuntress said:

Agreed...

I don't know why but I think her eye sees dead one... I have a feeling that somebody told me that,but I can't remember... Damn it must be the curse :P

I gotta agree to this. I mean, didn't Mei say in some ep that the eye can see something that shouldn't been seen??
Mar 5, 2012 12:03 PM

Feb 2009
Ritsuka said:
akutasame94 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
witchhuntress said:

Agreed...

I gotta agree to this. I mean, didn't Mei say in some ep that the eye can see something that shouldn't been seen??

Maybe it's not so much that she cans see with it, but that the dead person has no reflection in her eye? Did Kouichi ever stand in front of a mirror (so that Mei can see herself) when Mei had her eye uncovered? This is probably just me tying things to vampire legends. =P
Mar 5, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2011
fuck that death was just mad, he was sitting on his computer all casually and WHAM! he gets a crane rammed up his ass

man i hated it when they stopped the recording, i was all tensed up waiting to hear the most interesting part.......but then that BAKA teshigawara had to break the recording

i really wonder what the secret is, and who the next victim will be, i find myself looking forward to how the next one will die

this is just another creepy episode
Mar 5, 2012 12:11 PM

Jan 2012
WOW! They really trolled us with last week's preview.

Also, I predict that we will be seeing much more bloodshed in future episodes.

Interesting that the bunch that were digging around weren't scared shitless like the rest of the class.
Mei also appears to be confident that no harm will come to her. I think that she still knows more than she's letting on. Also, If her eye can see things that should be unseen, why has she not taken off the eyepatch in class?
Mar 5, 2012 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode. It really built the tension <3

Btw, hands up who knew Mei would be there when they decided to meet in the arts clubroom

Also, I somewhat expected the return of the dead to be another nightmare. This anime is more subtle than just have the dead return from the grave.

On a KouichiXMei shipping side note, I liked how he saved her from the falling glass shards after trying to open the window.

Oh, and in that room where they listened to the tape, I already thought "wtf, did he just take the tape from the player w/o stopping it first?". I totally agree with Mei's comment on this.
Well, he now knows not to do it again.. I hope they have the tape repaired by next episode.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 5, 2012 12:13 PM

Sep 2010
Dead people returning was just a dream.
During the trip of the previous class 3, two students died. One struck by lightening, another by slipping and rolling off the mountain.
One girl's brother dies because a crane smashes into their house, one girl and her parents die because the car's glass gets smashed and they drove right off the cliff. She was my favourite. Seems like she really had a problem with glass until the very end.

To be honest, I didn't like this episode too much. It feels like too much happened, yet nothing really happened at the same time. Maybe it's just me.

Saw a dead dude in the preview for the next episode, I wonder who it is. And Akazawa freaking out? Mmm.
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Mar 5, 2012 12:14 PM

Oct 2011
Misuryu said:
Same here, the lightning did too. I thought they'd get a car against car crash, and then BAMMM.

Great episode, the animation and sound is as good as ever.
Mar 5, 2012 12:16 PM

Dec 2011
Virtual_BS said:
WOW! They really trolled us with last week's preview.

Also, I predict that we will be seeing much more bloodshed in future episodes.

Interesting that the bunch that were digging around weren't scared shitless like the rest of the class.
Mei also appears to be confident that no harm will come to her. I think that she still knows more than she's letting on. Also, If her eye can see things that should be unseen, why has she not taken off the eyepatch in class?

She'll take it off in next episode, at least preview showed us that... Also preview was awesome... Everybody crying, even Akazawa... I think Mochizuki will die since he took the tape....
Mar 5, 2012 12:16 PM

May 2011
scary crap but now im seeing every ending someone dies, i find it exiting and worry whos next, how many eps left now? :D
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Mar 5, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, that ending - sitting in front of a PC, and then suddenly-- splat! And you're gone. I involuntarily turned around - the poster of Joker from Batman and "Why so serious?" written in blood didn't help too much.

It's getting better and better - while the entire premise bases on some cheap and overused (in American horrors) nuances, it does it in a very effective way. For me it's the anime of the season - Nisemono is pure fan service by now, and Nichibros, albeit really good, are in a different league altogether. With merely three episodes left I can't help but wonder how it will all be wrapped up. Dammit, can't wait for the next episode. And of course 5/5 for this week's one.

Mar 5, 2012 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
sleeplesstown said:
You'd think just about everybody born in the early 80s would know how to fix a cassette tape.
I'm sure anyone could do a quick fix with a little bit of ingenuity and patience. It wouldn't need to be perfect, just functional to play once.

I would just reel it in to the broken point (where it was paused) from both ends, mend it with sellotape, and continue listening from that point. Instant Fix.
Mar 5, 2012 12:46 PM
Aug 2010
Man...just when I thought this anime was going downhill after the beach episode, it gets back up!!!

Great episode

Many suspenseful moments and now we're all wondering what's on the tape?!?!?

Can't wait for next week's episode.

Misuryu said:

LOL, I gotta admit.....I did jump a little XD
Mar 5, 2012 12:50 PM

May 2008
Misuryu said:
Same here also the lightning strike.
Mar 5, 2012 1:10 PM
Jan 2011
RIP list update

1st 4 eyes girl
2nd Nurse
3rd the whilstle blower
4th the teacher
5th, some dude with car sickness
6th the short haired girl
7th the soaking girl's brother
8th who'll be next?

Only 3 more episodes to go.
Mar 5, 2012 1:13 PM
Feb 2012
Wow this was fucking intense . I feel really sorry for the drama girl she was my fav but i knew she was gonna die all along :( but at least her parents wont be sad since they died with her and it was a quick death . The dream didnt live any impact on me since many of us already knew that it was going to happen,but to me this anime is pretty depressing , i hope in the end they travel back in time and change the future where everybody is happy YAY lol just kidding
anyway lets sum up the info's from this ep:
1.from the deaths and the boat death explanation i think this curse has another way of working , maybe it just raises the chances of dying " they are closer to death"(sprayed ankle-running-pointy umbrella ; old elevator ; heart conditions ; etc)
2.praying at the shrine didnt work but it seems it did caused something
Mar 5, 2012 1:14 PM
Jun 2011
Nasty001 said:
RIP list update

1st 4 eyes girl
2nd Nurse
3rd the whilstle blower
4th the teacher
5th, some dude with car sickness
6th the short haired girl
7th the soaking girl's brother
8th who'll be next?

Only 3 more episodes to go.

0) kidney failure
1) umbrella-piercing-neck death
2) 13-story-freefall-in-an-elevator death
3) HNNNG death
4) neck-rending death
5) nice boat death (subverted as physical brain damage death)
6) lightning rod death
7) TUMBLIN DOOOOOWN! death
8) Bird-shat-on-your-windshield death
9) It's-time-to-stop-posting-/a/non death
You missed a few.
Hi.
Mar 5, 2012 1:17 PM

Jan 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Yet another episode that kept me at the edge of my seat; especially during the scene with the tape. Can't wait to listen to the rest of it. Ugh, only three episodes left and it's getting really tense.

5/5 of course

Tense indeed! And just when i thought that no one will die in the episode. A whole family died together with that girl's brother. And they are all trying their best to stop the calamity with no actual results but to learn a bit more of the mysteries behind it.
I kind of have an idea who the dead one is and i'll see these series through to the end to verify that.

Mar 5, 2012 1:17 PM
Sep 2011
Though I wished the dream sequence had been better executed I was kept at the edge of my seat nonetheless the entire second half of the episode. The underlying sense of danger was immense. The whole time I expected something to happen to the two girls and suspected the one girl going home to get knocked over by the digger but against all odds it was actually her brother who kicked the bucket eventually.
Mar 5, 2012 1:20 PM

May 2011
Misuryu said:

I knew she'd die (they were driving in the rain, after all), but I just thought they'd be hit by an on-coming truck or something. I was leaned in an inch from the screen, volume up, waiting to see the front of the car that was gonna kill em, when

CRASH! "Oh, shit!!"

I've gotta stop doing that. xD
Mar 5, 2012 1:20 PM

Jun 2011
sayami said:
Misuryu said:
Same here also the lightning strike.

I was listening to the episode with stereo closed back headphones, high volume, and it was insane. I nearly went deaf (and heart attack too).

Really good episode however. Filled with a bunch of foreshadow and suspense. I knew something would happened before the tape finished, but that dosen't mean I'm not frustrated with it. I hope we'll find out what's on that tape a week from now.

Also, show of hands, who thinks something's going to happen to Mochizuki next episode?
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Mar 5, 2012 1:21 PM

Feb 2012
I jumped at the lighting XD
Mar 5, 2012 1:24 PM

Feb 2012
so i reeeeeeeally enjoyed this episode! i knew of course we wouldn't get to know the full contents of the tape but as long as things progress swiftly, i'll be okay. q:
lots of death, yummy yummy.~

and i jumped when that rock or whatever it was hit the windshield ahahahaha. xD
and that sucks to fall down the cliff like that; and be hit by a truck like that. :c

GOOOD EPISODE <3 i'd like to see more progress with much more kouchi x mei moments now please. :3
Mar 5, 2012 1:25 PM

Jan 2010
That lightning was a bitch ! Scared the crap out of me !
Mar 5, 2012 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
this is so amazing
Mar 5, 2012 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
This episode trolled us in so many ways. First with the Hyped up Dream-Sequence. Secondly with the tape predictably breaking right before the good bit.

And does anyone else get terrified when they see a truck drive by the opposite way when you're turning a corner on the side of a mountain. This episode re-awakened that fear for me.

Anyway, 5/5. I can feel the climax approaching.
No.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.