Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Apr 23, 2013 5:35 PM

Jul 2011
teacher's suicide was awesome!!!!! it wasn't at all shocking but i think it hinted at a demon taking over his body because it looked like he was fighting himself
May 5, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2009
You know, getting a knife and stabbing yourself in front of your students wouldn't be very healthy for them, right, Sensei?

What was with the dream in the second half...the only thing I could say to that was WTF.

Next episode is the class trip! Also, these two
in the same shot.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
May 26, 2013 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
I thought for sure the teacher would kill a couple of students, but instead he just killed himself. The dream where everyone was melting was really creepy. Next episode looks way out of context, can't wait to see the surprise there.
Jun 9, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2013
The teacher took a while to kill himself. But it was nothing compare to that dream he had. People melting like candles.

Misaki look like a doll <3

Jul 20, 2013 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
Omg that teacher's death was DISGUSTING! xD
Aug 17, 2013 7:10 AM

Dec 2012
F this episode ! What the heck .. That teacher !!!! My gosh ! He even put it more in on his freaking neck !! DFUQ !

And what happen to that guy , cant remember the name , his nghtmare was really a nightmare ..

Nice ep !

- barely alive -
Aug 17, 2013 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
This show is addictive.
Sep 11, 2013 11:00 AM

Aug 2007
Sir_Lexa said:
Oh my God the teacher suicide scene was gruesome. That was like Elfen Lied brutal xD

Yeah, I haven't seen such a bloody anime since Elfen Lied yearrrrrs ago. It was my first boxset at the end of middle school. I haven't rewatched it in a while either. I'm usually pretty good with deaths and blood, but there is something about suicides that really freaks me out.

Nov 12, 2013 6:09 PM

Jan 2013
So Sakakibara is not eh ghost student(or he is and Misaki lied to him?).Because i was wondering about what his father said him (about that this is the 2nd time that he is in that city,but then he said he was wrong,something strange...)
At least the now all people of the class talk to them.
Damn teacher killing himself with a kitchen knife,probably his life was very bad :/
And by the way Izumi Akazawa is the prettiest girl in the anime,i like her very much,i hope now she will participate more in the anime plot.Her face when she was drinking the coffe,she is very cute awwww *-* :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 13, 2014 7:59 AM
Jul 2013
Well, it was not so shocking death of the teacher.
Jan 14, 2014 6:39 AM

Dec 2013
7 episodes in and still enjoying the ride. Sad that it has only 5 more episode. Kinda knew about the twin since I watched the OVA first without knowing.

The teacher died in style though. Very gruesome.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 15, 2014 3:19 PM
Oct 2011
I'm so curious about the next episode. Really interesting anime.

5/5
Y U NO SIGNATURE
Mar 11, 2014 10:06 PM

Jul 2009
The Death was gruesome as hell!!

I knew it, this hypcrite students would start talking to them the moment their plan fails.

If i were Sakakibara, i would punch those assholes who refuse to talk to me in the early episodes.

And the dream sequence was scary as hell O____O

Seriously, i probably would have died heart attack on that one.

Seems Akazawa did indeed met Sakakibara back then.

I really do have a feeling that the Misaki "Mei" who appeared in the first episode and went on the basement was different compared to the Mei where Sakakibara first met on school,

It's a high possibility that Mei's dead sister is indeed the extra person who shouldn't be alive.

Can't wait for this! The beach preview could just be a red herring on things to come :P
Apr 26, 2014 2:21 PM

Mar 2014
too much intensity in one episode! teacher dying in front of kids, nightmare (but with an awesome phone call from HOT HOT HOT INDIAAAA) and dat creepy tone of Mia in the end D:

awesome episode
May 19, 2014 11:30 PM

Apr 2012
so far a pretty good series.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 27, 2014 12:01 AM

Oct 2013
man that dream was pretty ruthless. teacher kill was ruthless.
wonder what was going on with the female teacher, looked like she had seen somehting at the back of the classroom or had imagined something. idk.

misaki leaving town for a week......wonder what implications her denwa bango has too ;) l
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 27, 2014 4:32 PM

Jun 2014
I like that they are not "not there" anymore, and they can talk to the other characters like normal people. And the scene from the beginning reminds me a lot of Elfen Lied.
Jun 30, 2014 6:02 AM

Oct 2011
If Mei is so certain Sakakibara isn't the dead person (I assume because of her eye) why doesn't she just use her power on the rest of the class? I'm sure there'll be an answer but it's very strange.
Jul 15, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2010
Hmmm I'm starting to get abit fishy here. It was an interesting episode though. It seems like someone's gonna die every episode huh. . .
Aug 17, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
The teacher really fell on his sword for them, but still that was absolutely brutal for anyone to watch.

Is Kouichi dead or not, I can't tell. I wonder why Mei thinks he isn't dead, maybe because she knows she is the dead one who knows...
Sep 1, 2014 6:05 AM

Apr 2014
I'm so confused.
Sep 5, 2014 8:45 AM
Sep 2014
ahhh this is getting so good
Sep 27, 2014 7:39 AM

Aug 2014
Sensei comets suicide and all students come in a state of fear, stress and some of them got crazy... On this way all the students will be death until this apocalypse stops...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 26, 2014 9:22 AM
Feb 2013
Well, the main character could very well be the dead one, after all there are things he doesn't remember happened, like him having been in the town before and stuff, maybe he died and forgot he did.

And also, didn't Mei say she died shorty during the operation or something, maybe she's the dead one then.
Nov 19, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2014
Wait... so is Misaki the dead one after all?!? So many questions, haha. The teacher suicide was extremely brutal, and I wonder what will come out of this class trip.
Jan 21, 2015 1:02 PM
Jun 2013
yea cause stabbing yourself in front of the students does wonders for their minds. hope he didint have some type of disease that can be transfered by blood. Also why not blow your brains out. I mean it would have been less painful. Liked the mushy father talk thats one good dad. umm that last scene seemed rather pointless.
Mar 6, 2015 8:56 AM

Feb 2015
They are making the obvious somehow even more obvious here. Beach episode? Really?
Mar 28, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, a beach episode :D :D :D
Hope that helps the diversity of deaths :D
Mar 28, 2015 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
This series really needs to cut it out with the gruesome, throat-related deaths. >____<

yay beach episode~

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 17, 2015 2:05 AM

Feb 2013
That doll room still freaks me the hell out, even more so this episode thanks to Mei acting extra creepy in it. Also her being so emotionless, even after witnessing that teachers death is just...odd. I'm starting to think she actually is some kinda doll that came to life or something :/.

I'm also starting to think Kouchi's aunt is actually dead, she just acts really weird. Not to mention they never did find out who the dead one was from 15 years ago, so maybe due to the calamity stopping midway she just stuck around? I'm probably wrong but eh.

Also if someone doesn't get eaten by a shark next episode I'll be highly disappointed lol.
Shape430Apr 17, 2015 11:42 AM
Apr 20, 2015 5:52 PM
Dec 2012
So am I the only person at this point kinda shipping twintails and Kouichi? Their interactions in this episode made me root for it, I like Mei but the fact she's so emotionless makes me think that they work better as friends...

I also can't work out who i think the dead one is! I'll be pretty upset if it ends up being someone that we haven't met.
May 31, 2015 4:51 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Teacher went all crazy. Loved it *-*
Beach episode is Anime only stuff so ofc Fan-service ;)

Oct 24, 2015 11:45 AM

May 2015
I don't get why no one finds it suspicious that Misaki had a cousin in the town who died during the school year. Speaking of which, some people seem to be confused. Misaki was likely visiting her COUSIN at the morgue. Her sister was a stillborn, meaning she died at birth.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 24, 2015 11:39 PM

Sep 2013
It would be funny as shit if Kouchi was the original person who died.
"Hey I'm in the picture lol oh wait-"
nep-nepOct 25, 2015 12:13 AM
Nov 19, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
Another keeps impressing me with its art and animation. Absolutely beautiful. Also, Mei is so pretty.
I'm a jazz number with no beat, tune, or direction.

Feb 7, 2016 8:31 PM

Sep 2012
great episode...........;.
Feb 14, 2016 11:17 AM

Aug 2015
Dang, another gruesome death. I guess Koichi was just a red herring so now I wonder who it might really be.
Feb 18, 2016 11:17 PM
Sep 2015
So the literally city sized plot-hole is, if the curse/phenomenon/whatever doesn't extend to outside the city limits, as we've learned in Episode 6, WHY DON'T THEY ALL MOVE AWAY?? 100% chance to not be killed by this thing, and they pass it up because.... plot induced stupidity. WTF.
Mar 14, 2016 3:16 PM

Mar 2010
I really enjoyed this episode. I wonder what the guy meant when he insisted he saved them... Does that mean he killed those two students at the temple to stop the calamity? Maybe as some kind of offering to the dead? Interesting.
Mar 16, 2016 12:58 PM
Feb 2016
I've watched this episode. Then I went to school. I was on Maths class looking at my teacher and picturing him... you know.... This thing is that I sit on the desk right in front of teacher's.... God...
This anime is really exaggerated. Where on Hell would a techer kill himself in front of his class?? There are so many bridges on this world....
May 25, 2016 2:45 PM

Jan 2014
Desireless said:
And also, didn't Mei say she died shorty during the operation or something, maybe she's the dead one then.

I'm pretty certain that's a red herring.

The prime candidate in my eyes is Akazawa. I suspect her to actually be Kouchi's mother. It'd explain the connection they have. I also think that what stopped the phenomenon mid-year 15 years earlier was that two persons, rather than one, died during the school trip. They must have 'killed' of the deceased person, explaining the second death.

That said, I'm not sure about this at all yet. There are basically three things bothering me:
  • Why did they stop going on trips in the 9th year, if it was during the 9th year trip that the phenomenon was halted?
  • Kouchi's father seems to remember him being in Yomiyama about one and a half years prior to the start of the series. What is that about?

• What precisely is the connection between the extra deceased person and the deaths in class?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 25, 2016 2:36 AM
Sep 2015
Laionidas said:
Desireless said:

I'm pretty certain that's a red herring.

The prime candidate in my eyes is Akazawa. I suspect her to actually be Kouchi's mother. It'd explain the connection they have. I also think that what stopped the phenomenon mid-year 15 years earlier was that two persons, rather than one, died during the school trip. They must have 'killed' of the deceased person, explaining the second death.

That said, I'm not sure about this at all yet. There are basically three things bothering me:
  • Why did they stop going on trips in the 9th year, if it was during the 9th year trip that the phenomenon was halted?
  • Kouchi's father seems to remember him being in Yomiyama about one and a half years prior to the start of the series. What is that about?

• What precisely is the connection between the extra deceased person and the deaths in class?

I think it's Kouchi, if you go back to the scene where he shakes hands with twin tails, his hand is slightly transparent, and you can see through it to what's on the table. This seems like perhaps him losing faith in his mortality could affect his physical form? Also you noted the earlier episode where his father said he was there a year and a half ago, then dropped it, I believe this is the memory altering portion in effect.
Jul 31, 2016 8:48 AM

Oct 2015
is it really necessary for a horror anime like another to have a beach episode?
like, don't you have a better way to spend the time to, for example, explaim the damn plot?
Oct 29, 2016 12:21 PM
Jul 2016
You'd think after a teacher had stabbed himself in the throat in front of his entire class that school would be cancelled for at least a few days right?
Dec 22, 2016 8:39 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 07 - Sphere Joint:

The sensei commit suicide, in front of 15 years old student (must be a shock for them).

Akazawa goes immediately to the point, Kouichi can be the death one (mysteries involves Kouichi mom's was a supposed death by the calamity) as a joke.

Mei tell Kouichi that he is not the one that is dead (maybe she can see something withthe doll's eyes of hers)

Akazawa maybe know Kouichi from childhood, and then the group get a hint of a man named Katsumi Matsunaga which was from the same class of Kouichi aunt, this person says that he know how to stop the calamity and that he left a note of this somewhere. But cause of the Curse itself his memory has been erased.

4/5
Apr 17, 2017 6:48 AM

Oct 2015
So many death flag :( mature ladies are bound to be gone. I think it gonna work the same way as the ring, even after breaking the curse it will still goes on again and again. Maybe the two who died during the trip was sacrificed?
May 2, 2017 5:29 AM

Apr 2015
If Sakakibara isn't dead, then who is?

I don't know why but I found the whole teacher killing himself funny.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Sep 18, 2017 8:08 PM

May 2013
Oh man, I think that's one of the best kill scenes I've witnessed in an anime. It was superb.
Nov 9, 2017 4:31 PM
Apr 2014
That's not what I expected he was going to do with the knife. Can't complain though. Very surprising and definitely not expected like the previous gory deaths(the heart attack was kinda sudden, too, but it was missing punch).

He could have done that at home though. No need to scar his students for life. And the other teacher seems to be losing it now, too. Seems as she's seen this happening before, too, according to the library guy. Well, if that was her. Maybe it was a different teacher.

This is actually getting interesting again. I'm disappointed that it's not a ghost story (I don't know why but the mystery is kinda gone. It's just "who is the next to die a brutal death" now) but the suspense is there again. Who will be the extra? I suspect the head of countermeasures or Koichi. It's weird his father remembers him being in that town almost 2 years ago and he himself doesn't. Might be just because of the phenomenon though. I guess that's what they want the viewer to think anyway.

And I honestly feel like he is going to kills his father with the constant questioning.
Mar 1, 2018 11:02 PM
Dec 2017
I thought he is a teacher..
But unfortunately he is nothing just a asshole!!

First he killed his own mother and kill himself.. not only that if he wants to kill himself so badly.. because of that he used a knife
Why not he try it somewhere else.. that asshole killed himself in front all classroom Student! what a pretty stupidity..

I like the way he think.. asshole
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.