Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 29, 2008 11:27 AM

Jul 2008
great episode, really like minna singing. now sakamoto is weakend, wonder what will happen. i kinda see the death flag for her.

Aug 31, 2008 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
Finally, some much-needed plot development!
Sep 3, 2008 11:11 AM

Apr 2007
This was one of my favorite battle scenes. Very action oriented and you actually got to see some of the witches use powers you ddin't know they had. (^_^)
Sep 4, 2008 11:05 PM

Apr 2008
Minna had the right idea. Hetero = HeterNO
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Sep 5, 2008 10:23 PM

Dec 2007
Minna's singing was the best part of the episode, but the episode as a whole was also good.

I'm going to agree with the general thoughts of this thread - this series continues to be better than I expected. I'm going to up my score for it by a point.
Sep 6, 2008 6:27 AM

Oct 2006
LoveWifeLunch said:
Minna had the right idea. Hetero = HeterNO

QFT :D
Sep 12, 2008 3:43 AM

May 2008
Yay, Miyafuji finally getting to do good in a fight again.:D
And cute absolutely adorable hetero stuff.:>
And more Minna drama.;_;
And cliffhanger plot twist ending.o.O

This episode has it all.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 7, 2008 6:44 PM

Jun 2008
beautiful singing but WHAT

so she's going to kill her to keep from losing her or ??? that makes no sense :D
Aug 8, 2009 1:16 AM

Jul 2009
Nice episode with surprising ending- 5/5.

Sep 29, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2009
Episode was mkay.. Beautiful Singing, Minna. <3

I wonder why the heck did Minna is pointing a gun at Sakamoto-san O.o;
4/5

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 24, 2009 11:40 PM

Oct 2009
Guys, I'm getting really sick of the Angels in this series. They are an invading army, there is no reason for them to use such retarded and self-defeating tactics. There is no tension whatsoever in these battles, because the angels send 1 unit at a time and it is easily destroyed by the witches. Why even bother?
Mar 12, 2010 4:47 PM

May 2009
The twist at the end was nice. What's going on? :3
Jun 29, 2010 9:07 PM
Mar 2010
Don't take this as trolling, it's my opinion. And I'd kind of like to know what you all think of it too. If I didn't like the series up till this point I wouldn't bother ranting about it.

Alright, so the series up to this point has been tolerable. Ignore this first paragraph I talk about episode 8 in the second one. Anyway I didn't expect too much in terms of plot. I like how all of these random things were combined in strike witches (loli pantsu, neko, big guns, etc). To me it feels like it's going back and forth between serious and over the top comedy randomness. Stick with one and go with it.

With that being said I was enjoying the show up till this point. I literally lmfao'd at the end of this episode though. I get that it was supposed to be some romantic yuri, perhaps tsundere-esque scene, but what. the. hell. You spend over half of the series with just heaping piles of fan service and comedy with awkward love plots and piss easy "battles" sprinkled in randomly and expect me to start taking this seriously? There aren't many episodes left, but this just angered me for some reason.
Jul 4, 2010 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
Minna's back story was sad~ ;_; Shit got dramatic after the hilarity of episode 7. Totally wtf'd at the end there. Silly Minna.
Jul 31, 2010 2:35 PM

Feb 2010
Maybe the Nazis take over now? I already wondered what happened to the WW2. This is bad.
Mar 29, 2011 7:53 AM
Jan 2010
mad cliffhanger
Apr 7, 2011 1:35 AM

Sep 2010
wat
Where did that ending come from?
Jun 4, 2011 4:26 PM

Mar 2011
Nice!

Good bit of character development, but I had to watch the 'next week preview' just to reassure myself!

Man, where is this anime going? I like it!
Jun 14, 2011 11:05 PM

Sep 2009
The ending just came out of nowhere.......I was like WTF?

This anime is starting to confuse me @_@
Feb 3, 2013 1:40 PM

Dec 2011
My thoughts at the end (literal thoughts, not expanded or fleshed out):
Mm, right. I know how you feel. So true. Yes. What...?!
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 8, 2013 11:37 AM

May 2012
Great episode with some nice action and backstory! The ending was nice but than something unexpected happened so lets see what's next!
RafaelDeJonghFeb 8, 2013 11:41 AM
Mar 28, 2013 10:53 AM

Dec 2007
The ending was okay. I didn't expect the twist.
Dec 29, 2013 12:48 AM

Jul 2013
Damn pretty good episode, intense fight scenes, some funny moments, and Minna spotlight throughout the episode. Though TBH I didn't expect that ending of what she is doing...

Well, I felt sorry for her when she lost a lover during the war. Added more of her a bit development during those scenes. Nice singing by the way :D.

May 21, 2014 1:26 PM
Jan 2011
I was crying while Minna-san was singing Lili Marleen.. So touching episode :"(
I said 'One more episode, than I go to sleep' but because of the last scene I just don't see it happening that way xD
Aug 18, 2014 8:10 PM

Jan 2011
Depending on command structures, it might be a bit unfair against Minna, but still: For the colonel, Yoshika was called to her office, where Minna, Sakamoto and the colonel awaited. He then proceeded to hand over a huge present.

Shortly after, an ordinary crew member basically tried to do the same. Obviously Yoshika was not called to the office, and therefore no commanding officer was explicitely attending. Thats okay. But for Minna to personally interfere because of the "rules"?

Again: If the colonel commanded Minna to arrange it that way, well, bad luck. If he simply asked if it was possible to thank Yoshika, and Minna was like "sure, no problem, lets make it an official prodecure with the most senior officer in the unit", well, thats enough to question her capability as commanding officer, given that she simply would ignore her own rules to get on the good side of the colonel (Who likely would be a bit disappointed, but understand the situation when explained).

Well, long rant for a short scene. Rest of the series was nice so far.
Dec 4, 2014 6:11 PM
Nov 2014
The biggest twist for me was the inclusion of male romance. 7 episodes of fairly explicit yuri and then bam, everyone is suddenly straight. What?

I was really surprised with how well they used male characters in the show before this episode; they were in the background, but their presence wasn't entirely ignored. This episode felt like they shoe-horned the male characters into the story and used cliches to fill the void of their hollow personalities. It was disappointing and inconsistent. What is worse is the complete lack of relevance to the continuing story; they served no real purpose and are going to be ignored as the characters continue to develop without their presence again for the rest of the show.

Aside from this I have enjoyed the show for what it is.
Feb 10, 2015 6:19 PM

Nov 2012
I like the way the anime is going now. Suddenly it has a sort of story to go into instead of a typical day hunting down a neuroi.
Feb 13, 2015 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
De-JaY said:
OMG is this going to be dramatic?
Nice.

I wonder what Minna is going to do. D: Want moar of that.

its been dramatic for the last few episodes buuut not to that intensity O_O i hop mio know how to spit bullets with her katana XD

oh right i forgot this takes place in 1944.... and shes from the german military....
GrimAtramentFeb 13, 2015 3:53 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 21, 2015 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Wow! That cliffhanger was unexpected.
Jun 30, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2016
Lili Marleen is truly beautiful.

That ending was kinda mind blowing, i really don't know what to expect on the next episode.
Dec 1, 2016 6:09 AM

Nov 2011
The episode is not the best and perhaps the narrative is a little forced in showing the events, perhaps because the situations do not have enough time to be presented in the right way. But has good that the character of Minna, is explored a bit more in his psyche and know his background. Drawings and animations, quite sufficient as quality.
Mar 11, 2018 8:27 PM

Sep 2013
WTh was up with that ending? I hope next episode something big happens and they don't just wuss out and have her lower the gun saying, "Just kidding" or something stupid.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 5, 2018 8:17 PM
Mar 2017
But if the base was near the sea, the blond could not save himself by throwing himself away, instead of standing in the same place all day? ._. mygod
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 1, 2019 6:53 AM

Sep 2018
A rather eventful episode that has its usefulness in showing how much Yoshika has entered fully into the Strike Witches group, but also as a subplot to give characterization to Minna, the ending episode is quite surprising and anticlimatic for what happens previously. I didn't really expect ugly drawings, a similar drop, Ending always catchy.
Dec 11, 2019 2:40 PM

Nov 2013
For an anime with a rather silly premise, it surprisingly manages to hit the right tone.

The end of the episode was surprising too. I wonder what Minna's deal is.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 20, 2020 1:48 AM

Oct 2010
She has guts to point a gun at the major xD
Feb 22, 2020 2:41 AM

Apr 2013
Pointing a gun at a comrade sure is a weird thing to do after saying that she doesn't wanna lose anyone anymore. Not sure if a bullet can even scratch a witch, seeing how they can evade and block even laser attacks from aliens.
Oct 18, 2020 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
OMG, Baby Jesus and Prophet Mohammad included was that an episode. We had the old school 7th fan service but damn did they go full on with the 8th and double down on them feels. Roller coaster of emotions but I think our strike witches will come out of this eps stronger!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 19, 2020 4:33 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh man, Minna seriously had so many mysteries beyond her personality and her mind kinda difficult to understand too, example with what happened in the end. I guessed there might be some little drama on their conversation, and it might impact much. Let see the next one....

Minna backstory, as many as the soldier story had, its surely dark. I was surprised that they had a beloved one back there to be really upholded the feeling. Its really an unfortunate past of her. Thats why she became so stricted with the opposite sex communication, even applying such a rules that seemed to be quite authoritarian. However, with that past, i am kinda understanding her positions, and her feeling, like happened with Barkhorn episode previously. So, i hope the end scene won't impact much to the sadness. Because, its kinda ruined their good parts when everyone enjoying that classic song and laughing together like a nothing shit happened in the next end. Ah, its a suicidal mission. I think its suited a lot. But, why the direction went too far?

Also, its nice to see another ability the girl had in the battlefield. Here i got some insight of Perrine, and Minna magic power. That cube Neuroi, tho, surprising design! And Miyafuji took the last shot was surely incredible progression, its good! Well, left aside another minor uninterested part, such as that navy Japanese section that want to gave my little girl a letter, these episode was fine.
badabassOct 19, 2020 4:44 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 5, 2021 5:21 AM

Aug 2018
Make contact as little as possible?.. Hm.. Is that because personel could easily die, and that it wouldn't be as devastating for witches to lose them then?.. Or is it because they're men, so they don't start fucking around or something?..
Well, that's actually unusual present to get from the crew.. Anime figure, pretty much?.. Well, in anime it's not necessary anime, but could be just realistic one..
I wonder, by the way.. Previously we saw enemies adapting new technique.. Acting like Sanya, in her episode.. So.. I wonder, if maybe they can change something about their core as well?.. Like, maybe one day destroying the core wouldn't be enough, for example?.. Well, if they learn more, it is certainly possible, I think..
What Minna threw into fire?.. Some kind of cloth?.. Why?..
So it was fear of death in this not interacting rule after all.. Called it.. Well, at the end we see Minna changing her behavior towards this, grabbing letter herself, also singing for everyone..
Wait, what?.. ;o Well, it could be anything, I don't know, how Sakamoto Mio is involved in all of this..
Jun 17, 2021 2:09 AM

Feb 2020
That ending was unexpected. Wow...

SerafosNov 26, 2023 8:18 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Sep 18, 2008

103 by Kjngo »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 10, 2008

64 by b_oogaloo »»
Oct 3, 2023 9:37 PM

» Will the humanoid neuroi appear again in the future season

RitsuKunNew - Sep 15, 2023

8 by Fail_Man_X »»
Sep 22, 2023 11:50 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Aug 14, 2008

78 by KayMigiwa »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jul 3, 2008

120 by Wiziliz »»
Sep 16, 2022 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.