Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 28, 2010 12:01 AM

Nov 2009
HAHA THIS JUST TOOK A TURN FOR THE AWESOME!!!!

when ranka ran into the woods she was totally like "no one understands me! i hate the world!!!" waa go cry you bitchy teenager. oh wait you can go cry out in space

HAHA altoxsheryl ftwww
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2010 6:21 PM

Aug 2009
Well ... I ship BreraxRanka so I don't have much to complain about as long as they're well and alive and together.

At least Ranka confessed and that dumb shit Alto finally understood her feelings.

I don't really hate Ai since he didn't do anything. It'll be racist to hate him =@
But I still miss Michael a lot and I wish for all other Vajras, the bowl-cut gay president and the Grace bitch to die a slow painful death.
Mar 25, 2011 10:21 AM
Jun 2010
i would have prefered a rankaxalto but meh. She pissed me off.
Apr 2, 2011 6:21 AM

Jun 2008
ranka is an idiot. and selfish too...go sheryl!!

feeling very irritated now
May 2, 2011 4:46 PM

May 2010
I still like Ranka, but I hate that green pet and that bishounen brother who reminds me of Kaifun.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 23, 2011 10:09 PM
Dec 2009
This episode.. just makes you annoyed by Ranka, the part where she wants to give up..
tag©.androgynous
Jul 2, 2011 6:35 PM

Aug 2009
Beautiful episode!

And all the Ranka haters suck! -__-
Jul 13, 2011 4:26 PM

Jul 2010
This is episode has gotten more intense. While everything that has happened, Ranka decided to sing.
Dec 1, 2011 9:34 AM

Aug 2010
Wow all of the Ranka haters appear!! hahahaa!!! I don't hate her, but i can't really stand her clingy attitude and selfishness! But i suppose i kinda pity her only bcos she was used by others. But not more. Im kinda glad she's outta the picture now, but I'm worried she'll appear again and cause a vajras uprising against frontier! Oh and brera is so loyal towards her!

Grace i hope you die soon bitch!
Dec 26, 2011 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
Great development, I wonder the role Ai-kun will be having in all of this.

Anyway, I simply cannot care for the love stories in this Macross...
Apr 21, 2012 8:36 AM
Apr 2011
Aww, I don't hate Ranka for doing so. It is true what she says, Ai is just a newborn who's been hanging with Ranka all this time, with her giving him/her her love as a human (or maybe not since it seems like she's somewhat related to them). Ai has not experienced battle, death, so it's innocent just like how a newborn baby would be. It's the same as raising, let say, a baby lion. If it grows up in its natural surroundings, it will obviously follow and do the same as the rest of the pack. But if it is raised amongst humans, its behaviour and such would be much different.
I don't know why Vajras always want to kill the humans, but I guess we'll see when Ranka goes to meet them.

And I don't think just cause Ranka has left there would be AltoxSheryl. It'd be kind of awkward and cruel seeming as she just confessed (finally omg), and I doubt he would just simply forget/hate her. If he does, I'd prob hate his character haha.
Aug 6, 2012 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
Drives me crazy every time Alto gets completely owned by Brera. LOL
Jan 10, 2013 3:09 PM
Nov 2010
THAT ENDING SONG!!

Jul 7, 2013 1:57 AM

Aug 2010
fyrga said:
Always hated Brera but i liked Ranka up till now...
die in space, bitch.

^This. God bless you sir.
Aug 4, 2013 2:52 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty sad episode and now I can hope for more Alto x Sheryl.

But I can't understand all the Ranka hate now. Yes, she tries to protect a Vajra. And Vajra might be hated by mostly everyone in Macross Frontier, but as someone who views the show from outside, you just have to understand that Ranka practically bred Ai-kun. So of course she has a connection with him. And for the viewers it's obvious that she has a connection to the Vajras (and is even called Little Queen) and she knows it since she saw all those flashbacks of her forgotten memories.
So I can't understand why most viewers say that all Vajras have to be killed immediatly. This is like racism at it's finest.. to never acknowledge anything besides one's own "being".
Sep 3, 2013 12:59 AM
May 2013
Ranka is indeed the next Lynn Minmay, because she is so hated.

Alto is the next Hikaru.

_Antix_ said:
God, I hope Ranka dies in a terrible way.

Don't forget about Leon and Grace.
Nov 8, 2014 1:29 AM

Sep 2013
Okay so she left the rest of Frontier and her friends to die. Good job Ranka.

I can sorta understand her motivation, but it really should've been carried out better to make it more believable.
Apr 30, 2017 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
Ranka "Varja dindu nuffin" Lee.

God I knew this was coming at one point but I had hoped Ranka would be better than that. Even IF it turns out that the humans somehow started this war at this point the Varja are just as much at fault as the humans.
Aug 24, 2020 4:41 PM

Aug 2017
I wonder if anyone manages to notice the similarities between this bomb and the one used on Gallia 4.

What painting is standing near Nanase's bed? Interesting :p

A glowing paper plane o_o And Ranka's squeak when she launched it ^_^ Just like when she was trying to pull her hands off Alto's shirt back then.

Ranka said the words I remembered from the first preview in the Deculture edition of ep. 1 ;_; That close-up on her shaking lips aaaaaaaaaaaaah my soul

So much hate for Ranka geez. She just liked a cute green pet (which looked better in the plush form) come on. Plus she's been gradually realizing that Vajras have some relationship to her. Why is that so hard to understand while watching a work of fiction? >_<
St0rmbladeAug 24, 2020 4:56 PM
Oct 20, 2020 10:19 PM
Jun 2013
I don't hate Ranka. While her decisions in this episode are very very stupid, it fits her character. She's very naive, and also questioning why she's connected to the vajra. So her hitching a ride and trusting the random vajra pet she picked up and these hypothetical friends she's never seen before, in order to discover something about herself, is fitting. Stupid as shit, but fitting.

Also vvvvvery stupid of her to think Alto would just hop on along with her as if Micheal didn't just fucking die. Really selfish.

What I really dislike about her, however, is how her motivations, especially with singing, are so much affected by Alto. Everything Alto does always seems to throw her out of whack and she barely knows what to do with herself. I've been begging her to find some other support other than Alto, but now it's come to a point where it seems like she's only singing for Alto?? Which doesn't fit her character earlier. Like with Sheryl, even if she finds encouragement in Alto, she's able to also find other support and purpose for her singing and actions. Ranka saw Alto and Sheryl hug and she was acting like the world was ending before the world was ending!
Apr 19, 2022 7:14 PM

Jul 2017
Beautiful ep! Good fucking riddance to Ranka tho lol. I actually like her as a character more with this direction, but it's so satisfying to see her ass out of here lol. She really hasn't been deserving the attention this series has showered her with in this 2nd half. I doubt this will be the last we see of her tho.

Can't help but like Leon. He's a well done bastard lol. Sugita is killing his role as usual too. Easily one of the more entertaining characters.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.