Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2012 9:44 PM

Jul 2010
RawrORawr said:
Why would Shu need to resurrect Funeral Parlor ? With his new-found abilities he'll match up well against GHQ. At this point, it seems extremely likely that he will attain the ability to extract an unlimited amount of voids without anyone fainting. Imagine Inori's sword with Arisa's shield.

People might think he's a freak of nature. Considering what's happened , people with powers might not be welcomed in a world where getting turned into purple crystals is a constant danger.
Is it wrong for a growning boy to be a sucker for a good romance?
Jan 20, 2012 9:49 PM

May 2010
This episode...was basically another fanservice episode (yes let's celebrate after mr.Reinhard-copy died)
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 20, 2012 10:05 PM

Sep 2011
I don't get why do people care for Daryl at all... Oh well, not many characters in this series is worthy of being cared
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 20, 2012 11:13 PM

Nov 2011
well a breather ep nice change of pace after such wtf last ep

that OP is beautiful, it kind of foreshadowing many things & I get the feeling somehow shu will goes to evil side or he will go down the Mana path or he become badass or something, I guess...

ayase void kind remind me of strike witch
Jan 20, 2012 11:18 PM

Apr 2010
GodlyKyon said:
I don't get why do people care for Daryl at all... Oh well, not many characters in this series is worthy of being cared

It's the glasses.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Jan 20, 2012 11:32 PM

Oct 2010
Salinga said:
GodlyKyon said:

It's the glasses.
Nah, it's him licking the apple. He does that 2 different ways. Girls like that stuff in anime.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 21, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2011
not one of the better episodes - reminds me of some of the earlier episodes i didn't like so much what with uneven pacing and not much in the way of good drama, and the school festival: ridiculous! seems like this series is sort of like a patchwork quilt: uneven.......... still i'll stick around for the next episode as i really did truly enjoy the past few episodes....
octal9Jan 21, 2012 1:06 AM
Jan 21, 2012 1:19 AM

Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Salinga said:
GodlyKyon said:

It's the glasses.
Nah, it's him licking the apple. He does that 2 different ways. Girls like that stuff in anime.

No, it's both the Apple and the glasses. XD
Jan 21, 2012 2:04 AM

Aug 2011
The fuck .... why waste so much resources on a show like this -.-
Imagine what they could have done with all the money spent in animation etc. if they had spent it on a good show .... so sad
Jan 21, 2012 4:25 AM

May 2010
Can't say I didn't see that coming, I knew that old guy is still alive !!

Jan 21, 2012 4:50 AM
Jul 2009
Zergneedsfood said:
It's mindless action with fan service. The show isn't anything amazing or great, but it's decent, and it's brainless entertainment that I can enjoy for 30 minutes a week.

You don't have a lot of original stories these days, a lot of them are VN adaptations, LN adaptions, or manga comics.

I'd give them a break for that very reason.

You can say "Well dude, so many bad cliches, characters, blah blah blah." Sure that may be true, Inori is pretty much emotionless with very little development. Tsugumi is the nya nya character that's there for fan service. Shu is basically Shinji Ikari but has recently been acting less of a panzy. Still, while these exist, there's room for improvement. Tsugumi's interaction this episode with that crazy kid and Ayase was interesting. Shu is always growing and surprising people with manly actions. Inori is....well I don't see hope for her so maybe not. :P

But I guess at that point, you can also call Code Geass lousy, because it had the same things described in this thread. Bad characters, cliches, bad pacing, blah blah blah. In fact, you can probably call a number of popular shows lousy and bad these same reasons.

I'm not defending Guilty Crown and calling it the best thing since sliced bread, but what I am saying is that it's not a terrible show. I think people are too caught up with random nuances to appreciate something that's just thoughtless entertainment.

Guilty Crown has a better score than most scores I've heard in anime in last few seasons (and I actually watched quite a lot of anime from the last few seasons) with a few exceptions off the top of my head.

It also is incredibly ambitious with the concept of Voids. Sure it's currently not explained very well, but at least it's better to watch a new idea rather than sticking with a lot of the same old same old badness that plagues every season. I think it's fair to say that Ayase's void was kind of expected, but I think overall, everyone's Void was interesting to say the least, with Hare's bandaid being my favorite.

I don't know why I wasted so much time to defending this show, but I just felt that everyone's comments here are ridiculous, bashing a show for trying to come up with an original concept (and of course using a number of ideas from other shows as a springboard).

This is why nobody comes up with any new and interesting ideas, because a lot of times they get smacked around for it. As a result, they just stick with their adaptations of already popular ideas to try to make a buck instead of risking inventing a new story and getting completely shut down by an anime audience that thinks it's seen everything.

Shit is shit; stop trying to justify it. It won't smell any better. I'm still numb because of how bad this episode was.
Jan 21, 2012 6:52 AM
May 2011
I have finally decided to drop this, yes, I am free of one of the worst storylines in history.

This is so bad and extremely cliché that I don't understand why people are giving this a grade higher than 7.
Jan 21, 2012 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
I have only just got back into this, marathoned it up until ths ep and am determent on sticking it out!

New opening and ending aren't great (wasn't a fan of the original much either, but I did prefer), but I'm greatful the content of this series improved at around the episode 10/11 point, hopefully, this will continue on threwout this final half.
(I say 'content', to be honest, I mainly mean the male lead as a character)

dany_elle1908 said:
Onii said:
dropped

u drop it now when are only 9 eps left lol ok xD

I once dropped a show with around two ep's left. :o

Jan 21, 2012 7:12 AM
Dec 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
Meh. There's really no point in talking to people like you about it anyway. I've already provided a lot of reasons why it's not bad, and I'm convinced the rationale for not liking is either personal preferences or an inherent hipster complex that stops people from liking anything that seems mainstream.

Like I said, Guilty Crown isn't amazing, but it's decent. Compared to a lot of dumb stuff that's coming out right now, it's easily something that's entertaining and at least tries to bring forth something new other than stuff this season.

If you guys don't like it, just don't watch it. Why would you watch a show that's utter shit just to bag on it?

"I've already provided a lot of reasons why it's not bad?" LOL *facepalm*
Why don't you make a list about good and bad sides? List of bad sides will about 20 times longer.

Do you even know what decent means? The show is bad with that script, direction and characters. Seriously, I have never seen script so sloppy written as Guilty Crown has. It is full of Deus Ex Machina, plot holes, cliches and has horribly slow paced plot movement. Direction has more fails that I can even recall and I have damn good memory. Don't let me even start with those characters. Absolutely nothing changes it from being bad.

Your problem is psychological, you just can't admit that the show you like so much is bad. Liking it doesn't mean it is good. You are watching show that falls in the category of utter shitness. Why? Because you enjoy it regardless. It's plain ridiculous to even try to defend this show.

You are simply just listing some good sides which really aren't even good sides. You are ignoring completely what this show is about and what it tires to be. Overall execution is the one that matters. Everyone sees the good sides, but c'mon, why are you pretending to be blind to all the bad sides, or are you perhaps just ignorant as fuck?

Zergneedsfood said:
Guilty Crown has a better score than most scores I've heard in anime in last few seasons (and I actually watched quite a lot of anime from the last few seasons) with a few exceptions off the top of my head.

What is this even supposed to mean? That you have been watching lot of shit?

Zergneedsfood said:
It also is incredibly ambitious with the concept of Voids. Sure it's currently not explained very well, but at least it's better to watch a new idea rather than sticking with a lot of the same old same old badness that plagues every season. I think it's fair to say that Ayase's void was kind of expected, but I think overall, everyone's Void was interesting to say the least, with Hare's bandaid being my favorite.

So far every single void has been a deus ex machina.

Zergneedsfood said:
I don't know why I wasted so much time to defending this show, but I just felt that everyone's comments here are ridiculous, bashing a show for trying to come up with an original concept (and of course using a number of ideas from other shows as a springboard).

Me neither.

Zergneedsfood said:
This is why nobody comes up with any new and interesting ideas, because a lot of times they get smacked around for it. As a result, they just stick with their adaptations of already popular ideas to try to make a buck instead of risking inventing a new story and getting completely shut down by an anime audience that thinks it's seen everything.

False assumptions and lack of standards. Again you are just acting like people don't like this because of the cliches.

Why won't you sit back, read some of the reviews and think what you have been watching? What the show tries to be, how the script is written and how the show it executed? Like Inori has superhuman powers and she always have had those during the show. Start to think about those running scenes she was into. What was the use of risking her life when she could just do it all in the easy way and use powers? This script and direction is offending the viewers. It is so ridiculous that it feels like the people behind the show are thinking that everyone who watches it lacks intelligence and logical way to think. Seems like most of people are fooled by it.

Just saying that you like the show is okay, but saying that it is not bad is more ridiculous than anything. There is no logic behind it.
Jan 21, 2012 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
Zergneedsfood said:
If you guys don't like it, just don't watch it. Why would you watch a show that's utter shit just to bag on it?

Zergneedsfood, I was willing to accept what you said. You aren't trying to claim Guilty crown as a masterpiece so I am willing to compromise if you like it. We all have our guilty pleasures.
But you just had to say this...Zergneedsfood the don't like it then don't watch it argument does not work! Just to save time I will rehash a comment I wrote on why haters kept watching Blood-c.

1: At this point we have watched almost the entire show. There’s only a few episodes left. Those of us with completionist attitudes say “Well I might as well…”
2: Believe it or not we do hold out hope that this show might surprise us. Even the worst shows can sometimes bring remarkable twists. For example the ever17 VN was very boring but I must admit that twist in the true route was ingenious.
3: If only those who liked the who watched it then it would get overrated and mislead others into watching it and wasting there time. Some people need to say the truth. Plus I will admit that there is some joy in hating something. We love to hate it.
4: This show is an excellent example of poor storytelling. For those of us who wish to be writers ourselves it’s a good learning experience of what to avoid.

But I will say that the voids are deus ex machina. Not in the manner that they are present in the story but more the fact that every time a nearby character just so happens to have a Void perfect for the situation. AKA Girl with shield void when a boat was about to get fired at with missiles.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 21, 2012 8:31 AM
Nov 2011
It may take a few listening sessions to the new Opening for me to like it. The original was just SO Epic! The ending is good.

So some things are confirmed. Shu's power has matured. It wasn't some fluke or broken rules in the last episode, and it wasn't just Gai either. Yet Shu still has reservations about the power. Yet, when it was needed, he just acted! Finally he's developing more of a spine, and shows some of his heart too.

Ayase is so cute in this one, I really, really would be totally shipping her and Shu if it wasn't so obviously not going to happen LOL. Can we call this a pseudo Harem now? Ayase, Hare, Inori, maybe even Tsugumi. Man.

Looks like they will have to find a way to survive or break out. Which? I dunno. Daryl is a major prick if you ask me, but I'll be honest. I wondered if Tsugumi being nice to him could develop down the road? Man.

The episode was a bit predictable.

Right now I have this show between a 6 or 7. A Good show, enjoyable to watch, but not crisp or perfect, though some of the animation is just plain eye candy.

I like it though, just like I liked some shows of the past, which also had some problems. Nothing wrong with that IMO. It's entertainment. Does it matter if it's average and you enjoy it, or if it's academy award winning and you hate it? I don't think it does.

Voids as Deus Ex? Okay then I guess if I go down shows I've watched in this vein you'd have to say all of the following are basically Deus Ex.

Pokemon, Digimon, Voltron, I mean heck X-men for crying out loud. Your definition of Deus Ex seems to be something out of the ordinary, but this is cleary a Science Fiction show at best, Fantasy at worse, it's not meant to be realistic in the void plot device.
VeretaxJan 21, 2012 8:40 AM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 21, 2012 8:43 AM
Dec 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
I think you're tossing out a bunch of fancy terms as if you're some kind of literary/film expert.

What term sounds so fancy to you? Those are general information for anime fans and it's necessary to talk about those when analyzing the quality. How can one even talk about the show being good or bad if they don't know about execution, script writing, plot holes, deus ex machina, direction, pacing, character philosophy/development, cliches and so on? Tip: they can't. They can only say that they either like it or don't like it. Liking doesn't make it good.

Zergneedsfood said:
I think it's fair to say that the show is not amazing. I don't think it's fair to say that the show is just objectively horrible.

It's fair to say that it is objectively it is below an average. 5/10 ratings means average. 4/10 means bad. Show is below and average -> show is at least bad. There you go.

Zergneedsfood said:
You've just said "Oh, the script is terrible. The direction is bad, and the characters are poorly written." In a way, those are all personal preferences, vague, and overall just not any clear example of why the show is bad. I think you'll have to work harder to convince me that there's something so wrong with the show that you can label it as horrible.

Script is full of plot holes and deus ex machina. How can it not be bad when the show is trying to be serious action sci-fi show and not a parody?
Direction has errors and failed scenes. (e.g. Shu taking wallrun, Inori defending Shu from SWAT men, rooftop-shoot scene. Just to mention few.) Action is not logical. (e.g. Inori's super powers, Gai's tactic based to luck) There was not even a plot before episode 9, everything was pushed into episode 12. These makes pacing and plot movement bad. Therefore direction is bad.
Characters don't have motives, personalities, development is slow, bitches are fan service tools. Bad guys are just bad guys and cheap stereotypes. Therefore they are poorly written.

Zergneedsfood said:
I agree with the general analysis though. I feel like the script is pretty haphazard and is random at times, and as a result the direction is also shaky and sloppy. The characters, while having flaws and having little development, are hard to relate to.

I understand most of these concepts, and I'm not avoiding them. But I think if you're trying to watch Guilty Crown for some kind of intellectual stimulation, then I don't know why you're still watching it. I already said that it's basically like Code Geass, brainless entertainment that you just shut up, turn off your brain and watch.

I actually said something similar earlier about turning brains to off mode. It is somewhat entertaining but at the same time it is bad.

Zergneedsfood said:
I think you're being way too vague by saying there's deus ex machina and cliches. Those exist inherently because most ideas have been exhausted and you can basically say that deus ex machina is done precisely to build up tension and relieve it. For example, I don't think that the Voids are deus ex machina, precisely because the Voids that are extracted are actually believable.

Ayase's legs are her Void? That's easily believable. Hare bandaids? Yup. Inori is a sword? Now that I have to question, and I'm sad that it hasn't been explaiend. However, for the most part, I don't think Voids are deus ex. Deus ex machina is when something happens that is completely unexpected and saves someone from disaster. Voids, if anything, are a development on the character and unveils certain things about said character that's already been known.

Granted, I don't like that way as a means of exposing the characters, precisely because I want to know more about them before I know their Void, but still, I buy the method and I don't think it's bad.

Ultimately, no one is convincing me that Guilty Crown is down right horrible. I think Guilty Crown is okay. It's not a bad show, but it's never going to be amazing either. I get annoyed at characters, I don't like how they do some things, but unless you're some kind of expert on film, I don't think you have enough to say that the script is "horrible". It might be lacking, but it's definitely not horrible.

It's more about how they just happen to get exactly that void what they need in the situation they are in.

Again, read some of the reviews, there is lot of points to convince and give new view of points.

This review explain why voids are deux ex machinas:
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=52187

Zergneedsfood said:
Edit: And I'm not saying people don't like this because of cliches. I'm just saying that people bag on the show for no real reason.

Not real reasons? Oh c'mon, we both no that's not true. Some people have higher standards than you have and they analyze the quality more than you do.
Jan 21, 2012 8:45 AM
Jan 2011
Minenene said:
This was an okay ep, I loved seeing more of Tsugumi, she's too cute. I liked it when Shu gave Ayase legs, that was nice of him. Actually I'd like to see more of Daryl, idk I find him interesting. The OP and ED was good, I liked the old ED better though.

I didn't like the fact that they planned a festival even though the rest of the city was destroyed and lives were lost etc etc, it was way too soon.

This episode wasn't very interesting as far as plot goes, but since when did Guilty Crown ever have a continuous plot anyway.

Agree
Jan 21, 2012 8:46 AM

Aug 2009
Anyone has any idea what's the song during their battle in this episode? It was also in the previous one too. I've been searching everywhere, but I think it's a guilty crown theme...not some 3rd party artist... :(
Jan 21, 2012 9:20 AM
Jun 2008
This was really bad. Cringeworthy..

Gotta love Sagai @ 13:58 though. He is pretty awesome I must say.
Jan 21, 2012 9:30 AM
Dec 2011
Veretax said:
Voids as Deus Ex? Okay then I guess if I go down shows I've watched in this vein you'd have to say all of the following are basically Deus Ex.

Pokemon, Digimon, Voltron, I mean heck X-men for crying out loud. Your definition of Deus Ex seems to be something out of the ordinary, but this is cleary a Science Fiction show at best, Fantasy at worse, it's not meant to be realistic in the void plot device.

Oh c'mon, don't be such a baby. It's about how it is executed with the voids. Not about the term "void." *facepalm*

This review explains why voids are deux ex machinas:
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=52187

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeusExMachina
Jan 21, 2012 9:34 AM

Aug 2009
Episode was okay... Judging by the opening, Shu should be manning up. Hopefully. I should've just waited for the recap and then just watched this episode instead of watching that train wreck in the first half. I don't think I would've missed much.

The only really good thing about this episode was Daryl and Tsumugi.
Think Daryl x Tsumugi would be pretty cute.

The only good part was the scenes that Daryl were in.

/officially a Daryl fangirl.
Jan 21, 2012 10:15 AM
Dec 2011
Rykimaruh said:
Anyone has any idea what's the song during their battle in this episode? It was also in the previous one too. I've been searching everywhere, but I think it's a guilty crown theme...not some 3rd party artist... :(

You just to have to wait for the OSTs to be released first to know it. It's BGM song, not Supercell's.

Zergneedsfood said:
I understand most of these concepts, and I'm not avoiding them. But I think if you're trying to watch Guilty Crown for some kind of intellectual stimulation, then I don't know why you're still watching it. I already said that it's basically like Code Geass, brainless entertainment that you just shut up, turn off your brain and watch.

Edit: And I'm not saying people don't like this because of cliches. I'm just saying that people bag on the show for no real reason.

The difference between Code Geass and Guilty Crown is that at least the former are well executed compared to the later. Sure CG has problems too, but at least it pulls off its characters and settings well enough to make people keep entertained through 2 seasons. GC? Only 13 eps in and it's already making people keep pushing their suspension of disbelief.

If I want to list all the reasons I found the problems for the show it will be a long essay. But my main reason will be the execution and series direction, especially for the latest episodes. Take GHQ for example. At first they set up as this big evil organization that needs to be taken down. But as more episodes gone by GHQ becomes more irrelevant to the plot as Segai and later Keido becomes the villain. In this episode even Funeral Parlour members seems to forget their objective was to take down GHQ and was content to let GHQ quarantined them. Only when the lockdown came that they suddenly had to 'Oh no we had to do something and gather our forces!'.

I personally think GC is created with a lot of creative ideas, but they don't know how to execute all of them together. Or maybe there were too many creative ideas blended into series, so that affects the scripts and pacing.
Jan 21, 2012 10:58 AM

Sep 2011
Magito said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Salinga said:
GodlyKyon said:

It's the glasses.

No, it's both the Apple and the glasses. XD

That must be it...... it that is true fangirls of those characters change their mind A LOT
Jan 21, 2012 12:41 PM
Dec 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
The definition of a deus ex machina are situations where there appears to be absolutely no hope, and then suddenly something come out of nowhere and makes it all better.

Deus ex machina is simply unconvincing plot device/twist.

I will give you simple example what is enough to be called as deus ex machina:
Batman suddenly needs grape fruits, otherwise he dies. He takes grape fruits from his belt and is saved.

Do I need to bend the message from iron wire or can you understand already how it fits to Guilty Crown and voids?

This beats your arguments so I won't even take a closer look to those.

Zergneedsfood said:
These actions are more for entertainment purposes than to be taken seriously... Action doesn't need to be logical.

I hope you realize how pathetic this sounds.

So you are saying that Guilty Crown isn't trying to be story about revolution, terrorist organisation or any else of the shit it says it is all about. It simply headless, illogical action just for the sole purpose to offer nice visuals and action scenes? Sure, that what it is. And that's part of the reason why it is bad.

Zergneedsfood said:
I think on the topic of characters you probably have your best point. The characters are pretty bad and I'm pretty annoyed at them. Still, I wouldn't go as far to say that they don't have personalities and motives.

Why wouldn't you? That's a fact, not an opinion. Or do you just disagree because you like to disagree? List down their motives then, based to facts, I don't want to hear any imaginary bullshit.

Zergneedsfood said:
Overall, all of your points only serve to show that Guilty Crown is a decent show, and not a terrible show.

Just like you say they have motives while they don't have any motives. You just did exactly the same thing by saying this show is decent while it is not decent. You either failed to understand the points or your standards to decent are really low. Just admit already that the show you like is actually bad. It is not that hard, just repeat; I enjoy Guilty Crown even though it is a bad show.

Zergneedsfood said:
All of the negative drawbacks are just indications that the show is decent, or at most average. There's nothing in these shows to demonstrate that it deserves anything below that, because it honestly isn't that bad.

You obviously don't know what average means.

Most of your ratings are 7's. You gave Guilty Crown a 6. That's below your average. To me 5 is an average and I gave Guilty Crown a 2. We both agree it being below an average show to our standards. You just aren't using 5/10 as an average rating. Use logic, please.
Jan 21, 2012 1:07 PM

Jun 2011
Idk about you guys but I really loved the bgm from Ayase's Void scene

I need the ost to be out right nao
Jan 21, 2012 1:21 PM
Nov 2010
Oops
Jan 21, 2012 3:14 PM
Jan 2012
It was an okay episode, i liked the new ED but i prefer the old OP. Shu is finally moving in the right direction. Ayase was really cute, and her void can let her fly! Inori still feels empty to me and this episode felt nostalgic but atleast they covered up shu's upgraded power.
Jan 21, 2012 3:23 PM

Dec 2009
New opening is... fine, not sure if i like it. But i do love those two parts:

I wonder if i'll be able to see them again. ;A;

Ayase's void was pretty awesome. :3
Jan 21, 2012 5:36 PM
Dec 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
Clearly you don't know what deus ex machina is so I won't even bother.

I have studied literature for years. I know damn well what I'm talking about. If you had studied then we wouldn't need to argue about this.

Zergneedsfood said:
I already told you that people's voids are believable and convincing. If Hare's void was a huge rocket launcher, then I'd like "Well that was dumb." In all honesty, I'm convinced you haven't given the show a proper chance and haven't really thought about it and instead just labeled it as bad based on face value. Because if you really did, then it'd be clear that Voids are not deus ex machina.

You are talking about terminology and I'm talking about script writing and execution.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fi/DeusExMachina
Illogical placement and timing Deus Ex Machina — When something is established and explained in the work, but its use in that situation is jarring and impossible to believe.

Zergneedsfood said:
It's not a bad show. It's a decent show. 7s aren't what I consider "average". Those are just arbitrary numbers used by me to illustrate how much I enjoyed a show.

Oh, just repeat the same over and over if you like. Some people have higher standards and more knowledge, to them this is not decent. Find me one real critic who says this show is not bad if you care.

7 is your average, you gave GC rating below your average. Why are you even disagreeing? If you rate based to enjoyment then why do you even care to argue about what rating the quality of this show deserves? Hypocrite, I tell you.

Not interested to keep this up. This is boring. At least study the true meaning of deus ex machina, thank you.
Jan 21, 2012 6:04 PM
Sep 2010
I've been reading the comments here about GC using lots of Deus Ex Machina and yes it certainly does. That's not the only thing that makes this anime terrible though. Characters are terrible, too cliche; I couldn't bear it any longer and dropped this. Wasn't expecting much for this episode and well well, I was right. More crap (school festivals, etc). I honestly can't understand why people say this is as good as Code Geass. It isn't. The main lead was a heck of a lot more convincing and less of a wuss than Shu. Even his name sounds weak.
Jan 21, 2012 6:13 PM
Jul 2009
Zergneedsfood said:
I already told you that people's voids are believable and convincing. If Hare's void was a huge rocket launcher, then I'd like "Well that was dumb."

LOL. The voids have all been stupidly cliche and convenient. Has Shoe ever pulled out a Void that wasn't 100% perfect for a given situation? No.

Zergneedsfood said:
In all honesty, I'm convinced you haven't given the show a proper chance and haven't really thought about it and instead just labeled it as bad based on face value. Because if you really did, then it'd be clear that Voids are not deus ex machina.

Are you even trying? By definition we've all given it just as much of a chance as you. You're just in denial.

Zergneedsfood said:
I already told you that I agree that the characters need work, but I don't think that they're completely bad characters. Ayase had a nice episode today. Shu has had a lot of changes that, while could have been improved stylistically, actually has been well received by a lot of people.

Ayase is an average character. Shoe is below shit. This equals below average. Adjust the outcome accordingly by factoring in all of the other characters. About 10 other shit cliche textbook ones, and the purple guy who is decent. Do the math.

Zergneedsfood said:
I think you can talk about how Inori is a bad character all day long, but ultimately a lot of shows have a or number of characters that aren't very good but still manage to do decently. I think Inori doing dumb stuff doesn't justify that it's bad.

Fallacy. Other shows having bad characters doesn't make Inori having terrible character design not a bad thing. Inori is perhaps the worst character I've witnessed in the past 2 years or so.

Zergneedsfood said:
You've just been bashing stuff that you really haven't properly understood, and you bash the script, characters, and plot based on arbitrary reasons that I've already outlined in my post and you've also ignored. At that point, there's really no point in really talking specifics because I can do exactly what you've been doing this entire discussion: making up vague talking points or coming up with ambiguous examples that don't refute the points I'm making.

If anything he understands what makes a show good much better than you do, as you can't even read his writing without consulting definitions when he's only using field-related terms.

Zergneedsfood said:
In reality, I was talking about action sequences and the dumb things that occasionally happen and how these shows need us to suspend our disbelief because that's what makes it entertaining.

Cop-out. This is what people say to justify plot holes and terrible writing.

All in all Guilty Crown is safety the worst show of the past two seasons at least.
Jan 21, 2012 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
To the ongoing heated debate. Inori is pretty good looking... But what makes me hate her is her POSITION + LACK OF CHARACTER!!!! They pushed the romance between her and Shu too much!

I guess Voids are stupidly convinent, but Gai apparently looked for them, IDK how though

What makes Ayase stand out is that she is better than most of the cast combined
Jan 21, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2008
What kind of character or personality do you people expect from what seems to be some artificial doll made by the baddies?
Jan 21, 2012 7:12 PM

Sep 2009
This was a pretty good transition episode. Shu is super similar Simon from Gurren Lagaan. He'll be brogar'ing by the end of the series.
Jan 21, 2012 9:06 PM

Jul 2011
Would you mind explaining to me the reasons of certain characters´ Voids? I mean Gai, Daryl (or whoever it belonged to the one from episode 2), Kaede (Hare´s friend), Souta and Kenji (the one rescued from prison in episode 4), since because of the terrible characterization, I may have missed something...
Jan 21, 2012 10:07 PM

Oct 2010
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Would you mind explaining to me the reasons of certain characters´ Voids? I mean Gai, Daryl (or whoever it belonged to the one from episode 2), Kaede (Hare´s friend), Souta and Kenji (the one rescued from prison in episode 4), since because of the terrible characterization, I may have missed something...
They represent their feelings and heart and perhaps desires. It's tied to their emotions and wishes. Something around those factors.

For example Ayase wants to be useful with her legs and wishes to walk like all. Thus her void helps her in that.

Hare is someone that takes care of people especially Shu so her void are bandages that can fix and heal anything as it was.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 21, 2012 10:46 PM
Sep 2010
I'm not saying that using Deus Ex Machina is necessarily a bad thing, but because the characters lack so much in ...well character, they make it seem so obvious and unrealistic (when I say this I mean they make character reaction that way). Shu has to be one of the worst characters so far I've seen these past few seasons. I mean he's worse than that shill from Gosick what's his name (the male lead) or even the main lead in Mirai Nikki Yukiteru. Inori has an interesting character design, but she's basically a mute, much more like a secondary character that you only see a few times in a series. Had they spent more time on the characters development, this wouldn't have looked so bad in my honest opinion.
Jan 22, 2012 2:07 AM
Dec 2011
You have been proven wrong. You called pacing "a fancy term." You refuse to study the meaning of deus ex machina. You ignore facts. You are saying random good sides and not seeing the show as a whole. Still you say you are perfectly aware of what makes a good show. LOL, you can dream all you want.

I.e. You don't know much about anime and it's quality. This is you: "I do not know anything about it, but I do disagree."
You also failed to understand what the show is about and what it tries to be.

My time spent to anime is 186 days, yours is 42. Since you thought that makes you smart, then I shall say that my IQ is 134 and I know lot of stuff.

You aren't even wroth of anyone's time with that level of ignorance, hypocrisy and trolling.
Jan 22, 2012 2:10 AM

Aug 2008
I love mostly everything from this show.
What bugs me though is the loose ends kind of feeling, the things not well explained or elaborated upon, and that slight yet ever present sense of rashness in the plotline...
Besides that, the pretty animations, cool action scenes, and interesting characters, make this anime awesome.
Jan 22, 2012 2:53 AM

Sep 2008
I like the OP and ED and their animations.

The episode itself was cool, though as usual nothing makes any sense and characters are completely unrealistic.
Jan 22, 2012 3:31 AM
Jul 2009
Fallacy54 said:
You have been proven wrong. You called pacing "a fancy term." You refuse to study the meaning of deus ex machina. You ignore facts. You are saying random good sides and not seeing the show as a whole. Still you say you are perfectly aware of what makes a good show. LOL, you can dream all you want.

I.e. You don't know much about anime and it's quality. This is you: "I do not know anything about it, but I do disagree."
You also failed to understand what the show is about and what it tries to be.

My time spent to anime is 186 days, yours is 42. Since you thought that makes you smart, then I shall say that my IQ is 134 and I know lot of stuff.

You aren't even wroth of anyone's time with that level of ignorance, hypocrisy and trolling.

Agreeing with you about him. He's so ignorant (with all due respect) in this area that one can't really have a discussion with him; everything goes over his head, and he seems to not properly comprehend what he's being told while retorting with irrelevant things. It's best to let people like that blissfully enjoy their delusions.
Jan 22, 2012 3:34 AM

Feb 2011
Sukau said:
Well this show is great 9/10 for me :D

I agree with that last part 100%
Jan 22, 2012 6:36 AM
Dec 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
wtf is this with Code Geass being creative with a lot of ideas. Anyone who's watched a good enough amount of Mecha and old shows will tell you that Code Geass borrowed so much shit from a lot of other shows.

Dude, I stated GC, meaning Guilty Crown has some creative ideas behind them but failed to execute them well. And Guilty Crown also borrowed a lot of ideas of other series (pulling weapons from someone has been done before) so being creative here means pulling the same idea with a different twist. So far Guilty Crown failed on that while Code Geass succeed spectacularly.

And the rest of your comments stated that to you the show do has a bad plot and bad characters but that equals to a decent show to you. For the rest of us bad plot and bad characters equals to a bad show. So as Guilty Crown has all the above thus to us Guilty Crown is a bad show but for you Guilty Crown is a decent show. We have different standards it seems.
Jan 22, 2012 9:53 AM

Aug 2008
Poor ayase~! ;___;

Jan 22, 2012 10:27 AM

Aug 2011
CLUSTERFUCKCLUSTERFUCKCLUSTERFUCKCLUSTERFUCKCLUSTERFUCK

If you blindly accept what's going on without question, you're retarded.

"We're confined in an concentration camp. People are thirsty and starving. I know! Let's have a culture festival! Because we're a clichestorm realistic original like that."

Tsugumi looks EXACTLY like Hazuki from Moon Phase with those cat ears.

Asspull asspull asspull.

Ayase is officially retarded. Come at me, Ayase fans. (At least ship Ayashu is afloat.)

Good music though.

PS: Calling it right now: Gai or Mana (or both) gets asspulled back to life/isn't really dead.
Jan 22, 2012 10:52 AM

Oct 2011
Man much better then I expected. Shu and Ayase rock near the end and the ending is like oh crap! Love the new opening too.
Jan 22, 2012 2:15 PM

Oct 2011
I think this anime is the prime example of two things:

1) Production values and talent not coming together in the way they should.

2) Biggest Love/Hate Fanbase for any single anime.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jan 22, 2012 2:17 PM
Feb 2010
Anyone know where the background picture at the end of the anime can be found? It looks awesome! I would just screencap it but there are watermarks, and its just an enlarged 720p video.

Jan 22, 2012 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
destructo22 said:
Poor ayase~! ;___;

ha- hahahaHAHAHAHAHA, that's too funny. Perhaps not

DraconisMarch said:
CLUSTERFUCKCLUSTERFUCKCLUSTERFUCKCLUSTERFUCKCLUSTERFUCK

If you blindly accept what's going on without question, you're retarded.

"We're confined in an concentration camp. People are thirsty and starving. I know! Let's have a culture festival! Because we're a clichestorm realistic original like that."

Tsugumi looks EXACTLY like Hazuki from Moon Phase with those cat ears.

Asspull asspull asspull.

Ayase is officially retarded. Come at me, Ayase fans. (At least ship Ayashu is afloat.)

Good music though.

PS: Calling it right now: Gai or Mana (or both) gets asspulled back to life/isn't really dead.

Sorry but what part about Ayase is retarded?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.