Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 1, 2008 9:48 AM

Sep 2007
The Ranka hate in this thread is making me lawl. Goodness, and Ranka is being called a traitor? What, is there only black and white in this world now? I thought there was always a gray gap in between. But I guess everybody in the world just has to be either on the good side or the bad side. There's just no way anybody could be anything else. Obviously.

Anyien said:
And it´s hard to to have a ending with a character who will soon die....

It might be a little difficult but it is possible so don't write it off just yet. Actually at this point, I don't really want anybody with Alto. I think everybody still needs to grow up a bit (if not more) first. D:
Sep 1, 2008 11:20 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
angel999 said:

Your hope is a idioticity. You think I have time to waste even answering such a opinion. I merely state what I think and express. In exchange I get response and a chance to see how people like you feel.

This is exactly trolling

Definition form Wikipedia: Troll (Internet): a person who is deliberately inflammatory on the Internet in order to provoke a vehement response from other users.

You just said it yourself. "In exchange I get response and a chance to see how people like you feel"

Anyway, before condamning the Vajra and Ranka, let's wait till the end of the series to see who's the one to blame.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 1, 2008 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
Anyien said:
hirahira said:
I actually liked Ranka better after this episode. But it looks like it will definitely be a AltoxSheryl ending now D:

Why?

Do you really think Alto, with the personality he have, will let Ranka go just like that? He will chase her even if he have to do it alone

And it´s hard to to have a ending with a character who will soon die....

That's what I thought at first too. but the lyrics to the song really made it look like they were trying to say that Alto would never return her feelings. It sounds like she just gave up.
Sep 1, 2008 4:54 PM

Jul 2008
wakka9ca said:
angel999 said:

Your hope is a idioticity. You think I have time to waste even answering such a opinion. I merely state what I think and express. In exchange I get response and a chance to see how people like you feel.

This is exactly trolling

Definition form Wikipedia: Troll (Internet): a person who is deliberately inflammatory on the Internet in order to provoke a vehement response from other users.

You just said it yourself. "In exchange I get response and a chance to see how people like you feel"

Anyway, before condamning the Vajra and Ranka, let's wait till the end of the series to see who's the one to blame.

That is definition correct? I AM NOT AND NEVER WAS EVEN IN INTENTION THE FOLLOWING: a person deliberately inflammatory on the Internet

So before you judge let me say this to you: screw you buddy cause you ain't GOD and he's the only judger.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 1, 2008 5:09 PM

Feb 2008
-_-.....
Sep 1, 2008 5:13 PM
Feb 2008
A Ranka x Alto ending would be a complete cop out imo. Boring as HELL. An Alto x Sheryl ending would be much more satisfying. Heck, how about an Alto solo ending following Sheryl's inevitable death; that would beat all but may also be...gasp...too real?

We can only hope (of which I have non concerning any kind of satisfying Code Geas R2 conclusion).

Sep 1, 2008 7:48 PM

Dec 2007
angel999 said:
Tekky99 said:
If everyone else will become hardcore Ranka haters

Then I shall be the sole Ranka lover.
Her choice was very Eureka Seven like... and I really hated it when Alto said "All vajra are evil!!!"

I pose this question then to Alto, have you met every single vajra? how do you know that every vajra wants to kill humans.

Ranka-san 4ever!!! *sniff*

As for Sheryl... she's still a stuck up bitch that needs to have a microphone shoved down her throat. Yes, that'd make me VERY happy.

*prepares for flames*

All I got to say to this is....are you sure you can even endure the rock barrage she would get from the crowd. Buddy NO ONE SUPPORTS someone who is friends with Vajra and before you convince anyone in this world of Macross Frontier...you would get shot along with Ranka and her Vajra......

.......Still want to join with Ranka???? It's like supporting Nazis or Neo-Nazis now......The Neo-Nazis never killed any Jews....of course not they are new people who got born but does not make them spic span clean and people will not forget about the Nazis, so I doubt people will accept any of the BS Vajra being friendly.

There this is the first flame!

whoawhoawhoa, only an anime here! dont get so intense.

inretrospect, im a ranka hater too so.......*torches Tekky99!!!!!!*
Sep 1, 2008 7:54 PM

Dec 2007
Otakuman said:
A Ranka x Alto ending would be a complete cop out imo. Boring as HELL. An Alto x Sheryl ending would be much more satisfying. Heck, how about an Alto solo ending following Sheryl's inevitable death; that would beat all but may also be...gasp...too real?

We can only hope (of which I have non concerning any kind of satisfying Code Geas R2 conclusion).

macross' fandom is divided too strongly into two camps (sheryl's and ranka's) that a solo alto might be the only solution.
then again: it can be that alto chooses sheryl over ranka at the end, but sheryl dies. because, really, no one suits sheryl better than alto
Sep 1, 2008 8:03 PM

Jul 2008
pendragon said:
angel999 said:
Tekky99 said:

Her choice was very Eureka Seven like... and I really hated it when Alto said "All vajra are evil!!!"

I pose this question then to Alto, have you met every single vajra? how do you know that every vajra wants to kill humans.

As for Sheryl... she's still a stuck up bitch that needs to have a microphone shoved down her throat. Yes, that'd make me VERY happy.

*prepares for flames*

All I got to say to this is....are you sure you can even endure the rock barrage she would get from the crowd. Buddy NO ONE SUPPORTS someone who is friends with Vajra and before you convince anyone in this world of Macross Frontier...you would get shot along with Ranka and her Vajra......

.......Still want to join with Ranka???? It's like supporting Nazis or Neo-Nazis now......The Neo-Nazis never killed any Jews....of course not they are new people who got born but does not make them spic span clean and people will not forget about the Nazis, so I doubt people will accept any of the BS Vajra being friendly.

After seeing Tekky99 being torched... *Angel999 backs up all inquiries about such action coming from person known as "pendragon"*

I know it's anime but don't forget: EMOTIONS AND EMOTIONS! To follow is simply expressing them.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 1, 2008 10:03 PM

Dec 2007
angel999 said:
pendragon said:
angel999 said:
Tekky99 said:

*prepares for flames*

After seeing Tekky99 being torched... *Angel999 backs up all inquiries about such action coming from person known as "pendragon"*

I know it's anime but don't forget: EMOTIONS AND EMOTIONS! To follow is simply expressing them.

heya....at least im not flamming about nazism...you sounded so serious there!
dont you think its rather exhausting to let emotions take over for such a long time? Frontier 21 ended four days ago
Sep 2, 2008 2:35 AM

Jul 2008
pendragon said:
angel999 said:
pendragon said:
angel999 said:
Tekky99 said:

*prepares for flames*

heya....at least im not flamming about nazism...you sounded so serious there!
dont you think its rather exhausting to let emotions take over for such a long time? Frontier 21 ended four days ago

Well, the emotions are a part of my religious thingy. We are instructed to sometimes keep the emotions in order to have a hiden energy reserve for magical purpose but all of this is only relevant to my duties in which I believe through religion.

Other than that it would be hard to explain.

The nazis stuff was just a example of the many that could have been used. People are just more affected by it because of historical implication.
Sep 2, 2008 9:09 AM

Mar 2008

C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
FotonSep 2, 2008 9:15 AM
Sep 2, 2008 9:58 AM

Jul 2008
LAH-Foton said:

C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Is it really that good...I HAVE GIVEN UP on American movies because just saw too much and like the Japanese stuff more.

I know about Batman and nah just getting too old for me.
Sep 2, 2008 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
no, the message is just like what the Joker said.

"Why so serious?"

to quote the (modified) MST3K mantra.

"It's just an anime, I really should just relax."
Sep 2, 2008 11:32 AM

Jul 2008
LAH-Foton said:
no, the message is just like what the Joker said.

"Why so serious?"

to quote the (modified) MST3K mantra.

"It's just an anime, I really should just relax."

Ok, yeah I get it but still I am sometimes fired up!
Sep 2, 2008 12:30 PM

Mar 2008
Okay. Ranka's gone. The vajra have their queen now. Sing with them in another galaxy please. And don't come back with them.
Sep 2, 2008 5:32 PM

Jul 2008
Oh wow, I don't think I've seen so much hate directed at a female character since Gundam Wing...

I was hoping for Ranka and Sheryl to be friends at the end, and sing a world-saving duet or something. But that's going down the drain fast so I'm just gonna hope Ozma and Kathy survive and get together. =X
Sep 2, 2008 5:36 PM

Jul 2008
akuma2002 said:
Okay. Ranka's gone. The vajra have their queen now. Sing with them in another galaxy please. And don't come back with them.

You forgot to add if you come back we will shoot you and your Vajra friends.
Sep 2, 2008 7:12 PM

Mar 2008
thank god Ranka left

alto x sheryl FTW!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2008 12:20 PM

Mar 2008
Sheryl has been gaining points and Ranka has been losing some, particularly since Sheryl has been taking on the role of the Fallen Princess who doesn't have much time on her hand. Then again, Ranka is no less better off, being utterly, utterly used as a political pawn. If anything, I felt sorry for both of them.

Most people here overlook the possibility that the Vajra, as displayed by Ai-kun, can be tamed and domesticated. Though I guess, since they killed Michel, it is far from relevant.
Sep 3, 2008 12:27 PM

Mar 2008
kaminakun said:
thank god Ranka left

alto x sheryl FTW!

Do you really think Alto will just say "oh well" and jump into Sheryl´s arms?

Think about Alto´s personality a little please, he will go after Ranka even if he is allowed or not. That´s just who he is. nd i don´t even think Alto himself know who he loves.

Sep 3, 2008 12:44 PM
Jun 2007
Anyien said:
nd i don´t even think Alto himself know who he loves.

Please let it be Klan. that would be the ideal ending for this show.
Sep 3, 2008 3:16 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm THAT was some episode, not too cheesy, well-developped, psychological and still with sufficient emotion and action. Very good episode I think.

I don't know anymore who's Alto's favourite, it's incrinsingly harder to tell since the episodes are mixed between Sheryll and Ranka, but a a Ranka x Alto would be very surprinsing and original (well, we're heading to a "Ranka becomes the queen of the Vajra" scenario, so Alto will have to save her in the end and maybe he'll choose her? Unlikely though.) since pure logic would be that he ends up with Sheryll for obvious scenaristic reasons. But she hasn't a really important role now that she's not the main singer nor a true main character (she has far less screen time than Ranka or Alto in the anime) but on the other hand, as Lin Minmay became the most important protagonist in the scenario of the first Macross, Hikaru choose Misa instead of her, so it's not totally unexpected or unheard of.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 3, 2008 4:56 PM

Oct 2007
Was quiet a good episode. Ranka has finally done what she should have done episodes ago. She is lucky that Breira helps her[being her cyborg brother/friend]. SOME TROLLS HERE FORGET, THAT PEACE IS THE BEST AND ONLY WAY TO CLEAR IT ALL UP. All people say is: kill Leon and Grace, but don't talk about how to stop them. Leon betraying her so very unlikely, as she seems to be the most powerful cyborg/whatever we have ever seen and should be able to kill him in no time. I just hope that she doesn't interfere with Ranka and Breiras plan/doings for some time. What does Grace even want? To controll the Vajeira, to mass produce them as weapons? What old/ancient motives does she follow? Is she a ultra right human?^^
If Ranka can act as a queen for the Vaijeira and stop them from attacking the humans( for the unkown reason they are attacking them) all would be good.

My prediction is, that Grace will contol Breira in some way to harm Ranka or the Vajeira, so that they attack the Frontier again...

-> NO more senseless hate please. tz Act acording to your age. My sentence was half yelled, I admit, but mostly to attract attention. And that's what you try to do just EVERY time too. Seeking attention or trying to yell, which is meaningless, since we can't hear your voice, it won't intimidate us.^^ You can't persuade someone through capitals in the internet.

From Encyclopedia Dramatica XD
Also, don't forget NOT TO CAPITALIZE EVERY FUCKING WORD. If you do, people who don't have a fascination with the shift key will shit on your spaghetti and call you Shirley.

SchabrakSep 3, 2008 5:08 PM
^_^ ^_^
Sep 3, 2008 6:43 PM

Jul 2008
Jacut said:
Hmmm THAT was some episode, not too cheesy, well-developped, psychological and still with sufficient emotion and action. Very good episode I think.

I don't know anymore who's Alto's favourite, it's incrinsingly harder to tell since the episodes are mixed between Sheryll and Ranka, but a a Ranka x Alto would be very surprinsing and original (well, we're heading to a "Ranka becomes the queen of the Vajra" scenario, so Alto will have to save her in the end and maybe he'll choose her? Unlikely though.) since pure logic would be that he ends up with Sheryll for obvious scenaristic reasons. But she hasn't a really important role now that she's not the main singer nor a true main character (she has far less screen time than Ranka or Alto in the anime) but on the other hand, as Lin Minmay became the most important protagonist in the scenario of the first Macross, Hikaru choose Misa instead of her, so it's not totally unexpected or unheard of.

Yeah about that last part it corellates more to Sheryl. My explanation: Sheryl=Misa and Lynn Min Mai=Ranka. Misa and Hikari know each other way before Hikari rescues Lynn so naturally he went for her considering he spent more time with her than Lynn Min Mai though Lynn is more popular than Misa.

This being said Alto knew Sheryl way before Ranka but like Hikari he rescues her and becomes familiar and attracted. Alto does not want either to DIE that is for sure BUT he cannot decide unless THE CRITICAL MOMENT happens the so called climax or the aftermath of it.

Hopefully Sheryl will be the one just like Misa was the one for Hikari but Ranka saves all..."GRIN" I just hope Ranka dies with those Vajras that's all.
Sep 3, 2008 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
Schabrak said:
Was quiet a good episode. Ranka has finally done what she should have done episodes ago. She is lucky that Breira helps her[being her cyborg brother/friend]. SOME TROLLS HERE FORGET, THAT PEACE IS THE BEST AND ONLY WAY TO CLEAR IT ALL UP. All people say is: kill Leon and Grace, but don't talk about how to stop them. Leon betraying her so very unlikely, as she seems to be the most powerful cyborg/whatever we have ever seen and should be able to kill him in no time. I just hope that she doesn't interfere with Ranka and Breiras plan/doings for some time. What does Grace even want? To controll the Vajeira, to mass produce them as weapons? What old/ancient motives does she follow? Is she a ultra right human?^^
If Ranka can act as a queen for the Vaijeira and stop them from attacking the humans( for the unkown reason they are attacking them) all would be good.

My prediction is, that Grace will contol Breira in some way to harm Ranka or the Vajeira, so that they attack the Frontier again...

-> NO more senseless hate please. tz Act acording to your age. My sentence was half yelled, I admit, but mostly to attract attention. And that's what you try to do just EVERY time too. Seeking attention or trying to yell, which is meaningless, since we can't hear your voice, it won't intimidate us.^^ You can't persuade someone through capitals in the internet.

From Encyclopedia Dramatica XD
Also, don't forget NOT TO CAPITALIZE EVERY FUCKING WORD. If you do, people who don't have a fascination with the shift key will shit on your spaghetti and call you Shirley.

Thanks friend but I have some personal problems in life so maybe I WANT ATTENTION! But no harm intended of course no matter what.

Listen the comment was serious. A human being getting killed by A SOMETHING called Vajra and then the person who know best sides with them!? O_O KILL the person and the stupid thing along I say! After all that thing killed your human friend right?

I'll leave it at that.
Sep 3, 2008 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
Anyien said:

I don't care what Alto is going to do. My point was I rather see Sheryl X Alto rather than the bunny ear Ranka X Alto.

Anyien said:

Think about Alto´s personality a little please, he will go after Ranka even if he is allowed or not. That´s just who he is. nd i don´t even think Alto himself know who he loves.

Like I said above, I am NOT trying to predict what Alto will do. I just want Sheryl to have more time with Alto since her life might not last long either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2008 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
Anyien said:

I don't care what Alto is going to do. My point was I rather see Sheryl X Alto rather than the bunny ear Ranka X Alto.

Anyien said:

Like I said above, I am NOT trying to predict what Alto will do. I just want Sheryl to have more time with Alto since her life might not last long either.

Lover suicide maybe???
Sep 3, 2008 9:21 PM

Jun 2008
Avarice said:
Anyien said:
nd i don´t even think Alto himself know who he loves.

Please let it be Klan. that would be the ideal ending for this show.

That would be so awesome! xD
Sep 4, 2008 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
needs more Cathy + Ozma, to expose that Leon bastard. the only ones smart enough to figure out who's screwing them over.

good riddance ranka you little vajra lover. she only really loves herself and her vajra, not alto! she's probably part vajra herself. maybe we can finally get more sheryl now!

Sep 4, 2008 12:12 PM

Jul 2008
Good episode. I can't stop feeling like there's gonna be more then 25 episodes...
Sep 5, 2008 12:23 AM

May 2008
Wow Ranka grew a backbone and did something she normally wouldn't do
Sep 5, 2008 11:55 AM

Nov 2006
no! klan can't die! who would get the word out about little sheryl and grace?! :(
Sep 10, 2008 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
What the hell? So Ranka just takes her Vajra & goes home?

And Ranka IS too loli for him. It was bad enough when miclone Klan kissed Michael, but at least you understood she was really a grown woman
Nov 2, 2008 7:45 AM

Feb 2008
Oh fuck that ending and Brera, that massive faggot.
Feb 5, 2009 11:05 PM

May 2008
pendragon said:
angel999 said:

GOOD BYE RANKA LEE---->TRAITOR! No offense but since Vajra killed Michael and Ranka Lee protected a Vajra (yes even that Vajra was a friend of hers) instead of letting Alto kill it then she is a TRAITOR! Along with her Brother, who of course is restrained by Grace (Grace you ***** ass of a sh** planned everything down with possible minimal interference from outside "Die Grace Die").

i love you.

and ranka, go and never come back
die, preferably, with grace and leon and ur vajra pal
(i can't bear to kill Brera off cuz he's to good looking to die)

(is michel really dead? cuz they didnt have a funeral for him like that other valkyrie guy in the begininning, and how come everyone, exept Klan, acted like nothing happend? )

alto x sheryl forever. god bless your marriage and amen.

boy this series got me worked up
AMEN
Jun 18, 2009 11:29 PM

Jan 2008
So, Ranka just goes off with her pet Vajra? What? That doesn't make sense.
Jul 5, 2009 9:35 PM

Jun 2009
Boy, some of you guys got screwed up views. But, i'm not going to argue about this.

But, personally I think Ranka has a point. Just because the rest of the Vajra went and started killing humans, doesn't mean Ai will. It's like condemning all of Germany because of what Hitler and the Nazi's did, it's not right. But, that's my opinion.

On the other hand I can completely understand Alto's reaction to seeing the Vajra, I mean Micheal was a dear friend of his. It is only natural that he would want revenge.

But, seriously people calm down and put some thought into this instead of just coming off like an idiot.

And understand, i'm not talking about everyone just a few of you.

I won't be too, surprised if Alto chases after her, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 5, 2009 3:49 PM

Jul 2009
Ugh, I hate Ranka, but not because of her leaving.

Mentally weak people who cling onto others for strength and support annoy the crap out of me, and Ranka fits that mold perfectly.
Oct 10, 2009 8:32 PM

Jan 2009
I have really mixed feelings about Ranka Leaving. I really do hope it's for the best. T_T
Oct 10, 2009 8:41 PM

Sep 2008
wow didn't notice that many ppl hate ranka! in my opinion yes, she really gets in your nerves with her weak ass attitude, but sacrificing herself was very noble. i mean, they want her right? so yeah i liked the course of action she took even though i am VERY sad that she left :(
even at this point in the show i still don't know who I want alto to end up with. I always like the rankaxalto moments but i don't hate sheryl. in fact i really like her cuz she is a strong woman driven by her own desires. she sang for herself whereas ranka sang for alto. but i also like ranka cuz she's the underdog. gaaah! i don't know! mayb i'll end this fight and keep alto for myself ;)
Dec 12, 2009 12:02 PM

Apr 2009
Damnit I can't make any sense out of this anymore, just what the hell is Ranka and what are Grace's plans?
I just hope that all will be explained by the end of the series... and in good fashion too.
Dec 16, 2009 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
This series is mind-blowing!
I can't wait to see what happens next!

Jan 1, 2010 3:41 PM

Nov 2008
ranka lee sucks,she doesnt even think about the reason why alto was hugging sheryl and lots of people was kill because of her shitty singing.
May 1, 2010 2:22 PM
Feb 2009
ugh i really can't stand Ranka go Sheryl your turn next :P
Jun 14, 2010 4:34 AM

Dec 2009
Lots of people seem to hate Ranka after this ep .
I think she did the right thing. Alto ignores her feeling, The government wants to use her to kill vajras ... anyway we'll se in 22 why and wtf is the green light inside her...
Jun 23, 2010 3:46 PM

Jan 2010
Alto is such a pussy, really.

And who says Ranka becomes a traitor? She just want understanding between the species, what's wrong with that? Is it really necessary to exterminate them?
Jul 18, 2010 5:31 PM

Dec 2009
"Sayonara, Ranka. Wish you to never go back." Alto, why didn't you say it? I think I know. Just 'cos you love her, right? Stupid jerk.
Jul 27, 2010 7:31 AM
Feb 2010
I find ranka to be extremely annoying and immature. look at how she reacted when she saw Alto and sheryl hugging. Didn't even consider to think about what happened and now she protects a member of the species that killed one of the people who inspired her to sing at that shopping mall place and who is a friend of hers...Michel...Sheryl is way better. She is freaking dying and still caring about the people.
Aug 27, 2010 1:58 AM

Jul 2008
Where's Nekki Basara when you need him?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.