Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 22, 2011 3:22 PM

Aug 2011
New OP is nice. Episode was good. Great overall presentation of past events.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Oct 22, 2011 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
Project Momoka.
Oct 22, 2011 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
The new OP is awesome. I laughed a little when Shoma found out that Ringo was right next door.
Oct 22, 2011 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
prismheart said:
The new OP is awesome. I laughed a little when Shoma found out that Ringo was right next door.

+1
I lol'ed hard.
Oct 22, 2011 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
I almost shed tears.
I was raging at that you-know-who-jerk.

Great episode.
My Yuri don't you do anything foolish k. ;A;
Oct 22, 2011 8:17 PM
Oct 22, 2011 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
Gotta say Lily Hoshino is one of my favourite artists so seeing this at the end made my day.
Oct 22, 2011 11:42 PM

Feb 2010
wtf
Oct 23, 2011 12:45 AM

Nov 2007
somehow they made me feel bad for Yuri the potential rapist who was going to rape Ringo, who before was stalking and going to rape Tabuki. where was Tabuki anyway? I thought he might have been with Shoma.

seriously though Shoma being in the next room is WAY TOO COINCIDENTAL. then he was utterly useless, so I guess it didn't matter.

Sanetoshi is pretty creepy, but holy fuck what the hell was with Yuri's father? that guy was a total nutjob.

now I get the impression Momoka is somehow alive. while multiple people fight over this magical diary. where is Kanba getting that money? is everyone involved in a love triangle? even the penguins?!
Oct 23, 2011 5:54 AM

Oct 2011
mystik said:
seriously though Shoma being in the next room is WAY TOO COINCIDENTAL.

I think I'm willing to forgive this show for that. I mean, this show is about fate and destiny. Coincidences are bound to happen.
Oct 23, 2011 7:15 AM
Jun 2011
this show never ceases to amaze and molest.
Oct 23, 2011 8:20 AM

Feb 2011
pantyshots said:
mystik said:

I think I'm willing to forgive this show for that. I mean, this show is about fate and destiny. Coincidences are bound to happen.

I think Yuri did it on purpose somehow.
Oct 23, 2011 9:59 AM

Nov 2009
I thought the beginning was hilarious. So we finally get to see the Diaries true powers, and how Yuri managed to get involved in all this.
Oct 23, 2011 12:33 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
This is just a start up of my experience with the double mindfuck effect this episode caused. I shall start with the one that most mind screwed me in point format
Oct 23, 2011 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
what's that song called at the end
Oct 23, 2011 1:17 PM

Apr 2010
Kurogashi said:
what's that song called at the end

Gray Wednesday, sung by Triple-H.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 23, 2011 1:52 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode. Momoka sacrificed herself to save Yuri's fate. But I don't think she's actually dead.
Oct 23, 2011 2:46 PM

Apr 2011
Jesus tittyfucking christ not unlike the rest of the episodes this one's absolutely amazing in many ways.
Oct 23, 2011 3:29 PM

Sep 2009
I'm pretty surprised that people are actually like the newer episodes of this show. I guess I'll be in the minority on this one.
Oct 23, 2011 5:52 PM

Oct 2011
VASVISM said:
pantyshots said:
mystik said:

I think Yuri did it on purpose somehow.

possibly. yuri could've read it in the diary.
Oct 24, 2011 11:16 PM

Aug 2009
Dad of the year.
Oct 25, 2011 10:31 AM

Nov 2009
spigot said:
this show never ceases to amaze and molest.

this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2011 2:47 PM

Nov 2009
this is one of the best shows I've ever seen .. I'm speechless
this episode almost made me cry .. this is what we call "masterpiece"
i've never seen something like mawaru in my whole life .. and I doubt that I will see any
Oct 25, 2011 3:51 PM

May 2008
AMAZING EPISODE!!!

need the next one!
Oct 25, 2011 6:04 PM

Mar 2008
Was I the only one who misinterpreted Shouma's friend for Tabuki at first? Why did I get the feeling that they look similar? And how much important to the story is that guy? I mean, so far all side, invaluable characters were replaced with those generic white human figures. The fact that this guy is properly drawn makes me think he might play a crucial part in the next episodes. What if he's Himari's destined one? xDDD
edit: but now that I think about it, there were also Kamba's girlfriends.. so perhaps this guy is not that big of a deal to the plot...

Tabuki's scars and the wounds one gets for using the diary... ahem... could it be related? I mean, could it be that Tabuki used the diary himself?

There's more to the episode title, that has been somewhat lost in translation. I'm totally convinced that it's another reference to the "Superfrog Saves Tokyo". And we've already seen that the frog is Ringo. LOL, made me laugh to see the frog eating the fly in front of the No.2. They really are such a couple xD
My question is though - who's the saviour? The frog, i.e. Ringo? Or rather... Momoka? Or could it be that Momoka is also a frog since she comes from the Oginome family? I mean, Takakura's children are all siblings -> all penguins. So Oginome's children are all frogs then, right?
In any case that's another +1 for possible foreshadowing of the saviour actions towards the world from Ringo's side.

Momoka being the PoC is shouting at us, BUT! If she really is.. WHY didn't she tell anything to Ringo about it? She did have a couple of chances to do that! And another question is... if Momoka is PoC.. then WHO's in Mario's hat? Who controls Mario?

Another question: how come No.2 was up and running while Shouma was off? Does it mean that he could still hear the fight? Oh... and the fact that Shouma ended up next room.. it might not be just convenient to the story.. at some point, I thought that perhaps Masako was able to make Shouma's friend win this ticket, so that Shouma would actually appear on stage? But that's a bit too much of guessing/planning from her side.. unless she was told to do so by Sanetoshi.. or unless Sanetoshi himself made that guy win such a prize and share it with Shouma.. OR... yet again.. perhaps that faceless friend will soon become another major character... we'll see...

I'm also quite impressed - saving Yuri from her mad dad.. kinda provoked the 95 accident. I mean that flying helicopter - exactly the same as the one Tabuki saw in his flashback in 1995 right during the bombing accident. It gave me a feeling that helicopters did not just bomb the subway, but also that enormous David tower... but then... if Yuri was saved by Momoka.. why does Yuri still have something wrong with her body? I'd expect that all physical wounds disappear from her body just like her father did... but it didn't happen.. why?

Finally, Momoka... the way she loved everything and everybody in this world... the way she saved people taking their pain instead... she's such a Jesus! She's such a Saviour of the world. She's such a Goddess. She's so much on the same level as Sanetoshi, yet completely opposed to his devil side. Perhaps, I wasn't the only one who noticed that reference, but it was so FABULOUS MAX!
soulelleOct 26, 2011 5:04 AM
Oct 26, 2011 12:24 AM

Jun 2011
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!
just when i thought i couldn't love this show anymore i end up LOVING IT EVEN MORE!
Oct 26, 2011 5:28 AM

Nov 2009
soulelle said:
Was I the only one who misinterpreted Shouma's friend for Tabuki at first? Why did I get the feeling that they look similar?

same here

soulelle said:

Finally, Momoka... the way she loved everything and everybody in this world... the way she saved people taking their pain instead... she's such a Jesus! She's such a Saviour of the world. She's such a Goddess. She's so much on the same level as Sanetoshi, yet completely opposed to his devil side. Perhaps, I wasn't the only one who noticed that reference, but it was so FABULOUS MAX!

yup, the reference is very clear
"savior of the world"
and how she got hurt ( even died as we will see later ? ) because of her saving other people and changing their lives
i think that even the diary refer to something but for now I will keep the thought to myself.
Oct 26, 2011 6:47 AM

Apr 2011
this mindblew me right after episode 14.
poor Yuri, I really despise that damn father of hers.

and I finally get to see Momoka, which leads to my next question..
isn't she the same girl who was running around in Sanetoshi's library?

/still mindblown
Oct 26, 2011 7:37 AM

Aug 2010
WoW
Oct 26, 2011 8:18 AM

Oct 2010
soulelle said:
I'm also quite impressed - saving Yuri from her mad dad.. kinda provoked the 95 accident. I mean that flying helicopter - exactly the same as the one Tabuki saw in his flashback in 1995 right during the bombing accident. It gave me a feeling that helicopters did not just bomb the subway, but also that enormous David tower... but then... if Yuri was saved by Momoka.. why does Yuri still have something wrong with her body? I'd expect that all physical wounds disappear from her body just like her father did... but it didn't happen.. why?
Think of Hellgirl. The person is sent to hell right away and you get cursed but if you have a knife cut from that person you sent to hell, even though you are wounded and that person was sent to hell, still does not remove that knife cut at all.

So if anything like Hellgirl, the diary only made Momoka pay up for saving Yuri not saving her and healing her.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 26, 2011 10:11 AM

Apr 2010
NinaWolken said:
RainbowMagnet said:

False alarm guys. No rape this episode.

You must be kidding. Sure Ringo ended safe but loli-Yuri in the other hand... ;__;. This episode was wonderfully executed. 25 minutes and I don't give a damn anymore about Himari and the brothers. I just want Yuri to be reunite with Momoka again.

5/5 of course

agree with you..such a touching ep...in previous eps i hate yuri..but now that i know her story,i feel sorry for her..and i cant blame her for her actions
Oct 27, 2011 8:06 AM

Sep 2009
Amazing episode. This show is just so... I dunno, mesmerizing?

Oct 27, 2011 10:58 PM

Dec 2010
momoka experiences spontaneous combustion, lol. Damn that sucks.

I think Yuri may have confused Momoka's words though. Momoka might have meant to love Yuri platonically like a friend, when it seems like in Yuri's reflection she's thinks and wants Momoka's words to be love. Or I could have misinterpreted that too. Oh well, it's a interesting anime!
Oct 28, 2011 6:02 AM

Mar 2010
Amazing stuff going on in this episide!!
Yuri's father was a disguisting werido who was... chiseling his daughter???
Crazy crazy shit.
When he called he ugly, omg my mouth was just agape.
"Did he just fucking tell his daughter no one would ever love her? WTF??"
AND WE FINALLY GET TO SEE MOMOKA!!!
EFERTHTYJUMNUYNMJK7UNJ
SHIT IS GOING DOWN!!

I'm not the only one that was disappointed there was no Yuringo rape right?
No?
Okay.

Oct 28, 2011 10:00 AM

Jun 2011
Btw, the little girl running in Sanetoshi's library - yes, I'm pretty sure it was Momoka. And he referred to her as to "his love".

So, Momoka was Tabuki's love, Yuri's love, Sanetoshi's love... Momoka is love, God is love, Momoka is God? :P
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Nov 1, 2011 7:38 PM

Dec 2008
Love it so far but I think Mawapen horribly lacks shounen-ai, it just doesn't do it justice imo. ;__;

Let's hope for something like Kanba x Shouma or at least Shouma falling for Tabuki or something, to spice it up even more. .___.
Nov 6, 2011 5:36 PM

May 2009
Wow, I'm freaking out!!!! I want to see what happens next but I don't want to catch up to the current episode! I always need to watch at least two of an anime I like lol. Dang, that was awesome!
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Nov 17, 2011 1:46 PM

Feb 2009
w..t..f... is wrong with these people???

Anyway great episode, this is some seriously disturbing developments.
Nov 17, 2011 1:48 PM

Feb 2009
sora_yume said:
NinaWolken said:
RainbowMagnet said:

False alarm guys. No rape this episode.

You must be kidding. Sure Ringo ended safe but loli-Yuri in the other hand... ;__;. This episode was wonderfully executed. 25 minutes and I don't give a damn anymore about Himari and the brothers. I just want Yuri to be reunite with Momoka again.

5/5 of course

agree with you..such a touching ep...in previous eps i hate yuri..but now that i know her story,i feel sorry for her..and i cant blame her for her actions

it's easy to hate right?
Nov 23, 2011 11:49 PM

Feb 2009
I'm not sure about Momoka having anything to do with the hat. When Himari is in hat-mode, she's pretty mean, impatient and arrogant. It would take a lot to make the Momoka described by various people say the things hat-Himari said.

I'm also not sure about Sanetoshi being an evil entity - if anything, I find him rather playful. Of course he's kind of blackmailing Kanba, but Kanba seems to have started that shady business with the men in black all by himself, and before anything happened to Himari, if I remember correctly. Also, what would Sanetoshi want with money? I think he's playing a completely different game with Kanba here. I get the feeling it has something to do with the much appreciated incest here. Seriously - usually I don't like incest in anime at all, but I admit I was rooting for them up to now. As others have said, it's the first time for me to ship for an incestuous relationship and of course it looks as if it's not gonna happen this time. Sigh.

Anyway, we don't know anything about Sanetoshi's intentions, and there's no proof that what hat-Himari said about black bunnies overrunning the world is true, or that it's even a bad thing. Who knows, maybe the thing in Himari's hat is the "evil" force? Then again, I don't really think that things are that black and white in this show anyway.

Except for dad from hell! Man, that was really hard to stomach. I got terrible rape vibes from the scenes, I'm convinced it was meant to do that. The imagery with the hammer and chisel seemed pretty obvious to me, I thought the injuries were an addition to sexual abuse. Anyway, it was brutal on every level.

As always it was a great episode. I'm amazed that the show keeps up the quality, suspense and overwall awesomeness in every single episode, and the cliffhangers never get old. After watching an episode I go wtf! every time, with a happy but bewildered smile on my face. It only shows how fantastic this show is that the forum here is teeming with speculations, thoughts and theories. Such a great show!
Nov 25, 2011 10:11 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, i'm so in love with this episode.
Dec 4, 2011 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
So Momoka is Jesus right?
The Art of Eight
Dec 4, 2011 2:06 PM

Aug 2011
wow some parents just amaze me, good episode! so momoka gets hurt every time she changes ones fate, i wonder if thats what caused her to die?

lol at them being right next door to each other :D and poor #2 banana getting sliced in half!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2011 9:33 AM

Aug 2008
GD this was a good episode! The most significant in this series so far.

f there's anything I hate, it's abusive parents. So Yuri's father is very much on my shit list. This was almost hard to watch. It kind of reminded me of certain episodes from Fruits Basket.

Seeing Momoka reminded me of the first time anyone saw Shinji's mother in Evangelion. Her appearance was understated to be sure, but you knew that when you saw her it was a big moment and that you were gonna learn a lot just from her very appearance. We even got to learn about what was so special about that diary, she even told us the rules that governed it.

It this leaves so many more questions now. We don't know when or how she got it, or why she specifically got it.

Dec 31, 2011 11:38 AM

Oct 2011
Momoka's death note!
Jan 13, 2012 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, Momoka has READING STEINER... I conclude
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 25, 2012 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
It's been a very long time since I feel disgusted by an anime character. Wow... Poor little Yuri.
Feb 5, 2012 6:20 PM

Feb 2010
AirStyles said:
It's been a very long time since I feel disgusted by an anime character. Wow... Poor little Yuri.

Me too.
First abuse was like "normal" rape but second was... it's just too disgusting. Websites with +18 stuff
cannot disturb me more than this!
This episode is... most disgusting that i have ever seen. I love it!
Feb 7, 2012 9:52 PM

Sep 2009
Ahhh so many things.
Yuri's psycho dad.
Kanba's sister complex.
THE BELLS.
Oh, Ikuhara.
Apr 13, 2012 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
Possibly the greatest episode so far.
The delving in such an amazing character's past is an immense treat.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.