Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2008 7:33 AM

Jul 2008
I just watched this it was really touching at the end especially but I cant say I like it very much. Tomoyo + Tomoya idea is far for me dunno why. I'm not a Nagisa supporter or anything but Nagisa x Tomoya looks more couple than Tomoya x Tomoyo. Although Tomoyo is a very super good girl I cant match her with Tomoya. I think she is super far good for him. I've liked the tv series' end better much.

Well that was only an arc and these are my opinions ^^"
Aug 7, 2008 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
They could've easily made an entire at least 12 episode series out of her arc, though I must say, as short as it was it left quite the impact. Would be interesting if they did an OVA for one/more of the other girls.
Aug 7, 2008 12:34 PM

Dec 2007
To short for epicness :/ But still great 9/10. Ending song is priceless for me ^^
Aug 14, 2008 10:20 AM

Dec 2007
Finally got a chance to check this out. As I've come to expect from Clannad, it didn't disappoint. Tomoyo isn't my favorite among the girls, so I was a little skeptical at first, but it certainly changed my mind.

I'll always give a proper nod to any show that can enrapture me to the point that I'm yelling things at the screen. I have to admit that most of who I was yelling at was Tomoya...I understand what he was trying to do, but had I been Sunohara, I would have slapped him silly for it. Yeah, okay, he felt as though giving her up was best for her, and that's very selfless--but what about her? She needed to be the one to choose the path of her future, and when he essentially forced the break up on her, well....hey, I like the guy and I'm rooting for him, and maybe it's because he reminds me of the way I used to be back then. Feeling worthless just because I don't have lofty ambitions like everybody else, and then finding out later on that the people that love me? Well, they love me anyway, and still chose to be with me. What a statement this episode makes.

I really thought when he was walking through the snow at the end that since the credits had just rolled, they were just going to leave it at that. Seeing him crack was beautiful, and praise to Kyoani for not letting it end that way.

Well, we've covered Nagisa and Tomoyo...hopefully, they'll consider ending eps for the others. Doesn't look that way, but I'm holding out hope!
Aug 14, 2008 10:42 PM

Jan 2008
kimchipride said:
Why couldn't they have done Kyou's arc? There was so much drama during that arc. I can't imagine Kyou's arc being only one episode though.

Because Kyou never have an after story... only Tomoyo and Nagisa have one.
Aug 15, 2008 7:23 AM

Dec 2007
That's rather a shame. I would have liked to see one with Ryou, too, even though she wasn't one of the main characters.
Aug 15, 2008 6:06 PM

Jan 2008
Hazumu said:
That's rather a shame. I would have liked to see one with Ryou, too, even though she wasn't one of the main characters.

play the game if u want to know more about it...
Aug 16, 2008 12:10 PM

Dec 2007
Heh, that wasn't my point. I meant it would be nice to see other endings made into anime.
Aug 19, 2008 5:13 PM

Mar 2008
hah they should make a series for each route in the visual novel, thatd be satisfying. Anyways, a great OVA, liked it better than the series(since tomoyo > nagisa imo..), they captured the emotion that was in the visual novel very well. But deserves more than one EP, i dont think they could have made a whole season out of tomoyo's arc, but a movie would have been nice.

Aug 28, 2008 4:21 PM

Jun 2007
My thoughts (seen the anime series, of course, but never played the game or its sequels/variations):

1) Coming fresh from watching the ending of the main anime series itself, it was very weird at first to see Tomoya and Tomoyo being that intimate early on (after having gone through the emotions with Nagisa and Tomoya back in the main series), but I got over it eventually as the ep went.

2) It was a bit strange not to have any other characters, but I suppose that we needed as much time on Tomoyo as possible given the time restraints.

3) I was moved by the ending. Tomoya's love for Tomoyo (even willing to sacrifice love for her success and happiness) and Tomoyo's love for Tomoya (willing to sacrifice great success for love)... at the post-graduation scene, after Tomoyo said those words with such conviction, I could not see how Tomoya could refuse her any longer. That was a very properly paced scene, getting the feelings across without feeling dragged at all. Superbly done, and I felt it.

4) This ep actually made me value Tomoya x Nagisa more... it's not that I did not appreciate the trials and obstacles both Tomoyo and Tomoya had to overcome nor is it that I dislike Tomoyo or the pairing by any means. Throughout the ep., I ended up thinking about how much easier Tomoya had with Nagisa. While Nagisa had her own share of problems for Tomoya to deal with, nevertheless, Tomoya would never have to worry about being unable to see Nagisa for extended periods of time, keeping at least the "contact and presence" part of the relationship strong. An unambitious person like Tomoya and an ambitious person like Tomoyo have ALMOST incompatible lifestyles... it seemed Nagisa's lifestyle would present less obstacles.

5) Despite what I just said, Tomoya and Tomoyo's relationship was strong BECAUSE they were willing to sacrifice for each other out of love... the willingness of both parties to sacrifice for each other can make even people of contrasting personalities have a strong relationship. An important part of any relationship. I was moved.

That's it for now.

Aug 30, 2008 12:53 AM

Feb 2008
dgg said:
Good episode.

I felt it kinda jumped in to fast in the whole thing at the start, it was all so sudden, and then suddenly they break it down.

But It was sad, started crying when tomoyo cried at the end.
Only 2-3 tears though.

Should've been longer.

8/10

I feel exact the same way!!! It has to be a movie or at least 3-4 eps!!!
Aug 31, 2008 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
I'm not a great fan of the Tomoya and Tomoyo couple, but since this is a Clannad thing, I descided to give it a shot and I have to admit I really enjoyed it. Much drama, especially in the second half, which is a good thing mostly. A little negative point: It was all rushed. At the beginning of the episode, they were suddenly dating o.O and then they broke up and started dating again, all in 30 minutes. It would have been better if it were a movie or so, just like they made with Nagisa.

Short: I liked the drama, it al happened too fast. 8/10
Sep 1, 2008 9:04 AM
Sep 18, 2008 6:57 PM

Jan 2008
This was my favorite episode out of the entire Clannad series. Personally, I hate Nagisa therefore I hate the Tomoya and Nagisa couple. Whereas - Tomoyo and Tomoya are really cute together. It was nice to see how they both went through their own troubles and experienced so much turmoil in their relationship. Yet through it all - they got back together. The hug in the snow was beatiful~ Favorite moment :) And Sunohara was great ^_^

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Sep 20, 2008 9:58 AM

Feb 2008
In the past, I can't decide if my favorite would be Tomoyo or Kyou. Then, I've decided to feel more for Kyou.

But after watching this, I can't decide anymore!!!

This OVA is just too perfect for me. It made my night just great!

I can't complain anymore. Although, I would love to see before they began to see each other, but oh well. It's just too damn good.

Okei, that's it!!!

I'm waiting for the last one (AS), then I'll watch the movie.

--- I wish I can understand Japanese! I LOVE to play the game! Hope the translations are done... ^^ ---
Sep 22, 2008 8:42 PM

Aug 2008
I just love Tomoyo!
A Tomoyo+Tomoya relation is the 2nd best thing there is, after the original Nagisa+Tomoya version.
This was quite emotional to watch, too, but it had a very huppy ending though :3
Sep 30, 2008 1:03 AM
Mar 2008
Oh noess her crying face! That was really awesome though.
Sep 30, 2008 9:15 AM

Mar 2008
A wider sweet chapters of Clannad story!

It is also about real love!

I am anxious to Clannd after story
Oct 5, 2008 4:03 AM

Nov 2007
Stupid highschool kids.
Oct 5, 2008 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
how cute ! T_T i really loved this version <3
Oct 7, 2008 7:55 PM

Sep 2008
Wow. I really liked this alternate setting but well.. it was so depressing at the same time. I have a love hate relationship with these. They are so good and yet make me feel like crap at the same time. :(

I have to admit I liked this ending alot better than the tv series. It had much more emotions packed into it than nasaga could dish out.
Oct 8, 2008 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
It was a great OVA

Oct 11, 2008 11:39 PM

Jan 2008
Turbe said:
I have to admit I liked this ending alot better than the tv series. It had much more emotions packed into it than nasaga could dish out.

Oo, most definitely~
I felt like Nagisa didn't take the initiative and was too timid... =\

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Oct 15, 2008 3:18 PM

Sep 2007
completely and utterly wonderful.. jam packed with emotions and real love..
Last scene was really great..

Screw nagisa. Tomoyo x Tomoya FTW!

Oct 22, 2008 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
LOL I swear they just took the cover off of my avatar....

Next, Tomoyo After~ (one can only hope ;_; )
Oct 25, 2008 12:42 AM

Dec 2007
Some of the best scenes were:

They were just so emotional, I loved it.
Nov 2, 2008 4:56 PM

Sep 2008
If this was what an OVA should be, then most OVA's I've seen before wre complete crap compared to this.

Although, I was first expecting it to be a episode 24, 30 seconds in I figured out that this was a "recap", and then at the end, I realised that this has no ties to the original episodes.

Oh so confusing, but oh so good~
Nov 3, 2008 3:28 PM
May 2008
I'm glad they ended up back together and not just leaving it "Your too different therefore you can't be together".
Dead Account
Please Delete
Nov 13, 2008 10:42 PM

May 2008
hellz yeah!

wow, this was fantastic... the scene where the gates suddenly went up and the music changed sent shivers down... the left side of my body? guess that makes sense considering what the sides of the brain do, but its still kinda weird.

anyway, great episode... im playing the game now so guess i can save tomoyo's route for last. now for the afterstory...
Nov 22, 2008 2:03 PM
Oct 2007
This one episode was better than the series as a whole. I can't stand Nagisa

I loved it
Dec 3, 2008 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode. This studio is really great.
Dec 13, 2008 9:01 AM
Jul 2008
its really very nice!! very touching also at the ending T.T
Dec 13, 2008 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
Friendlysoul said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Its out, its out and i could not wait so i watched the raws...

Well, Japanese lessons are paying well, as i understood 85%+ :P
Barely able to hold my tears when i saw Tomoyo crying...

I'm also glad to see Sunohara again :P I liked that he was a support (a bit) for Tomoya.
I was shocked when Tomoya told Tomoyo to break up... Her reaction... Her denial..
I dont like it when Tomoya feels down like that, he is such a good lead that you feel the impact!!!

lol at Sunohara's new look... I thought i was actually looking like Tomoya for a second... (mirror comment was funny) :P

There you go Tomoya + Tomoyo fans!!! You got your ending!!!
Next is Clannad After Story for Nagisa ending, also known as
Nagisa's Ending ;(

Now i really have to play the game... Get the translation finished please!!!

Error: Clannad ~ Tomoyo Edition has not yet aired, which means you can only set it as plan to watch. - fail

OMG lol, i can see the future :P
Today is the 16th of July, GMT +2 for me.... what timezone is the server at? :P

Can you please tell me where I can watch it, cause it's so hard to find ><
Jan 15, 2009 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
Loved this episode, and after watching this I would rather it would have been Tomoyo and Tomoya in the main Clannad television series instead of Tomoya and Nagisa. Nagisa is so shy and most of their romantic moments are always shy and akward. The scene at the end was very well done. Awesome episode!

An easy 9/10.
Jan 20, 2009 4:02 PM

Jan 2008
It's pretty amazing how much they were able to pack in only one episode. I enjoyed this a lot.
Feb 3, 2009 4:27 PM

Jan 2008
Better than the main series. Bonus points for Tomoyo, the lack of Fuko infestation and Sunohara, negative points for that asshole with the glasses who stopped their kiss >=|.
Feb 15, 2009 10:37 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't really like it :p I'm a TomoyaxNagisa fan ^.^''
btw this guy with the glasses was really annoying >.<
Mar 19, 2009 9:56 AM

Jan 2009
Oh well, finished the original series a few hours ago, and then I watched the Tomoya chapter... And now I would seriously kill for a continuation of that storyline, instead of the ~After Story~ that I will soon start watching. :(
I can't really express myself very well about this, but the whole thing about Tomoya+Tomoyo felt so right :)
And also, would be pretty interesting to see what happens after that emotional and really .. how do I put this.. romantic scene :3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 23, 2009 5:56 PM

Sep 2007
This 1 episode was better than almost all of the 22 (plus extra) episodes of Clannad (except the Kotomi arc). I wasn't shipping any girl in particular during Clannad, but this definitely made me a Tomoyo x Tomoya shipper. Nagisa grated on my nerves in Clannad...so dependent on others, no strength of her own without support and the whole self-blame thing at the end...I wanted to smack her! Fuko was in a coma, Kotomi lost both her parents, Tomoyo's brother nearly dies...but poor Nagisa?? WTF? Sorry, had to vent. This is what Clannad should have been like for 23 episodes.
Mar 23, 2009 9:29 PM

Jan 2009
mad-fox said:
I didn't really like it :p I'm a TomoyaxNagisa fan ^.^''
btw this guy with the glasses was really annoying >.<

Agree :/ and I didn't really like it either since I'm a nagisa fan the I only thing i like that sunohara was in it...3/5
Apr 8, 2009 8:42 AM

Dec 2007
Well, I'm a TomoyaxNagisa fan aswell, but I loved this episode anyway :)
Apr 18, 2009 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
i just love the TomoyoxTomoya couple :3
Apr 28, 2009 8:42 PM

Mar 2009
this is one of the best episode of clannad.
i would have liked it more if this isn't just an alternate world.
i would like if tomoyo and tomoya were the real lovers.
but it's ok.
May 15, 2009 2:51 PM

Nov 2008
This felt rushed. Should've been 40 minutes at the very least.
But this really depressed me, though I'm glad things worked out good...ish at the end.

On the other hand, that council guy makes me RAAAAAGE!!! D=<
May 16, 2009 12:37 PM

May 2007
Where the hell is my kiss?

On a side note, 4.5/5 because Tomoyo is awesome.
May 25, 2009 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
DaBigD said:
THIS.

That was a letdown :( one 25-min ep is too short. Nonetheless I still felt the drama there. Didn't cry like I hoped I would though. Still a fan of Tomoya x Nagisa.
Jun 16, 2009 4:19 PM

Apr 2008
Beauuuutiful.
:)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2009 4:28 PM

Mar 2009
This ova was very touching, it is better than the first season, but it doesnt beat the second. And to be honest, i cried in the end :P

!Damn, im HOT today! :D!
Jun 18, 2009 3:07 PM
Apr 2009
By far the best part of Clannad.
It's such a shame it was only one episode.
I really loved it.
Jun 19, 2009 12:46 PM

Nov 2008
DaBigD said:

You're right, that was the only thing I missed in this OVA..

But it was a beautiful episode, TomoyoxTomoya ftw. <3
Really liked the end.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Clannad Visual Novel - Tomoyo After ~ It's a wonderful Life

SHUVO - Jul 16, 2014

3 by os172 »»
Feb 20, 2022 10:26 AM

» is it in a different world

veeny9 - Jul 8, 2021

9 by chiisanatenohira »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:49 PM

» Youhei Sunohara's spinoff with Tomoyo sakagami

mr_lucifer19_ - Feb 18, 2021

1 by RandomGuyScott »»
Feb 18, 2021 5:50 AM

» Dreams Do Come True

Faust721 - Mar 31, 2008

27 by TheNamelessGuy »»
Aug 6, 2020 7:41 AM

» Clannad Tomoyo Edition OVA - Trailer ( 1 2 )

Nozila - Jun 6, 2008

92 by jazmin_s »»
Sep 18, 2008 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.