Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2011 7:10 PM

Feb 2009
decent to me, the sound is very good and the animation is on point. Don't see any major reason to drop this, I thought it would be much worse actually.
Oct 13, 2011 7:17 PM

Jun 2010
....the animation they used was great which was + 50, the characters so far.....are alright the premise obvious, but the only thing that kept me going was the beautiful music which in turn + 100,000.......GOD I loved the music!!!! I'll keep watching to see how the plot develops.

* But most importantly...I'll be watching for the music. *
Oct 13, 2011 7:20 PM

Oct 2009
21:33 into the episode.

Fuck. I fell for her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2011 7:21 PM
Sep 2009
Decent start, the animation is the big selling point right now (got to love Production I.G.). The settings were so similar to Code Geass I couldn't help but laugh, the writer has to come up with a different set-up next time... other than that I enjoyed this, it is exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 13, 2011 7:22 PM

Jul 2011
AGH-RMS said:
This is going to be the Anime of the decade.

It isn't going to be better than Steins;Gate
Oct 13, 2011 7:38 PM

Sep 2008
I don't think anyone could resist the "use me" with such a revealing outfit...
I thought he was going to pull out a book though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2011 7:38 PM

Feb 2008
True Steins Gate was a masterpiece :) can't wait for the movie

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 13, 2011 7:41 PM

Jul 2011
This year's best anime is looking to be a pretty hefty competition. Overall, the episode was astounding, and it lived up to my expectations!
Oct 13, 2011 7:42 PM

Jun 2011
I was really looking forward to Guilty Crown and i was not let down this is a great start to the anime and hope it only gets better from here.
This anime reminds me of many Dantalian no Shoka, no.6, Code geass, Deadman wonderland, Index and probably a few others. If they take the best bits from all of these then i think we have a real winner on our hands.
I dont know why everyone is suprised or complaining about him pulling weapons out of their chests it said it clearly in the synopsis and it wont just be from Inori he can do it with other people as well. It is better out their chests than out their ass or something lol.... I dont really mind him pulling stuff out of people's chests better than making weapons out of air and also gives his powers restrictions and we all know powers need restrictions.
I personaly dont think Shu is to wimpy either sure he pulled away and was scared when they pointed guns at him but most people would, lelouch also did the same before he had geass though he was more calm and confident generaly, but we dont need a lelouch rip off anyway it is better shu is who shu is but yes lets see him develop as we go, which he will.
Like someone said he may be social awkward but he tries and still seems to be social accepted somewhat. Also he pulls through when it counts such as defending the while and robot from the gang of thugs and taking a beating, or running to try save Inori at the end. He pushes himself that is what counts.
To be honest i think he will shape up to be quite a nice protagonist and Inori should make a nice love interest for him.

Btw this will be 24-26 episode anime or?

Oh yeah and their mecha seems a bit like EVA mech they seem to be feeling pain where they were hit. In that one scene when that resistance woman mech got hit she seemed to feel it.
DragoonDeusOct 13, 2011 7:50 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 13, 2011 7:43 PM

Aug 2010
At first when I saw the poster for this anime, I thought it was like C's sequel or something because of the girl in the red dress and the guy with the hair + random spell effects.

OP is decent.

Gai is a badass.

Inori girl might be the cutest anime girl...ever. Also is she not supposed to be human or something? The rediculous blood loss...the flickering when she jumps out of the water in the opening..also the strange power she gives the main guy..

Unmemorable main character, can we just once get a badass main character like Gai..

GREAT use of songs in the episode, usually I hate when any kind of show (anime or not) uses random songs in their episodes but this was an amazing example of how to use music -- it really set the mood.

The ED was too calm I felt transitioning from the ending scene.

The weak points of this series is probably its writing so far, but it is the first episode so they had alot of things to cover. Its strengths were its gorgeous animation, songs and Inori.
Oct 13, 2011 7:47 PM

Apr 2009
Inori is my goddess~
Oct 13, 2011 7:53 PM
Feb 2011
dat song
Oct 13, 2011 7:58 PM

Jul 2011
It's like Code Geass all over again, the pink haired girl, the guy with the power, mechas, Japan being dominated, etc...

Still, seems like an enjoyable show, so I guess I'll watch it.
Oct 13, 2011 8:00 PM

Nov 2010
That was pretty epic, looking forward to the upcoming episodes over the 21 weeks.
Oct 13, 2011 8:00 PM
Jul 2011
Slicer: It's 2 cour so yeah there will be 24-26 eps.
I was so bloody excited for this and that is a major understatement. Glad to see it didn't disappoint. I know its first episode so production quality might be higher than usual but man I hope it stays consistently good.

And yeah who cares if its exacting weapons out of their chests. imo that's probably the best and most logical place for them to extract them. Get over it.

The Staff is amazing. Its funny how the writing is probably going to be the downpoint of the series. I hope this isn't really just seen as "Another Code Geass". I loved Code Geass but let's just leave it aside and try to what THIS show has to offer okay? And unlike Code Geass I want something to come out of the romance this time, hopefully the writer has improved since then.

I loved Steins;Gate and Madoka but GC has only just premiered. Too soon to say which is better than which but I really do think it is a contender for Anime of the year....even if its 2 cour. If the story holds up, then it'll just have the whole package cause everybody else on staff is perfect for me.
KappamakiOct 13, 2011 8:05 PM
Oct 13, 2011 8:03 PM

Oct 2009
How to resist her...

inori.png
Oct 13, 2011 8:16 PM
Nov 2008
I've learned something from this season of anime. If you want to draw me in, open with a haunting song. It worked for Horizon, and now it worked for Guilty Crown! Damn that was so good! It was like everything No.6 should have been. The national situation is clearly presented (and not the plot), the opposition is much more menacing, the good guys are much more interesting, and the supernatural aspect is much more fascinating. And that music, oh god that music! Fantastic introduction, fantastic universe, fantastic production values, I can't wait for more!
Oct 13, 2011 8:17 PM

Feb 2010
Oh wow really liking this so far. Love the animation hopefully they will keep it up through the whole series.
Oct 13, 2011 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
I'm a sucker for these types of shows to begin with, but I have to say that I loved every moment of this! 5/5

Oct 13, 2011 8:21 PM

Aug 2011
So I was just blown away with the presentation of this show. To actually grab my attention this much on the first episode is amazing. I am currently watching 5 shows this season with 3/5 already having 2 episodes. I got more enjoyment out of this one episode than all the others put together. I can't wait for more Guilty Crown. It has the chance to beat Madoka for anime of the year! 5/5
Oct 13, 2011 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
Matron_Laylie said:
So I was just blown away with the presentation of this show. To actually grab my attention this much on the first episode is amazing. I am currently watching 5 shows this season with 3/5 already having 2 episodes. I got more enjoyment out of this one episode than all the others put together. I can't wait for more Guilty Crown. It has the chance to beat Madoka for anime of the year! 5/5
totally agree,Haters gonna Hate Taters gonna Tate.
Oct 13, 2011 8:36 PM

Apr 2009
this show is generic? yah.. kinda, if we look at the premise and what happened to this episode alone.. but let's just say that it executed it very well, almost perfectly, because they have Production I.G for animation and great music.. it easily kicked out all other 'generic' shows out of the competition with presentation.. generic shows are not exactly that bad or not even "meh", it's how they can capitalize on a well established concept and still become entertaining and look awesome.. anyway, this easily became one of my two favorites for this season, as well as possible candidate for best anime of 2011 or at least kinda sure of being in the top 5..
Oct 13, 2011 8:37 PM

Jul 2010
Very, very intrigued by the first episode! From here, it's all about answering the dozen or so questions the last few minutes brought up. If they can bring it all together and keep the series great all 22 episodes, bravo Production IG!

Also, what's the deal with the bald "anti-body" fellow completely ignoring our main character when he discovered the girl? Seriously?
Oct 13, 2011 8:38 PM

Oct 2009
yanoicons.png

Oh my god she so cute. Fuaaaaaaaaak what to do.
Oct 13, 2011 8:46 PM

Nov 2010
It's still the first episode,everyone. First episode.

Seems like some people are expecting "OMGWTF this is the most original concept anime with awesum animation music characters should be great from the start etc". I don't know if it's a visible expectation for "veteran who already seen many stories".

At least give 3 episodes for juding the story. And since it's 22 episode, I believe 5 episode should be a good initial impression evaluation.

So far, the only thing that I can point out is the animation and music, both are good. Waiting for "The Dearest", though.
Oct 13, 2011 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
It's a really good introduction to the show. Loved everything. The ED is fine.

Nov 2008
The opening scene was awesome with the beautiful music and art! This was a great start. I'm already in love with this show. Hope it keeps up through the whole series.
Dec 2008
definitely the best/most intriguing opening episode of the year. I am excited to see how this anime turns out.
Oct 13, 2011 8:52 PM
Apr 2011
Very cliche but the execution makes it decent instead of terrible. Male lead has the typical shitty characterization of being made of fail in general and suddenly "brave" when the plot finds it convenient. Shounen anime/manga need to start having true consistently badass protagonists again instead of these fail eunuchs who are so common now.

Inori is a fucking sex bomb btw. I so want to fuck her.
Oct 13, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2009
A-Knight said:Very cliche but the execution makes it decent instead of terrible. Male lead has the typical shitty characterization of being made of fail in general and suddenly "brave" when the plot finds it convenient. Shounen anime/manga need to start having true consistently badass protagonists again instead of these fail eunuchs who are so common now.
Inori is a fucking sex bomb btw. I so want to fuck her.

Gtfo, she's mine.

"Use me."

Done.
Oct 13, 2011 9:15 PM

Feb 2010
Oosran said:
Well, the only thing I don't really approve is this "grabbing things out of special girl's chest."
It seems like everyone's doing it these days. ( ¬‿¬)

THIS.

but seriously.. other than that... it was AWESOME.... 5/5
Oct 13, 2011 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
When the blonde dude started fighting and the music came on I literally orgasimed all over myself.

-Straight dude

I don't like how the copied the "Use me" from Dantalian with his sticking his hand into her upper cleavage chest though.

5/5
[center]
Oct 13, 2011 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
open it
got bored
generic as fuck
fucking awfull EP.
Shit characters
shit history
Will wait 2 more episodes to see if I drop it. . what a disappointed I expected a LOT from this. and at the end. is just another generic "trying to be serious" anime.
Oct 13, 2011 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
This season keeps amazing me. I loved everything about this.
Oct 13, 2011 9:39 PM

Apr 2010
I think people are expecting too much from one episode. Anything can happen at this point. This could be the next Steins;Gate for all we know, although I probably doubt it.

That said, my impression was: Nice music and visuals, lots of stereotypes. The virus thing sounded kind of interesting, but if the show's going to focus on a wimpy (only for a little while, I hope?) main character and busty girls who moan at awkward times then I'm out.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 13, 2011 9:42 PM

Nov 2008
a good first episode
Oct 13, 2011 9:46 PM

Jul 2009
codes said:
open it
got bored
generic as fuck
fucking awfull EP.
Shit characters
shit history
Will wait 2 more episodes to see if I drop it. . what a disappointed I expected a LOT from this. and at the end. is just another generic "trying to be serious" anime.

bahaha yes
Oct 13, 2011 9:47 PM
Sep 2009
codes said:
open it
got bored
generic as fuck
fucking awfull EP.
Shit characters
shit history

good, drop it. that will one less bitch in the forum.
Oct 13, 2011 9:49 PM

Apr 2011
While there are some definite Code Geass vibes (foreign power takes over Japan and oppresses people until a hero rises up to defeat them), it's not a straight rip-off by any means. The fact that it was a deadly disease that got Japan into the situation makes it even worse, because no matter what crime they commit they can claim they were simply 'purging the infected'. It wouldn't surprise me if they later reveal the bad guys actually created the disease in a lab, in order to take over Japan for nefarious purposes.

It does seem like reaching into girl's chests to pull stuff out seems the new 'it' thing these days. The main girl certainly does have an attractive set of cleavage to hide things in, I think the last couple 'reach into my chest' girls have all been DFC ...

Definitely met my high expectations. Glad it didn't turn out to be a disappointment, looking forward to the next two seasons :)
Oct 13, 2011 9:54 PM

Aug 2011
I REALLY hate the "socially inept, self-hating" protagonist trope. However, it seems he can show some balls when he needs to, so probably not all bad.

Inori is super hawt.

Gai is a badass.

I'm already looking forward to the BD release. Watching it in crap quality does it no justice.
Oct 13, 2011 9:58 PM

Nov 2008
"I'm such a downer"

"I wish I wasn't such a loser"

"I just wanna have some friends"

"Why does my life suck so much?"

:|
Oct 13, 2011 9:59 PM
Oct 2011
Although this is the first episode, it was pretty damnn good. so far i love it, one of the animes worth watching this season so far
Oct 13, 2011 10:02 PM

Sep 2009
What an awesome beginning! Love this kind of show, looking forward to watching more!
Oct 13, 2011 10:06 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome first episode; hopefully it can keep it going. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 13, 2011 10:09 PM

Dec 2009
It was good, but the episode just felt too fast paced, don't know why.
Still a good first ep though.
Oct 13, 2011 10:18 PM

Nov 2010
I'm only gonna continue watching this series for Gai. He's way too hot and badass!!! =3
Oct 13, 2011 10:28 PM

Mar 2011
Overall I love this one... Tsugumi, Gai, Inori, Shu

I already love their char.... Music is epic...graphics is above average

Yeah the story is somewhat generic....But man don't always expect a unique show(how many years since the 1st anime aired?)

What important is how well they delivered that "story"

Oct 13, 2011 10:29 PM

Dec 2010
That song in the beginning was a very nice way to start the show. Loved the vocals.

Lol when Shu turns back to look at Gai when the fight was over only to see Tsugumi. He thought he was trippin' balls lol.

Inori is absolutely gorgeous. Goddamn.

The part where Shu runs up to Inori was fucking weird though, when she had her chest open up it reminded me of Dalian in Dantalian no Shoka...but the music and flashback scenes right after it was fucking amazing.

The sword Shu pulled out from Inori was fucking sick as hell too. Chop Chop. The episode ended a bit abrupt after that but hey the ED music was nice.

Looking forward to next episode.

Oct 13, 2011 10:30 PM

Aug 2010
Amazing
Oct 13, 2011 10:55 PM

Jul 2009
Was an extremely solid start for a show. I liked pretty much everything but the main lead, but hes only crappy so there can be character development.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.