Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 28, 2008 11:08 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one was less emotional but more ABOUT GETTING REALLY PISSED. I AM VERY ANGRY AFTER SEEING THIS! I hate the fact they used the new bomb to kill all of island #3! HOW COULD THEY LET IT TO THIS!

GOOD BYE RANKA LEE---->TRAITOR! No offense but since Vajra killed Michael and Ranka Lee protected a Vajra (yes even that Vajra was a friend of hers) instead of letting Alto kill it then she is a TRAITOR! Along with her Brother, who of course is restrained by Grace (Grace you ***** ass of a sh** planned everything down with possible minimal interference from outside "Die Grace Die").

I CAN BE HAPPY IT WILL BE ALTO AND SHERYL IN THE END ^_^ . I hope cause I am sorry GUYS but Ranka looks way TOO LOLI for Alto. Sheryl is the maturity he needs.

So here is what I liked:

-Klan going berserk and killed many Vajra! (MICHAEL MANY MORE VAJRAS WILL BE KILLED FOR YOU! YOU JUST WATCH FROM UP THERE!)

-The new weapon looks cool if they can make it into a reaction missile type!

-The battles, especially when Battle Frontier kills a Vajra ship about to use fold cannon!

HATED:

-Leon being at the funeral of mister Glass!? O_O After he kills him! A insult to his CASKET!

-Grace not being dead!

-Lucas being selfish (sorry but I would refuse to use this weapon even if I had all this!)

-Obviously Ranka becoming a traitor!

-Catherine and Oswald being refugees. That sucks!

That's about it for now so see when subs are out!

Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 28, 2008 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
i knew ranka was going to leave.....and finally we can have some alto x sheryl.^_^

My english sucks....i know....
Aug 28, 2008 2:05 PM

Jul 2008
gogoulo said:
i knew ranka was going to leave.....and finally we can have some alto x sheryl.^_^

Glad to see you aboard the Sheryl x Alto time frame. Question is how is he going to save her from the disease she has? Seems to be difficult since there is no cure yet. Only thing to prevent it from active kind of like AIDS. I wonder.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 29, 2008 9:16 PM

Dec 2007
angel999 said:

GOOD BYE RANKA LEE---->TRAITOR! No offense but since Vajra killed Michael and Ranka Lee protected a Vajra (yes even that Vajra was a friend of hers) instead of letting Alto kill it then she is a TRAITOR! Along with her Brother, who of course is restrained by Grace (Grace you ***** ass of a sh** planned everything down with possible minimal interference from outside "Die Grace Die").

i love you.

and ranka, go and never come back
die, preferably, with grace and leon and ur vajra pal
(i can't bear to kill Brera off cuz he's to good looking to die)

(is michel really dead? cuz they didnt have a funeral for him like that other valkyrie guy in the begininning, and how come everyone, exept Klan, acted like nothing happend? )

alto x sheryl forever. god bless your marriage and amen.

boy this series got me worked up
Aug 29, 2008 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
pendragon said:
angel999 said:

i love you.

and ranka, go and never come back
die, preferably, with grace and leon and ur vajra pal
(i can't bear to kill Brera off cuz he's to good looking to die)

(is michel really dead? cuz they didnt have a funeral for him like that other valkyrie guy in the begininning, and how come everyone, exept Klan, acted like nothing happend? )

alto x sheryl forever. god bless your marriage and amen.

boy this series got me worked up

If you want to see for yourself try to slow motion or carefully looking when he get mortally wounded in #20...maybe he might have not survived.

I stay true to what Michael and his sister were fighting for: To protect lives...this being said Vajra=killing people so my belief would be to kill off Vajras completely for they cannot never be trusted anyways.
Aug 30, 2008 7:23 AM

Feb 2008
Always hated Brera but i liked Ranka up till now...
die in space, bitch.
Aug 30, 2008 8:42 AM

Aug 2008
God, I hope Ranka dies in a terrible way.
Aug 30, 2008 8:57 AM

Jan 2008
Bye, bye Ranka. Wish you all the best when having tentacle sex with Vajra. We won't be missing you :P Cooldown episode after Michael's death. Four more eps...

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Aug 30, 2008 9:09 AM

Jul 2008
Some extra comments after seeing the sub version.

-Based on the speech of the funeral...Leon definitely has NO RIGHT to say any of it AT ALL! I hope someone gets rid of him and Where The Hell is Richard Biller (that Zeltran guy with the ring)???

-So basically Ranka's excuse is "It's not this one that killed Michael" COME ON!!!! Just because this one did not do it does not mean it is not stained and innocent. Just like all of US. Think about it even though we all come from different countries we all had people of the past of those countries kill other people. Therefore we are stained with their kills that they committed for they were part of the same country as us.

-When you have another planet declare war on another due to RACE you are calling war and SO FAR DIPLOMACY WITH THESE VAJRA IS IMPOSSIBLE! Hell they only telepathy communication and can't talk.

-Is Sheryl going to sing again in #22??? Just hope no ones uses or grace does not do something to her. Nice title for next episode....Northern Cross!
Aug 30, 2008 9:38 AM
Mar 2008
Go die Ranka, Vajra's bitch.
Hopefully we'll see more Sheryl now.
Aug 30, 2008 11:26 AM

May 2008
While I wish Ranka would never appear in this show again, I am pretty sure Alto is pissed, and will go to space to find her. So while Sheryl will join him in his quest, there wont be any Alto X Sheryl. I could be wrong about this though, and I honestly hope I am, but it seems like the direction the show could be going.

Oh, and Micheal is a pretty badass for hiding a picture of Klan in his helmet.
Aug 30, 2008 11:58 AM

Feb 2008
So much Ranka hate in this thread =P

I really hated the fact that she left, but it was rather predictable, since she didn't want any more killing, not to mention she is somehow related to the Vajra.
Now Alto is probably going to get her back (at least I hope so. RankaXAlto ftw! =P).
Aug 30, 2008 12:13 PM

Feb 2008
Kayro said:

I really hated the fact that she left, but it was rather predictable, since she didn't want any more killing, not to mention she is somehow related to the Vajra.

/Agreed

Dont think this is enough for me to hate ranka, tho i do dislike brera quite a bit now. I just think ranka is confused/naive. Right now too soon for me to say who alto will end up with if he does end up with one....Just....im pretty shure Sheryl is gonna die no matter what tho, i just cant see a good ending with her staying alive dunno why...
Aug 30, 2008 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
Sephor said:
Kayro said:

/Agreed

Dont think this is enough for me to hate ranka, tho i do dislike brera quite a bit now. I just think ranka is confused/naive. Right now too soon for me to say who alto will end up with if he does end up with one....Just....im pretty shure Sheryl is gonna die no matter what tho, i just cant see a good ending with her staying alive dunno why...

The contrary can be true also---> While saving Ranka a cure from Vajra happens to cure Sheryl but in the process Ranka gets killed. Alto and Sheryl live happily after. It's a random though out setup but it would be nice to see.

That would be good but you know what we both agreed on one thing: LEON AND GRACE MUST DIE! BRERA AND RANKA WOULD BE +++ likely maybe Brera dies trying to save Ranka.

Look whether hate or not Ranka does not matter, what matters is SHE CANNOT BE TRUSTED ANYMORE. Thus hating her is natural since she is not trusted. Especially if people saw her with that thing.
Aug 30, 2008 12:58 PM

Sep 2007
Ranka got annoying with her "do not want to hurt anything else" attitude. Brera got annoying too with his "I am now Ranka's bitch" attitude.

Even if you're against using the fold bomb, how will you save Frontier? Just pew pew everything like usual? Even if it was sacrificing Island 3, it was for the well being of Frontier as a whole.

I wouldn't neccessarily call Ranka a traitor either. Even though she did protect a Vajra, she doesn't want either side to get killed. My bet is she's really part Vajra herself. Brera... he's just a little bitch for Ranka.
Aug 30, 2008 1:52 PM
Jun 2007
I have to say, Tomokazu Sugita's voice really embodies what Leon's all about. He has this tone that says he's better and always one step ahead of you, and it really irritates you to the point that you want to smash the guy's face. plus Leon has that god awful haircut that giving him 10 more punches seems justified. xD

there's enough hatred and hostility aimed towards Ranka that I feel anymore would be redundant.
Aug 30, 2008 2:45 PM

Dec 2007
If everyone else will become hardcore Ranka haters

Then I shall be the sole Ranka lover.
Her choice was very Eureka Seven like... and I really hated it when Alto said "All vajra are evil!!!"

I pose this question then to Alto, have you met every single vajra? how do you know that every vajra wants to kill humans.

Ranka-san 4ever!!! *sniff*

As for Sheryl... she's still a stuck up bitch that needs to have a microphone shoved down her throat. Yes, that'd make me VERY happy.

*prepares for flames*
Aug 30, 2008 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
Well okay, the episode raised multiple thoughts

happy --- lots of battles, angry Klan
wierd --- what's Luca acting all tough?
unhappy --- Leon, Grace (not that much of her in the episode, thank god)
mixed --- Ranka, well i guess she didn't know any other way to move on, i'm sure we'll find out more details on her past and on her being the 'little queen', Brera well he ain't Ranka's bitch, all he does is in accordance to Grace's orders.

Anyways about the coupling theories i fear it's gonna end up with Alto wanting to find Ranka because he likes/loves her, who knows it'll all become clear soon.
About Sheryl, well i hope she gets some more air time since there ain't much happening between her end Alto, compared to what's happening between Alto and Ranka.

another great episode, can't wait for the next

MAL list updates
Aug 30, 2008 3:30 PM

Jul 2008
Tekky99 said:

Her choice was very Eureka Seven like... and I really hated it when Alto said "All vajra are evil!!!"

I pose this question then to Alto, have you met every single vajra? how do you know that every vajra wants to kill humans.

As for Sheryl... she's still a stuck up bitch that needs to have a microphone shoved down her throat. Yes, that'd make me VERY happy.

*prepares for flames*

All I got to say to this is....are you sure you can even endure the rock barrage she would get from the crowd. Buddy NO ONE SUPPORTS someone who is friends with Vajra and before you convince anyone in this world of Macross Frontier...you would get shot along with Ranka and her Vajra......

.......Still want to join with Ranka???? It's like supporting Nazis or Neo-Nazis now......The Neo-Nazis never killed any Jews....of course not they are new people who got born but does not make them spic span clean and people will not forget about the Nazis, so I doubt people will accept any of the BS Vajra being friendly.

There this is the first flame!
Aug 30, 2008 3:34 PM

Jul 2008
Stjeppe said:
Well okay, the episode raised multiple thoughts

happy --- lots of battles, angry Klan
wierd --- what's Luca acting all tough?
unhappy --- Leon, Grace (not that much of her in the episode, thank god)
mixed --- Ranka, well i guess she didn't know any other way to move on, i'm sure we'll find out more details on her past and on her being the 'little queen', Brera well he ain't Ranka's bitch, all he does is in accordance to Grace's orders.

Anyways about the coupling theories i fear it's gonna end up with Alto wanting to find Ranka because he likes/loves her, who knows it'll all become clear soon.
About Sheryl, well i hope she gets some more air time since there ain't much happening between her end Alto, compared to what's happening between Alto and Ranka.

another great episode, can't wait for the next

Nah, you got all wrong! I think Ranka will get consumed by the Vajras....did you not see the painful reaction from her stomach area when island #3 was killed with all the Vajras???

I tell ya...a Vajra may burst a la Alien style, Hell maybe Ranka will transform into Vajra since she might have a mutative virus within her. If Grace is planning to fuse all the humans with Vajras for a ultimate creation.....YOU ARE DEAD WRONG GRACE! No one will allow that!

Aug 30, 2008 5:30 PM

Aug 2008
so much hate here.., angel999 if you think people who support vajra and ranka are "traidors" like you say ranka is.... well... then Im a traidor too! and I don't care at all.

Tekky99: I support you and Ranka!!

I thik Ranka just do what she needed to do, and I know sometimes she's a little anoying with the "no more deaths" an all that crap. but you people don't even know who are the bad ones here.
Vajra are just like the Zentraedis were at first: hostil with humans... but do you even have though why?
why are they attacking frontier?
is that their nature?
then, why the little ai-kun didn't even atack alto? (and was picking the airplane like the cutie he is >.<)
why Ranka's song stop them?
WHY GRACE CALLED RANKA THE LITTLE QUEEN??!!!
(god, this is too much to thing for me xD)

maybe... jus maybe!... Ranka is the queen of the vajras OR was altered genetically when child to have a special voice freccuence to call them....
And the vajras are just atacking them because:
-maybe frontier is too close to their home and are protecting it, then humans kill some and the others got angry and so...
-or maybe because they are atracted by Ranka song
- or maybe because they want ranka back?

At the end if Ranka song was affecting them it was the fault of Leon and Grace to manipulate her to sing even when she knew she wasn't happy being used to destroy life, so she ran away to stop the masacre.

So even if I'm wrong, I don't care, I believe in her, and I think Alto is gonna get her back!.

Respect to Brera.... I think he just want her to be happy, even if he has to listen to Grace. o.O but I don't know what are his true intentions so I don't know if he's good, bad, just confused or wathever xD

Aug 30, 2008 6:10 PM

Jun 2007
Lots of hate towards Ranka hmmm Im still with RankaxAlto, so as Alto cause hes obviously going for her.

But... what did she mean by loved, LOVED alto? come on! I like Sheryl and yeah, hope she doesnt die but shes not ending with alto :D

Leon the bastard its going all accord his plan but im thinking hes going to be betrayed and maybe killed by Grace at the end and the Brera will kill her yay
Aug 30, 2008 6:20 PM

Mar 2008
Frontier has got to have the best OST this year
Aug 30, 2008 6:25 PM

Oct 2007
lol... people are overreacting... i believe Ranka is just doing what she feels is right... she doesn't want anymore violence and obviously doesn't want anymore of her friends to die... i understand why she protected Ai when Alto was about to kill him even though it is a Vajra... it's like having a close pet and a friend... would you straight up kill your friend that helped you through rough times just because he is part of the "enemy"... i believe that would be a tough real life decision to make... i also wonder what's Rankas connection to the Vajra... can't wait for the next episode!!
Aug 30, 2008 6:39 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
angel999 said:
Tekky99 said:

*prepares for flames*

All I got to say to this is....are you sure you can even endure the rock barrage she would get from the crowd. Buddy NO ONE SUPPORTS someone who is friends with Vajra and before you convince anyone in this world of Macross Frontier...you would get shot along with Ranka and her Vajra......

.......Still want to join with Ranka???? It's like supporting Nazis or Neo-Nazis now......The Neo-Nazis never killed any Jews....of course not they are new people who got born but does not make them spic span clean and people will not forget about the Nazis, so I doubt people will accept any of the BS Vajra being friendly.

sorry but I think you are falling for Leon's little trick...which is to promote hate between humans and Vajra. Calling Ranka "traitor" is exactly the extremist and nationalist reaction we want to avoid.

First of all, can you tell me why Vajras are attacking Frontier? No.
So after all we know, humans may have the one who started it, by doing something that angered the Vajra (without knowing it of course, that's what I call human stupidity). So what's all that hate and propaganda against Vajras? After all, didn't the humans wipe out Vajras before like insects?

Yes, you can't communicate with the Vajra...are you sure? But isn't that because the government is doing some secret research and not revealing to the public (and the audience) the secret of the Vajra? From the preview, we can predict that experiments on Vajra were done. So in other words, the humans brought the disaster on themselves.

I think Grace and Leon's reaction to the casualties as if it was planned is the most despicable. Ranka is just tired of being used and chose her own path. After all, did you notice that each time a lot of Vajra died, Ranka was in deep pain and sadness.

So please calm down and stop blaming Ranka and the Vajra.

I just don't see ANY reason why I should particularily hate the Vajra YET.

Sure, Michael died. But war is war. People die. Soldiers as well as civilians. And even though humans may look like victims being slaughtered, Vajra may have a good reason of doing what they are doing. Killing is wrong but instinct and survival cannot be blamed. Ai-kun = neo-nazi, vajra = nazi???? that is so out of context. As far as we know, Vajra soldiers are like animals and fight with instinct of survival. How can you compare that to humans who purposely exterminate other of their kind????

Sorry, but the way you speak is very offensive and make you look like some supporter of Leon wanting to eradicate/exterminate the Vajra at all cost (which make you no better than them if not worse (in case the Vajra had some reason)).
wakka9caAug 30, 2008 6:46 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 30, 2008 8:08 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm i dont necessarily hate ranka but im leaning more toward sherylXAlto after this episode. I will say that I think Ranka's singing is better than sheryl's atm but that can change. Overall i like Ranka for the singing and Sheryl for the character.
Aug 30, 2008 8:14 PM

Feb 2008
lol ranka didnt betray anyone. we still dont really know the story behind her and cyborg etc...

it is human nature to hate and destroy that which threatens your life. its called self preservation. when we call it the "enemy" it is licence to distroy it. it fits in the category of all those nice words that we use when we want to destroy something that is undesirable, or we hate. (among which are justice, self defence, protecting the weak...etc)

having seen all of the macross serries this anime now makes some sense as far as story and the like. i can pretty much guess how this will turn out. it wouldnt surprise me if they made another 26 episodes after this one. since i dont read the news, they probably already have. haha
Aug 30, 2008 8:29 PM

Jul 2008
That's one of the best 40 minutes I have spent in a while
Aug 30, 2008 8:55 PM

Jul 2008
LOL SUPER QUOTE.

wakka9ca said:

sorry but I think you are falling for Leon's little trick...which is to promote hate between humans and Vajra. Calling Ranka "traitor" is exactly the extremist and nationalist reaction we want to avoid.

So after all we know, humans may have the one who started it, by doing something that angered the Vajra (without knowing it of course, that's what I call human stupidity). So what's all that hate and propaganda against Vajras? After all, didn't the humans wipe out Vajras before like insects?

Yes, you can't communicate with the Vajra...are you sure? But isn't that because the government is doing some secret research and not revealing to the public (and the audience) the secret of the Vajra? From the preview, we can predict that experiments on Vajra were done. So in other words, the humans brought the disaster on themselves.

I think Grace and Leon's reaction to the casualties as if it was planned is the most despicable. Ranka is just tired of being used and chose her own path. After all, did you notice that each time a lot of Vajra died, Ranka was in deep pain and sadness.

Sure, Michael died. But war is war. People die. Soldiers as well as civilians. And even though humans may look like victims being slaughtered, Vajra may have a good reason of doing what they are doing. Killing is wrong but instinct and survival cannot be blamed. Ai-kun = neo-nazi, vajra = nazi???? that is so out of context. As far as we know, Vajra soldiers are like animals and fight with instinct of survival. How can you compare that to humans who purposely exterminate other of their kind????

Sorry, but the way you speak is very offensive and make you look like some supporter of Leon wanting to eradicate/exterminate the Vajra at all cost (which make you no better than them if not worse (in case the Vajra had some reason)).

Dammit, you basically summed up everything I wanted to say and probably said it better than I. I'd also like to point out comparing Vajra to Nazi's is basically extremely ignorant and in short... retarded.

All-in-All, this episode kicked ass, while predictable, I wept a little bit at the end due to my excessive fanboyish love for Ranka. Come on, she's like... the textbook definition of moe. How can you hate that face!? After that speech though, I'm more or less banking on Alto finally making up his mind. It's can really go either way at the moment. As Angel said(as much as I hate to admit it), Ranka can still die saving Sheryl in some strange way. That, or Sheryl will die off from the virus.

As for Ranka being called, 'Little Queen', by Grace all the time, it's quite likely that she is a Vajra Queen. We know that the Vajra are somehow related to the old ship. We also know that Sheryl's mayan sister thing was there as well, as were Grace and Ranka's mother.

My prediction?

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Aug 30, 2008 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
pamechan said:
so much hate here.., angel999 if you think people who support vajra and ranka are "traidors" like you say ranka is.... well... then Im a traidor too! and I don't care at all.

Tekky99: I support you and Ranka!!

I thik Ranka just do what she needed to do, and I know sometimes she's a little anoying with the "no more deaths" an all that crap. but you people don't even know who are the bad ones here.
Vajra are just like the Zentraedis were at first: hostil with humans... but do you even have though why?
why are they attacking frontier?
is that their nature?
then, why the little ai-kun didn't even atack alto? (and was picking the airplane like the cutie he is >.<)
why Ranka's song stop them?
WHY GRACE CALLED RANKA THE LITTLE QUEEN??!!!
(god, this is too much to thing for me xD)

maybe... jus maybe!... Ranka is the queen of the vajras OR was altered genetically when child to have a special voice freccuence to call them....
And the vajras are just atacking them because:
-maybe frontier is too close to their home and are protecting it, then humans kill some and the others got angry and so...
-or maybe because they are atracted by Ranka song
- or maybe because they want ranka back?

At the end if Ranka song was affecting them it was the fault of Leon and Grace to manipulate her to sing even when she knew she wasn't happy being used to destroy life, so she ran away to stop the masacre.

So even if I'm wrong, I don't care, I believe in her, and I think Alto is gonna get her back!.

Respect to Brera.... I think he just want her to be happy, even if he has to listen to Grace. o.O but I don't know what are his true intentions so I don't know if he's good, bad, just confused or wathever xD

Vajra are just like the Zentraedis were at first: hostil with humans... but do you even have though why? I CAN ANSWER THAT: someone made them that way and yeah I do know it way be the human fault so let's finish our mistake--->kill all the Vajra simple and easy.
why are they attacking frontier? They think they can be friends but in fact their ways kill us. Look there is no point in sympathizing with something that is not human and attacks them even if one them started. Too many died sorry but it's too late scenario.
is that their nature? Their nature is to coexist but since that someone made something else well we have to get rid of it, I mean come on too many work and too much more sacrifice for convert them.

There is nothing else to say, we either get rid or they get rid of us like Alto said and Richard Biller.
Aug 30, 2008 10:20 PM

Jul 2008
wakka9ca said:
angel999 said:
Tekky99 said:

*prepares for flames*

First of all, can you tell me why Vajras are attacking Frontier? I KNOW IT IS SOMEONE FROM THE INSIDE THAT STARTED THEIR ATTACKS FROM THE GALAXY.
So after all we know, humans may have the one who started it, by doing something that angered the Vajra (without knowing it of course, that's what I call human stupidity). So what's all that hate and propaganda against Vajras? After all, didn't the humans wipe out Vajras before like insects? GOT TO FINISH A JOB RIGHT? 100% OF THAT JOB WOULD BE ELIMINATION.

Yes, you can't communicate with the Vajra...are you sure? OTHER THAN TELEPATHICALLY NO BUT MAYBE THERE MIGHT A DEVICE. But isn't that because the government is doing some secret research and not revealing to the public (and the audience) the secret of the Vajra? NOTHING SUGGESTS THAT THE ONLY RESEARCH SEEN IS THEIR REACTION TO THE SONG AND HOW TO ELIMINATE THEM TO AFTER GET THE FLD QUARTZ SO THEY ARE LIKE CATTLE TO US OR BETTER YET ANIMALS From the preview, we can predict that experiments on Vajra were done. So in other words, the humans brought the disaster on themselves. YEAH LIKE WITH AIDS. THAT IS OBVIOUS.

NO, NO LEON IS PIECE OF **** AND I AM A PIECE OF CRUELTY LOOK YOU CANNOT SYMPATHIZE WITH ANIMALS WHO THINK WE ARE A DANGER AND ONLY ONE REACTS OK....SORRY BUT I AM WITH WHAT MICHAEL FOUGHT FOR PEACE AND KILLING THE VAJRA=100% PEACE WITHOUT THEIR EXISTENCE.

Aug 31, 2008 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
I've wanted Ranka dead from the beginning. Then I felt sorry for her in the last couple of episodes... now, I want to see her crucified. She is murdering this show for me.

As for the ending of the episode itself, I'm tired of Brera being the unbeatable "bad ass." It's was old then and it is pretty old now.
LensFlaredAwayAug 31, 2008 12:36 AM
Aug 31, 2008 12:43 AM

Mar 2008
Ranka is the most annoying and childish character. She wants to bring that stupid bug to his friends? What is she, 4? What a stupid thing to do, i hope she dies.

And yeah, Brera is an awful character. >_>

WHo cares why the Vajra are attacking the frontier, there is rarely a right or wrong in warfare, the winner is right at the end, no matter the actual cisrcumstances of the conflict. I want Ranka and all the Vajra dead, along with some other main characters.

I actually like Leon since he isnt a compolete dumbass compared to half of the people in the anime.
M_AAug 31, 2008 12:46 AM
Aug 31, 2008 1:06 AM

Jul 2008
M_A said:
Ranka is the most annoying and childish character. She wants to bring that stupid bug to his friends? What is she, 4? What a stupid thing to do, i hope she dies.

And yeah, Brera is an awful character. >_>

WHo cares why the Vajra are attacking the frontier, there is rarely a right or wrong in warfare, the winner is right at the end, no matter the actual cisrcumstances of the conflict. I want Ranka and all the Vajra dead, along with some other main characters.

I actually like Leon since he isnt a compolete dumbass compared to half of the people in the anime.

Nice comment on Leon...SO YOU THINK HE MIGHT DOUBLECROSS GRACE?
Aug 31, 2008 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
This was a disappointing episode for me as well, mainly because of how Ranka acted. I personally felt betrayed during the whole scene with Alto at the monument(?). Ranka is pretty much just like every other annoying character out there that tends to do the wrong things at all the wrong times, because of their ideals.

I feel like, how everyone hates Ranka at the moment, we'll all be bitten up the ass. This is mainly due to the fact that in many, and maybe even most cases,the person we hate most will do something to redeem themselves so well later on that we can't help but feel for them.

Anyway, looking forward to 22.
Aug 31, 2008 2:27 AM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:

Nice comment on Leon...SO YOU THINK HE MIGHT DOUBLECROSS GRACE?

that'd be epic. xD

seita - ranka is irredeemable for me. even if she like...strips down naked and goes on an ultra violent vajra hunting spree, ill still hate her. =]
Aug 31, 2008 2:27 AM
Mar 2008
I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling that this series will have a so-so end ... and lots of fans will feel tricked unless the maker think of something to fix the love complex of the series and put a good end for the series. But I think this is just typical Macross series ... it's getting bored.

I think it is true that Alto will chase to look for Ranka, together with Luca and Klan. But Ranka chose to stay with Vajra since she is their queen. Sheryl probably will stay and finally dies unless there is cure for her (which is little chance that it will be available).

Then in the end, Alto ends up back playing on stage and good-bye to SMS. Since he does not have any reason anymore to fight.

But I hope my prediction is wrong and there will be a spectacular end with no hanging.
Aug 31, 2008 3:30 AM

Jul 2008
M_A said:
ranka is irredeemable for me. even if she like...strips down naked and goes on an ultra violent vajra hunting spree, ill still hate her. =]

Even so, make this happen. Please?

leoneri said:
I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling that this series will have a so-so end ... and lots of fans will feel tricked unless the maker think of something to fix the love complex of the series and put a good end for the series. But I think this is just typical Macross series ... it's getting bored.

I think it is true that Alto will chase to look for Ranka, together with Luca and Klan. But Ranka chose to stay with Vajra since she is their queen. Sheryl probably will stay and finally dies unless there is cure for her (which is little chance that it will be available).

Then in the end, Alto ends up back playing on stage and good-bye to SMS. Since he does not have any reason anymore to fight.

But I hope my prediction is wrong and there will be a spectacular end with no hanging.

...that's far too depressingly close to likely being true to be funny.

Oh, also, think you could chill on the caps key Angel? One can only take so much yelling. Don't your throat hurt?

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Aug 31, 2008 6:41 AM

Jul 2007
Haha, I see alot of Ranka hatred coming from this thread :P

I don't think she's betrayed anyone really. She's just sick of the fighting; of what she's seen and heard of it. The way she says 'I don't want this' and how she announced she'll stop singing; yeah she's fed up with war. She's fed up with the death. Ranka knows that if Ai-kun stays & gets found out then someone will kill him for who he is; and she doesn't want that 'cause he hasn't attacked anyone.

I reckon now her memories are opening up we'll learn something more; hopefully behind the whole Vajra & Human war thing. There's four episodes left and so much to tie up and stuff we don't know yet, I'm beginning to get the impression it's one of those anime's where you just won't know everything by the end.

Alto will definitely go after Ranka; he's annoyed at her decision and very confused at what's going on. She's his friend after all fgs; and he does care for her, no matter what way you want to interpret it. He'll go after her, and some of the others might follow with him. As for Sheryl... well; I hope she lives too to be honest.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Aug 31, 2008 8:59 AM

Jul 2008
seita said:
This was a disappointing episode for me as well, mainly because of how Ranka acted. I personally felt betrayed during the whole scene with Alto at the monument(?). Ranka is pretty much just like every other annoying character out there that tends to do the wrong things at all the wrong times, because of their ideals.

I feel like, how everyone hates Ranka at the moment, we'll all be bitten up the ass. This is mainly due to the fact that in many, and maybe even most cases,the person we hate most will do something to redeem themselves so well later on that we can't help but feel for them.

Anyway, looking forward to 22.

Hey, I am cool with the redeem and I might change my opnion of her if her redeem makes either all the Vajras DEAD or She sacrifices herself with Brera in the process. Other than that = no satisfaction.
Aug 31, 2008 9:03 AM

Jul 2008
Bakayaro said:
M_A said:
ranka is irredeemable for me. even if she like...strips down naked and goes on an ultra violent vajra hunting spree, ill still hate her. =]

Even so, make this happen. Please?

leoneri said:

...that's far too depressingly close to likely being true to be funny.

Oh, also, think you could chill on the caps key Angel? One can only take so much yelling. Don't your throat hurt?

I tried telling you: THIS IS NOT YELLING IT IS JUST EMPHASIZING EVEN IF OTHER PEOPLE THINK OTHERWISE TO ME IT IS NOT YELLING. SO PLEASE NO OFFENSE INTENDED.
Aug 31, 2008 11:27 AM

Jun 2008
I actually liked Ranka better after this episode. But it looks like it will definitely be a AltoxSheryl ending now D:
Aug 31, 2008 1:23 PM
Feb 2008
angel999 said:
-So basically Ranka's excuse is "It's not this one that killed Michael" COME ON!!!! Just because this one did not do it does not mean it is not stained and innocent. Just like all of US. Think about it even though we all come from different countries we all had people of the past of those countries kill other people. Therefore we are stained with their kills that they committed for they were part of the same country as us.

By your logic, if a Japanese or German person walked up to you, you should kill them for the past actions of their countries (WW2). Sorry but that's pretty fucking stupid. Perhaps you're very young.

The episode was dull and rather predictable. Ranka, you had your chance to shine and have now truly bored me to DEATH. Please do die.

Aug 31, 2008 1:36 PM

Jul 2008
Otakuman said:
angel999 said:

By your logic, if a Japanese or German person walked up to you, you should kill them for the past actions of their countries (WW2). Sorry but that's pretty fucking stupid. Perhaps you're very young.

The episode was dull and rather predictable. Ranka, you had your chance to shine and have now truly bored me to DEATH. Please do die.

No, no I am not implying killing someone else from another country due to their past or ancestors but more like COLLECTIVE SLUMBERING CONSCIOUSNESS that each of us has.

For example my country was subjected by Russians and Germans. Thus I encountered many of my people whom some indeed had hatred and even some of killing a Russian or German but they did not only though because of this countries past.

My thinking is EXTREMELY HARD TO GRASP BUT ONCE DONE IT IS A TREASURE SHINING IN THE DARK. The reason is that I use Chaos Theorem. At the very least there is heavy heavy use of randomness.

Hope it clears some things for you.
Aug 31, 2008 2:20 PM
Feb 2008
angel999 said:
My thinking is EXTREMELY HARD TO GRASP BUT ONCE DONE IT IS A TREASURE SHINING IN THE DARK. The reason is that I use Chaos Theorem. At the very least there is heavy heavy use of randomness.

Hope it clears some things for you.

Yes, I think so...

Aug 31, 2008 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
hirahira said:
I actually liked Ranka better after this episode. But it looks like it will definitely be a AltoxSheryl ending now D:

Why?

Do you really think Alto, with the personality he have, will let Ranka go just like that? He will chase her even if he have to do it alone

And it´s hard to to have a ending with a character who will soon die....

Aug 31, 2008 6:29 PM

Jul 2008
Anyien said:
Why?

Do you really think Alto, with the personality he have, will let Ranka go just like that? He will chase her even if he have to do it alone

And it´s hard to to have a ending with a character who will soon die....

I agree.

I personally think will be a Ranka x Alto ending for sure. He'll "rescue" her or something lame and they'll get together.
Sep 1, 2008 5:32 AM

Mar 2008
after Alto chose Sheryl's proposition to go to Gallia 4, and seeing how MF reversed itself (EPICLY, I must say), I won't speculate for now.

Sep 1, 2008 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
For the sake of humanity, I really, really hope that angel999 is a troll. Invoking Godwin's Law only 19 posts in? This is _anime_, people! Fiction! Just enjoy the story. :p

And for the record (on the off chance you're not a troll, and just a very insensitive and offensive person), typing an entire sentence in all captial letters 1is considered yelling/shouting. It doesn't matter whether you think you are or not, that is the accepted etiquette for this medium. A single word or two in a sentence can be seen as emphasis, but not an entire sentence.
Sep 1, 2008 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
Zarggg said:
For the sake of humanity, I really, really hope that angel999 is a troll. Invoking Godwin's Law only 19 posts in? This is _anime_, people! Fiction! Just enjoy the story. :p

And for the record (on the off chance you're not a troll, and just a very insensitive and offensive person), typing an entire sentence in all captial letters 1is considered yelling/shouting. It doesn't matter whether you think you are or not, that is the accepted etiquette for this medium. A single word or two in a sentence can be seen as emphasis, but not an entire sentence.

As far I am concerned no one is forced to conform to anything if that does not disturb. I am not a troll nor am I anything but a person of this world. Godwin's Law??? No Law for there is only God's Law by the way I even hate cops!

Your hope is a idioticity. You think I have time to waste even answering such a opinion. I merely state what I think and express. In exchange I get response and a chance to see how people like you feel. Your opinion is taken into consideration so your writing is not lost.

I will leave it that by the way do you know of PROJECT MACROSS?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.