Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2011 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All of the idols are at some sports festival. The idols do all the usual sports activities. Azusa gets a lot of attention in her race and Iori and Makoto fight. A group of 3 other idols start using dirty tactics to try to win the races. Yayoi wears a giant pink afro for her race, which was pretty funny, but she gets tripped and loses.

Brief concert of Jupiter, they play a few seconds of Alice or Guilty.

And then, THE DS CHARACTERS SHOWED UP. Everyone has been waiting for this. Ai, Ryo, and Eri in the anime. No songs or anything, but it's great to see them in the anime finally, I hope they show up a lot more later, too. The character designs for them seem a little off to me, with the hair, but I'll probably get used to it. Also, Ryo has a big secret, I wonder if any of the new fans have caught onto it yet. ;D

Later, Yayoi starts to feel bad and cries, which is heartbreaking. Seeing Yayoi sad is not good. Also used the piano version of THE iDOLM@STER at that moment too.

For the final relay race, like all the idols are involved. Hibiki runs super fast, and I was surprised that Haruka didn't trip. Yayoi starts to give up half way, but Iori gets her to continue running and pass to her, which she then makes it to Makoto, and Makoto goes into overdrive mode (even with her hurt leg) and makes it 1st place, which wins it for 765. The insert song during it was LOBM.

The ED is GO MY WAY, everyone has been waiting for this song. I'm a little disappointed they didn't give it full treatment, with a giant dance, or something. It's the most popular song, so it's kind of weird to just put it into one ED randomly. Maybe they will use it on stage later though, I'm still holding out hope. The ED also included the DS characters, which might mean that they'll be used more than just a small cameo.

Not sure what the next episode will be about, but it showed Ryuuguu Komachi in their outfits, so maybe more songs?
OustoSep 8, 2011 10:28 AM
Sep 8, 2011 11:03 AM

Nov 2008
Jupiter and the Dearly Star's crew appear with "Go My Way" as the end theme so epic. Hopefully we'll see more of Eri, Ai, and Ryo

The contest was excellent, Hibiki's super speed made the series and Makoto despite in pain ended up finishing for the win for 765. Azusa's boob bouncing and that eating was full of lolz.

The cheer segment was nice, Haruka's tripping made even more fun to see and Hibiki looks and performs great as a cheerleader.

Nice group pic with Yayoi holding the trophy.

Sep 8, 2011 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
nice and funny ep as ever. This time it was a makoto themed one(?)
And laughed at appearance of jupiter and Dearly star.
Sep 8, 2011 12:50 PM

Dec 2010
shuncchi said:
nice and funny ep as ever. This time it was a makoto themed one(?)
And laughed at appearance of jupiter and Dearly star.

I believe it was an all-star episode, because this weeks ending didn't focus on Makoto alone. Instead it focused on all the idols.

Liked this episode, but I really don't like Ryuuguu Komachi. I have nothing against the characters in it, but I feel like the other characters should get some spotlight too. Jupiter seems ok. I liked Alice or Guilty.

Seems like next week is going to involve Ryuuguu Komachi again.
RainbowMagnetSep 8, 2011 1:31 PM
Sep 8, 2011 4:05 PM

Feb 2008
Well this episode was great, but feel so sad again for Yayoi don't bullied her :( Isn't it just me but I love Yayoi when she smile :D

Thanks to Yayoi cheering Makoto turn Overdrive MODE lol.
But I still think they would have better chance of winning if Makoto didn't hurt her legs. Well, for that reason Lori and Makoto become better friends.

I love the songs in the ending too.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 8, 2011 8:57 PM

Apr 2011
Did no expect the girls from Dearly Stars to appear. Those three biatches bully Yayoi! How dare they!?

Hibiki running like a rocket was epic! This episode was fun. Waiting for subs to come out
Sep 9, 2011 5:11 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was certainly fun.
Sep 9, 2011 6:40 AM

Apr 2011
Nice to see Yukiho isn't afraiid of men anymore...at least to Producer-san that is.

This episode would be twice more fun if the girls performed 'Go my way' after the festival and through the ending credits. Oh well...
MagitoSep 9, 2011 6:48 AM
Sep 9, 2011 7:45 AM

Jun 2009
I was definitely happy to see Jupiter in it. Ahhh, Shouta, my love.... <33

Can't wait til the next episode. ^^

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Sep 9, 2011 10:38 AM

Aug 2010
I find it funny how I couldn't say what I like about this anime. Neither the visuals, nor the audio part, and neither the story is great imho, but I still end up enjoying every episode. Beats me how that works.

It was pleasant to see Iori act in a nice way, and I had a good laugh with the Makoto crush. 4/5.

During the OP I also thought that it would be nice if in the finale we could see them performing the opening. Something like in Lucky Star.
Sep 9, 2011 11:50 AM

Aug 2011
great, great, great episode!!
Loved the ending song, and makato sure can run!!!
the preview said to do excercise while watching anime...... i might try that....
Sep 9, 2011 12:11 PM

Jul 2010
Very good episode... i love all competition setting and how everyone fight till end except Iori. i don't like her attitude since beginning. even though she did try to redeem herself in the end.

Makoto is the star of this episode. i liked how girl from Shinkan Shoujo fall for her in just few seconds. xD
Sep 9, 2011 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
That was a pretty exciting episode. Loved seeing the completion between the agencies. The attitude of that other idol agency was so irritating though. Acting all high and mighty like no other (smaller) agency could touch them. And Makoto was MVP for sure! =)

Sep 9, 2011 5:06 PM

Apr 2011
I know this can be a stupid question ,but what does allstars mean?
Sep 9, 2011 5:25 PM

Jul 2010
Magito said:
I know this can be a stupid question ,but what does allstars mean?

Made up wholly of star performers, consisting of star performers
Sep 9, 2011 6:20 PM

Jun 2008
This episode just proved as one of the best anime adaption. they know what the fans wanted and they give it out.

I DID NOT expect 876 Pro girls to be in this episode. and finally I get to see Chief Kuroi's Back.. .lololol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 9, 2011 6:24 PM

Nov 2009
Very fun episode. Not sure why, but a little sporting and competition always gets me pumped, especially with some BGM.
Sep 9, 2011 6:48 PM

Sep 2008
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, it's Jupiter! <3
Fucking forehead bitch ruining Makoto's knee though. >=[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2011 6:59 PM

Jul 2009
Makoto's handsomeness strikes again. Totally did not expect HanaKana's voice in IDOLM@STER...

P.S. Happy birthday Kotori! She's the only one so far to have a birthday on the day an episode airs.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 9, 2011 7:05 PM

Jun 2008
arsonal said:
Totally did not expect HanaKana's voice in IDOLM@STER...]

It's more like, I didn't expect Eri Mizutani and her other 876 Pro. friends to actually appear in this whole anime.

She's from the NDS game Idolmaster Dearly Stars. The setting of the game is a bit a head of IM@S 2, since most of the 765 idols are already famous. that's why it was unexpected since the 876 Idols appeared before 765 girls got famous.

Sep 9, 2011 7:28 PM

Jul 2010
arsonal said:
Happy birthday Kotori! She's the only one so far to have a birthday on the day an episode airs.

She didn't even get chance to join that sports festival on her birthday. i almost feel sorry for her. Though she's lucky to get it on episode airs date. at-least official website announced it and make her a bit popular.
Sep 9, 2011 7:46 PM

Jun 2009
I bet Shinkan Shojo are SNSD or Shojo Jidai parody...
well, both of them have similarity, Annoying!
and what's the point to show disgusting male idols now...
at least, please make an anime that actually for fanboys free from Fujoshi shitty thing!
IZUMI64Sep 9, 2011 7:58 PM
Sep 9, 2011 7:53 PM

Apr 2011
kaimax said:
arsonal said:
Totally did not expect HanaKana's voice in IDOLM@STER...]

It's more like, I didn't expect Eri Mizutani and her other 876 Pro. friends to actually appear in this whole anime.

She's from the NDS game Idolmaster Dearly Stars. The setting of the game is a bit a head of IM@S 2, since most of the 765 idols are already famous. that's why it was unexpected since the 876 Idols appeared before 765 girls got famous.

Oh? I though the girls where already famous.
Sep 9, 2011 9:55 PM

Jun 2008
Magito said:

Only Ryuuguu Komachi, the rest is just "not famous" now

in the NDS games Dearly Stars
-Haruka Became a Special judge in one of the test that Ai Hidaka took. (the brunnete girl)
- Chihaya is the most famous out of all the 765 idols combined, going as far as considering her talent to be the most "revolutionary" in all of mankind, having her popularity reach worldwide. However this fact is only true in the NDS game
-Yayoi is known to have monstrous stamina and is able to dance on stage for hours without taking a single break.
-Makoto only trains and practice lessons late at night, believing that during the day the amount of fans chasing after her will break her concentration.

Sep 9, 2011 10:51 PM
Dec 2007
IZUMI64 said:
I bet Shinkan Shojo are SNSD or Shojo Jidai parody...
well, both of them have similarity, Annoying!
and what's the point to show disgusting male idols now...
at least, please make an anime that actually for fanboys free from Fujoshi shitty thing!
Oh, so you admit you are only seeking fanservice and hot 2d girls. Creep.

Sep 10, 2011 1:04 AM

Apr 2011
kaimax said:
Magito said:

Only Ryuuguu Komachi, the rest is just "not famous" now

in the NDS games Dearly Stars
-Haruka Became a Special judge in one of the test that Ai Hidaka took. (the brunnete girl)
- Chihaya is the most famous out of all the 765 idols combined, going as far as considering her talent to be the most "revolutionary" in all of mankind, having her popularity reach worldwide. However this fact is only true in the NDS game
-Yayoi is known to have monstrous stamina and is able to dance on stage for hours without taking a single break.
-Makoto only trains and practice lessons late at night, believing that during the day the amount of fans chasing after her will break her concentration.

Oh...so it means the anime doesn't follow the timeline on Dearly Stars. Well, that's ok since there's no storyline to follow.

I forgot to mention that Azusa was hilarious during the bread-eating race. I kept repeating the same scene again and again on that part. We also finally see Jupiter's president as well.

I hope we the girls get famous later in the series.
Sep 10, 2011 7:30 AM

May 2010
Interesting all different idol Co competing and they even revealed the Jupiter lol !!
Sep 10, 2011 8:15 AM

Jul 2009
The 876 Pro girls, GO MY WAY!! and TOUMA BEING TSUNDERE. All in the same episode. I'm in heaven.

Also, perhaps in the next episode we'll see
. I need the whole concert of Alice or Guilty. Or Koi wo Hajimeyou, I don't care.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2011 11:17 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome, Jupiter strikes again. I hope we get to see more of them.
Sep 10, 2011 12:14 PM

Jul 2011
Loved this episode :D
Sep 10, 2011 4:59 PM

Dec 2009
That was a cool episode, i really enjoyed. <3
And that Jupiter is really something. 8D
Sep 10, 2011 7:06 PM

Apr 2010
Lol anyone else notice the 360 sitting off to the side near the end of the episode?

Sep 10, 2011 9:31 PM
May 2011
I feel bad for Otonashi being left behind all the time xD. But...more importantly where is my Takane episode D;?

btw...everyone who's Jupiter? I know they are the 3 boys the they showed in this episode but do they really exist?
ban1o.jpg
Sep 10, 2011 9:39 PM

Jul 2009
RyuKirin said:
btw...everyone who's Jupiter? I know they are the 3 boys the they showed in this episode but do they really exist?

They're idols from the rival company 961 Production. They are new additions in THE iDOLM@STER 2 game. The 961 producer began working with them because his previous idols, Hibiki and Takane, moved to 765 Production.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 11, 2011 1:12 AM

Sep 2011
I think that was the best ep for me so far.
And Jupiter, awesomeee <3 I want to see more from them.
Sep 11, 2011 3:18 AM

Apr 2011
I love the part where onf the Shinkan Shoujo girls(forgot her name) suddently
fall in love with Makoto and hand out her handkerchief awakening her lesbian side in the process.

Makoto is kickass this episode. Despite her injury she won the last relay race. She's really getting a lot girls too! Now I know why she got lots of female fans than male fans.
Sep 11, 2011 7:54 AM

Apr 2011
Watch as the otaku rage over seeing Jupiter.
Also, I love this anime, but dear god, it's beginning to have meguca quality.
The animation is just..arghhh.
Sep 11, 2011 12:25 PM

Oct 2009
Kaeyuki said:

The animation did slip a bit in this episode (they're likely cutting costs on a few episodes because they're planning a big expensive dance sequence or something soon), but it's not QUALITY.
Sep 11, 2011 2:30 PM

Oct 2007
I've never heard "Go My Way" before, but now it has become my favorite song.
Sep 11, 2011 2:48 PM
Oct 2007
Ousto said:
Kaeyuki said:

The animation did slip a bit in this episode (they're likely cutting costs on a few episodes because they're planning a big expensive dance sequence or something soon), but it's not QUALITY.

The producer did say that episode 13, aka: the "climax" of the first half, is going to have incredible animation and feature a big dancing sequence: http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51287717.html
Sep 11, 2011 8:42 PM

Apr 2010
I am so happy that this anime is going for 25 Episodes. I loved this episode, and when I heard Kana Hanazawa my eyes went O_O. I loved hearing her voice only if it was for a few times.
Sep 11, 2011 10:42 PM

Jan 2010

Now if only they used the superior version for the ED.
Ok™
Sep 12, 2011 7:26 AM

Oct 2010
EPIC episode! Glorious it was with a variation so immense that I was truly impressed. For one in the following,

THEY WON! Yeah! 765 Pro Won in the spoiler
I swear I jumped out of my seat and yelled out! It was wild!

Liked 876 Productions as follows,

problem is not much I could find out about them except their names:
Ai Hidaka (extreme right)
Eri Mizutani (middle)
Ryo Akizuki (extreme left)

which are interesting to know.
However I like Eri Mizutani the most in the middle and Ai has big breasts, with her name implying love I kind of understand now. That does not look good not as much as on Azusa. More later but for now ED pictures in the spoiler
will add that totally loved the one 876 Productions.

Am totally charmed by Tsubame from Shinkan Shoujo in the spoiler
like her the most and she adorable. More later to add. Depends on time.

BTW Image Stitches are done in the spoiler
nice ones of 876 Productions and Miki/Makoto/Iori.

2 GIFs of Azusa's breast bouncing in the spoilerwith the bigger one being a link only. Now that was some ecchi alright.
Yumekichi11Sep 12, 2011 6:47 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 12, 2011 9:41 AM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Ai Hidaka,
Eri Mizutani
Ryo Akizuki

However I like Ai the most in the middle and Ryo has big breasts. That does not look good not as much as on Azusa.

I think you have some names mixed up.

From left to right: Ryo Akizuki, Eri Mizutani and Ai Hidaka
Sep 12, 2011 12:37 PM

Oct 2010
RainbowMagnet said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Ai Hidaka,
Eri Mizutani
Ryo Akizuki

However I like Ai the most in the middle and Ryo has big breasts. That does not look good not as much as on Azusa.

I think you have some names mixed up.

From left to right: Ryo Akizuki, Eri Mizutani and Ai Hidaka
Really? ROFL, I must have been way too tired. Is that the right order?

Sep 12, 2011 1:27 PM

Sep 2010
Did anyone get the joke at 6:00 when the journalist introduced "Shinkan-shoujo Tsubame-chan"? The group is named after the bullet trains, but the funniest part is that 'Tsubame' is actually one of the shinkansen services running in Japan. The second girl is named 'Hikari', and the third one 'Nozomi' (the girl who likes Makoto), both also names of shinkansen services. Pretty funny, isn't it?

I was also waiting eagerly for yuri, and yes, here it is. Arigatou gozaimashita, producer-san.
I'm actually curious about what connection those 876 Pro girls have with 765 Pro.

The heck, I just noticed there are only about 6500 people on MAL watching this show. That's really a little. Even Mayo Chiki has 12,000 watching people. There are also not many forum posts. I completely don't understand what the reason behind this is??
ObinderuSep 12, 2011 1:35 PM
Sep 12, 2011 1:58 PM

Oct 2010
Ovindel said:
Did anyone get the joke at 6:00 when the journalist introduced "Shinkan-shoujo Tsubame-chan"? The group is named after the bullet trains, but the funniest part is that 'Tsubame' is actually one of the shinkansen services running in Japan. The second girl is named 'Hikari', and the third one 'Nozomi' (the girl who likes Makoto), both also names of shinkansen services. Pretty funny, isn't it?
Oh so that was the pun. BTW I really want to say this but Hikari was being a total bitch towards Yayoi in telling her of being a burden. I really hate her for that one.

Yayoi crying was not pleasant to watch to say the least. I was just happy she was happy at the end. She needs to learn to say GTFO to girls like Hikari but knowing Yayoi she is too sweet of a pie to lose any of that sweetness if you get what I am saying.

Sep 12, 2011 2:10 PM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Ovindel said:
Oh so that was the pun. BTW I really want to say this but Hikari was being a total bitch towards Yayoi in telling her of being a burden. I really hate her for that one.

Yayoi crying was not pleasant to watch to say the least. I was just happy she was happy at the end. She needs to learn to say GTFO to girls like Hikari but knowing Yayoi she is too sweet of a pie to lose any of that sweetness if you get what I am saying.

Yep. I totally agree with you that Hikari was being a bitch. But there had to be some kind of 'drama' in this show. Only watching girls doing funny stuff and singing is also nice to watch, but everything seems too unreal that way. Especially when we're talking about twelve teenage girls, it's impossible for everything to go as they want to. They could've chosen another girl too instead of Yayoi, but this way more people will have have a pity with her, I think.
Sep 12, 2011 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
Ovindel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Ovindel said:

Yep. I totally agree with you that Hikari was being a bitch. But there had to be some kind of 'drama' in this show. Only watching girls doing funny stuff and singing is also nice to watch, but everything seems too unreal that way. Especially when we're talking about twelve teenage girls, it's impossible for everything to go as they want to. They could've chosen another girl too instead of Yayoi, but this way more people will have have a pity with her, I think.
Yayoi is #1 on the pity list followed by her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/6169/Yukiho_Hagiwara
which there is more drama to come.

I don't know why but Ryuuguu Komachi is starting to irritate me. Not the people but the group's existence itself. It intimidates into rooting more for the girls of that group than a team. Am I the only one that is affected like that? It really is making me feel bad the other girls are not present and now that Miki mentions she wants to join Ryuuguu Komachi it gets me more on the nerves. Who is next Hibiki joiing Ryuuguu Komachi? Oh come on, that mentality is driving me nuts. I really want to express that Idolmaster should stay as a group and start by not being Ryuuguu Komachi and x other groups at all in fact. Finally I wonder who feels that way too.

Sep 12, 2011 2:38 PM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Yayoi is #1 on the pity list followed by her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/6169/Yukiho_Hagiwara
which there is more drama to come.

I don't know why but Ryuuguu Komachi is starting to irritate me. Not the people but the group's existence itself. It intimidates into rooting more for the girls of that group than a team. Am I the only one that is affected like that? It really is making me feel bad the other girls are not present and now that Miki mentions she wants to join Ryuuguu Komachi it gets me more on the nerves. Who is next Hibiki joiing Ryuuguu Komachi? Oh come on, that mentality is driving me nuts. I really want to express that Idolmaster should stay as a group and start by not being Ryuuguu Komachi and x other groups at all in fact. Finally I wonder who feels that way too.

I also think so, it's as if those three are superior. I think that's (one of) the sources of the coming drama.
Where's my Chihaya by the way? Everything she appears, I can't see her face, and when she does, it's only for a few seconds. I want more, moar I say.

But seriously, I don't think it's possible to fit a whole story in just the 15 episodes remaining. After building up this slowly, and it feels as if it's completely built up after maybe another 6/7 episodes or so, there is not much time left to elaborately explain everything in details if they keep going on this pace. I don't like changing of pace; I think a show must have the same pace the whole series. I'm just very curious how this will continue, but we'll see in the coming months!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.