Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 29, 2013 12:54 AM

Jun 2009
It's actually amusing how so very wrong that old comment turned out to be.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 29, 2013 2:45 AM

May 2013
insan3Spectre said:

True and he was making such a big claim after only 5 episodes lmao.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Dec 31, 2013 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
noggin luggin' tortoise... kewl! and frog-in-waiting... hahah ridiculous names for ridiculous monsters..

If that Tonpa joined this exam for the 35th time he must still be a strong bastard..imagine just how many people are dying in this exam...

cool episode! Hisoka was awesome and who is that guy that called him?? hes number 301..

excited for the phase 2!
Jan 20, 2014 10:13 PM
Aug 2013
Tiago97 said:
insan3soldiern said:
I'm sure some fans of the original anime will still somehow complain.

Butthurt nostalgia fags will always exist.
Tiago97 said:
insan3soldiern said:

So old things can't be good? Why not? Im liking the 2011 version of hxh but i like the 99 version too. what's wrong with that?
Feb 14, 2014 9:15 AM

Jun 2009
Five-Magics said:
Tiago97 said:
insan3soldiern said:

Tiago97 said:
insan3soldiern said:

So old things can't be good? Why not? Im liking the 2011 version of hxh but i like the 99 version too. what's wrong with that?

It's not that. It's the fact that these people back then were so set on this newer series failing, that they jumped on the new series and just bashed the shit out of it. I am proud to say that I was one of the people who was waiting to see how the show did, and it does turn out that this version is less censored and, at least in my opinion, the superior series.

For the record, I am a fan of LoGH and Akage no Anne. Two older series, so it isn't that I dislike old things. That would be ridiculous.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 15, 2014 1:47 AM
Aug 2013
insan3Spectre said:
Five-Magics said:
Tiago97 said:
insan3soldiern said:

Tiago97 said:
insan3soldiern said:

It's not that. It's the fact that these people back then were so set on this newer series failing, that they jumped on the new series and just bashed the shit out of it. I am proud to say that I was one of the people who was waiting to see how the show did, and it does turn out that this version is less censored and, at least in my opinion, the superior series.

For the record, I am a fan of LoGH and Akage no Anne. Two older series, so it isn't that I dislike old things. That would be ridiculous.

true, but some people also pull the nostalgia card if you say you like old things or tell you to take off your nostalgia goggles. tbh after seeing 47 episodes of the '11 version, besides the first arc, i have to say the 2011 version is superior the 99 version. Story telling's better, hisoka is cooler in this version, and the battles are better like gon vs hisoka. reminded of a yu yu hakusho fight but with more strategy.
Mar 27, 2014 1:27 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.
May 2, 2014 4:09 AM

Jul 2007
I clearly remember this, i remember when i first watched this, all i could of think was damn what an intense atmosphere getting through those marshes. I guess the old series though is following things more traditionally from the manga, this new show seems to be adding in certain things and ommiting some stuff how ever i heard that this issue is only the start of the series, things start to level out more as it moves on but the way its shown in the show is not a problem.

The old series though derailed quite a bit as it moved on but it did keep things almost identical to the manga in the early stages. Hopefully this series doesn't do that. Some censorship is definitely in place here. But i don't want to nit pick at every little single solitary difference, i know its not going to be exactly like the manga and i'll leave it for all those hard core fanatics to complain bout all the minor discrepancies. For now i am highly enjoying it.

So many deadly and unique creatures in this swamp lol

Hisoka starts to show his manipulative, but deranged personality Got to love him :p and Gon never backs down. It seems like this version of the series is capturing more of hisoka's sadistic nature which is awesome, something that was severely lacking in the old series. It will still shown but very subtly in certain parts.

So next time is the 2nd phase of the exam, these exams really remind me so much of masashi kishimoto's naruto back when the series retained a more down to earth realistic story. I sure hope hxh does not stray from that path like naruto did. (Not to upset any naruto fans)
ArtimesGamerJun 20, 2014 3:32 AM

May 2, 2014 4:25 AM

Jul 2007
Five-Magics said:
insan3Spectre said:
Five-Magics said:
Tiago97 said:
insan3soldiern said:

Tiago97 said:
insan3soldiern said:

true, but some people also pull the nostalgia card if you say you like old things or tell you to take off your nostalgia goggles. tbh after seeing 47 episodes of the '11 version, besides the first arc, i have to say the 2011 version is superior the 99 version. Story telling's better, hisoka is cooler in this version, and the battles are better like gon vs hisoka. reminded of a yu yu hakusho fight but with more strategy.

I think mainly that is why people think so highly of the original series mainly from a nostalgic sense. Speaking in terms of my self, i am watching this show now, first time watching it but i have seen the old series and it was one of my all time greatest experiences. I am sure if i were to re-watch the old show and the new show and compare them side by side at this current point in time, this series would easily blow away the competition. But regardless of that, the old show still remains a highly enjoyable and nostalgic experience for me. To me that fact will never change.

Jun 15, 2014 10:47 PM

Nov 2011
Hisoka's evil. I don't think there's a more succinct way to say that. Still, it's odd how he was acting like an examiner. It's clear he could have killed Gon and the others with ease if he wanted to.

Leorio's an idiot, whether or not he passed that psychopath's test. He could have easily caused them their lives.

The battle scene was rather well done.

Good episode. The Hunter Exam is progressing nicely.
Jun 24, 2014 11:29 PM

Jan 2013
220 plus 148 plus 36 is 404.
Gon still isn't counted.
Jun 25, 2014 7:31 AM

Jan 2014
RediceRyan said:
220 plus 148 plus 36 is 404.
Gon still isn't counted.

There was a guy who lost his arms by hisoka lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2012
Damn only 148 left. Off to ep 6.

Dec 17, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
Well, a lot seem to have died this episode.

Hisoka is one weird fucker. He seem to have put a snitch on the judge. That would make it easy to find the end of the parcour.

So that's how Gon can use his fishing rod. It's still such an odd weapon, I can't help but find it ridiculous x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 16, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
O snap Hisoka is an undercover judge, I was hoping that he would kill off both Gon and Leorio, but then the story wouldn't be able to progress.

Mar 16, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
Holy shit the swamp took out a lot of applicants. Hisoka, what a beast. Where's the Hisoka vs Luxord fight?
Apr 19, 2015 12:46 PM

Nov 2009
Hisoka is a creep of the highest order, His expression when he was strangling Gon was very...weird.
Apr 23, 2015 7:03 AM

Feb 2014
Never bring a fishing rod to a card game
Jul 28, 2015 8:29 AM

Oct 2013
Hisoka was pretty amazing
Aug 22, 2015 3:22 AM
Apr 2013
LOL that encounter between Gon and Hisoka almost seemed kind of erotic, in a very very twisted way xD
Gon "I was scared and wanted to run away but at the same time, I felt so excited!!"
lollll awkward

zat-bust said:
O snap Hisoka is an undercover judge.

No silly!:-P
Hisoka isn't a judge he was just playing his own little game and judging for himself who he considered worthy of becoming a hunter. He liked the expression on Leorio and Gon's faces and thought Kurapika was wise for running away so he let them live.
RedhillsAug 22, 2015 3:27 AM
Aug 30, 2015 6:18 PM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
Frog-in-waiting
Ohohohoho

Just going to say that although I find Hisoka a bit creepy, he's kinda cool at the same time with his calm personality and those evil grins.

this has absolutely nothing to do with what you've said, but you commented on my birthday 2yrs ago :p
-----
anywhos, hisoka was really showing his psychopathic stuff in this one. was really happy that leo came back, but i don't fine pika a coward for not fighting. pika is on the track for one thing, and none of that involves hisoka in his eyes. there was no need for him to get into a needless battle. the difference between him and leo is just personality.

poor old gon...i felt really bad for the dear boy.
---
i really don't care about "Blud, blud, geev mea teh blud" since i'm an extremely weak stomached person, so it didn't affect me in any way.
TomDayAug 30, 2015 6:22 PM
Dec 5, 2015 1:42 PM

Sep 2013
GalekC here. Just found out that Hulu's using the BD version of this show on their site! Naisu~

Still has that omitted blood, but with bits of better art & animation at the very least.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Dec 13, 2015 1:09 PM
Oct 2015
As Hisoka turns in to mist? This is not his ability. I'm confused (Re-watch).
Jan 6, 2016 2:51 AM

Jun 2015
damn the applicants are decreasing pretty fast
May 15, 2016 8:58 AM

May 2016
In the words of Hisoka, 'I'm starting to get excited..'

If you disagree with any thoughts or opinions expressed in the above post, you're wrong and I hate you forever!
May 15, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
insan3Spectre said:

True and he was making such a big claim after only 5 episodes lmao.
You guys are giving me hope for this series.
May 17, 2016 8:14 PM
Mar 2015
Hisoka seems like the creepiest villain I have ever seen in Shounen so far. Wonder if Gon and Kurapika can make it in time...
May 31, 2016 1:48 PM
May 2012
No blood? This is r rated, bro.
Jun 3, 2016 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
Tengai said:

It was actually rated Pg 13 back then. Only after complaints from parentsdue to how gruesome and mature some scenes had become that they changed it to R.
End Zionazism
Jun 3, 2016 3:12 AM
May 2012
Mikasa said:
Tengai said:

It was actually rated Pg 13 back then. Only after complaints from parentsdue to how gruesome and mature some scenes had become that they changed it to R.

I see. Thanks for telling me then.
Aug 3, 2016 7:40 PM

May 2014
My reaction to Hisoka: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/405/992/e91.gif
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oct 4, 2016 12:45 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Hisoka.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 14, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2016
Hisoka with his techniques <3
And Killua, that small beast..
Apr 14, 2017 10:30 AM

Sep 2010
UnknowablE said:
goral said:
5[added for replies sake]

the idea of it being censored violence wise disturbs me

What? How can a lack of gory violence be more disturbing the actual gory violence? People these days are becomming really blood thirsty and creepy.

i for one was THRILLED that it was censored. As a high sensitive person I can not handly gory violence. If it's to visual it makes me sick, literally. Because of this I sometimes miss out on very interesting stories. I'm sad and angry when good stories get the gory treatment because of the bloodthirsty crowd who ruin it for everyone else.

You do not need gory details for the story to pack the same punch. If you need gopry details to make things interesting, then the story is poor and not worth your time.

Disturbed by LACK of explicit violence... dissapointed by lack of blood.. seriously all of you..whats wrong with you people.
Jul 18, 2017 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
Eranime90 said:
UnknowablE said:

the idea of it being censored violence wise disturbs me

What? How can a lack of gory violence be more disturbing the actual gory violence? People these days are becomming really blood thirsty and creepy.

i for one was THRILLED that it was censored. As a high sensitive person I can not handly gory violence. If it's to visual it makes me sick, literally. Because of this I sometimes miss out on very interesting stories. I'm sad and angry when good stories get the gory treatment because of the bloodthirsty crowd who ruin it for everyone else.

You do not need gory details for the story to pack the same punch. If you need gopry details to make things interesting, then the story is poor and not worth your time.

Disturbed by LACK of explicit violence... dissapointed by lack of blood.. seriously all of you..whats wrong with you people.

Honestly, I'm neither for or against violence. I think it kind of depends on whatever the story being told is as to whether it's effective or not. The Searchers can pull off a great scene with a character being killed off screen, but Pulp Fiction kind of needs to show us poor Marvin getting shot in the face to add that oomph to the scene.That said, I don't think this series gets too overly violent but there is definitely some dark stuff coming up later.

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 15, 2017 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
Hisoka is pretty strange. I'm just happy he did not killed gon. Kurapika made the right choice. No point in fighting an enemy who's stronger(and creepier) than you.
Nov 22, 2017 10:39 PM

May 2013
Picking this up again after a long hiatus. Don't remember if I've said this before, but I don't really like Hisoka's new voice :3 his old one was way better. This one is lower and less menacing. His old voice was unique and sent chills esp when he laughed. THAT was the creepy Hisoka I know and love X) but I'm still his fangirl, so I'll keep an open mind and try to get used to this new seiyuu haha

Hate the ending song.... D:
Dec 10, 2017 6:45 AM

Mar 2016
That was some EPIC movements! I can't believe that the animations of HxH 1999 that I just finished watching have a gap so big between that version and this version.

Also, Hisoka was badass af and now... Time to begin the weird relationship between Gon and Hisoka...
Dec 10, 2017 7:27 AM
Dec 2017
[quote=ShadowZ_AnimeZ message=53319400I can't believe that the animations of HxH 1999 that I just finished watching have a gap so big between that version and this version.
[/quote]
The animation on the 1999 version actually looks better.
Apr 25, 2018 8:40 AM

Mar 2017
Blimey. Hisoka is creepy AF.

New favourite ED right here xD

May 15, 2018 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
first encounter with joker face... man he was scary
Sep 18, 2018 6:24 PM

Apr 2015
"I'm beginning to get excited..."

WEE WOO WEE WOO
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 4, 2018 11:58 AM
Mar 2018
Hisoka would make a great yugioh player xD
Dec 22, 2018 1:36 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid progression! Up to the next episode.
Sep 28, 2019 5:45 AM

May 2016
The ones who got closed off at the tunnel definitely got off lucky because getting lost in there and subsequently failing the second half of the first test meant certain death or a life where you can never sleep again.

Hisoka's card techniques are as beautiful as it was deadly and he actually has an insider with him among the examinees. I can't help but think that the magician might be a Hunter in disguise but that'd be too obvious. Either way, it's a good thing that he spared Gon despite his perverted sadistic expression towards him and even carried Leorio to the finish line out of a whim.

Nov 24, 2019 10:57 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Interesting how only 148 applicants remain. The same exact number of episodes this show has.
I've always wondered about Hisoka, he was just that memorable and popular for non-watchers like I used to be, it seems he's on the heroes' side, or for now at leas. He didn't seem to be like the type to re-take an exam in order to finally pass it.
Apr 11, 2020 9:28 AM
Mar 2019
Damn! People are being killed in a test!. This world is crazy!.

I wanna see more of it haha
May 26, 2020 12:03 AM
Dec 2019
I am now more interested in hisoka background story, and i think leorio is somewhat close to Gon that's why he can smell him from few km away..
Jul 19, 2020 8:46 PM

Jul 2020
Leorio actually did something better then kurapika lol.
<3
Sep 1, 2020 3:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hisoka is a really interesting character...but he's also terrifying xD
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.