Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Aug 27, 2014 8:05 AM

Jul 2012
Yes good. Finally, an explanation to this madness!

WolfWood37 said:
Finally we got the infodump, Class 3 are a bunch of dicks. I get why they are doing it but they should have explained this to him outright. Would have avoided a lot of confusion.

^
Sep 4, 2014 10:16 PM
Sep 2014
poor kouichi ;_;
Sep 27, 2014 6:03 AM

Aug 2014
So they created a lot of solutions to solve this case, but only they can do it's to choose one person of the class and think that person doesn't exists.... So sad.
Why they not try to delete the class to see if the problem will be solved?
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 19, 2014 11:02 AM

Oct 2014
...So Misaki isn't dead? Didn't see that coming, guess it's just a weird coincidence her and the girl who died shared the same name. Now that these two are outcasts, I wonder what will happen. I feel like people will still die.

I'm getting that feeling that maybe Sakakibara is the one who's dead now.
Jan 11, 2015 5:14 AM

Mar 2008
Final Destination Anime!
Jan 21, 2015 1:20 AM
Jun 2013
Ah so thats there plan and I guess it works. Untill they botched it and didint tell the new guy hey dont talk to her. Also the heart attack death was rather lame and random. So now we have basically a ghost thats a combination of other ghost that are killing people.
Mar 28, 2015 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
Sir_Lexa said:
VanillaIceCream said:
What I don't get, though, is why has the curse started again? Is it because Koichi joined the class? And if so, could it mean Koichi himself is dead?

Cause he didn't ignore Misaki. Probably.
Thanks.
Mar 28, 2015 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
J053PH said:
PaninaManina said:
I'm still not convinced that Misaki really exist.
Same here.

Same here as well. Even if it is a simple explanation of "everybody is pretending she doesn't exist," it doesn't answer the question of why SHE was picked. It's a simple coincidence the weird, soft-spoken girl maintaining a number of secrets of her own (why was she visiting the hospital?) is the one they exclude? Even if that is the case, there's still the chance she's the dead student.

Well, it's getting pretty interesting, at least.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 16, 2015 1:37 AM

Feb 2013
Sooo, one of the students is basically a zombie? Wasn't expecting that one lol.

But yeah, I had my doubts as to whether Misaki was actually a ghost or not. Shes still creepy as hell though. It still doesn't explain why she has the same exact name as the dead girl... is she like a relative or something?

Also I'm sorry, but the first thing that popped into my head when that kid started clutching at his heart was *GODDAMN YOU KIRA!* lmao.
May 31, 2015 3:48 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
souledge94 said:
Ah so thats there plan and I guess it works. Untill they botched it and didint tell the new guy hey dont talk to her. Also the heart attack death was rather lame and random. So now we have basically a ghost thats a combination of other ghost that are killing people.

That's why in the manga this death happens off-screen. In the Anime they decided to show it anyway.

It's just one ghost, not more. Every year ONE death person (who died because of this curse) comes back.

Oct 24, 2015 10:02 AM

May 2015
So basically everyone in the class is just an asshole?
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 24, 2015 10:28 AM

May 2015
souledge94 said:

It's a heart attack. Were you expecting fireworks and a choir or something?
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Feb 7, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2012
If she isn't a ghost, why was she invisible when the red head was looking at him standing next to her?
Feb 7, 2016 10:48 PM
Sep 2015
Guitarplayer18 said:
If she isn't a ghost, why was she invisible when the red head was looking at him standing next to her?

Wasn't she sitting down and blocked from view by another student?

Anyway, just watched this episode for the first time myself, and god did it feel good to have at least some answers.

Still dumbfounded why the students couldn't think of the much easier counter-measure - transfer schools before being placed into the cursed class!

Also, at no point was it too late to tell him the story and the rules. They didn't have to mention her by name, just told him that "to protect us from the curse, we have to completely ignore one student."
Feb 13, 2016 1:20 AM

Aug 2015
This was an interesting episode. We learned a lot and another death occured with no gore this time around.
Mar 14, 2016 1:10 PM

Mar 2010
What an awesome episode. I really liked the twist, having Misaki be a ghost wouldn't be nearly as interesting as this situation. (And I almost called it with Misaki working in that studio, turns out she actually lives in there. Oh well, the principle is the same: she's physically there, but she's not a customer, therefore the old lady wasn't lying.)
Anyway, one thing seems to be off: It looks like people are more likely to die when they acknowledge Misaki. It doesn't have to happen in all cases, obviously (look at the megane girl's mother, for example), but acknowledging she exists looks like a death sentence. Why doesn't it work on Sasakibara? Was it a coincidence? Or maybe it doesn't work on him because he wasn't a part of that class/someone close to that class when they made the decision to ignore her?
Anyway, I really hope Sasakibara isn't the dead person, that would be such a cliché.
I also really, really like that the reason they didn't want to tell him was logical. I mean, how are you going to tell your classmate to ignore Misaki without acknowledging she exists? He really shouldn't have been placed into this class.
IshikatsuMar 14, 2016 1:13 PM
Apr 13, 2016 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely many questions answered in this episode. I'm buying Misaki's explanation (she is alive and she exists, but people ignore her entirely to compensate for that one missing desk and chair). It's unfortunate that Sasakibara crossed paths with Misaki without learning the conditions of this class' little "charm," but it will make the rest of the show interesting. It got a bit more complicated now that people have already interacted with the MC.

It seems like this episode is the gateway to the chaos that follows the mistake of letting the MC join Class 3...
Apr 15, 2016 3:10 PM

Mar 2016
so Misaki isn't a ghost

I love how this is progressing
Apr 21, 2016 4:44 PM

Jun 2014
So basically all this crap is only happening because everyone is cryptic as hell for no reason.
Well done everybody.
May 20, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2014
this show's been decent so far but i wish they didn't just spoonfeed me all this background information through dialogue
Jul 25, 2016 5:47 AM

Mar 2016
I never actually doubted Misaki's existence.
Jul 31, 2016 7:51 AM

Oct 2015
but wait... his mother graduated in 1972 and this anime takes place in 1998 (as shown on the roster)
that means his mother was in class 3 26 years ago, so she was in that cass when Misaki died....
Aug 30, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2016
Suddenly explained the Title of the show;

"Another" meaning "Another person in the class"
Aug 31, 2016 9:48 AM

Feb 2016
How does it feel not to exist? XD
Oct 28, 2016 11:53 PM
Jul 2016
I'm not sure I really believe Mei truly exists yet. Hasn't she randomly disappeared after Kouichi talked with her before?
Nov 14, 2016 5:55 PM
Aug 2016
waaaaa, that was way better than i imagined. it would have been cliche if Misaki was to be dead and Kouichi were the only one to see her. this is goooood o.O
Dec 22, 2016 7:17 AM

Nov 2016
Episodio 05 - Build Limbs:

So the reason behind the "ignore Kouichi" Kouichi rules was for some type of charm, for no more deaths? that was created 10 years ago.

Then the previous class officer don't wanted to ignore Kouichi and neither tell him the true (mistake), but then Akazawa use her charm on Kouichi in a desperate way, so that there are no more deaths.

Then if Kazazami had warned him not to go to Mei, none of this would have happened? or maybe this would happen anyway, he won't ignore Mei, he was happy that she exists.

And because Kouichi talks with Mei which "does not exist" Now Kouichi must cease to exist in the class eyes for the charm to work.

Is possible that this "extra" student is Kouichi itself? or is someone from the ending?
and what happened to his mother in the first cursed class 3?
his mother dies because of the curse? just after Kouichi was born?

Now is the begining of a "romantic" (just kidding) relation between those that should not exist.

4/5
ArakitoDec 22, 2016 7:22 AM
Feb 20, 2017 11:07 PM

Aug 2013
It's annoying how they always say to stick to the rules, but nobody explain those said rules.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
May 2, 2017 4:34 AM

Apr 2015
First half was meh. At least some questions were finally answered in the second half.

I wonder how this will end though.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 4, 2017 1:23 PM

Jun 2016
Heart attack? Kira was here.

This is interesting, but one thing is can't they just "terminate" class? I mean, disband it and send students to other classes/schools.
Sep 18, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2013
Ooouuuuu~~~ so is Koichi dead or nahhhhh? lol xP at the beginning, Akazawa kept asking him if he's ever been to their part of town before bc she swears she's seen him before so maybe he IS dead and doesn't know it o__o
Nov 9, 2017 3:36 PM
Apr 2014
that "counter-measure" is so stupid... As soon as she started explaining I was like "don't tell me they ignore the girl to solve the problem of the student count". I was really hoping that's not it but it was >.>

So Misaki Mei is actually a regular student and not the ghost of a girl that died (most likely. I mean she could still be the "extra" person of the class in that year). That took quite a lot of mystery out of this tbh. I was hoping for something horror-like at least but it's just people being stupid. I mean technically there are still people dying in unlikely means but Misaki Mei is not the reason at all. So anticlimactic

I'm wondering how they are going to continue this now. They effectively reduced the story to two people unless they show it in two strings or the class realizes that it's already to late. I mean the class is trying to ignore them. They can't really interact withe each other anymore now.
Feb 6, 2018 7:52 AM
Jan 2018
OrangePal said:
There's only one explanation for Takabayashi's death. KIRA.

Anywho, im starting to think that Kouichi might be the dead guy...

KIRA - holy crap that was a good one!
Mar 1, 2018 9:58 PM
Dec 2017
owah! nice ep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 8, 2018 4:06 PM

Sep 2017
I was happy when Takabayashi died. He tried to associate with that bitch Sakakibara and look what happened.

Sakakibara continues to distress me this episode. I hope he dies while worms eat at his body. He continues acknowledging that Mei exists just because he wants to get laid. Motherfucker.

The class made the right decision by isolating Sakakibara. Sakakibara is my most hated character of all time. I hope that bitch dies. I mean, he is not even concerned about Mikami's death and also doesn't shed a tear for Takabayashi's death. If I was in the classroom, I would have killed him already. That heartless bastard. I mean, though Takabayashi thoroughly deserved his death, Sakakibara is the only one who doesn't care. It is like he wants everyone in the class to die.

I don't care if Mei actually exists or not. She should have stopped conversing and interacting with that bitch of Sakakibara, in order to save people from dying. She knew all this and still decided to provoke him further.

That stupid nurse totally deserved her death from last episode. She was a corrupt nurse who was stupid to go to the school terrace for a fucking phone call. The only one in this anime who is little bit likable is Izumi. I am gonna just down rate this anime if they decide to praise Sakakibara's actions as heroic. Only way I give this anime a 8 is if Sakakibara dies in a ditch horribly and regrets his actions.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 17, 2018 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
Wait a minute. Mei was ignored, thereby decreasing the count by one. If Kouichi transferred in, would that not increase by one? Thereby negating the ignoring of Mei? I am a bit confused there tbh..
Oct 3, 2018 12:47 AM

Jul 2016
Agree with the guy above me.

If they are ignoring Mei to bring the count down then shouldn't they have to ignore somebody else as soon as our MC transferred in?

Jan 2, 2019 8:27 PM

Jun 2015
^ same with the two people above me. why ignore kouichi is mei is the one being ignored? although now i'm thinking the "dead person" who has a soul and memories still is kouichi
May 8, 2019 9:25 AM

Dec 2018
I think how to avoid the death is to not to talk about the incident ever anymore.

So Mei still alive and just being ignored just like Misaki. And now they're ignoring them both, but the moment Teshigawara said sorry to Kouichi, the whole plan failed. I think they need to do that as a class not just as a person. If 1 person fails then all fails.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 25, 2019 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
Vindicater said:
Agree with the guy above me.

If they are ignoring Mei to bring the count down then shouldn't they have to ignore somebody else as soon as our MC transferred in?

good point, they failed from the start, even if he/mc would have never spoken to mei they were still screwed, they were so dumb 😂

@JeremiahOrange
they were already screwed cause mc transfering there cause they already had 1extra student and woth him its 2extras, death reall has hard on class 3 to screw them over by adding 1more this time to screw up their counter mesure

saengdao said:
^ same with the two people above me. why ignore kouichi is mei is the one being ignored? although now i'm thinking the "dead person" who has a soul and memories still is kouichi

doesn't make sense cause they had the extra before him transfering there

Sugram22Jun 25, 2019 9:46 AM
May 22, 2020 1:08 PM

Apr 2020
Not as gory as last episode but that's okay because i'm happy that Misaki's and Kouichi's relationship is growing!
Jun 8, 2020 7:30 AM

Mar 2016
I think Mei is alive but there must be more to her than this, come on, the girl visited morgue for doll parts!

So something supernatural just doesn't want that class to have one more student ..

Soi think i got it, the rule 4 might be about ghosting one chosen person in the class. And everyone who died in previous episodes had broken that rule, no doubt.

BUT.
QUESTION.
Is Mochizuki alive rn??? He mentioned Misaki in the note for Kouichi!

also i don't think that Kouichi is the second extra person, i think the class decided to ignore him too so that they won't end up acknowledging Misaki because of his questions !

And I really wonder who is the ghost! no clue for now!
Jul 4, 2020 5:43 AM

May 2018
Finally some answers! Rip the guy with the bad heart, though
Sep 1, 2020 9:10 PM
Oct 2019
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Hey, uh, morons. It might help to say what the damn rules are in the first place, and explain why you have them!

I'm glad somebody finally explained what the folklore is. And also explained what was going on with the class and its rules, sort of. Sounds kind of ridiculous, but whatever. I'll just accept them for what they are.
Sep 3, 2020 5:13 AM
Dec 2017
Great episode. Exposition dump but thats fine because it was important because it was starting to get too confusing to keep track of. Still a couple mysteries to reveal yet so the suspense is still thick.
Sep 23, 2020 6:55 AM

Jul 2020
So Mei became a sacrifice, poor girl. I wonder why she’s the one who were treated to be nonexistent.
Dec 4, 2020 8:47 AM
Apr 2016
Why are they not running away from that school as fast as they fucking can?
Feb 1, 2021 4:47 AM
Aug 2020
its very good ep cuz they give alot of backgorund info!
Jun 10, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2021
Whew finally we get to know what's actually going on. Mei Misaki ain't dead :')
Also if I were to be ignored and not told anything clearly I would have thrown my hands pretty soon lol. Also that class rep girl Akazawa right? She seems so ignorant and annoying. If they could just discuss this with Koichi, it would have been hella better. He would have atleast known the reason and it would have been easy to cooperate with others.

Jun 10, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2021
Whew finally we get to know what's actually going on. Mei Misaki ain't dead :')
Also if I were to be ignored and not told anything clearly I would have thrown my hands pretty soon lol. Also that class rep girl Akazawa right? She seems so ignorant and annoying. If they could just discuss this with Koichi, it would have been hella better. He would have atleast known the reason and it would have been easy to cooperate with others.

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.