Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2011 11:44 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy fuck! Way to drop a bombshell! Masako finally did some good and I can now see her in a new light.
I think I can almost see the ending!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2011 1:36 AM

Aug 2010
Biggest bomb in the Anime so far !!!! i mean WTF? they can get married if they like now so i mean why not..
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Jul 17, 2011 2:10 AM

Apr 2008
HAHA EPIC BOMB!!

didn't expect this really but i hope the ending is <3
Jul 17, 2011 2:19 AM

Nov 2008
what is this i don't even---

I mean...Christ. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I preferred this when the possibility of this relationship was more controversial (and even then, it still is) with the incest aspect. At least that idea alone didn't sound as much of an ass pull as what the author just put out just now.

The "Not Blood-Related" card when we are two chapters away from the end? Seriously? And worse yet, there was not even a hint of him discovering this information when he first found the will; not one.
Jul 17, 2011 2:25 AM

Sep 2008
Bakazuki said:
And worse yet, there was not even a hint of him discovering this information when he first found the will; not one.
Was there really any need to hint at it though? The problem way back then was that nobody wanted to take Rin in, when she was the labeled the illegitimate of the grandpa. If everyone knew her origin at the meeting for Rin's fate, there really wouldn't have been a discussion at all. Daikichi sacrificed a lot to protect the memories that she had of her supposed dad because that was all that she had at the time.

If we knew all along that Daikichi knew that grandpa was not the father then we would all just be waiting until Rin would find out, so choose your poison.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2011 2:31 AM

Mar 2008
Lame. Let's make them not blood related so it's ok for them to end up together...

That shouldn't matter. Daikichi raised her as a daughter all this time. Knowing that shouldn't change anything. An even more so when he knew that all along.

This was the last in a series of terrible choices the author made after part 1.
Jul 17, 2011 2:33 AM

Apr 2009
hm interesting... I wonder if the author had such an ending in mind right from the start of this manga.
Since it feels really out of place and random, my guess is she didn't.
Jul 17, 2011 4:16 AM

Sep 2009
I dunno. I think this ending had potential right from the get go. For one, Rin has blonde hair. Her mother and no on on Daikichi's side of the family had, of course it's not a normal Japanese hair color either. I was always skeptical of her parentage.

Secondly, the way they lived was almost never like a father and daughter but more like a married couple. It was like they took care of each other. Rin was always looking out for him, making him meals and whatnot. It almost never looked like he treated her as a daughter, but as an equal.
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence...”
Jul 17, 2011 4:39 AM
Apr 2011
"But thanks to that I've arrived at my decision."- What decision??????
Please don't say I want to be Daikichis daughter.If she said that I will shoot myself.
From the beginig it was clear that they are not blood related at least for those who read the story carefully.And I think the age will not be a problem because in the real world their are stranger thinks than that.
Jul 17, 2011 8:00 AM

Mar 2008
FUCK! A CAN'T ACCEPT THIS!!

Why? It's illogical Yumi Umita! You're contradicting yourself!
Anyone can see with your eyes capter 10. Rin REALLY IS son os Masako. It's written there, all words.

I very, very disappointing with the series.
Jul 17, 2011 9:33 AM

Mar 2008
It's not like I wasn't expecting this. It seemed pretty obvious from the beginning that the grandfather just wanted to help Masako, to avoid sullying her reputation and so her kid wouldn't grow up without a father. However, that hardly matters at this point.
Daikichi is Rin's FATHER! Why are we even discussing this? Daikichi being blood related or not is irrelevant!

The author is just making an (poor) excuse to present a romantic relationship between those two, a relationship that wasn't plausible until now. And it's not the fact that they're not blood related that will make it OK.
Jul 17, 2011 9:45 AM

Dec 2010
Arcanus said:
The author is just making an (poor) excuse to present a romantic relationship between those two, a relationship that wasn't plausible until now. And it's not the fact that they're not blood related that will make it OK.

I find it perfectly ok, she just explain the past of Rin and the truth behind it, matter or not i find a usefull info for the plot. Remember that this manga is a josei, a manga for women that like these sort of romantic and extravagant relationship (like a soup opera), if fit perfect the genre with an ending like this. She do a great job plot-wise in these last chapters.
Fn76Jul 17, 2011 9:50 AM
Jul 17, 2011 3:40 PM

Mar 2008
Being a josei manga is not an excuse to just do something that's completely against what she built during the series just o have an "extravagant" ending.
Jul 17, 2011 5:11 PM

Apr 2009
Ok so even if they're not blood related, what will it change ? Daikichi is still Rin's father, not biologically but he raised her so he is. I won't accept a DaikichixRin ending, it just feels so wrong. Usagi Drop taught me about family values, I don't understand why it went this way.
Jul 17, 2011 5:49 PM

Feb 2009
Say WHAT?! I should have seen it coming but didn't another bomb was dropped, but still I think it would be wrong if the two became more than father and daughter.
Jul 17, 2011 5:52 PM

Dec 2009
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - this feels rushed all of the sudden. What I just posted in the last chapter topic is pretty irrelevant now.

"Ohhh - Rin is in love with her guardian now?!"

"Wait - aren't they blood related? And, isn't Daikichi her father figure?"

"NOPE!"

Trolld'.

..ugh. Glad I gave this series an 8 now, which I did back when Rin loving Daikichi got exposed. But, right now, I don't know what to say. Can't wait to see what they do with the Anime when they get to this part, though.

@MaxCrazy7: Yeah, I'm still rooting for a non-RinXDaikichi ending myself. But, with only 2 chapters left, it's the only ending that's possible now. Crap - well, might as well stick it out since only 2 chapters to go.
sillyker0nianJul 17, 2011 5:56 PM
Jul 17, 2011 5:54 PM

Dec 2010
sillyker0nian said:
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - this feels rushed all of the sudden. What I just posted in the last chapter topic is pretty irrelevant now.

"Ohhh - Rin is in love with her guardian now?!"

"Wait - aren't they blood related? And, isn't Daikichi her father figure?"

"NOPE!"

Trolld'.

..ugh. Glad I gave this series an 8 now, which I did back when Rin loving Daikichi got exposed. But, right now, I don't know what to say. Can't wait to see what they do with the Anime when they get to this part, though.
There's only 11 eps. A good thing, as we won't have to see her teenage years.
Jul 17, 2011 6:01 PM

Dec 2009
notsureifsrs said:
There's only 11 eps. A good thing, as we won't have to see her teenage years.

Oh, that's right! Well, yeah, that's a great thing then. At least the Anime will stay the same as the first part then. Being cute and Daikichi and Rin being father and daughter and all =3

*wipes forehead* Have that to look forward to~
Jul 17, 2011 7:02 PM

Mar 2008
m4rc0 said:
Being a josei manga is not an excuse to just do something that's completely against what she built during the series just o have an "extravagant" ending.

I did not realize the relationship between "josei" and "extravagant".
Jul 17, 2011 11:04 PM

Mar 2008
Neither did I, Panina.

In fact, calling Josei a genre is just wrong. Josei is a target audience.
Jul 18, 2011 5:49 AM

Nov 2008
The problem, HawthorneKitty, is that you're not describing the possibility of this revelation being hinted to us; you're describing the possibility of the revelation being told to us right from the start. All I would have liked were somethings like visual cues, some very subtle foreshadowing, that would have told us that not everything was as it seemed. It's a necessary kind of thing for any story that prevents us from tearing our hairs out due to things that seem like a 180-degree turn, unless one likes being sniped near the ending stretch by plot twists on par with M. Night Shyamalan.

And people use the intended demographics as an excuse for many controversial/hackneyed/whatever elements in mangas' plots. Stop that shit. DX
Jul 18, 2011 9:18 AM

Sep 2009
Jesus, you people are so bitter and frothing with rage.

I feel like I'm on the WoW forums or something.
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence...”
Jul 18, 2011 11:36 PM

Dec 2009
Bakazuki said:
The problem, HawthorneKitty, is that you're not describing the possibility of this revelation being hinted to us; you're describing the possibility of the revelation being told to us right from the start. All I would have liked were somethings like visual cues, some very subtle foreshadowing, that would have told us that not everything was as it seemed. It's a necessary kind of thing for any story that prevents us from tearing our hairs out due to things that seem like a 180-degree turn, unless one likes being sniped near the ending stretch by plot twists on par with M. Night Shyamalan.

And people use the intended demographics as an excuse for many controversial/hackneyed/whatever elements in mangas' plots. Stop that shit. DX

Exactly! Some clues about this sudden pairing happening would have been tasteful/better than what has happened. I would have probably enjoyed it if there was some foreshadowing. But, for my personally, it's like:

Daikichi takes Rin in --> They live together, meet Kouki and his Mom, Daikichi slowly learns how to be a proper father, Daikichi proposes to Kouki's mom&gets rejected, all kinds of shoujo fluff, etc --> 19-year-time-skip --> Rin is all of the sudden stubborn, rejects Kouki, etc --> Rin confesses she LOVES Daikichi.

Soooo - it's so rushed and there was no indication of it happening. So, it feels awkward and such. Ugh...
Jul 19, 2011 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
Bakazuki said:

QFT.
Jul 19, 2011 6:37 AM

Jul 2008
m4rc0 said:
Lame. Let's make them not blood related so it's ok for them to end up together...

That shouldn't matter. Daikichi raised her as a daughter all this time. Knowing that shouldn't change anything. An even more so when he knew that all along.

This was the last in a series of terrible choices the author made after part 1.
Yup. He put his freaking heart and soul into raising her alone. Everything about them getting together after that is just creepy. It makes me look back to the first arc in pain.

BEGINNER
Jul 19, 2011 6:47 PM

Nov 2008
Mezzoflation said:
Jesus, you people are so bitter and frothing with rage.

I feel like I'm on the WoW forums or something.

I'd like to think that we're at least not as bad as OneManga's KNIM sub-forum. =P

And another thing that bothers me is that we were with him when he first found the will when we were following along with his thoughts. You'd think something as important as that would be brought to attention in his internal monologue and initial reading of the will . When that first popped up, I actually went back to that particular chapter and reread it thinking I missed something.
VanceFiniraldiJul 19, 2011 6:52 PM
Jul 19, 2011 7:59 PM

Mar 2008
sillyker0nian said:
Daikichi takes Rin in --> They live together, meet Kouki and his Mom, Daikichi slowly learns how to be a proper father, Daikichi proposes to Kouki's mom&gets rejected, all kinds of shoujo fluff, etc --> 19-year-time-skip --> Rin is all of the sudden stubborn, rejects Kouki, etc --> Rin confesses she LOVES Daikichi.

True. Not to mention the obvious flaws in the development.

Kouki's Mom is shown to feel something for Daikichi, but she rejects him because of Kouki. Then, after Kouki is normal again, she rejects him for no reason and thinks: I'm probably not made to live with another person. Then she goes and marries another guy... That makes no sense at all.

Same thing with Rin and Kouki. Rin cared for him enough to become angry because she smelled another girl's scent in his bag... Not wanting to stay with Kouki while he still was "wild" would be ok, but she decided to give up on him just when he went straight...

The time-skip itself was already a big problem. We went from a awesome manga about a single guy struggling to raise a girl to one about a high school girl's love problems... And a mediocre one...
Jul 24, 2011 7:42 PM

Feb 2008
Does no one else wonder who Rin's biological father really is?
Jul 26, 2011 10:24 AM

Mar 2008
meri_nicole said:
Does no one else wonder who Rin's biological father really is?

The Holy Spirit.
Jul 26, 2011 10:32 AM

Mar 2008
Darth Vader.

It's another thing the author decided not to show in the manga.
Feb 3, 2012 4:38 PM
Nov 2009
Ok so she was never blood-related to Daikichi.

IT'S STILL VERY WRONG.

Then who is Rin's real father?
Apr 3, 2012 3:49 AM

Jun 2009
Well, this certainly makes sense. Daikichi's grandpa was too old to have children, anyway. The only bad thing about this is that now Rin has open path to end up with Daikichi. :( They always seemed to me like father and daughter. Until she started developing more serious feelings for him, that is.
Feb 16, 2019 2:14 PM
Apr 2018
Yeah, I didn't like this twist at all. Still have no idea how Daikichi figured it out from reading his grandpa's will.
Aug 14, 2023 6:40 PM
Oct 2020
Ok so not incest but also feels like throwing everything out of the window just to have them end up together. But the blood relation wasn't my biggest problem. The fact that he's been raising her as his daughter for ten years as her adoptive father is the problem.

More topics from this board

» When does it get trash?

AshTheChamp - Mar 22

4 by blinddig »»
Apr 8, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 62 Discussion

Dr_Funkadelic - Feb 27, 2013

44 by BigBlueBash »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 61 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 28, 2013

1 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 60 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 14, 2013

4 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:28 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 59 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 14, 2013

5 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.