Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2008 11:59 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was curious how they deal with "式 (Shiki)" and "織 (Shiki)". The actings of Sakamoto Maaya were great. She played both of the personalities distinctively. They chose the lines of Shiki wisely so that the viewers can deduce which "Shiki" she is talking. The extra short manga was joking about this confusing names and it's really funny.

I was amazed at two things: one is the elaborate description of the sun light. It's a terrific job that the light flashes as Shiki and her father moves in the training room. The class room with the setting sun reminded me of Shinkai Makoto's art works. The other is the scene where Mikiya ran away from Shiki in the bamboo forest. They used 216 unique frames for 9 seconds.

If you expect something helpful to understand the story, this part may not work neither. I think the story will begin to take a graspable form from Garan no Dou.
Jun 25, 2008 4:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I don't think Sakamoto Maaya 'chose' the lines, but the way she acted was definitely great. And I simply love Split Personalities so I always pay extra attention to those things.

The Animation, especially the lighting and the colors, were astonishing once again. Always amazes me how good these movies look. The Rain sounded and looked great, the music fitted perfectly. But I didn't expect anything else to be honest. Loved it.

9/10

I heard Mamiko Noto in the episode preview :D, can't wait for the next movie. Big Thank You to gg Fansubs and Taka-Jun. After checking out various versions of the first movie, this version is the only one you'll ever need. TakaJun helped subbing this after all! And apart from the little error in the beginning when the news man spoke (I think that was the scene), this sub was perfect.
cyruzJun 25, 2008 4:54 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 25, 2008 8:28 AM

Dec 2007
Once again, very good. The art and music are both amazing, and as was already said, the light especially was very well done. Although I have yet to fully understand the story, I love what I do understand about the story so far.

Very much looking forward to the next one again.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Jun 25, 2008 9:49 AM

Mar 2007
Once again, of course I had problems getting this. Why do I only have these problems when it comes to Rakkyo?

I liked the soundtrack for Satsujin Kousatsu more than I liked the one for Fukan Fuukei(that one was great too, though), the animation and the voice acting was once again great as well.
I also liked how they animated my favorite scene in this chapter from the novel;
"Amidst it all, Shiki is smiling. The sleeves of her light blue kimono are tainted red. Kneeling down and touching the blood flowing on the ground, Shiki streaks it across her lips. The blood drips down her lips and her body trembles in ecstasy. This is the first lipstick that Shiki has ever worn."
And as said, the scene where Mikiya ran away from Shiki was absolutely splendid.

I'm giving this a 9/10 as well, and I'm very much looking forward to the next movie, Tsuukaku Zanryuu. As it is, like I've said dozens of times, my favorite chapter. Having Noto Mamiko voice acting as Asagami Fujino makes things even better, another great VA for a great character.

Oh, another thing that I really liked was that we had Araya Souren speaking at the end of the movie. Voice acted by the great Nakata Jouji.

cyruz said:
After checking out various versions of the first movie, this version is the only one you'll ever need. TakaJun helped subbing this after all!

Indeed, after checking out other subs gg-TakaJun really is the only good one. I personally don't like how the other subbers have translated some lines(of Fukan Fuukei, that is).

And I found it pretty funny that they picked up plushies of White Ren and Ren.
Jun 25, 2008 10:19 AM
Feb 2008
cyruz said:
I heard Mamiko Noto in the episode preview :D, can't wait for the next movie. Big Thank You to gg Fansubs and Taka-Jun. After checking out various versions of the first movie, this version is the only one you'll ever need. TakaJun helped subbing this after all! And apart from the little error in the beginning when the news man spoke (I think that was the scene), this sub was perfect.

There's a small patch to correct this error and make a few other changes to the fansub. Get it from gg's site here:

http://ggkthx.org/Scripts/KnK/%5Bgg-TakaJun%5D_Kara_no_Kyoukai_-_02v2_magic_h4x_patch_%5BDEC297A0%5D.rar

Unrar the files to the same folder as the gg fansub, run KnK2-Patch.bat, and wait for the "Press any key to continue..." message. After that, you can delete the old video file because a version 2 (02v2) file will have been created.
Jun 25, 2008 10:46 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
sunstruck said:
There's a small patch to correct this error and make a few other changes to the fansub. Get it from gg's site here:

http://ggkthx.org/Scripts/KnK/%5Bgg-TakaJun%5D_Kara_no_Kyoukai_-_02v2_magic_h4x_patch_%5BDEC297A0%5D.rar

Unrar the files to the same folder as the gg fansub, run KnK2-Patch.bat, and wait for the "Press any key to continue..." message. After that, you can delete the old video file because a version 2 (02v2) file will have been created.

Nice, thanks for the heads-up. I would've dropped by their site to check things out sooner or later. This helps, thanks.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 25, 2008 3:40 PM

Dec 2007
What can i say about the soundtrack and art that has'n already been said and that i tottly agree with. I havent read it yet so i dont know how the story is outlined but im really happy with how it's layed out in terms of having a Mikiya meeting Shiki scinerio for this movie and i hope the continue where this movie left off. Im not that well informed in voice acters but the two shiki's were handled perfectly and i can't wait to see Noto Mamiko performance.

This one makes me want to read the novel even more than the first movie. Im gonna get to that as soon as i finish my other TM stuff. 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2008 4:13 PM

Nov 2006
I did not like this one as much as Fukan Fuukei, but judging from the preview for the next movie, it's going to be leaps and bounds better. And not just because of Mamiko Noto, but that does help.

I immensely prefer Fukan Fuukei's OST, and having my favorite track be used as the preview track really made me remember that.

Hmm, looking forward to the next one!

7/10, because it really was a nice film.
Jun 25, 2008 4:47 PM

Jan 2007
I completely agree with windy on this one. Once again, i was impressed with the animation.
Jun 25, 2008 7:56 PM

Apr 2007
I actully liked this one more than the first one.
Jun 25, 2008 8:06 PM

Oct 2007
It's great. I'm looking forward to the next movie :) - 8/10
Jun 26, 2008 1:00 AM

Apr 2007
Just finished it, loved it. Can't say much more. Looking forward to the next one, and Mamiko Noto as Fujino? Hell yes.
Jun 26, 2008 1:02 AM
Sep 2007
9/10 here, I liked it even more than the first movie, mainly thanks to the relationship between Shiki/SHIKI & Kokuto. eh, for some reason I tend to like relationships when a girl wants to kill guy...
Jun 26, 2008 4:53 AM
Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Nice, thanks for the heads-up. I would've dropped by their site to check things out sooner or later. This helps, thanks.

Heh, no problem. It's just that some people might be irritated at a sub with a small but very visible mistake like that right at the start.
Jun 26, 2008 7:43 AM

Jul 2007
freedoleen said:
9/10 here, I liked it even more than the first movie, mainly thanks to the relationship between Shiki/SHIKI & Kokuto. eh, for some reason I tend to like relationships when a girl wants to kill guy...

is there any other anime where that is the case? ^^
i've already seen quite a lot but i cant recall sth like that.

it's the same with me btw - i like this movie more because theres this very weird relationship going on....
honestly - the situation he said he doesn't want to die and she said: "Heh - i want to kill you" with a very VERY disturbing voice (thumbs up for the ... seiyou?? (or sth)) - that was just fantastic!

10/10 - sry but for me it can't get much better... darkness, mystery, violence, relationship, atmo, animation and music - these are MY favorite things in anime - all together i can't really tell what they could've done much better.
Normally I'm 1,45 pts bellow the average ;-)
GuybrushJun 26, 2008 7:49 AM
Jun 26, 2008 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
Loved it, especially the bit where Mikiya was humming in the rain.

I can't wait for the next one, Mamiko Noto as Fujino? Shit is going to be awesome

Jun 26, 2008 9:58 PM
Sep 2007
Guybrush said:
freedoleen said:

what about Higurashi (Rena)? School Days (Sekai)? Shuffle! (Kaede, when she was young). you've seen them all and you can't recall such a relationship? ;)
freedo-Jun 26, 2008 10:05 PM
Jun 27, 2008 3:50 AM

Jul 2007
freedoleen said:
Guybrush said:
freedoleen said:

what about Higurashi (Rena)? School Days (Sekai)? Shuffle! (Kaede, when she was young). you've seen them all and you can't recall such a relationship? ;)

uhhhmmm well your right with that, but thats not what i meant:
well higarashi is just crazy - they don't want to particulary want to kill their bf/lover or something
school days - well they kill because of jealousy (shiki just wants to kill him for fun)
shuffle??? man i really cant recall that - have to look into that

what i want to say is: shiki wants to kill mikiya for no particular reason and he knows that might happen someday and still likes her ^^ that's something i've never seen before
Jun 27, 2008 11:19 AM
Sep 2007
Guybrush said:
what i want to say is: shiki wants to kill mikiya for no particular reason and he knows that might happen someday and still likes her ^^ that's something i've never seen before

oh, so you meant it that specific. in that case you might be right.
Jun 27, 2008 1:54 PM

Mar 2008
Liked the first one better then the second. Still a good movie though. Still a little confused with the storyline haha. The next one looks promising.
Jun 27, 2008 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
while i liked the first better (especially the music), the animation was still incredible, and the plot is interesting. as someone who played through the Tsukihime visual novel (and the translated parts of Fate/Stay Night too), its really interesting to see how some of the ideas that were in Kara no Kyoukai were taken and put in in Tsukihime (that i wont mention because of spoilers...) still, i plan on watching the whole series.
Jun 27, 2008 7:26 PM

Jan 2008
I liked this one a lot more than the first one, I couldn't get a grasp of the story the first time... I didn't fully realize how important Kokutou was to Shiki in the last movie either. There's much more I'd like to know so I'm really looking forward to next movie.

Jun 28, 2008 5:14 AM

Jan 2008
crazy detail, and motion. reminds me of those makoto shinkai's works. and this ep is easier to understand compared to the first one, but i won't say it's better. now the prequel's more clear, can't wait for the next >.<
Jun 28, 2008 8:25 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
good job on voice acting the two Shiki....that is the beauty of the Japanese language.....

It's a shame that the subs are not true HD releases....I guess I have to somehow get my hands on the DVDs....

Soundtracks as good as always, as expected from Yuki Kajiura....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 28, 2008 11:27 AM

Aug 2007
I liked the first one more too, but I can't complain about this one. :)

Animation was great just as before, and though the music wasn't the same amazingly amazing quality like before, it was still great.

This most definitely makes me want to play some more Tsukihime. And I am most definitely looking forward to the next sub release.
WinterNightsFallJun 28, 2008 11:33 AM

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 28, 2008 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
Great one! Liked it even more than the first one. Less action, but the interaction with each other was what made it better.

Though there is on thing I didn't quite get:

Another thing, though. In recent anime I often see this, but it was very obvious in this one. I had the impression most backgrounds weren't drawn but actually real photos edited to make them look like drawn? I have seen this rather often. Though it's looking good, if you look at it while thinking this it's getting kind of strange - like being cheated.

Anyway, I a very much looking forward to the next one. It looks like it will be the most awesome one so far.

For now I am still giving an 8, though it's more of a 9 than the first one.
Jun 28, 2008 3:31 PM

Mar 2007
Forever said:
Though there is on thing I didn't quite get:

Jun 28, 2008 4:08 PM

Mar 2008
Thank you very much for the quick clarification. Much appreciated! :)
Jun 28, 2008 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
Forever said:

Another thing, though. In recent anime I often see this, but it was very obvious in this one. I had the impression most backgrounds weren't drawn but actually real photos edited to make them look like drawn? I have seen this rather often. Though it's looking good, if you look at it while thinking this it's getting kind of strange - like being cheated.

The background artists will be pleased to know that you believed the background arts were real. As far as I know, such cheating was done only in MUSASHI -Gun Dou-. Just rewatch the anime (I reccomend to buy the DVD). You'll see the mavelous DRAWINGS.
Jun 28, 2008 9:11 PM

Feb 2008
aaa the detail in this one is so incredible. there is so many great things about this anime i cant wait for the rest. i was sad that the Op song didnt play in the format i saw. wonder who its by, all i know is that its really nice.
Jun 29, 2008 10:32 AM
Dec 2007
Though this part of the story is not the most interesting for me, it was still really well directed and the technical part is awesome, just like the first movie. Hmmm I guess ufotable did a great job on this title because it's really true to the original novel and it's sometimes even better.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 30, 2008 10:28 AM

Jul 2007
Though the show is superior in the aesthetics department, I couldn't help getting ticked off by the sluggish pace at which the plot crawled along. The show could have easily concluded in 30~40 minutes. I pity the director, given so little material and being expected to create a full 55 minute episode.

In the end, the significance of the deaths was not explained, Kokuto proved himself to be naive/stupid/both, the significance of Shiki's gleaming eyes was not even -touched- (though I suspect this will come into play later) and the show just proved the director's inexperience when it comes to human reactions and people running from a crazy knife-wielding murderers. Much more could have been put into those precious expensive minutes, but instead, a bunch of unglamorous empty classroom and school rooftop (did anyone notice the same bunch of people were always there?) were repeated. I must admit that I'm thoroughly disappointed.

8/10 for the eye-candy, 3/10 for bone-chilling direction. The show deserves no more than a 5/10.

EDIT: I pray the next director does a decent job.
madeenerJun 30, 2008 11:15 AM
Jul 1, 2008 12:21 AM
Oct 2007
Nice movie cant wait for 3th part!
Jul 1, 2008 6:29 AM

Apr 2007
Wow.

okay, so, i was going to give this a 9/10 alright, but then for some reason just seconds before the credits rolled, i felt this huge intense feeling, and suddenly im thinking "no, 10/10, omfg 10/10 add that to your top 5". For some reason... But due to this strange sudden emotion i will leave it as 10/10, as it truly was amazing, but i won't go so far as to add it to my top 5.

Anyways, i soooo want to read the novels, darn it... I absolutely cannot wait for the next movie to come out with subs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2008 7:59 PM

Mar 2008
It's great !
Jul 6, 2008 12:04 AM

Sep 2007
gotta love multiple personalities, i love this episode. Kokuto's running scene was splendid, i liked it how the beats starts to build up as kokuto realizes he cant keep dodging and makes a break for it, the music was smooth and thrilling, love it! im really getting into Kara no Kyoukai and im really looking forward for the next episode.
Aug 4, 2008 11:55 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, just wow. I'm going to have to give out another 8. I was not expecting that. Just wow. Very, very good.
Aug 5, 2008 2:30 AM

Oct 2007
8/10 That running through the Bamboo forest was amazing, along with the story line <3

Aug 13, 2008 3:58 PM

Jul 2008
Damn, I really got into it. Can't wait to watch the third movie.
Aug 20, 2008 10:53 PM

May 2007
windy said:
I did not like this one as much as Fukan Fuukei, but judging from the preview for the next movie, it's going to be leaps and bounds better. And not just because of Mamiko Noto, but that does help.

I immensely prefer Fukan Fuukei's OST, and having my favorite track be used as the preview track really made me remember that.

Hmm, looking forward to the next one!

7/10, because it really was a nice film.

I agree with everything Windy said. It was interesting, but Fukan Fuukei was a lot more enjoyable and had much better BGM. 7/10
Aug 21, 2008 1:16 PM

Jul 2008
can anyone give me a DDL link for this in avi format?

Aug 28, 2008 6:41 PM

Jan 2008
I liked it more than the first movie :D - 9/10
Sep 14, 2008 6:13 AM

Sep 2007
How can you all love a film which makes little sense?

I don't like watching stuff where I have no idea whats going on.

Do questions get answered at some point?
Sep 14, 2008 7:50 AM

Mar 2007
Jax said:

Yes.
Sep 28, 2008 6:52 AM
Aug 2008
Jax said:
How can you all love a film which makes little sense?

I don't like watching stuff where I have no idea whats going on.

For me, I don't care about some of the questions, and I do care about others.

If I feel the parts I care about are getting addressed, I can let the others slide.

However -- often a show seems lazy. The only interesting questions are not answered -- then I don't like it.

If the show raises ten questions and I only care about three, the other seven questions can go unanswered.
Oct 8, 2008 7:27 AM

Aug 2008
Strange... The second movie is in the true the begin? I like! Shiki Ryougi is very sexy with your knife!!
Oct 12, 2008 10:38 AM
Jul 2008
It was OK, I guess I like it more then 1st movie. That is probably why I will watch 3rd one, because maybe it will be better then this one. 7/10
Besides, I want to know more...which is strange because I wasn't particularly impressed, but I think this movie has that X factor for me...
Dec 1, 2008 10:19 PM
Mar 2008
That was crazy awesome. Kokuto is a crazy dude for keeping that up, but how can you keep away from her with a sleeping face like that lol.
Dec 7, 2008 2:52 PM

Feb 2008
Nice movie. Better than the first one.
Both, SHIKI and Shiki were great. 8D
But I want to know why Shiki is in hospital. D:
Jan 10, 2009 10:33 AM

Nov 2008
I couldn't find anything remarkable in this anime apart from the great visuals and sounds just like the first movie. Unremarkable characters and awkward pacing made it boring even though it had high quality animations.

6/10
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can I watch this as a stand alone?

EfiChan - Apr 14, 2022

16 by 24846 »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:50 AM

» Why does Shiki go along with being the *spoilers*

ASimpleLotus - Apr 10, 2015

4 by waalex11 »»
May 8, 2020 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.