Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2013
Ending drops it from a 10 to a 9 for me.
Jun 2, 2014 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't like the ending at all. Why the hell he moved to USA? And he remained a single after all lol
8/10 for series, I had some great laugh
3/5 for episode
AizixJun 2, 2014 2:20 PM
Jun 27, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2013
Rethice said:
I gave it a 6/10 (Which believe it or not, means above average, my 10/10 spamming friends)
As a comedy, it failed, but that's because good anime comedies are rare.

10/10, would brain dead again.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 15, 2014 3:55 PM

Dec 2010
Good anime, but couldn't give it a 9. It had 43 episodes, so there is no excuse for it to feel so unfinished.

It's too bad, this was a really great story, just like so many anime felt unfinished.

Still a fun ride 8/10. Could have been perfect though.
Jul 19, 2014 1:50 AM

May 2012
Ending was pretty disappointing but it's one of the funniest anime I've seen and I'll definitely be reading the manga. The vice principal and Kanzaki were my favorites. 8/10
Aug 5, 2014 11:44 AM

Jun 2012
Im in the coolest drivers high right now. I want a remake.
Aug 21, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2013
a great series, the ending was kinda nice too, seeing Onizuka for the last time protecting his student. Though it was rushed a little bit yeah, still a 10/10 for me, I had so much fun in this anime.
Aug 27, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
Probably they could have been coming out with a better way to finish it (which is, anyway, still not that bad). The ending indeed feels a bit rushed with many things left behind. If not a whole second season, at least, some kind of spin-off would have been greatly appreciated.

Overall, a great series, an authentic modern classic of Japanese animation.
Aug 30, 2014 12:26 AM

Oct 2013
So he became a teacher of California highschool huh? well i didn't see that coming, i expected that he'd come back to seirin highschool and start it all overagain, and get married with Fuyutsuki if possible. The ending was a bit rough for me though but it was great.

Overall score 8/10, now onto the manga
Sep 20, 2014 4:43 AM

Sep 2014
I really loved the ending. I can understand the complaints in regards to Onizuka running off from the police (even though he would have been freed anyways) and the fact that he 'runs' off to California. However I feel that this suits the tone of the show, which is all about the juxtaposition between the serious moments and the totally random ice breakers that catch you off guard. It's the unpredictability that keeps you on your toes throughout this show what what makes this character such a fun one. He's the guy who pulls through no matter the situation and I think if you watch the last episode with the idea that Onizuka returns to both the school and Fuyutsuki after the credits are done (which he will because that's the kind of guy he is) then I think the ending feels a lot better. He's not a teacher to the students anymore, he's done his job. Likewise he's not a colleague of Fuyutsuki's but he's still a friend to the student and a lover to her. He'll be back.
Sep 27, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2014
marathoned all 43 episodes in 2 days , 10/10
Oct 7, 2014 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
I was sad to see it end... This anime made had a laughs and Onizuka is awesome, doesnt matter what they do he comes up on top, everyone was against him and in the end everyone respected him. It was a great episode but it felt too rushed, but amazing series a 8/10 for me.
Nov 8, 2014 10:43 PM

May 2011
EXCELLENT ENDING. Despite rushing the main idea in two episodes, I'm glad they could pull off such a great exit before the manga ended. I'm really glad Miyabi learnt her lesson, despite being rather flimsy (it's just 2 episodes of development) and she was too late. GTO's got to leave. 10/10, no doubt.
"We are professionals in a sacred career!" Uchiyamada defined himself in the end. Heck Japanese political corruption.

Mitsukai- said:
Rethice said:
I gave it a 6/10 (Which believe it or not, means above average, my 10/10 spamming friends)

So, I'm really redeeming it by saying that its inspirational and touching moments were good enough for me to give it a 6/10. As a comedy, it failed, but that's because good anime comedies are rare.

Please take your mood-ruining sarcastic remarks elsewhere. To come in and say people are "spamming 10/10" is none of your business. If they like it, they are entitled to rank it as they see fit.

You yourself didn't like it, and that's just grand, but don't come in here saying that just because someone else ranked it 10 that their opinion is wrong.

THIS. One does not have the right to comment and correct on what others have to think about as a masterpiece. I strongly agree with your statement.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Nov 8, 2014 10:56 PM

Jun 2014
the last few episode i miss the dat face onizuka xD LOL
overall this a good series IMO
Nov 9, 2014 5:58 PM

Nov 2012
There's so many things I'm going to miss..
From the character interactions
To onizukas crazy costumes
To hearing " MY cresssssstttaaaaaaaaaaa"
Nov 17, 2014 1:56 PM

May 2012
Pretty great overall. It was entertaining from start to finish...but that ending. Geez

8/10 for me

Urumi quickly became a favorite as well. She didn't take shit from anyone

Nov 20, 2014 4:59 AM

Dec 2013
Why is there no second season?? :((
I'm going to really miss the originality and art style of this series
Dec 16, 2014 10:31 PM
Jan 2011
I had a good time watching this anime. The silly and over the top outrageous moments helped tide me over while i was grinding levels on a game. However at the end of the day this anime had too many cons for me to rate it higher than a 7/10.
Dec 28, 2014 11:41 PM

Jan 2013
Absolutely amazing anime, lol.

I'll give it 10/10. The ending was really crappy and rushed and made Onizuka look like a hypocrite (he ran away from his students to California!! lol) and that could've reduced it to a 9/10.

However, person to person wise, I'd say I'm very similar to Onizuka lol and relate to him. What he does sends a very good life message to me, so that's enough to put it back to a perfect 10/10 - which for me, only three other anime have that honour: One Piece, Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Hajime no Ippo.
Jan 10, 2015 8:14 AM
Apr 2014
Great anime overall except for of course for a few things.

First is obviously the rushed ending. Especially any sort of relationship between him and Fuji..something or other. Forget her name, but the other teacher.

Second is.. and I hope this doesn't rile up feminists, but some of the girls in this anime deserved a good slap. Of course Miyabi did and actually got one, but I honestly think Kanzaki did before AND after she befriended GTO. I mean.. She had a poisonous snake bite his **** because he put her in a room full of super nerds. I know it's supposed to be silly, but compared to the actual pranks when they didn't like GTO, this is like 100X worse, yet we were supposed to take THOSE pranks seriously and not a poisonous snake bite. Can't really say whatever mental problems that girl has is fixed. She just happens to like her teacher.. Also, the girl who ends up liking Yoshikawa (forget her name) deserves a good slap BY Yoshikawa, and a disgusted rejection to any confession she may have, (are we forgetting he tried to killed himself twice because of her?), Yoshikawa himself needed the crap beat out of him for being everyone's b****. If you think about it, that problem was never fixed either.

Sorry, went off on a little rant there. It was just one of those animes were I couldn't help but say out loud, so many times, "What the HELL are you doing!?!?"

Anyway, I'd give the anime 7/10. I wonder how many of those problems would have been fixed had the show not most likely been cancelled/how it actually goes in the manga if it kept going past that point, but I don't care enough to find out.
Jan 10, 2015 8:18 AM

Oct 2008
Mavsynchroid said:
but some of the girls in this anime deserved a good slap.

Everyone in this anime besides Onizuka deserved a good slap in the face,like during the second time when they were all doubting Onizuka when he was tricked into getting caught in that kinky picture (again) and everyone instantly completely ignored everything that happened that far and turned their backs on him,just myeah....
If it weren't for Onizuka as a main character this show would have been borderline un-watchable for me.
Jan 27, 2015 11:08 PM

Dec 2013
amateur said:
Mavsynchroid said:
but some of the girls in this anime deserved a good slap.

Everyone in this anime besides Onizuka deserved a good slap in the face,like during the second time when they were all doubting Onizuka when he was tricked into getting caught in that kinky picture (again) and everyone instantly completely ignored everything that happened that far and turned their backs on him,just myeah....
If it weren't for Onizuka as a main character this show would have been borderline un-watchable for me.

somewhat agree. the only characters I really liked where Onizuka, Kikuchi and Yoshikawa. Uchiyamada was the only antagonist I liked because he actually brought humor in his attempts to get Onizuka fired with his Cresta and in the end he wasnt such a bad guy at all.
Feb 14, 2015 7:42 PM

Sep 2014
Where is my closure? I need closure! I wanted to see Aizawa break down In tears
Feb 21, 2015 10:26 AM

Jan 2015
Just finished it. It was a great series. 10/10

I think it covers up to chapter 106 of the manga, for those who want to continue it.
Mar 2, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
It wasn't what everyone made it about to be but wasn't bad either 7/10 because ending was weird.
Mar 14, 2015 9:03 PM

Jul 2014
1/10 simply because Fuyu x Oni didn't happen....

/sarcasm

Okay, in all seriousness... I'm incredibly disappointed.... to me, it doesn't matter how good an anime is prior to the final episode. If the ending does not impress me, I feel like I've wasted my time, and that's exactly how I felt. It's a shame, but that's just a part of my picky nature.
Mar 14, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2014
BohemianRhapsody said:
Just finished it. It was a great series. 10/10

I think it covers up to chapter 106 of the manga, for those who want to continue it.

Thank you bro... I will take into consideration
Mar 23, 2015 7:51 PM

Sep 2010
Great anime even if I disliked the original ending with him in Cali it didn't feel canon to me. xD

9/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 18, 2015 12:58 AM

Nov 2013
Well the ending kinda's lacking. 6-7/10.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 20, 2015 5:50 PM
Apr 2014
No mistake about it this is one of my favorite anime right now. I'd love too see more anime with gang activity like this one when you're supposed to act good but you're bad as hell shit that explains my life haha. I have to say 10/10 right here and I usually can't say that about many anime.
Anime is best at your Highest content.
Apr 28, 2015 6:32 PM
Nov 2010
This was a very interesting watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I regret putting it off for so long.
May 1, 2015 8:08 AM

Apr 2015
90s anime are still the best like this one ending was rushed tho.

Hi
May 7, 2015 7:58 PM

Apr 2014
Just rewatched it again. Still amazing.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
May 13, 2015 2:24 PM
Mar 2012
I never read the manga but the ending was perfect the story teaches you in such a deep level about kids and how they feel when they grow up how they aren't adults yet, but it let's you also see that adults don't know that what they do or how they learned it can be wrong. Onizuka is the perfect example of a grown man that has all the wisdom in the world needed but who will always remain a child that's why he can connect to these children and everyone around him because he is kind, loyal, funny and does things his way a true example.

He left but hey the chairman said he will be back and she has proven to be a wise and spot on person. Onizuka will be back ofcourse look at the intro and outro of this anime he loves her he will come back. He just feels he is needed somewhere else but he won't be gone for long. Sure the children will miss him but they are fixed now, they are a happy class they can't always rely on Onizuka they had a wonderful time and sometimes it's best to end things at their peek.

So Onizuka will save some more souls and eventually he will come back and maybe teach on the same school you can even see it in the second outro or first can't remember but in the end Onizuka stands up from his desk and walks out of his classroom. When I look at those last seconds I feel like Onizuka looks older like he is 50-60 he leaves the room teaching for many years, teaching the beauty of being young and alive and then he walks out while he just thought of all those great moments. That is how GTO ends:
In your own mind, as Onizuka someone who will always be helping the people who need it and who will come back when he is ready to settle and to meet all his friends again.
May 14, 2015 9:03 PM

Aug 2013
Even for a filler ending it was still pretty good, all said and done this series was amazing, it far surpassed my expectations and I had such a blast watching it.
May 31, 2015 9:59 AM

Mar 2014
Why did it have to end :'(
Jun 4, 2015 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
i think the way it ended is just fine, if you want more read the manga, lol
:3
Jun 17, 2015 6:57 PM

Mar 2012
I didn't in any real way see how the ending was bad, yeah, a school in Cali is a little far fetched but I'd be more pissed if he went back. He's the "Great Teacher" and basically solved every student's problem like he said he would at the start, it's more fitting imo if he moved on to another problem class and continue to be the the General Badass he's been since episode 1.

10/10 for me, probably the best comedy I've watched to date, and to date I've also haven't seen a show with more character development (admittedly some were pretty weak) than this show. The only shitty part about this show is that it ended :(

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 2, 2015 9:19 AM
Apr 2013
8/10 for me.
Jul 3, 2015 8:40 AM
Nov 2014
Masterpiece/10.
VirginAmirulDec 3, 2015 10:55 AM
Jul 5, 2015 3:35 PM

Jul 2014
For a filler ending i feel like they did an excellent job. Great series
Jul 14, 2015 3:02 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty great series, first part was hilarious and second half was not quite that bad. Onizuka and co really helped making the anime better than it already was.

9/10
Jul 18, 2015 8:09 PM

Mar 2008
The Vice President was the highlight of this episode... I just really love that guy... Now I need to make room for him in my top 10 characters list....

Anyways, 9/10. First 5~10 episodes were a 10/10 though.
Aug 18, 2015 11:31 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, just wow.
It's been such a long time since an anime has left such a bad taste in my mouth.
After the wonderful beach field trip arc, I was certain this show was a 10/10, but these last two episodes were just god awful.
Nov 1, 2015 4:57 AM
Jul 2015
Fantastic series 9/10. Definitely one of my favorites now :)
KabutoNov 1, 2015 5:11 AM
Nov 2, 2015 11:25 AM
May 2013
An ending where he stayed at school instead going to USA > this ending .
A weak ending for a nice anime , I could've been Great if Onizuka's love life had more screen time .
Dec 5, 2015 10:16 AM

May 2014
Great anime overall, but the ending was definitely rushed. But aside from the ending and slightly dated animation, I was hugely satisfied.

The characters were amazingly done, and Onizuka is quite honestly the most badass goofball I've seen. Most episodes had me left in plasters just from laughing too hard, plus every episode had a good balance of humor as well as moral stuff.

9/10. Time to move to the manga.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jan 30, 2016 11:26 PM

Sep 2014
9/10 had me entertained throughout with a couple slow episodes. By the end I didn't want to say good bye to the characters and may check out the manga.

Add me on League of Legends: BigT - NA Server
Apr 10, 2016 3:31 PM

Sep 2015
I loved this anime.
I started as a filler, expected some more or less funny comedy with little substance.
What I got was so much more!
Many great characters, and the best of them Onizuka himself.

The only drawback I can see is that the last ~10 episodes focused too much on less interesting arcs (a couple of fillers + Anko), instead of giving us more time for Urumi, Kikuchi, Fuyutsuki, ..
It just feels like there is more to tell, but I guess that's why the manga is much longer than the anime. I suppose I will read it eventually.

9/10 from me.
Apr 12, 2016 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
That was a good series, can't really complain about anything but the ending :/ I wanted more.

6.5/10 for me
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

96 by CoreFinder »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

176 by SametTakao »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

» What are the chances for a full remake?

xONLYINHUMANx - Apr 8

17 by F4i53 »»
Apr 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 42 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

48 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

76 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 12, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.