Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2008 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I didn't really understand how Suigintou got her Rosa Mystica though. Through a dream world? And I still don't know who that rabbit man is >_>
Aug 19, 2008 1:58 AM

Jul 2008
An enjoyable OVA. It is nice to have more background information on Suigintou.
Sep 21, 2008 4:06 PM

Aug 2008
blackfeather_58 said:
An enjoyable OVA. It is nice to have more background information on Suigintou.

But it's sad on how shinku and suigintou lost faith/love within each other
.....I'M NOT A PERFECT GIRL.....
Sep 30, 2008 7:06 AM

Aug 2008
An excellent transistion for Träumend. I liked! :D
Oct 10, 2008 10:29 PM

Aug 2008
This episode made me love Suigintou so much :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 10, 2009 2:24 PM

Feb 2008
a 1 time shinku was a bit%h, thats what i learned from this ova
Mar 18, 2009 10:18 PM

Sep 2008
I really wish Suigintou & Shinku were still friends, but where would the plot go? Shinku was so cute when Suigintou was threatening her brouch<3
Apr 1, 2009 1:37 PM

Mar 2009
Wow... That is story of Suigintou sign up the Alice Game. hehe.
Aug 16, 2009 2:52 AM

Jun 2009
Suigintou's a psycho...

Shinku treated her nicely, only to get her brooch shattered by Suigintou... Shinku did nothing wrong, Suigintou over-reacted.

enjoyable indeed. More Rozen Maiden is always welcome... I hope there's more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2009 4:20 PM

Aug 2008
AirStyles said:

Shinku treated her nicely, only to get her brooch shattered by Suigintou... Shinku did nothing wrong, Suigintou over-reacted.

I hope you were right, but, Shinku was wrong, she was nice to Suigintou until she meanly spit the truth on her.

Now understand what Suigintou meant in Träumend when she said: "You hurt me, Shinku".

I hope there's more of Rozen Maiden too,
Feb 20, 2010 5:42 AM

Jun 2009
SweetMonia said:
AirStyles said:

I hope you were right, but, Shinku was wrong, she was nice to Suigintou until she meanly spit the truth on her.

Now understand what Suigintou meant in Träumend when she said: "You hurt me, Shinku".

well, exactly as Shinku stated.

"What am I suppose to tell her? You're not a child that father loved?"

Suigintou, is an incomplete doll, an abandoned work, and like Shinku said, the only reason she's moving without Rosa Mystica is because of her deep love for Rozen.

Shinku is only at fault for not telling her the harsh truth, she is not one of them. She offered her hand to Suigintou, a "junk", literally, that shouldn't even be moving around. Trying to give her a life. Though one can see Shinku feeling guilty of not telling through out the OVA. Her intention is not bad like Suigintou stated.

just a reference...

Hope, is it good to have hope? Or is hope the ultimate evil? Have faith, and hope is what everyone believe they need during tough times. Now, think Pandora's box(Ancient greek mythology, a box that contain all the evil in the world, the deepest, the most evil of evil in the box is hope. Why is Hope a bad thing? Because hope and faith can prolong a man's suffering. Without hope, the sufferer could easily take the easy way out and quit. less torturing life.

Shinku provide false hope to Suigintou, thus gave her reason to keep moving forward, from a common perspective, it is the correct thing to do. But if one is to see it with Pandora's Box's logic, Shinku is doing the most horrible thing to Suigintou by providing false hope.

the way I see it, if Suigintou is told the truth, she will be in despair till the day she stopped moving. She can only move so long without a Rosa Mystica. By providing hope to Suigintou, she might find another purpose to live on, and probably find happiness as Sara's doll.

I'd do the same thing if I am in Shinku's shoes. As much as Suigintou loved Rozen, when it comes right down to it, she's just a pitiful doll that is not completed, that is the harsh truth, and Shinku knows it.

Shinku and Suigintou's trust and love is not ruined by Shinku, it is the result of a sad chains of events.

no one is at fault, Shinku's too kind for her own good, Suigintou's too obsess for her own good, and Rozen... Something about him abandoning Suigintou then take her back after being moved by her love or whatnot.

I can't really criticise Rozen, because, if I were Rozen, I'd provide Suigintou a Rosa Mystica too.
AirStylesFeb 20, 2010 6:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2010 1:52 AM

May 2009
guyklc said:
This episode made me love Suigintou so much :)

me too, she is my favorite character in this series.
Jun 4, 2010 2:03 PM
Sep 3, 2010 8:26 AM

Jul 2010
Poor Suigintou. This is a great episode. I love the past between these two. It's a shame that the Alice Game ended right there. I would love to see the fight continue. Though, Enju and Laplace still remain a mystery. Are they just as eternal as the Rozen Maidens? Looks like I'll have to read the manga..
Oct 10, 2010 2:38 AM

Sep 2010
Until watching this, I never understood why Suigintou was so popular. She just seemed like a bit of a crazy bitch that wanted to kill everyone, but she did have the best dress.

This OVA really did make me feel sorry for her. I found it better than Rozen Maiden and Traumend.
PerfectHorrorOct 10, 2010 2:42 AM

Oct 26, 2010 8:07 AM
Jul 2010
I loved this OVA. It surprised me. It was better than both seasons. It made me like Suigintou and Shinku a lot more. Why did it make me like Shinku? Because of how much she changed since that time. The one time in Traumend when Shinku apologized for calling Suigintou junk... I had loved that scene but now it has even more impact. Specially comparing to how arrogant she was at the time of this OVA.

Oh, and Souseiseki got some screen time! And it was really good. I loved how she used the hat when fighting Shinku. Amazing.

FallenAngel2 said:

But it's sad on how shinku and suigintou lost faith/love within each other

You know, I think that the problem with them was leaving such a delicate subject unresolved for so long. Suigintou broke Shiku's brooch and Shinku called her junk. Then their fight over that got interrupted by the "creepy rabbit" (Laplace) and the hatred that they had was left to grow all that time (especially Suigintou's).

Well, what more can I say. I'm only disappointed with one thing: no more info on Laplace. When he showed up I thought I would finally understand who/what the hell he is and what's his job concerning the Alice Game. But no, this OVA didn't explain that.

The opening and ending songs were much better than both seasons'. Especially the ending which I loved.
Nov 10, 2010 11:04 PM

Feb 2010
I don't know what's the deal with suigintou why people like her a lot. Is it her story, looks, what exactly is it? 0.o

Now I've watched all the RM , wth is with the rabbit guy seriously?
Jan 16, 2011 3:53 AM

Mar 2009
MelbShaw said:
I don't know what's the deal with suigintou why people like her a lot. Is it her story, looks, what exactly is it? 0.o

Yeah, I don't get it either. I think it's most likely due to her having a "sad" sort of past.
Jun 16, 2011 12:19 PM

Feb 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
MelbShaw said:

Yeah, I don't get it either. I think it's most likely due to her having a "sad" sort of past.

Well, she is beautifull, strong, yet tragic. And otherworldly.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 22, 2012 6:26 PM

Feb 2012
So Shinku and Suigintou each have strong reasons for their mutual hatred of one another. Ouverture shines a different light on season 2 and even more on season 1 -- I feel as though these two episodes should've had a place in the main series, in lieu of two of the filler episodes.
Aug 25, 2012 7:38 AM

Aug 2010
i liked the ova it was nice to see Suigintous past and her relationship to Shinku...
i still don't get who's teh Rabbit exactly isn't he an ally of Enju?....and how come Enju never aged since the 19th century o.O...
also we didn't get to know the real 7th doll i was hoping we could see her in the ova....

and i don't understand why Rozen loved Shinku more than the others he treated her differently and gave her the brooch with his symbol....
Jun 21, 2013 2:05 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
That rabbit doesn't seem to serve a purpose......at all. And it seems more like Suigintou just took what Shinku said about her and twisted it. So their feud is because of one big misunderstanding. I mean, Shinku was nice enough to to teach Suigintou to walk, and she wanted her to stay with Sarah and be happy.

It was good, I definitely enjoyed it more than the first season.

7/10
Jul 9, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
7.5/10
Explains a lot.
Jul 22, 2013 8:32 AM

Jul 2013
Like what most people have stated before me, Shinku had good intentions for Suigintou(even wanted to set her up with Sara and live a happy life) and yet cannot comprehend that Suigintou can also be a Rozen Maiden just because she was incomplete. What was that saying? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. That is definitely the case with Shinku it was Shinku's tender-heartedness or is it more so that she really pitied Suigintou? Maybe both. Regardless despite all the help that Shinku gave to Suigintou because Shinku cannot get the idea that Suigintou is also a Rozen Maiden through her thick plastic head and Suigintou's over-reaction exacerbated the misunderstanding even further to a deep-seated hatred for one another.

How Shinku sees Suigintou before the misunderstanding= Oh a Rozen maiden but she's incomplete therefore means she is really not a Rozen maiden and does not meet the criteria to become Alice. Oh I know, I should just let her be Sara's doll so she can live a happy life regardless that she is incomplete. It's for the best. I am such a good Rozen Maiden...

How Suigintou sees Shinku=Where's father? Oh a doll. She's so nice to me, helping me learn alot on how to walk and make tea. Shinku, why are you fighting?! Huh? *gets sliced in half by Souseiseki* Shinku, help me!(maybe if Shinku decided to make an attempt at helping her at that pivotal moment might have changed things for the better, nope she just watches) Father? Hey Shinku, Father gave me my Rosa Mystica, see I am a Rozen maiden!!! What? You still think I'm not?! Why you!!!Just because you're complete and was well taken cared of doesn't make you any better than me *destroys Shinku's brooch* What???!!! *goes batsh*t insane after being called "junk" by Shinku*

Now that I think of it, Shinku in a sense is an elitist while Suigintou feels betrayed that Shinku could not bring herself to say to her that she is not good enough to be a Rozen maiden and instead gives her false hope which makes the situation better briefly and then gets a whole lot worse later on.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Aug 1, 2013 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
That's all I also did not suffice.
Nov 30, 2013 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Yes, definitely these OVA Han made ​​it clear what we were wondering for a long time. Now you can appreciate even more the work. The line between good and evil, becomes more subtle and it's hard to tell who is who! * _ *

AirStyles said:
SweetMonia said:
AirStyles said:

well, exactly as Shinku stated.

"What am I suppose to tell her? You're not a child that father loved?"

Suigintou, is an incomplete doll, an abandoned work, and like Shinku said, the only reason she's moving without Rosa Mystica is because of her deep love for Rozen.

Shinku is only at fault for not telling her the harsh truth, she is not one of them. She offered her hand to Suigintou, a "junk", literally, that shouldn't even be moving around. Trying to give her a life. Though one can see Shinku feeling guilty of not telling through out the OVA. Her intention is not bad like Suigintou stated.

just a reference...

Hope, is it good to have hope? Or is hope the ultimate evil? Have faith, and hope is what everyone believe they need during tough times. Now, think Pandora's box(Ancient greek mythology, a box that contain all the evil in the world, the deepest, the most evil of evil in the box is hope. Why is Hope a bad thing? Because hope and faith can prolong a man's suffering. Without hope, the sufferer could easily take the easy way out and quit. less torturing life.

Shinku provide false hope to Suigintou, thus gave her reason to keep moving forward, from a common perspective, it is the correct thing to do. But if one is to see it with Pandora's Box's logic, Shinku is doing the most horrible thing to Suigintou by providing false hope.

the way I see it, if Suigintou is told the truth, she will be in despair till the day she stopped moving. She can only move so long without a Rosa Mystica. By providing hope to Suigintou, she might find another purpose to live on, and probably find happiness as Sara's doll.

I'd do the same thing if I am in Shinku's shoes. As much as Suigintou loved Rozen, when it comes right down to it, she's just a pitiful doll that is not completed, that is the harsh truth, and Shinku knows it.

Shinku and Suigintou's trust and love is not ruined by Shinku, it is the result of a sad chains of events.

no one is at fault, Shinku's too kind for her own good, Suigintou's too obsess for her own good, and Rozen... Something about him abandoning Suigintou then take her back after being moved by her love or whatnot.

I can't really criticise Rozen, because, if I were Rozen, I'd provide Suigintou a Rosa Mystica too.

I really appreciate your input! :)

However, I remain convinced that we should mitigate the idea of ​​hope, try to give a remote possibility but not an absolute arbitrary advice, but is often lacking in eloquence dialogues and create additional problems.

Hakuromatsu said:
So Shinku and Suigintou each have strong reasons for their mutual hatred of one another. Ouverture shines a different light on season 2 and even more on season 1 -- I feel as though these two episodes should've had a place in the main series, in lieu of two of the filler episodes.

Your idea is not bad, I also would have seen by far one other set of OVA that were describing in addition to those already mentioned in Overture also other obscure points that are not mentioned, but nonetheless positioned in between the first and second season.
May 9, 2014 4:20 AM

Jul 2012
I hate shiku she's soooo stuck up, she lies to Suigintou, she lets her die, and she looks down on her.

Suigintou has done nothing to shiku she sees her as a friend and she loved her and look what shiku does to her.

Sorry but shiku is in the wrong here..........hell she didn't like fact the she was the first doll. I'm totally on suigintous side here.
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Oct 9, 2014 12:54 AM

Feb 2013
So there are seven dolls. Wow, we get to see how Suigintou came to be and her journey to how she became what she is now. Also why Shinku and Suigintou hate each other. Great episode!
Apr 30, 2015 9:39 PM

Jul 2008
Learning that this wasn't canon was really disappointing.
Jul 20, 2015 7:56 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah, so after seeing how Shinku treated Suigintou when they first met, I can totally see why Suigintou hates her. It was only natural that Shinku didn't believe Suigintou to be a Rozen Maiden doll because she had no Rosa Mystica. Since this is what she believed, I can see how Shinku's actions were in hopes of making Suigintou's life as best as possible, but I can also see how Suigintou took these actions to be condescending as well.

Overall I'd give this an 8/10. Solid plot, explained a lot to give relevent background information for the story. I liked the action too! :D

Although why was this era's Alice Game over when they showed nothing about Hina Ichigo, Kanaria, and the 7th doll?
Mar 6, 2016 9:17 PM

Jan 2014
Noodle070 said:
Yeah, so after seeing how Shinku treated Suigintou when they first met, I can totally see why Suigintou hates her. It was only natural that Shinku didn't believe Suigintou to be a Rozen Maiden doll because she had no Rosa Mystica. Since this is what she believed, I can see how Shinku's actions were in hopes of making Suigintou's life as best as possible, but I can also see how Suigintou took these actions to be condescending as well.

Overall I'd give this an 8/10. Solid plot, explained a lot to give relevent background information for the story. I liked the action too! :D

Although why was this era's Alice Game over when they showed nothing about Hina Ichigo, Kanaria, and the 7th doll?

Yes she did have a sad past, but all the things Suigintou did in the 1st season and 2nd season is not justified at all.

@Noodle070
Jul 2, 2016 3:18 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty sure this only goes for anime Suigintou. I think in manga she is just mean to everyone.
Mar 4, 2019 1:33 AM
Jan 2017
aa its fell bad to suigintou,,
at first she is very cute and shinku teach suiginto how to walk its very good moment..
after Father giving the rosa mystica to suigintou ,, suigintou meet Shinku,, but shinku see suigintou as unperfect doll and auiguntou thinking that she like a junk ...
this is point where suigintou hate hinku very much,, from cute suiginto into grim ,, but i know what feeling of suigintou,, im still wonder why her father left her,, poor suigintou ..
shinku bros damaged by suiginto make shinku very angry and make she hate her,, and civil war begin
Jul 19, 2023 2:05 AM

Nov 2021
Suigintou went from being so weak she couldn't walk to gaining a Rosa Mystica and becoming basically equal in strength to Shinku, her first friend and person who helped her, only to be told that her weakness was not just preferable, but an inescapable fate. Of course she didn't take it well.

Nov 27, 2023 1:45 PM

May 2015
I dont understand who is the seventh doll? isn't Barasuishou created by Enju aka Rozen's apprentice? then she's not the seven doll since she's not a rozen maiden tho??
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jan 28, 11:35 PM

Dec 2022
man these OVAs were really an improvement over the seasons especially over Traumend
Suigintou well and truly best girl imagine how beautiful here existence could have been if only she'd been loved
OVAs and movies really are always many steps up from seasonal anime, one of these days I'll wise up and just stop watching seasonal lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre Episode 1 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 28, 11:09 PM

» Rozen Maiden: Ouvert&uuml;re General Discussion

Crystal - Jan 2, 2007

8 by AirStyles »»
Mar 2, 2010 12:26 AM

» SHINKU REACH NUMBER 8 IN ANIME CHARACTER OF THE DECADE!

AirStyles - Feb 20, 2010

3 by AirStyles »»
Mar 1, 2010 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.