Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2011 4:19 PM

Jun 2008
All these rules don't make sense right now: the age restriction, the need for the target to believe there is eye contact... But I think we will have explanations for all of this later.
Else, it was enjoyable. I only have a problem with how this show can be predictable.
Oct 27, 2011 4:27 PM
Mar 2011
Love the episode..
And this damn 25 minutes...
Too fast there were over. T__T

No plot hole :3

Gai can see the voids with his eyes. You didn't saw his eye changing in episode 2? They're not silly. They give us every episode some interesting facts (some are not very visible), you just have to open your eyes >.<

Omg. Inori. Love her so much. And this really really lonely puppy face...

EPISODE 4. WHERE ARE YOU?!?

Go to hell, Haters owo(Y)

Oct 27, 2011 4:41 PM

Jun 2011
Wasabi said:
And really. The "rules" for drawing out voids is just stupid. "You can only pull voids from people 17 years old or under"? What the fuck is the point of that? That sounds god damn stupid.

That bit right there is what really annoyed me as well. I mean has there ever been a more pointless retarded power restriction than that? I mean it serves no purpose and is just not needed. Are we going to have a load of teens fighting shu all the time now? I would like some adults to be on the front lines as well.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 27, 2011 4:42 PM

May 2010
Araya said:
All these rules don't make sense right now: the age restriction, the need for the target to believe there is eye contact... But I think we will have explanations for all of this later.

InoriYuzuriha said:

Gai can see the voids with his eyes. You didn't saw his eye changing in episode 2? They're not silly. They give us every episode some interesting facts (some are not very visible), you just have to open your eyes >.<

Gai's an alien. And Void Genome is alien origin.

Extraterrestrial reasons makes everything, no matter how silly it is, conceivable~...
Oct 27, 2011 4:48 PM

Jan 2011
Okay so i understand if people wanna rant about the first 6mins but for highschool life experience it wasn't that bad.

Hey people from last week remember that plot hole you wanted explained in the same episode well here ya go Even the MC was wondering about it and you got your Answer! happy?~.

this lead to void finding training poor souta he was just listening to his beatz only to be wondering what the hell he was doing,while one thing this next part showed me the Future social netwrork is scary guess word spreads fast even in that big of a school haha.

and Finally the last part i knew something was up with yahrio as someone else stated If shu doesn't learn to trust people better after this i don't know what will,with all that being said this episode had it's up and downs (+1 for better fanservice) but if GC can do More cliffhangers like that train part it will easily keep me wanting to watch it even more.

Inb4 haters gonna hate once again
Oct 27, 2011 4:49 PM

Jul 2010
Not bad for being generic as hell. I'll continue to watch. Yeah yeah call me a hater, fuck you.
Oct 27, 2011 4:50 PM

Jun 2011
C'mon guys seriously? It's only episode THREE. I'm sure it will all be explained :O There're a lot of directions the writers could have taken and exploited to pull off a satisfying explanation - it seems that genetics is the way to go so far.

If they butcher an explanation, I'll join your rage side but I really do think it's too early to call it game.
Oct 27, 2011 5:07 PM

Aug 2010
It was just okay...*sigh*

3/5
Oct 27, 2011 5:08 PM

Oct 2011
Okay, point is, this anime is looking 5 BILLION times better than BRS (2012) right now.

I have so many words I'd like to say to BRS' first PV, but nothing comes out because it depresses me so much. If you want to hate on something that was POTENTIALLY good, go hate on that.

It deserves it.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Oct 27, 2011 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
it goes to show to never trust anyone :|
Oct 27, 2011 5:26 PM

Aug 2008
Unlike the previous episodes, this one was good. I thought it was a sweet tale of friendship... until the ending. God, what a betrayal.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 27, 2011 5:26 PM

Aug 2011
First betray of the show is here.... I can't wait to see the day Shu is betrayed by Inori or Gai or his own father (I believe that's Dr. Ouma ^^)
Oct 27, 2011 5:36 PM

May 2010
At the end there, I thought they were going to try to execute him on the spot...but no....
Think he's going to get rescued?
Oct 27, 2011 5:55 PM

Jul 2011
IceAndCream said:
At the end there, I thought they were going to try to execute him on the spot...but no....
Think he's going to get rescued?

Well, either that or the show has a devastatingly abrupt ending?
Oct 27, 2011 6:30 PM
Feb 2011
"yes"

LOL
Oct 27, 2011 6:47 PM

Jun 2009
I'm not satisfied with that explanation Gai gave, sure we now understand that he can see people's void but...it was still just handled badly, I think. Honestly, all this series has going for it is the pretty visuals, so far. Though, I will admit that the twist at the end has me mildly interested going forward.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2011 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
SoundlessSky said:
"yes"

LOL

Haha! I laugh at that part where he looked at Inori's legs expecting a panty shot.

Other things that I wanna mention.

- The guys at the class notices Inori as the famed vocalist. Finally
- Souta being a jerk to Shu. Wanna punch him in the face.
- So it's clear that the lady scientist is Shu's mom and Shu doesn't know that she's
involve in the Void Genome project that he acquired
- Void only work on minors? What the hell is that? It's really awkward. They need an explanation for this.
- Yahiro unexpectedly bought out Shu at the GHQ by pushing him out at the train. More like it looked he lightedly push him.Wish Inori pulled out her gun and kill him.
- Shu maybe wimpy for now but I'm sure he'll change. Ever heard of character development?

- Inori is super cute. Prettiest girl this season and that epic face at the end is epic.
- Inori's bra is pink, her panties maybe pink as well. *tries to imagine*
Oct 27, 2011 6:48 PM

Nov 2007
3 episodes and people are already calling plot holes? I know it seems cool to try and be analytical of every detail, but jesus fuck, chill out.
Oct 27, 2011 6:51 PM

May 2011
So far, I'm really enjoying this even with the possible plot holes, nothing is flawless.. Err, then again, the romance part is the greatest allure for me right now. Something Geass-ic with romance would be a dream come true.

As for the seventeen and lower age thing, the AI in me says that it could be connected with puberty/growing stages. Hormones too, possibly. There's also the whole inner turmoil teens grow though. Plus, it never states that people over seventeen are unable to draw out voids, just that they can't be drawn from. It's also only a rule, maybe past a certain point in people's lives, they can't live with having their voids ripped out. So seventeen might be the highest age with definitely no repercussions to the other person.

Maybe next episode, Shu will try to tear it out of the GHQ dude. Mght show more insight.

EDIT: Or maybe puberty fills their void after seventeen? I think there's a sex joke somewhere in here.
Oct 27, 2011 6:53 PM

Jun 2010
I really enjoyed the episode.

Next episode: Shu captured, and possible character development.....

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT = WIN

*At least I'm hoping for some character development. :/*
Oct 27, 2011 6:55 PM

Dec 2010
Fuck that Yahiro kid.

Shu saved his fucking life in a way and he does that shit to him? That's such a bitch move.

Loving Inori though. She's not as quiet as I thought she'd be.

Oct 27, 2011 6:55 PM
Apr 2009
Well that was disappointing. I honestly did not expect Shu to simply be naive enough to believe that Yashiro will simply comply with the terms of the deal

Oct 27, 2011 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
What a strong episode. I loved how shit hit the fan after all that.
Oct 27, 2011 7:00 PM

Jun 2011
Nanop33 said:
Well that was disappointing. I honestly did not expect Shu to simply be naive enough to believe that Yashiro will simply comply with the terms of the deal

I think it's a pretty good start for growth. Burned once, twice careful - if he lives which no doubt he will O_O but wouldn't it be crazy if he didn't? Reminds me of how Ga-Rei Zero started....
Oct 27, 2011 7:02 PM

Dec 2010
Nanop33 said:

I thought it was normal. If you think about it, Yahiro appears just to be some kid who had to fake his image. Shu sort of empathized with him and they became "friends". It's not that farfetch'd really.

Oct 27, 2011 7:09 PM

Jul 2010
Wasabi said:
It's like Produciton IG and the CG writers aren't even trying with this. The episode just fits all the same generic cliches and tropes to a tee. Predictable transfer student. Predictable new roommate. Predictable friend involved. Come on. They can at least try to bring it up to Code Geass's standards.

So they answer last episode's plot hole with another plot hole. How the fuck does Gai read other people's voids? Generic anime storyboarding predicts that Gai was clearly experimented on with Void tech when he was a child.

And really. The "rules" for drawing out voids is just stupid. "You can only pull voids from people 17 years old or under"? What the fuck is the point of that? That sounds god damn stupid.

At this rate, Guilty Crown is going to end up being the biggest disappointment of the season. They're hardly even trying to be "original" if all they do is follow the most generic and classic anime tropes there are. At least the ending is some what suspenseful.

oh, i don't think any of I.G's writers have a care for this show, the likes of Kamiyama Kenji and Fujisaku Junichi won't bother handling anything with it so its just Araki, Hiroyuki and Ichiro here and those that contributed to its planning

so far, its sub standard for an I.G anime, especially them having an edge in the sci-fi genre, now i'm wanting more I.G.-Shirow Masamune collaborations

BRSxIgnition said:
Okay, point is, this anime is looking 5 BILLION times better than BRS (2012) right now.

I have so many words I'd like to say to BRS' first PV, but nothing comes out because it depresses me so much. If you want to hate on something that was POTENTIALLY good, go hate on that.

It deserves it.

and here i am betting BRS TV series will be BETTER than this one, well UN-GO actually is, currently a LOT better than GC and i think will continue to be
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 27, 2011 7:20 PM

Jun 2009
Shu being betrayed hardly had the impact it possibly could have had because of its predictability and its failure to the show the close bond between him and Yahiro. If done well, their friendship would be shown over the course of several episodes. However, Yahiro was introduced this episode, and thus he and Shu seemed to be more like acquaintances than friends.

I'm now purely watching this for the art and fanservice. Inori is always nice to look at :)
Oct 27, 2011 7:23 PM

Jun 2009
The ending to the last episode was a pretty good indicator that this episode wasn't going to be a high point of GC. Still, it wasn't that bad. Except for the Rules of the Void, those were completely retarded.

Looks like there's a more auspicious (for the viewers) ending to this episode. Hopefully, that means that next episode will be better.
Oct 27, 2011 7:24 PM

Feb 2011
Yahiro: "Sayounara, Raye Penber!"
Oct 27, 2011 7:26 PM

Nov 2010
Oh hey! Let's use the shears he just pulled out to cut his nuts off!

Fucking bitch, yelling at my Inori! >;[ He got what he deserved at the end, for being such a pussy and using cliches, "OMG HES A GOOD GUY, SO LET'S LET HIM BE."
Oct 27, 2011 7:28 PM

Mar 2009
Of course she's living with him! Of course.
They're not even trying, are they?
Oct 27, 2011 7:31 PM

Jul 2010
actually, have [C] remake with this anime's production values, budget as well as length and we already have a BETTER show to watch

though honestly this episode is better than the first two

Kuchenlight said:
Yahiro: "Sayounara, Raye Penber!"

WTF!? you got it man!
AmberFebruaryOct 27, 2011 7:41 PM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 27, 2011 7:34 PM

May 2008
i guess he deserved it... Inori should of killed that Samukawa guy oh well

can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 27, 2011 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
AmberFebruary said:
Wasabi said:

and here i am betting BRS TV series will be BETTER than this one, well UN-GO actually is, currently a LOT better than GC and i think will continue to be

Huh those are two totally different types of animes? T^T,Don't see anything to eyepoping about Un-go besides that Trap, guess it's because i don't really like *Detective* shows
Oct 27, 2011 7:44 PM

Oct 2011
To Amberfebruary:

Why the hate, brah? I honestly don't get why you're finding all the SMALLEST points of everything to complain about, considering you're posting here every 20 minutes. Try to do something more productive.

It's a good anime, the rules were fine by me, it's pretty obvious that the age rule will be talked about more later on, and other than that, between this episode and the preview for the next, it's looking like this anime will be a 9 for me. Then again, no promises until it's finished.

To Mormegil:

She's moved in with him to protect him, of course she'd have to be beside him to do that. Oh wait, no, it makes more sense to have your body guard 30 meters away at all times. PERFECT SENSE.

I give up, people with nothing better to do will certainly continue to hate, and I just won't listen anymore.

I've always paid more attention to the anime than to the haters anyway, it's what everyone should do.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Oct 27, 2011 7:47 PM

Jun 2011
I'm actually surprised that more people aren't talking about how messed up Shu's plan was to pull the girl's void in the middle of the hallway O_O

I guess it's no fun criticizing something so obvious?
Oct 27, 2011 7:49 PM

Oct 2011
echan12101992 said:
I'm actually surprised that more people aren't talking about how messed up Shu's plan was to pull the girl's void in the middle of the hallway O_O

I guess it's no fun criticizing something so obvious?

He assumed it was just her, and that she'd forget it all anyway. Plus. he didn't know he needed to make eye contact, or that the other girl was there.
Oct 27, 2011 7:51 PM
Apr 2009
DesolateOne said:
Nanop33 said:

I thought it was normal. If you think about it, Yahiro appears just to be some kid who had to fake his image. Shu sort of empathized with him and they became "friends". It's not that farfetch'd really.

Nice Pokemon reference there lul
But other than that, it was a decision with the full knowledge that Yashiro was working with the GHQ

Oct 27, 2011 7:51 PM

Jun 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
He assumed it was just her, and that she'd forget it all anyway. Plus. he didn't know he needed to make eye contact, or that the other girl was there.

There was a mob O_O Remember the picture and everyone giving him weird looks?
Oct 27, 2011 7:53 PM

Oct 2011
echan12101992 said:
BRSxIgnition said:

There was a mob O_O Remember the picture and everyone giving him weird looks?

Well, that only happened after. Hence, one person saw it as shu was paused, his hand on her breast, and called others over. I'm damn sure he wouldn't do it if like, 30 people were watching xD

Nanop33 said:
DesolateOne said:
Nanop33 said:

Nice Pokemon reference there lul
But other than that, it was a decision with the full knowledge that Yashiro was working with the GHQ

They never said the one who saw him was with the GHQ. They said it was a druggie who had shears as a void, they never even said they suspected him. Even afterwards, he just turned him in to the GHQ, not like he was working with them all along.
Oct 27, 2011 7:54 PM

Jun 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
Well, that only happened after. Hence, one person saw it as shu was paused, his hand on her breast, and called others over. I'm damn sure he wouldn't do it if like, 30 people were watching xD

That's why I brought it up lol
Oct 27, 2011 7:55 PM
Feb 2011
I think those rules to Void extraction is heavily influenced by Code Geass's composer. haha

My commentaries for this episode =)
http://labyrinthusdesonus.tumblr.com/post/12018497132
Oct 27, 2011 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
katsu044 said:
AmberFebruary said:
Wasabi said:

Huh those are two totally different types of animes? T^T,Don't see anything to eyepoping about Un-go besides that Trap, guess it's because i don't really like *Detective* shows

they are all Noitamina shows, one enough reason to compare them

well, UN-GO has a lot more "depth" in its underlying theme rather than being a monotone mystery series, and what you call eyepoping isn't what defines a great anime title, a simple title like this is enough as a masterpiece if its "well directed", "well written" and message is presented well

look how over the top amount of plot twists ruin Code Geass
Oct 27, 2011 8:08 PM

Aug 2009
PikachuXD said:

The main problem is the age limit thing is really not something you can cover up or find an explanation for that wouldn't sound like complete bs even when we're watching not attentively.

I mean suspension of disbelief has limits. FMA's element bending was obviously fictional, yet contained that realistic aspect (the chemistry) that made it really fascinating. Heck even magic-based shows have to keep to certain rules and stay consistent. This age limit thing is just awkward. A power that must work specifically on 17 year olds and younger which was developed by PROFESSIONAL RESEARCHERS WHO HAPPEN TO BE 40+ YEARS OLD just sounds stupid. Why develop powers you can't even use? More importantly, who tested these abilities?

Or in the case of why the use of voids on animals is unknown: isn't it unethical to test superpowers on human beings before testing on test animals first? That's why this power is just too much bs for some to handle. And "the shape of the heart" thing is just too BLEH.

Hmm, some interesting points, but perhaps you are looking at the problem from the wrong point of view? I doubt those scientists developed some kind of super weapon to be used specifically on kids 17 years old and younger. My guess is that the scientists came across this technology--that is, the ability to extract weapons and other things from people--but they have only managed to make it work on young people so far. This idea seems plausible to me, since it was said in episode 2 that only three genomes have been successfully cultivated thus far. Sounds like some new, experimental, top-secret weapon still in development.

If that's the case, maybe with further research the scientists will be able to cultivate far more efficient and powerful genomes in the future, and maybe those will work on people of all ages.

But, I may be wrong, and this 17 years old and younger thing is just a silly gimmick. I just hope that is not the case. XD
Oct 27, 2011 8:26 PM

Aug 2010
It was quite obvious that he was gonna betray Shu, well for me. This ep all round was so so, not as great as the past 2.

Oct 27, 2011 8:54 PM

Oct 2008
Another male protagonist with the personality of a rock...
Another story with a lot of potential, which has so far, squandered its potential.
Another anime whose third episode had a massive drop in animation.

Please stop comparing this to Code Geass. Despite the plot holes in Geass, Lelouch was an amazingly engaging character to watch. Shu is another brainless, shallow character...

They also pulled this Sugar thing out of nowhere. I'm assuming the pulling Voids out of students was supposed to be funny, but it totally wasn't.

Inori is honestly the only thing keeping me watching this.
Oct 27, 2011 9:28 PM

Jun 2010
It was a nice episode & I liked the betrayal cliffhanger. And besides, Shu can take a lesson from this.

As for his logic of trying to extract weapons from his classmates in front of everyone... It was stupid.
Oct 27, 2011 9:29 PM

Jul 2010
Mormegil said:
Of course she's living with him! Of course.
They're not even trying, are they?

And yet some people call this show flawless : p

I would have more respect, if this show attempted to have some originality.
Oct 27, 2011 9:33 PM

Jun 2011
I don't even watch this for the shitty plot. I watch it for Tsugumi's ass and Inori's naked body.

The main character is a pussy. We need more main characters like Satou from Welcome to the NHK! or Okabe from Steins;Gate
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Oct 27, 2011 9:34 PM

Apr 2009
I love watching this on niconico. But yeah, there's a lot of tropes in this and not always used well.

Still gonna keep watching, though. And hey, fanservice levels were down this ep!

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.