Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2011 9:57 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Frieza is just too evil to let live....
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:21 AM

Nov 20, 2013 3:16 PM

May 2012
Holy fucks even after all that Goku still provided some help! He's really to friendly for his enemies! Either way lets see how Goku will actually escape now and I just hope to never see Freeza again!
Dec 2, 2013 1:18 AM
Sep 2010
I can't believe Goku actually gave some of his Ki to Frieza. That dude is the definition of evil. Goku's kindness will get him killed...oh wait...it already did. This is the most frustrating arc ever.
Uploader53
Dec 15, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
Jan 10, 2014 12:50 PM

Oct 2009
I've been waiting for afterimage technique all this time, now I'm satisfied

So the fight with Freeza took only mere 28 episodes (or maybe 29 if you also include the next episode). Now that the greatest evil in universe is destroyed, or at least isn't the strongest one anymore, I wonder what will be next?

Uploader53 said:
I can't believe Goku actually gave some of his Ki to Frieza. That dude is the definition of evil. Goku's kindness will get him killed...oh wait...it already did. This is the most frustrating arc ever.

Wouldn't you be able to say that about Piccolo and Vegeta at one time? Well, Vegeta still is pretty evil, though. But if Goku would act otherwise, it would be out of character. So I don't understand why it is frustrating
SerhiykoJan 10, 2014 12:54 PM
Jul 21, 2014 1:21 AM

May 2014
Goku -_____-
Jan 14, 2016 9:49 AM

Apr 2014
Son Goku wins, Frieza is deafeated! Son Goku had the upperhand but in the end, Frieza was randomly cutted in two pieces by his own attack. Frieza begs Son Goku to save him. And actually, Son Goku gives him some energy to suruve and fly.
Jan 30, 2016 2:27 AM

May 2013
What a horrible way to go lol even for Frieza, even I felt a little bad... Goku is such a nice guy, knowing Frieza tho he will try something so the fight isn't fully yet over. Great episode.

Mar 7, 2016 8:47 PM

Aug 2013
Defeated by his own attack, that's some poetic justice type stuff going on and coupled with the fact that he essentially created the thing he feared most.
Jun 21, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2016
I figured Frieza would be felled by his own attack, but not like that.

I was expecting Goku to pull a fast one on him. "You're gonna pull up at the last second? I'm too smart for that!" Or whatever Frieza said. I figured Goku would get close quarters, jab him hard in the stomach to stun him/disorient him and then afterimage out the way.

Should've figured Goku still didn't want to see his foe die though.

But... why did Goku bother to share his ki with Frieza? He's not namekian, he can't regenerate. He's screwed... right? ._.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 19, 2018 12:15 PM

Nov 2017
Frieza... has been defeated???!!! Ironic how he was killed by his own weapon. I can't believe Goku even tried to give him a chance at the end. He doesn't deserve one after all he's done in the past. If he somehow survives the blast because of Goku, then I've had it. Unlike Piccolo and Vegeta, I can't see him allying with the Z warriors in any way shape or form.

The first half of the episode was quite good, it gave us insight to the 3 other surviving saiyans and actually developed Nappa's character a bit too. Funny how Raditz doesn't really get developed much in that scene either just like in his saga.

And about that ending... the planet is literally about to explode any second and Goku is just standing there. Just fucking get to the ship and take off otherwise you'll have no time left! Mind you, there probably isn't even any to start the engines by now.
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 21, 2018 7:07 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
KitaTsuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Frieza is just too evil to let live....

Yeha if Goku would have really saved him, I would have thrown my computer out of the window xD

May 24, 2018 12:24 AM

Oct 2009
Yiuumii said:
Yeha if Goku would have really saved him, I would have thrown my computer out of the window xD

Careful there, fella
Nov 18, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2016
Nobody to point out the plot hole in the filler, where the three sayans end up knowing that Frieza destroyed planet Vegeta? I mean, if it was cannon, Raditz would know it even though he told Goku a meteor strike destroyed their homeplanet, and it doesn't make sense to Vegeta act surprised when Dodoria tells him this in Namekusei.
Mar 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Jul 2008
Goku you idiot....you are going to regret this.
Dec 16, 2019 6:23 AM

Mar 2010
I think that in the end of the Freezer arc there are some unnecessary lengths and recap snippets to make it last a bit longer.

Why does Freezer not try to leave the planet as he is smart enough to notice Goku is stronger. Instead he loses himself in his anger and ends up being cut in half (and some more parts...).

Goku is just too kind but Freezer won't change ever.
Aug 1, 2020 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
How ironic. Frieza got taken down by his technique, cut in half, and unable to move. I don't see how he will escape from the Planet's destruction in his current pitiful state. He did mention something about breathing in space, but can he survive an entire planet's explosion? Unless he can muster enough strength to move around with just the top of his body.

Speaking of which, Goku's kindness, while frustrating at times, is part of his nature. It just can't be helped. While it is a reckless and naive act, maybe sparing Frieza's life will prove to be in Goku's favor in the future.

"Why do you keep calling me such meaningless titles? It only makes you look weak and frightened." Ah, Goku, that's just how it is in modern days.

"You could say that Frieza isn't feeling complete." King Kai is such an adorable, cockroach-looking creature.
removed-userAug 1, 2020 12:19 PM
Oct 4, 2020 8:43 PM
May 2019
That does seem to be the end of Frieza. Of course, I'd expect him to survive this and rematch Goku in the future. But, it should be some time before that happens, if it happens at all. Goku, is simply too kind, even for his enemies. That's practically his biggest weakness - helping even his enemies, despite knowing what they are capable of. I have to admit, however, Frieza's pathetic cries for help are somewhat intimidating. I wonder if Goku's actions will have any effect on his blatantly evil mindset at all.
Jul 18, 2021 4:55 PM
Jul 2020
Man goku gotta stop saving his damn enemies
Mar 1, 2022 7:03 PM

Dec 2020
Goku completely and utterly destroyed Frieza's pride with this. Even though it was a stupid decision it was somewhat satisfying to watch, same with previous episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.