Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2011 5:38 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Vegeta escapes and the world is saved once again. :)
LunaDec 6, 2013 5:26 AM

Nov 16, 2013 6:03 PM

May 2012
Goku is way to friendly for his enemies! Vegeta should've been killed after what he had done! So far for the Saiyan arc lets see what's next!
Dec 7, 2013 9:52 PM

Jun 2009
I have a feeling that Goku won't regret this decision...=) - This episode brings an end to the Saiyan/Vegeta saga.
Jan 22, 2014 7:49 PM

Dec 2013
What a LONG battle! It started in like, in episode 20 or so something like that. But it was really awesome. This was awesome, and extremely grueling at times, but its great to see that they finally beat him. I wonder if he will change eventually as Piccolo did. I predict that there they will eventually face an even more powerful enemy, and he will fight with them just as Piccolo did with them. It should be interesting to see what powerful villains appear next.
Dec 11, 2015 2:33 AM

Apr 2014
What an intense fight. Even Son Gohan as Great Ape couldn't really stop Vegeta. But in the end, Vegeta was too weak and had to escape to stay alive. In this moment, Krillin wanted to kill him but Son Goku convinced him to stop. So Vegeta escaped, the end of the fight.
Jan 19, 2016 11:22 AM

Aug 2013
Wow Funimation really took some liberties with Goku's reasoning for sparing Vegeta, changing the characters motivations like that is weird it gives people the wrong idea about Goku.
May 1, 2018 3:55 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
goku should stop saving lifes just like that

Sep 21, 2018 5:46 AM

Jul 2008
The episode that changed everything.
Jun 1, 2019 12:35 AM
Mar 2019
It was kind of epic when Yajirobe came out of nowhere (again) and sliced up Vegeta's back.
Nov 21, 2019 4:21 AM

Mar 2010
Hahah yeah, for a moment Jajirobe looked like the winner of the battle. Reminds me a lot of Mr. Satan later in the series.

Goku so close to death still makes strategic moves. Ape Gohan crushing Vegeta when he gets his tail cut off. Vegeta barely makes his way into his capsule, thanks to Goku sparing his life.

This battle was epic without a doubt with many helpless situations. One of the best in the series imo.

Mar 15, 2020 1:04 AM
Jan 2020
goku has mercy on someone who killed all his friends and will probably come back to annihilate all of earth. and it's all because he wants to reach for the top in his fighting potential.
strange but incredible way of laying out the main theme of this entire series and the series before it. aim for the top

incredible arc to start off the legendary dragon ball z, i find it just as good as my favorite arc, the piccolo jr. saga, and i hope the next arc tops this.

can't wait to see the root of evil
Jun 23, 2020 9:42 AM

Jan 2015
The first Frieza reference in db.
Jul 11, 2020 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
This battle was, hands down, the best fight I have seen in the Dragon Ball series, so far. Goku's limits were not only tested but went even beyond that as he exerted everything in his power to beat the powerful Vegeta, consequently laying there battered, extremely bruised, and crushed. For that, everyone contributed to the fight, even the seemingly irrelevant characters to some. Gohan, Krillin, and even Yajirobe -who showed pure guts by interfering in the fight yet again, overcoming his cowardice and selfishness for the second time- contributed something to the battle, even the smallest of actions were significant. Bravo, bravo, what a fight this has been.

Goku's act of mercy, while could be seen as outwardly naive, fits his kind-hearted persona, and, to an extent, has some merit if you apply it to the real world. Of course, with controversial matters such as these, who truly knows? Like Goku, one must follow their morals and ethics. Still, Goku's words rang true for me. Everyone deserves a second chance to experience a better life than the one they were leading.

With this, the awesome Vegeta saga is at an end. I am most certainly looking forward to what's in store for the next arc.
Sep 27, 2020 3:20 PM
May 2019
This was for sure the greatest battle I have seen in this franchise so far. It was straight-up - amazing. So many characters fought against the saiyans, even Goku's enemy, Piccolo. Despite the demise of many, they still stayed strong and fought their hardest against Vegeta. Truly amazing how long it lasted, and I am in particular, quite surprised at how much Gohan has developed. He truly has gotten over his cowardice, and at this point, has started to understand what fighting is all about - not something you can just go and hide from, hoping everything will be okay. Even Yajirobe decided to join in, surprising me, as I am used to him being an extremely lazy & self-indulgent person. In the end, Vegeta was defeated, but Goku let him get away. I can understand him, however, his desire of getting better and, once again, fight his opponent just like before. He is truly an inspiring person. I wonder if Vegeta was even remotely affected by this. If so, I'm excited to see so.
Dec 13, 2020 3:19 AM

Jul 2020
Goku rlly said "free my homie Vegeta, he ain't do nothing"
Jun 17, 2022 5:40 PM
Nov 2021
For sure the best saga/arc of the series that I've seen. Cannot wait to see Vegeta again, or what happens with Goku's friends - so hype for the rest of Dragon Ball Z 🔥🔥
Nov 12, 2023 9:01 PM

Jul 2021
The long batte is finally over and what a great fight it was. I hope we get to see Vegeta again soon.

Nov 15, 2023 4:31 PM

Nov 2015
vegeta vs monkey Gohan was hilarious, the way vegeta escaped into the space pod was funny too, once again Goku managed to spare another Enemy's life 😑
sixiscool said:
Yajirobe came out of nowhere

that moment was fucking hilarious, all that just for a scratch 🤣 and then his red undies, and then vegeta punching the hell out of his face backwards 😂 lmao
Berry-VodkaNov 15, 2023 4:38 PM

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.