Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 6, 2011 1:47 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, watched this on nicovideo (Hope the uploader is safe)

-Banagher finds Unicorn in 14th Space Gate
-Encounters Audrey/Riddhe
-They explain about their intent to Banagher (that they're going to Earth to find Riddhe's father)
-Unicorn vs Ksha
-Marida Flashback (Puru 12)
(20 minutes of talk /skip)

-Unicorn vs Full Frontal
-Daghda sacrifices himself, Banagher goes on /ragemode
-Full Frontal almost gets owned
-Banagher is about to finish him with his beam magnum but Gilboa takes the hit
-Banagher: "Giruboa... san?"
ED Song starts
END

Damn, it had to end at the climax of this episode.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh another 6+ months wait for the next episode =(

Gawd... kept getting errors from MAL (Invalid Message)
RanlosMar 6, 2011 1:52 AM

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Mar 6, 2011 7:06 AM

Jul 2009
I actually felt rather sorry for Daghda, since he told us how cogs really should feel as opposed to how the higher ups wanted them to feel. I also thought the NT-D making it seem like you were in control, but in actually, it's in control thing was pretty cool. This episode hinted towards Laplace's box sole worth being extreme political importance; a stark contrast to its key, which is (seemingly) just a very strong mobile suit.

Other than that, fights were great, music was well implemented, can't wait for more, etc. etc.
Mar 6, 2011 7:16 AM

Feb 2008
i felt sad to see daghda go, and to see his gun hit agent the wall. the battles were awesome like always. i hope the next ep isn't another nov release like how ep 1 to ep 2 were
Mar 6, 2011 10:31 PM

Jul 2008
sloken18 said:
i felt sad to see daghda go, and to see his gun hit agent the wall. the battles were awesome like always. i hope the next ep isn't another nov release like how ep 1 to ep 2 were

Technically ep 2 wasn't a Nov release, it was Oct 31 LOL

Anyway, during the ED...EARTH???

And some wild mass guessing:

EDIT: LOL after checking gundam.wikia.com I know answered my own questions.
entropy13Mar 6, 2011 10:40 PM
Mar 8, 2011 9:36 AM

May 2009
Apart from some re-used animation during the Kshatriya vs Unicorn fight, which didn't really bother me that much, this episode was simply amazing. I can't wait to watch the BD with japanese audio...
Mar 9, 2011 10:38 AM

Jun 2009
where can i download this???
Mar 9, 2011 2:45 PM

Mar 2010
Another epic episode from Gundam UC...

Anyway, there were so many overlapping themes and deja vu moments from Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta and Char's Counterattack. The fact that I've watched the old school Gundam helped me tremendously to understand the story revolving around the politics and the Newtypes.

Mar 11, 2011 8:09 PM

Aug 2010
Any Idea where I can watch this? Cant seem to find it anywhere...
Mar 11, 2011 9:06 PM

Nov 2010
Gundam Unicorn just reached a new level of mecha epicnes. but damn i wish they would release the eps sooner. i love the amount of detail they put into the mech designs.
Hokuto_no_FuzzMar 12, 2011 2:12 PM
Mar 12, 2011 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
Just watched it. Top notch quality as always and the soundtrack was pretty good. Although it wasnt as exciting as the other episodes it still was a good watch.
Mar 12, 2011 9:20 PM

May 2010
Somehow Glemy's cameo made me appreciate ZZ Gundam more...
Mar 13, 2011 12:40 AM

Apr 2007
Man, Gundam Unicorn makes me so happy... its like Christmas, my birthday, and the beginning of summer all at once when an episode comes out.
Blergh.
Mar 13, 2011 3:33 AM

Jul 2010
nice but fuck I have to wait months and months for the next.
Mar 13, 2011 8:14 AM

May 2010
Not bad even though there are some "people" who are i find it kinda sad to have died but still all this long wait is not a waste !!
Mar 13, 2011 1:33 PM

Jan 2009
This ep is good as always, but a little sad in the same time

Mar 13, 2011 2:08 PM

Apr 2010
Another impressive episode it was really nice to watch and i do which episodes could come out faster at times but as long as it are episodes like this i can't complain.
It was a really action packed episode and i feel like last episode had more story development and it added up nicely with this episode.
Hopefully next episode will be just as good.
Mar 13, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
Sigh only the ending was great , to bad there aren't more gundams :(
Mar 13, 2011 2:41 PM
Dec 2007
QKunai said:
Sigh only the ending was great

I agree with you stricly on a script and developments basis, but I'm still in awe at the animation, direction and music. It was incredible once again, even if a bit less dynamic and interesting than the first two OVAs. The last 15 minutes were really great though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 13, 2011 2:42 PM
Dec 2007
QKunai said:

I agree with you stricly on a script and developments basis, but I'm still in awe at the animation, direction and music. It was incredible once again, even if a bit less dynamic and interesting than the first two OVAs. The last 15 minutes were really great though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 13, 2011 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
I like it when main characters goes berserk and no one can stop him.

The story was still intact - less details but more it gave more curiosity to the watchers.

After watching this - the background feels better than before - Maybe its the ripper or the fps but it felt like the background was more alive and real than usual.

can't wait for the 4th one!!
Mar 13, 2011 3:35 PM

Sep 2009
I thought I stumbled upon troll subs when I read "Hyper Mega Particle Cannon," but then I listened a little more closely and they were actually serious. Gotta deduct points for that; sorry, Unicorn. That aside, it was a pretty nice action packed episode. The use of the music at the ending instead of some actual voice acting didn't really appeal to me though. I ;; at Marida's past and Daghda's death.
Mar 13, 2011 7:52 PM

Feb 2009
Another epic episode, can't wait for the next one. Unicorn is just plain badass, when it transforms and the NT-D activates, all hell breaks loose. The story of this ova is pure epicness, from start to finish, even the dialogue is rich and sharp. It has amazing animated action scenes an the music is top notch. All in one package, so far the first 3 episodes have been a 10, no disappointments so far, and I have the feeling that I will see none in the future.
Mar 13, 2011 10:34 PM
Feb 2009
shttt wtf just happened 0.0
Mar 14, 2011 10:56 AM

Dec 2008
Daghda sacrificing himself was really sad.
Poor Banagher.
Mar 14, 2011 11:49 AM

Aug 2009
Villetta_Nu said:
Daghda sacrificing himself was really sad.
Poor Banagher.

that part didn't make sense to me, I need to watch it again more closely because I don't understand why he had to die exactly, what did that accomplish?

Anyway, overall good episode. I wonder when we will get another...
Mar 15, 2011 9:00 AM

Jan 2009
subs our out on nyaa in 480p though and i just finished watching it
very good episode but damn 2 old people that are good natured died in this episode

the animation and action are great, i guess episode 4-6 will focus on mecha battle on earth
Mar 16, 2011 12:35 PM

Jun 2009
Almost shat brix when I thought Banana was going to kill Marida. Good thing he didnt, or else I'd have ragequited right there.

Also, Char is being an ass and that's awesome.
Mar 17, 2011 10:00 AM

Aug 2009
snowgreen said:

Also, Char is being an ass and that's awesome.

God I hope he is actually Char. I am going to cry if they do something stupid like make him a cyber newtype version of Char created by the Zeons, or some crap
Mar 17, 2011 9:24 PM

Jun 2007
k
yeah
i love this episode
but yeah Unicorn falls to earth wonder where it will land
Mar 21, 2011 9:53 PM

Mar 2010
Another astonishing episode from ''Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn''. As always, very pleased with the animation which it top notch! Audio was out of this world! And the story -got a little confusing- but managed to be awesome! God, I hate this waiting time! I just hope the next episode is a good as the rest! Loved the ED theme, by the way! Looking forward to the next!
Mar 25, 2011 5:09 PM

Aug 2008
I'm kinda suprised to see a ZZ character in this show. Kinda puts me into a nostalgic feeling, because I've like ZZ. I hope more cameos will come.
Mar 28, 2011 6:17 AM
Jun 2010
ah that was worth the wait i guess i still prefer the UC gundam more than all the other ones
Mar 30, 2011 11:45 PM

Nov 2007
It was just Kickass!

"I am gonna take you down if nothing else."

Bestest Gundam eva for me. So many things I wanted to write, for now, I will patiently wait for the coming episode as they all enter earth :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 3, 2011 6:21 PM
Oct 2009
Whens the next episode coming out
Apr 3, 2011 7:10 PM

Jul 2009
i was so confused this episode, holy shit.
and the bad subs didnt help either. ill stick to bss from now on, bad subs for a show like this turns it from a rating of 10 to a measly 6. and the gap between each release does not help either.
Apr 4, 2011 11:31 AM
Jun 2009
If you've watched the first Gundam (don't need to watch that necessarily, if you begin at Zeta Gundam it's good too) and then follow the UC timeline in watching the gundam series and you stop at Char's Counterattack, you'll be able to understand the Gundam Unicorn series much more. You'll also be able to appreciate this series much more and you'll simply won't be able to stop drooling every episode you see.
The whole Hyper Mega Particle Beam Cannon comes from Zeta Gundam. The name is totally cliché, but the creators didn't change the name of the particle beam cannon so that's thumps-up in my case.
I also loved the Gundam ZZ (pe-twelve who looked exactly like Elpe Puru) reference. I simply love Mineva Zabi, because she has grown into such a responsible strong leader. I think Char is proud of her. I hope he is. She has a mind of her own and isn't a puppet of Zeon.
The voice of Char is exactly the same, but I don't know if he is the real deal. The things he says are things Char would say, but at the same time I get the feeling that he isn't taking his mask of at all. You never see him relax like he used to do.

Anyway, I just love this series. It has the whole mysterious Newtype thing from the early gundam series and the art, graphics, music, etc of the present. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
Apr 4, 2011 1:15 PM

Jan 2010
Ugh..why did they have to go and bring up the Puru clones.

Out of all the awful things they could have brought from ZZ they had to bring the worst one. Goddamn you Sunrise.
Ok™
Apr 7, 2011 6:48 AM
Apr 2008
Jacut said:
QKunai said:

Agreed.
Apr 12, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
I was slightly disappointed by some reused animation in the first half, but it was a damn good episode yet again. This is definitely my favorite Gundam series, and the Unicorn is just such a nicely designed mech.

Can't wait for the next episode, finally on Earth are we? I'm guessing, as standard for Gundam, Banagher will have trouble adjusting to gravity for a wee while.

EDIT: Marida is such an odd contrast from the happy Ple I remember. She has such a depressing story.
PsychodrakeApr 12, 2011 2:15 PM
Apr 13, 2011 6:35 AM

Feb 2008
The show just keeps getting better and better :) A pretty epic death for Mr Special Forces Commander. And also, seeing the red unit with the mask damaged was priceless. A true beast.
Apr 14, 2011 12:11 AM

Jul 2010
So I guess Gundam needs device drivers as well huh? What was that, installing a new printer or something?

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed with the reused animations, but at least the last NT-D battle was cool so I'll overlook that.
Apr 23, 2011 7:32 PM

Mar 2011
Damn this episode was epic. The fights were amazing, Unicorn's a fucking beast. Poor Marida, had such a bad life. Unicorn is definitely going to be one of my favorite gundam series. Now begins the long wait for the next episode.
I hate you all.
Apr 26, 2011 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
"Fannel!"

Fannel: "Sorry, deaf!"

The fannel freak-out was cool. Geez, Unicorn is dangerous. Now my head hurts, I want to see what this mecha freak of nature completely is.

I like the Unicorn's beam gatling too.

shakeyourpup45Apr 26, 2011 3:09 PM
May 4, 2011 8:49 AM

Apr 2011
great episode. but i'm a little dumb and i don't get it who's the good side here . i myself think that the federation is the dark side
May 11, 2011 5:39 AM

Apr 2009
Marida is a Puru clone? Okaayyy what's next? Anyway I was saddened by Daghda and Gilboa's sacrifices. I hope episode 4 comes soon, the waiting will probably get to me...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 27, 2011 11:24 AM

May 2010
DanielV said:
great episode. but i'm a little dumb and i don't get it who's the good side here . i myself think that the federation is the dark side

umm, its zeon, if you're confused by this ova, you should go back and at least watch the gundam trilogy to understand it
Jun 28, 2011 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
GunDumb90 said:
DanielV said:

umm, its zeon, if you're confused by this ova, you should go back and at least watch the gundam trilogy to understand it

You say this like the Earth is always the good guy. The Federation was corrupt in Zeta. It's not always so black and white, and it shouldn't be. This time is seems Full Frontal is intent on starting a war and is the "bad guy," but we've already seen that people underneath Frontal are fighting on Zeon's side are trying to do what's right.

I can't believe people gushed so much for the first episode, where they didn't explain anything, but this episode where we actually understand the backstory and motivations of the characters a lot better, people are like, "It sucked until the end." This one was the best episode so far.

I wasn't even that big of a ZZ fan (worst of the Gundam shows I've seen), but I totally marked out for the one-second Glemy cameo.
Jul 8, 2011 6:16 PM

May 2010
unclesnapple said:
GunDumb90 said:
DanielV said:

You say this like the Earth is always the good guy. The Federation was corrupt in Zeta. It's not always so black and white, and it shouldn't be. This time is seems Full Frontal is intent on starting a war and is the "bad guy," but we've already seen that people underneath Frontal are fighting on Zeon's side are trying to do what's right.

I can't believe people gushed so much for the first episode, where they didn't explain anything, but this episode where we actually understand the backstory and motivations of the characters a lot better, people are like, "It sucked until the end." This one was the best episode so far.

I wasn't even that big of a ZZ fan (worst of the Gundam shows I've seen), but I totally marked out for the one-second Glemy cameo.

Well in Unicorn, the Federation are the quote unquote good guys unlike in Zeta, but I was trying to clear it up for him that the Zeon remnants are the main antagonists in Unicorn since he hasn't seen 0079, Z or ZZ
Aug 4, 2011 11:06 AM

Feb 2008
this was amazing. and i see unicorn takes the same route as the other uc gundams as it looks like it's approaching the middle "earth segment" of every gundam series.
Sep 10, 2011 1:16 PM
Sep 2011
ZakuHead said:
unclesnapple said:
GunDumb90 said:
DanielV said:

Well in Unicorn, the Federation are the quote unquote good guys unlike in Zeta, but I was trying to clear it up for him that the Zeon remnants are the main antagonists in Unicorn since he hasn't seen 0079, Z or ZZ

In Zeta, it's not the Federation, it's the Titan although Titan was created by the Feddie but its jurisdiction and operation doctrine are totally separated from the Federation.
And in UC, there is no definite "bad" or "good" side...what seems "good" maybe corrupted inside and what seems as "bad" may have a noble heart.

E.g : commander Daguza...
Watching U.C series, you should stop trying to identify the "bad" side and "good" side if you want to enjoy its goodness. Try to understand thing from different characters' point of view to be able to appreciate the beauty of the story.

And trust me, as the story unfolds before you in the next 2 OVAs, you may be horrified by the true intention of the Feddie and the Zeon...

So far, I only like series in the U.C : Gundam 0079, Gundam 0080 : War in A Pocket, Gundam 0083 Stardust Memories, Gundam 08th MS team, Zeta, ZZ Gundam, Char's Counterattack, F91 and Unicorn one of my favorite but not the best, the best goes to Gundam 0083 (pure grimness)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Oct 29, 2010

117 by Ten »»
Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MikelAL93 - May 16, 2014

297 by DivineLion »»
Mar 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BladedWarrior - Nov 13, 2011

93 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 19, 2010

215 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Mar 2, 2013

70 by Neemesis_2 »»
Sep 23, 2023 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.