Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 26, 2008 3:33 PM

May 2008
Nvermind who Momo ended up with.
Who were you cheering for during the anime?

I, personally, fell in love with Okayasu the moment he spoke. He made the otherwise bad anime completely worth my time. What do you guys think?

Aug 29, 2008 12:34 PM

Jun 2008
Okayasu too I wouldn't have it any other way if Momo ended up with Touji I'd be so pissed off and give this anime a really low score.
HEY!
Sep 16, 2008 1:26 PM

May 2008
Yar I would be soooo peed off if she did end up with Tohji.....but I was soo sure she would XD. Guess I was wrong! Good Good XDDD

Mar 26, 2009 6:25 PM

Feb 2009
I was rooting for Okayasu the whole time Yay >w<!
Apr 16, 2009 3:10 PM

Jun 2008
I can't believe I spoiled myself about who she would end up with after promising myself that I wouldn't spoil myself but I'm soooooooo happy to see that she does end up with Kairi! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
Jun 18, 2009 12:41 PM

Dec 2007
I really didn't like Touji because he was so easily fooled and manipulated by people. If he was a little smarter and listened to the girl he loved instead of the bitchy psycho girl maybe he would be with her instead. Kairi always seemed to be looking out for her from the beginning. He may have been a bit of a playboy with all his past girlfriend woes and issues (I mean wtf the school nurse? Come on now in America you would go lose your job over that shizz) , but Momo seemed to be the girl he ended up caring about the most.
Jun 27, 2009 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
Don't shoot me for this but, I think that Momo would've looked better with Touji if he didn't do all that stuff to her (date Sae, etc.) But oh well, Okayasu wasn't bad at all, he's an awesome character and probably the best one in the entire anime!
Jul 7, 2009 7:20 PM

Feb 2008
Touji first then Kairi.
Always hated both of them a little bit but liked Kairi a lot more because of the whole "I love the tsundere so I'm going to almost molest her at any chance I have."
Jul 20, 2009 5:04 PM

Jul 2008
Kairi because of the way that he understands her unlike Touji. Even though Touji made the sacrifice, he should have done more for her like at least tell her not to tell Sae about the pictures.
Jul 29, 2009 10:42 PM

Oct 2008
Kairi, without a doubt. I just never cared for Touji from the start because...well let's face it- he's dull as dish water. :/
Nov 12, 2009 8:44 AM

Sep 2009
Okayasu, Kairi :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Nov 26, 2009 2:42 PM

Oct 2008
Okayasu :D <3

Dec 19, 2009 4:27 PM

Jun 2008
Okayasuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! i almost thought she was going to stay with Touji, but i always loved more Okayasu, so, i was really glad:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 19, 2009 4:32 PM
Aug 2007
Okayasu! I could not stand Touji, and I ♥ Kairi so much, with or without Momo -- but he was so good with Momo xD
Mar 30, 2010 4:12 AM

Jun 2007
This is a no-brainer. Toji did sacrifice himself to protect Momo, and he did love her. However, he was a dullard and did way too many idiotic things for me to like him. I mean, what sort of guy would kiss their girlfriend's friend in order to practice before kissing their girlfriend? And the way he was needlessly dickish to Momo when he was forced to break-up with her also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Kairi is a far better character. Unlike Toki, he receives in-depth development (that was the clue I needed to guess who would be the man for Momo, btw) and one word you can't use to describe him is 'dull'. He was always there for Momo whenever Toji acted like a complete idiot; even when he knew he couldn't win her heart. It'd take a lot for any guy to put their own feelings aside in order for their love to be happy. Even when he started thinking more about another woman, his first reaction was to break-up with Momo in order to avoid hurting her feelings.

Throughout the entire show, I was 100% behind Kairi, and I may well have low scored it had Momo gone with the dullard over him. (Momo sleeping with Toji was bad enough!)
Apr 5, 2010 4:21 AM

Jul 2007
Okayasu all the way. This whole story actually reminded me of a similar situation in my life.. can quite relate to Okayasu in the whole thing; I'd be so angry with a different ending.
Nov 1, 2010 10:07 AM

Jun 2010
Of course, Okayasu ^_^
Nov 15, 2011 12:07 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, okay this is the latest reply, a year later, but agh. I just have to share my view on this.

I had heard so many bad reviews of this anime, but I still gave it a go, and tbh I liked it. And I like Kairi. But I like Touji better. I feel like... Momo only ended up with Kairi by accident, and idk djaksfjk;ld. I got to episode 20 &amp; realized what was gonna end up happening so I dropped it :\

The only thing Touji did wrong was make a bad decision when being blackmailed by Sae, but even then, it was FOR Momo. Maybe I would've actually finished the anime if Touji at least got a happy ending, if not with Momo. Touji may have been "dull" compared to Kairi, but because she spent so much more time with Kairi, we didn't get much of an opportunity to see much of Touji's personality.

Ugh idk. Don't get me wrong, I like Kairi too. BUT POOR TOUJI I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM. And this is why I hate love triangles - I always end up rooting for the wrong one :(
"have you ever really danced on the edge? is something still scaring you?"
Dec 21, 2011 12:04 PM
May 2009
i understand how hard is it to choose who to go with, i mean choosing whether to continue with one guys is hard enough. I liked Touji from the beginning, although he did seem to be a little too extreme about the whole breakup thing with momo, but i really think he meant well, he was trying to make Momo turn away so it wouldn't be so hard for the both of them. Although he did seem to mind what Sae said too much at first, i felt that he matured a lot after that, being more composed and all at the end (at least compared to Kairi, it was still good to see him break down trying to defend what he had with Momo though, showed his desparation). I see him as the guy who'd be responsible, loyal and faithful, the relationship would be stable and secure, family man perhaps. More of the my-good-friend-who's-also-my-husband kind.

I really like Kairi too, especially the way he always stuck up for her and was there for her every single time. Loved his carefree attitude too. But the whole I'm-in-love-with-someone-else-even-more thing was really a bother, i'm glad he cleared that up. It was quite foolish of him not to call Momo when he knew he'd be late for their secret date and the whole thing was kinda messed up by him. And then he messed up even more lying about still caring for Misao when he really loved Momo only, that made reconciling so much harder. I think he was more childish than Touji in many ways, especially after Momo got back together with Touji for the second time, although that shows how much he really wanted Momo. He strikes me as the kind that you'd be madly in love with, but the relationship isn't always stable, having as many ups and downs as you would sparks and fireworks. I really wouldn't know which to choose.

overall good anime but all the abrupt plot twists made my head spin (not saying that is a bad thing for an anime though)
Feb 12, 2012 7:11 PM

Feb 2012
I wanted Momo to wind up with Kairi. ♥
Apr 9, 2012 2:39 AM
Oct 2011
kiley all the way
it was the best feel ever when they ended up together
May 15, 2012 9:04 PM

Apr 2012
OKAYASU TILL THE END !
i love his character !
i know he's the usual playboy type, but.. his other personality which made me fall in love with him is his smart-ass attitude and he's very much understanding (even though he's such a carefree guy ;u;)

http://12years.smackjeeves.com : READ MY ORIGINAL WEBMANGA!
Nov 1, 2012 8:49 PM

Jan 2012
lol @ 22 for Kairi and 0 for Touji

but then again, who doesn't want a fun person to be with..
Jan 1, 2013 8:00 AM

Nov 2012
Kairi no doubt, Touji suck from the begining until the end.
Mar 28, 2014 6:07 AM

Jul 2012
Toji
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Mar 28, 2014 6:26 AM
Dec 2013
Kairi for sure, how can you not like him? He's so funny and adorable.
Mar 28, 2014 7:00 AM

Jul 2012
NarTaco said:
Kairi for sure, how can you not like him? He's so funny and adorable.

To me he's annoying.
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Mar 7, 2016 8:44 PM
Jul 2014
I like what Toji was trying to do, he really liked her and I appreciate that he was just as anxious about losing momo as Okayasu, even if he didn't show it. But I feel Okayasu was overall the better choice, the two of them had better chemistry and he was always there for her. I loved seeing him with her when sae was dragging her down. I feel really bad for Toji though cause of all he did and for loving her all that time, must've been hard for him.
Mar 8, 2016 9:21 AM

Mar 2010
Touji had the personality of a sack of potatoes, so of course Okayasu was the better choice.
Mar 8, 2016 8:10 PM

Jan 2016
I love Kairi. He's fun , he's funny and he goes thru great lengths to show someone he loves them. But he doesn't try or purposely harm himself or his life, he was in love. And being in love makes u do crazy things without thinking. He truly truly cares for Momo.. and after that stressful and emotional ride throughout the entire anime, I'm glad she chose him. He was the perfect guy..

Touji, I liked him in the beginning until the drama started. Momo begged for him to listen to her nd not Sae but he was too damn stupid. Smh I hated him. Then when they got back together again, it was cool. He was very sweet nd loving nd everything was working out.. until Sae blackmailed him with the pic. That's what I don't understand. Instead of doing those despicable things to Momo he couldn't have just told her what was really going on so she wouldn't feel so worthless.. and played Sae without her knowing?? Stupid Touji.. then gonna come back to the rescue nd tell her to forget about all that. Act like it didn't happen.. he don't know what's she went thru to get over it..

Loved the episode when Kairi took Momo out shopping nd bought her a new outfit, hair nd nails done just so she won't feel so bad bcuz of the breakup. Thatso when I fell in love with Kairi.. 😍😍😍😍
Mar 8, 2016 8:20 PM

Dec 2015
Kairi Okayasu!

He loved her for who she truly was and he stood up for her when no one else was looking.
Of course I would choose him over Touji.
Banner credit to @turnip
Apr 16, 2019 1:09 AM

Aug 2017
Toji was a dunce but his feelings for Momo did not waver like Okayasu's. Okayasu had huge charm early on but lost points later.

Okayasu x Sae would have been a good ending I think.
Sep 21, 2019 2:36 PM
Dec 2018
It isn't even close.

People saying that Toji is more like a man and Okayasu is a boy, well I don't buy that. Toji was a decent guy. But, compared to Okayasu, he just doesn't cut it.

Toji believed Sae's lies early on and wouldn't believe his girlfriend. He then didn't trust her to work out Sae's blackmailing and treated her terribly.

Okayasu, on the other hand, admitted that he had another crush, he knew it was a crush, really, and worked to resolve it. He was up front about everything and trusted her. On the other hand, Momo didn't trust him enough and didn't take his word about his brother. She doubted him with Misao, which led to her letting Toji turn up and hijack the trip she meant to go on with Okayasu.

Okayasu was always there for her, took her out when she was feeling low and had just got dumped. He even helped Toji to see what Sae was really like during the swimming meet. He also knew he was second best and went along with it. He wouldn't have let Sae blackmail him to dump Momo.

And even after she went on the trip with Toji and he saw them, he tried to put on a brave face and pretended that he hadn't.

He was always far more suited to her, no one made her laugh like he did and he's just an all round better guy to have around. Protective, kind and just a lot more fun. It would have been a travesty had she ended up with Toji.
Oct 13, 2019 8:25 AM
Oct 2018
Okayasu, because momo and he loved each other in a romantic way .... and I liked kairi's personality more, besides touji wanted to protect her more like his sister, and momo appreciated him since it was his first love and except being exposed by Sae :))
Mar 26, 2020 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
I was cheering for Okayasu aka Kairi x Momo the whole time. I literally shed tears during the scene where Kairi was crying while surrounded by snowfall. The scene after Kairi witnessed Touji and Momo back together.

A character in the anime said that Touji was mature, and Kairi was immature. But Touji was fooled and manipulated easily by Sae. He also didn't trust his girlfriend (Momo) over Sae. There was a lot more trust between Kairi and Momo. Kairi was clever enough to see through Sae's tricks, and wasn't deceived by her. Touji is silent and straight laced. He seems more mature because he is more quiet. At first, he knew Momo swam alot because of her tanned skin, and bleached hair. But he didn't completely trust in Momo as his partner. On the other hand, Kairi traveled across a storm, and endangered his life to save Momo. Momo and Kairi also seem to act more natural together. Momo is more tomboyish, and straightforward with Kairi.
May 15, 2020 9:43 PM

Aug 2014
I was rooting for Toji because when together, the female MC and Touji just clicked. You could feel the romance.

Okayasu was just too much of a jokester for me to take him seriously

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 4 Discussion

flaxman85 - Oct 31, 2012

23 by _4nim4_ »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SunSir - Mar 5, 2008

53 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 22, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 23 Discussion

funkotaku - Feb 17, 2013

8 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 22, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 22 Discussion

SunSir - Mar 5, 2008

11 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 22, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 20 Discussion

SunSir - Mar 5, 2008

18 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 21, 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.