Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 13, 2011 4:04 PM
Feb 2011
So being forward and confident is "skanky" now. What misogynist world you must live, worldjem7. Truly pathetic. Do you also believe that women must be seen and not heard? Disgusting.

worldjem7 said:
I feel this way except I'm even less of a proponent to Sheryl. I understand that she seems to genuinely like him, but she never seems to take anything she does with him seriously, like how that kiss at the set was a joke to tease him. She always seems to be just messing with him like a friend would and nothing more. She doesn't even call him by name when she spoke with Ranka showing that she seems to support Ranka's relationship with Alto.

Wrong. She took the kiss seriously. She tried to cover up because she felt vulnerable.

Of course she supports Ranka. Sheryl has always been a great friend for her. She is a stealth mentor and big sister figure. She is still her rival in song and love, though.

LoveDriftsAwaySep 13, 2011 4:34 PM
Sep 20, 2011 11:16 AM

May 2009
Misogynist worldjem7 is misogynist. :p

How dare Sheryl have a backbone! /sarcasm
Nov 9, 2011 8:44 AM

Oct 2011
I started hating Alto in this episode -.-' I was just thinking 'of course he isn't going with Sheryl' but he did...
Nov 9, 2011 10:34 PM
Feb 2011
DevilishTime said:
I started hating Alto in this episode -.-' I was just thinking 'of course he isn't going with Sheryl' but he did...

Excuse him for doing what he wants in his birthday? He barely knows Ranka. If this was her birthday, people could have a legitimate bone to pick, but this isn't about her. This is about his special day and a chance to get closer to his dream.
Dec 1, 2011 4:30 AM

Aug 2010
I was kinda hoping Alto would go back to kabuki....like that'd happen.. But i feel kinda bad for Ranka, he just left without meeting her. But i suppose that's because he wants to fly in the sky of Gallia 4
Dec 18, 2011 2:55 PM

Feb 2009
The popular girl is winning, the shy girl is losing, and the main character is as interesting as piece of blank paper =/
May 15, 2012 5:15 AM
May 2012
Quite suprising. I've intially thought Alto would cancel all the other invitations to meet Ranka and she won't be able to get there.

Although I'm favoring Ranka, if he was really uncertain between both options, staying with Sheryl has the advantage of flighting in the atmosphere, so go for it.
On the other hand, do some reputation with you father would be a good and fair (in terms of Sheryl and Ranka) chose and cancel the date with Ranka in this manner is a no go.
Aug 3, 2012 2:11 AM

Sep 2011
I wouldn't even consider this a love triangle. Its SO one-sided at the moment! Not even funny. LOL

Anyways, loved the Nyan commercial at the beginning of the episode. So damn cute! ^^
Jul 25, 2013 9:47 PM

Mar 2012
Sheryl puts in the effort without being influenced to do so, Ranka had to be talked into calling Alto by her friend....of course it's one sided, even I at this point have to question how much Ranka really loves Alto...she's just so uncommitted.
As I said about the last episode, I hope this show starts taking off soon, for an action/mecha show this is really starting to become a let down....almost at the half way mark.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 26, 2014 10:17 PM

Nov 2012
This show would be at least ten times better had the romance part been voided out from this anime.
Feb 27, 2014 5:12 PM
Nov 2010
SanaeSnake said:
This show would be at least ten times better had the romance part been voided out from this anime.

Also the singing, and the planetary range of their voice. 'Everyone, embrace each other to the ends of the universe'. WTF!!! Is this Fairy Tail or some shit?
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Dec 11, 2014 1:24 AM

May 2011
Personally, I find the concept of Macross very intriguing. Apart from the pop-style music and love triangle which some people like and some don't, the background behind Macross is surprisingly deep. Firstly, the 400-metre spaceship-turned mecha. Macross as was called, that was truly one badass robot. The idea of coexistence between alien races through music. Funny, but legitimate. Sentient lifeforms created by the protoculture. As extreme as it is, still nevertheless a unique concept. To those who disliked the romance in it...well, it is Macross. Macross without romance and music will be something else. Especially for those who condemn this anime...biased without considering its other perspectives which made Macross F a great anime.
This episode presented a level-headed Alto. His skepticism for acting was dispelled eh? In the end, he still loves flying, and shall continue to do so. Ranka and her indecisiveness cost her Alto. If she still does not push in some effort, she will really lose Alto to Sheryl. Although I still do support Ranka. 5/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Oct 29, 2015 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
Awww I feel bad for Ranka but it's obvious that Alto would follow Sheryl.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Nov 7, 2015 7:10 AM

Feb 2013
Alto shit taste confirmed.

is there any point on keeping watching this show? I seriously hate Sheryl and Alto -.-

Aug 23, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2017
This fold fault thing looks somewhat similar to time dilation...or does it just make the trip longer?

By the way, how does Ranka's bow-knot hold on her neck only from one side...

Alto should've just called Ranka and tell her he couldn't come... Though it'd be rude so I understand his decision to send Michel.

Grace is plotting something with Leon and can talk via implants without opening her mouth whaaaaat. That's the power of neurotechnology I guess

Rankaaa ;_; My heart is with you. Sheryl encouraged Ranka to give that ticket to Alto yet "stole" him on that day anyway! She's self-conscious about all that!

Cat Diary was the ED for 11 and was played in 9 when Ranka was handing out stuff.

Good catch.

The whole "she gets farther from him because of her stardom" thing reminds me of Minmay and Hikaru, except that I think Alto will pick Ranka eventually

I wonder whether we'll see Ranka's concert in the next episode.
St0rmbladeAug 23, 2020 9:37 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.