Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 6, 2011 5:37 AM

Jul 2010
Wow Yukiatsu. Just wow. Saying Jintan is the one that's obsessed with her while you yourself are cross-dressing as her. Now who it pitiful huh? I'm curious on how they are going to react to this and how he is going to talk himself out of this. >.<

Another thing that has been going around in my mind is that why Menma's "ghost" doesn't just make herself apparent? She could've just picked up the coffee and everybody would've seen the floating coffee cup right? Some already noted that they felt weight on them when she was clinging to them. =P

Anaru is just too good. I really hope Jintan and her will get together somehow. And I hope she'll leave her current "friends" as well because they're such bitches!
OnyxthegreatMay 6, 2011 5:46 AM

May 6, 2011 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
apatch3 said:
I'm betting Yukiatsu liked Menma when they were children too
Its pretty much obvious already that he likes her.

I want to steal Anaru's closet!
Oh Yukiatsu-- I do pity you. It seems like he wanted someone to find out about his Menma obsession or he wanted to talk about it with everyone.
Menma has to interact with others and if the show doesn't show that, then indeed it will be a big flaw.
Cannot help but ship MenmaXJintan <3
May 6, 2011 5:59 AM

Jul 2009
Omniknight said:
However, everyone who thinks he is suddenly a freak are rather insensitive too.. People cope with death of a loved one in many ways.

I'm not one of the people who have started calling him a freak, but I have to point out that he would be far easier to sympathise with if he wasn't such a dick about things.

Anyway, I agree with the people who are a little surprised that the crossdressing theory was right. I mean, yeah, the evidence was there, but I wasn't sure that they'd go through with something that might put off some viewers like that.

Not much else to say, really. I very much enjoyed this episode, eagerly awaiting the next.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
May 6, 2011 6:30 AM

Jun 2009
It was embarassing and disturbing to see Yukiatsu in Menma's dress at the end. I just had to close my eyes haha.
Im surprised that I like Tsuruko more. I hope she stays like this and not change.

May 6, 2011 7:19 AM

Jan 2011
Even though Yukiatsu's a little bit sharp in criticizing people but I really feel sorry for him. His love towards Memma is really.. intense.
May 6, 2011 7:20 AM

Aug 2010
Haha, nice episode. The cross-dressing wasn't such a big surprise, imo.

May 6, 2011 7:24 AM

Jun 2008
guanhian said:
Even though Yukiatsu's a little bit sharp in criticizing people but I really feel sorry for him. His love towards Memma is really.. intense.

Agreed! im officially now a Yukiatsu fan! he had balls to dress as Menma;) The guy needs some love and understanding. all he needs is a big hug and support from his friends to get over Menma´s loss XD

Well maybe he really liked to crossdress XDdo i feel some homolust?

And loved the Anaru x Jintan moment:) Anaru x Jintan ftw.
OrulyonMay 6, 2011 7:41 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 6, 2011 7:26 AM

Feb 2011
OMG Yukiatsu! what kind of clothes do you have in your closet!? 8D
really enjoyed this episode and now I have to wait another week for the next one, I want more! this anime is so good <3
May 6, 2011 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
Oh so it was Yukiatsu after all, kinda dissapointing that it was the most obvious. But anyway, Tsuruko is love. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 6, 2011 8:15 AM
Apr 2010
At first I thought Jintan is the one with the biggest problems: he dropped out of school and lives like a hikkikomori because of Menmas dead. (BTW why does his father accpt living that way?)
But now when you have a deeper look, Yukiatsu is even more sensitive as I thought. Maybe he has gotten used to be such harsh and snide to paper over the cracks. But now that all know about his "little hobby" maybe he will continue to develop himself.

Luckily for Yukiatsu only his "friends" saw him masquerade as Menma...
For example if Anarus classmates have seen him that way, he will have a hard time in his life.
May 6, 2011 8:23 AM
Feb 2011
Awesome episode.
And this show has the best OP/ED songs this season for sure. The timing for the ED song in this episode was perfect.
May 6, 2011 8:42 AM

May 2009
HE IS WEARING RITSU'S HEARBAND >:U

DAMN YOU YUKIATSU
May 6, 2011 8:45 AM

Apr 2009
So the speculah was true after all.

I just hope the show not to become all about crossdressing and things like that, it'd be creepy.

Anyway, sometimes I wish for Menma to really show herself to the public, by moving objects or things like that. But sometimes I don't - wonder what will be actually better for the plot.

Love the show's unpredictability, anyway.
May 6, 2011 8:56 AM
Dec 2007
Great ep once again and fantastic character developments.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 6, 2011 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
-Arthur said:
That's one of the ugliest cross dressing I ever saw in anime...

This.
Ugly and Creepy. someone should slap him for doing this. lol

Awesome episode.

though i still think Jinta is an idiot. when he wants everyone to believe that he can see menma then why not prove it. maybe he will in the end of the story.
May 6, 2011 9:39 AM

Nov 2008
Ani-Blast said:

On a side note,

If that happens, I'll be happy, b/c that would mean that Jinta x Menma will happen. I love those two together. As for Yukiatsu..I just feel bad for him. He must of really loved Menma, but to go this far.... I hope he redeems himself, b/c I think he's a good guy..he's just struggling more than others and showing it in odd ways. As for Tsuruko, I liked her from the beginning and this episode showed me exactly why she's so awesome. And Poppo was awesome as always, making Menma feel better without him knowing is always a plus. Looking forward to the next episode
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 6, 2011 9:53 AM

May 2010
Fail troll attempt is fail.

Anyway, great episode again and Popo always made me chuckle. xD

The OP and ED are growing in me. <3
May 6, 2011 10:00 AM

Aug 2008
Looks like the cross-dressing theory came true. It would have more of an impact on me if I wasn't expecting it.
I'm curious to see how this would play out in the next ep.
May 6, 2011 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
I bet Yukiatsu will somehow deny everything in the next episode in some obviously fake way to try and cover up his obsession.

Oh and more Anaru x Jintan please.
May 6, 2011 10:15 AM

Apr 2011
I wasn't really shocked at the crossdressing but I kinda was when I saw it was Yukiatsu.
Now to wait another seven days :/. Just hope it'll be JintanxMenma, really don't want that hypocrite to be with him lol.
Haruhi is Haruhi, and no one but Haruhi!

May 6, 2011 10:19 AM

Sep 2010
I haven't seen the episode 4, I just got really spoiled BIG TIME about Yukiatsu's cross dressing, like WOW. I even really thought that he's hot and going to be Jinta's rival.
May 6, 2011 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
Ugh, Yukiatsu is a sad character. At first I just disliked him, but now he seems so broken.
I like how Tsurumi can always tell what he's up to.

Great episode <3
May 6, 2011 10:50 AM

Jul 2010
I waited until today to watch it for the UTW subs. Wonderful episode, my mouth was practically wide open the last few seconds lol.
May 6, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
Yukiatsu, you're an asshole. And a crossdressing freak.

Great episode, I love every single main character in this show, except for Yukiatsu of course. 5/5

And I wonder what Anaru's "friends" are up to...
May 6, 2011 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
Another thing I noticed after seeing it a 2nd time is in the spoiler
anyone notice that by Jinta squeezing Anjou's arm and her feeling pain that it seems to me Jinta has a temper problem in regards to controlling his anger. To no surprise this might be a cause towards his yelling outbursts. His running around to let the heat off also but Atsumu might be doing the same thing perhaps.

The other thing is that I am with the people that think Anjou looks astonishing with her hair as in the following spoiler
indeed she looks much more mature and ladylike IMO and nice save Jinta!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 6, 2011 11:28 AM

Sep 2010
I knew he was the one who was wearing a Menma dress because some people at last episode speculated about it and it seemed true for me and it was true. But still a very interesting episode and Yukiatsu is high in the rankings of greatest perverts this season.
May 6, 2011 11:42 AM
May 2010
For those who think Yukiatsu is a pervert:

I think he crossdress because he miss Menma and he is really sad, not because its making him sexually aroused. I guess he is traumatized by her death and have issues but it's not like it's a sexual behavior.

And also he is a jealous asshole.
May 6, 2011 11:57 AM

May 2008
I can't believe they actually did this. Don't know what to think about this, I'm not a fan of it (it seriously reminds me of stuff like School Days), but I'll guess I'll wait until it is played out completely.
May 6, 2011 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
I'm beginning to like Tsuruko more and more. ^^ Naruko always looks so beautiful. <3 I really would like to see Jinta ending up with Naruko. I know that he probably still likes Menma but she's dead.
Can't wait for next episode to learn why Yukiatsu was dressing as Menma.
May 6, 2011 12:07 PM

May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Heck yeah! Glad to have more people on my side on that one.

MenmaxJinta is cute though but you know....she's dead....lol.

Yumekichi11 said:
I hope this will not happen but if it does it will make Jinta x Naruko more than ever since he will be the one to most likely comfort her. I wonder if Menma will help in that?

Agreed. Although, I think Tsuruko will help aswell, if it does happen..
May 6, 2011 12:32 PM
Oct 2007
Every single episode of this show is 5/5 so far. This week plot development is almost as sad and depressing compared to the first episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2011 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
Usually the ones that protest too much are the ones with the most skeletons in their closets. Case in point: Yukiatsu is a cross-dressing psychopath!!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he pushed Menma off the riverbank because she loved Jinta and not him!!

Crucify the bastard!!!!!
May 6, 2011 12:52 PM

Sep 2010
ZaggyPlushie said:
For those who think Yukiatsu is a pervert:

I think he crossdress because he miss Menma and he is really sad, not because its making him sexually aroused. I guess he is traumatized by her death and have issues but it's not like it's a sexual behavior.

And also he is a jealous asshole.
Villetta_Nu said:
Usually the ones that protest too much are the ones with the most skeletons in their closets. Case in point: Yukiatsu is a cross-dressing psychopath!!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he pushed Menma off the riverbank because she loved Jinta and not him!!

Crucify the bastard!!!!!

You're right, he is a psychopath (and because of that be's acting like a hentai), so he needs a clinic.
May 6, 2011 12:56 PM

Oct 2010
Villetta_Nu said:
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he pushed Menma off the riverbank because she loved Jinta and not him!! Crucify the bastard!!!!!
Ok well I am calling official 3rd dips on that though. You really think he did that? I have lots of suspicion due to that sniffing of his of the clothing but damn. Ok guess assumption in and let's see if that is what may have happened.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 6, 2011 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
OMG Tsuruko, you are such an awesome bitch, aren't you? And you just know what to talk, what need to talk and how much you should talk.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 6, 2011 1:17 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Really good episode! This is turning into a great show.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 6, 2011 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode! Hate the cliffhanger ending, but really looking forward to next week.
May 6, 2011 1:43 PM

May 2009
this show justs gets better and better doesnt it?
May 6, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2010
haha starting to really like this show more and more.

May 6, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2007
OH.MY.GOD.

May 6, 2011 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
DO YOU THINK HE HAD AN ARMPIT FETISH
ROFL
ANARU'S FRIENDS MAY BE BITCHES BUT THEY HAVE GREAT STORIES.
May 6, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
Villetta_Nu said:

if not pushed her then i think she died because of him somehow. maybe he ran after her and she slipped of the riverbank, so basically it was his fault but he's blaming everything on Jinta, though in deep inside heart, he know his fault and is really sad.
May 6, 2011 2:10 PM

Sep 2010
Siva said:
OMG Tsuruko, you are such an awesome bitch, aren't you? And you just know what to talk, what need to talk and how much you should talk.

Most characters in anime just make misunderstandings and say wrong things. It's remarkable that there are characters that have the ability to do everything the right way.
May 6, 2011 2:56 PM

Jan 2011
oh lol...
somehow, it was easy to know Yukiatsu was obsessed with Menma
:I weird oh so weird..
well good episode, except cliffhanger.. OTL
dang it can't wait for next episode ; u ;
May 6, 2011 3:06 PM
Apr 2009
-Arthur said:
That's one of the ugliest cross dressing I ever saw in anime...

sure, because that wasnt the POINT
like hell he would cross dress for the sake of fun
this is a psychological, tragic, drama anime
not a cross dress contest pervert one
think about it before extrapolating your rant.
Yukiatsu had a big trauma because of Menma death
thus in his case, it may not be because he is pervert
for his main reason and I can go on and on on this point
because I study psychology but I wont
Ill just stop by saying, when kids live a trauma at their young age,
it may not be apparent that they develop issues
because the tragic event got implanted in their unconsciousness
but it's only after, during their teenage or adult life, we see those issues coming out.
Sorry for my weird English syntax or grammar, Im writing this without reading twice
Im just shooting ideas ^^
May 6, 2011 3:17 PM

Feb 2010
Tsuki-Hime said:
Villetta_Nu said:

if not pushed her then i think she died because of him somehow. maybe he ran after her and she slipped of the riverbank, so basically it was his fault but he's blaming everything on Jinta, though in deep inside heart, he know his fault and is really sad.

This is exactly what I've been thinking... I think the obsession he has with Menma/the cross-dressing is an obsession caused by guilt. I think something happened in accordance to her death and it was (or partially/indirectly was) his fault.

Ah. I love this show.
May 6, 2011 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
Wooo... I don't think that he is a perverted but he definitely has problems. I hope that friends help him .... somehow.

May 6, 2011 3:56 PM

Oct 2008
Nice, so far I'm lovin' each episode!

About Yukiatsu, yeah it was pretty obvious... but, hey, lets see how he reacts.

Best anime this season that's for sure!

May 6, 2011 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
I couldn't help but feel embarrassed for Yukiatsu at the end, not because he was crossdressing, but because he got caught up in his own jealous lies.
May 6, 2011 4:06 PM

Sep 2009
Derp, I agree with Lunacie. You really kind of feel bad for him as well, even though we've only seen a rather crazy side of him there's probably something more to what he did by dressing as Menma rather than just doing it to mess with them.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.