Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2011 12:30 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A great fight against one of the greatest DBZ filler characters
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:25 AM
Nov 23, 2013 5:40 PM

May 2012
This sure was an awesome filler especially that ending a huge time jump of 7 years and we see Gohan all grown up :D well lets see what the next arc has to offer us!
Jan 6, 2014 2:06 AM

Jun 2009
Aha! I knew I wasn't misremembering. All throughout the fight I was thinking "wait a minuting, were Pikkon and Goku disqualified for touching the roof?" and then when Goku won I was like "wtf" and then they were DQ'd. That made me feel better. This is probably the only filler arc in the entirety of DBZ that I can appreciate and respect, too bad the rest of the filler arcs/characters aren't like the other world tournament/Pikkon. God damn Gohan has changed.
Apr 10, 2014 3:31 PM

Oct 2009
I suspected Grand Kaio-sama isn't as great as everyone expects him to be. Btw, I was surprised in the previous episode that touching comets isn't regarded as "falling out of the ring", and all this time I was wondering where those "out of the ring" boundaries are

The girls in the preview are pretty cute

Oh, and a new OP and ED in the next episode
SerhiykoApr 12, 2014 1:30 PM
Jul 4, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2013
For a filler battle Goku vs Pikkon was surprisingly well done, better then most of the movie fights for me personally.
Aug 13, 2016 5:57 PM

Feb 2016
Quite the grand finale between Goku and Pikkon, that ending though, lol. I thought those were like the side walls... not the ceiling... that they had bounced off of.

Gohan can call for/use Nimbus now? :o I wonder how that's possible... don't recall how Nimbus came to be in the first place. I figured he would be able to fly faster than it though, which is why Goku stopped using it.. didn't he? Maybe he just wants to relax though I guess, rather than exert his energy, you know... Nimbus.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Sep 1, 2016 10:30 PM

Sep 2013
I love that Gohan can use Kinto-Un. I remember way back when Roshi gave it to Goku, Bulma and Roshi both tried to sit on it but they weren't pure of heart so they fell right through. Gohan (like Goku) has lived mostly in seclusion his whole life and is still pure of heart so he can ride it!

Also, seems like Goku is always losing budokais on technicality. This one reminded me of when he got a ring out against Tienshihan. He was totally robbed in that one!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 29, 2017 12:04 AM

Apr 2010
Awesome episode. I was confused as well lol. But then when Grand Kai disqualified them, I was like oh okay lol

Feb 14, 2020 5:46 AM

Mar 2010
linkjoker said:
For a filler battle Goku vs Pikkon was surprisingly well done, better then most of the movie fights for me personally.
Same, this fight was really good actually.

For me Pikkon is a mixture of Piccolo and Tambourine from old DB. Question is will we see Pikkon again at any point in the series? I guess not.
Liked the Tension between North and West Kai. And the Grand Kai did this all only for his amusement I think, lol. Hes gonna train them in 200 years lol seems like he is actually weak.

Seeing a grown Gohan is so weird, this is what DB/DBZ did great, you have a connection to the characters even if they aren't the deepest when we talk about psychology.
Jun 29, 2020 12:33 PM

Jul 2008
Not a bad fight at all
Jul 10, 2022 2:10 AM

Jun 2021
pretty much enjoying this filler and we got to see Gohan grow up. Can't wait to see more.
I'm gonna sit down here and watch them do it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.