Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2011 3:43 PM

Nov 2007
pretty boring until the end and then the predictable teacher being the bad guy. hopefully it gets more interesting. I mean he killed her dream, I didn't expect him to beat her up afterward to. who knows what the transfer student is up to.
Mar 5, 2011 6:45 PM

May 2008
Yui Moe~
Mar 6, 2011 12:24 AM

Sep 2010
this was really an interestsing episode...
nooo!!!!! Isana can't be possessed can she??? I hope she'll turn out alright
but if there's people here keeping up with the manga, then you should've realized that they skipped a few important details but I hope that they include those things later... other than that, this series is turning out pretty good right now

but is it just me or does iijima-sensei seem like the vessel of that freaky plant chick... i dunno, it seemed like he actually cared for the girl and then the split personality kicked in (reminded me of Yui and Engi with Yui's *tap tap* --switch-- I'm Engi!! sort of relationship)

not really sure, just thinking out loud
Mar 6, 2011 4:15 AM

Sep 2010
this series finally starting to go somewhere again, nice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2011 4:37 AM
Sep 2009
Merry and Engi... now introducing 3 more towards the final fight... John Dew will probably join in aswell, a fight total of 6. Getting exciting
Mar 6, 2011 5:05 AM

Oct 2008
Kind of had the feeling the teacher was evil since the beginning...
They gave him too much screen time

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Mar 6, 2011 6:26 AM

Aug 2009
So the only thing I am wondering is when Yumeji used his hand to look at Isana, what was it he saw?

Overall I liked the episode :)
Mar 6, 2011 9:17 AM

Jul 2009
Shit just got real.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 6, 2011 2:17 PM

Apr 2010
I somehow had my suspicion that the teacher would be the bad guy since last episode but that he would go as far as kicking his student's till there bleeding.
That's just going to far and to make things worse he was kicking a girl.
And he dares to call himself a good teacher.
I feel sorry for that girl first becoming a vessel for dream demon then losing her dreams and eventually being beaten up by that teacher.

Chizuru being Treesea's vessel didn't came as a surprise it was mentioned earlier on in the Anime as well if i am not mistaken.
I wonder what there objective is tho from what i am able to tell Treesea didn't take over Chizuru completely.
And Chizuru appears to be cooperating whit her.
And what was that gun lick object that collected a part of the Owl like dream demon?

Isana being the next target didn't come as a surprise either after last episode and Chizuru warned her about telling anyone about her dreams.
I really hope that Yumeji and Merry find a way to protect her.

A thing a am wondering about is that when a dream demon is killed his/her vessel loose there dreams yet Merry defeated several dream demons.
And there vessels didn't loose there dreams meaning that Merry does have the power to make sure the vessels don't loose there dreams.
Why doesn't she realize this and why did she hesitate?
Will they find a other way to overcome there enemy's or there fear or how are they going to deal with the next dream demon?

There is also the question of how Engi will deal whit her enemy's.
Yui was ones again adorable in this episode i really liked how she mentioned being Yumeji's onee san and Yumeji mentioning he was a year older then her.
Her logic and wisdom is also a joy to watch.
I hope Engi and Merry get there act together next episode tho as the story is going now it's awesome and i am wondering when John Doe will make his next appearance.

Rewston said:
So the only thing I am wondering is when Yumeji used his hand to look at Isana, what was it he saw?
Yumeji's saw the signs on Isana that suggest that she has become the vessel for a dream demon.
Which is why they showed concern for her.
Mar 6, 2011 3:57 PM

Oct 2010
Leonard93 said:
this series finally starting to go somewhere again, nice.

Now lets just hope it gets there in the next 4 episodes..
Mar 6, 2011 6:55 PM

Mar 2011
From what I've read, Mei wasn't Chris' vessel at this moment; Merry "killed" Chris before this. This is why Mei is not a "soulless".
It seems strange, but it's the only plausible explaination I've read.

I'm quite sure that there will be a second season; too much plot for 3 or 4 episodes. Also, the part with loli! Merry and young! Yumeji, which is in the opening. It is at the very beginning of the manga, so it have to be important.

Keep in mind that the manga isn't very advanced yet and still ongoing, so taking a break looks quite normal for me. The fact that they introduced a random character is also a hint for this.
They will not skip everything about Herakles, otherwise it wouldn't be here in the first place. It'll be like a shorter Shakugan no shana; The first season is here in order to introduce the universe, and the real story with the real antagonists will appear in a second season.
Mar 6, 2011 7:04 PM

Sep 2010
GOD DAMN IT, YUI, MY HEART. HNNNNNNNNNNNNG.
And not Isana! Anyone but Isana (also excluding Yui)!
Mar 6, 2011 7:16 PM
Dec 2009
Aversa said:

A thing a am wondering about is that when a dream demon is killed his/her vessel loose there dreams yet Merry defeated several dream demons.
And there vessels didn't loose there dreams meaning that Merry does have the power to make sure the vessels don't loose there dreams.

The people that were met by a dream demon like Minato and Mei weren't officially vessels yet though, since Mei was still being asked at that one time and that Chris guy was close to making Mei his vessel, but planned to resolve to Yumeji so he can actually meet her in reality. While others like the ones Treesea killed already had their vessels so they lost their dreams.
Mar 6, 2011 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
willardhwright said:
From what I've read, Mei wasn't Chris' vessel at this moment; Merry "killed" Chris before this. This is why Mei is not a "soulless".
It seems strange, but it's the only plausible explaination I've read.
Chris has been taking over Mei’s body for many time already, but returned her consciousness for their correspondence. Like what Merry told Yumeji, it’s already too late (in the meaning that it would be too difficult for Merry to get into the dream and kick the demon home; seems that she didn’t have the skill to do it yet. In Chris’ case, Yumeji forced him to open his daydream.
From the comic version, Elcrest (or Noir) once advised Landsborough to let his host’s consciousness once in a while, keeping the host relaxed. If the dream demon take over the body 24/7, especially when they hasn’t been controlling the body for long time, the human consciousness could wake up in unexpected times and make things difficult.
Well, Chris could’ve shared the body like Yui and Engi, and they can meet each others in dream, but maybe he didn’t thought of that :P

Grandius said:
I think that returning to the dream world is possible because Elcres in my opinion is able to cross the border between dream world and reality
Somehow he managed to cross to the human world, but not sure it means he know the way back too. This is especially if we just assume the real world is a lot bigger than the demons' dream fields, so it's easier to find around the vast emptiness.
So far, his ability is shining to every direction (and most came into dream worlds) that showed other dream demons the way to reach human world. In the comic version, Praty's talk with Engi seems to suggest that even though they know human world exist, they don't know where to look for it. El managed to find the way and then being the lighthouse he is, showed the real world's direction.
In the comic version, he can break things up like Merry. John mentioned he can pull and add other demon's dream into his own. But the nature of his power seems to be centered around him (thus, the lighthouse, just being there for everyone as guide).

Aversa said:
Why doesn't she realize this and why did she hesitate?
Will they find a other way to overcome there enemy's or there fear or how are they going to deal with the next dream demon?
John is probably the 4th or 5th dream demon Merry ever met. Engi killed lots of dream demons.
But both seems to leave without caring much about the host, so when Landsborough tell them, they are quite surprised to know the fact. Both might just assume as long as the human is unhurt, things will return to normal after the parasite is cleaned.
nseikaMar 7, 2011 5:42 PM
Mar 8, 2011 3:33 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, I wonder what will happen to Isana, and what role Chizuru will play in the last episodes. 5/5 the pacing finally seems to be good, so I have no complaints about the series.
Mar 8, 2011 5:48 AM

Oct 2010
This episode on one hand got me happy in the first half but in the second half with Ijima and Treesea made me pissed off! D: WTF at Ijima hurting that student. If I could get his address, I would so pummel this piece of shit SOB so bad, he would have his face shattered and body in a state beyond salvation. It certainly confirms that Ijima and Treesea are in together in this whole shit. What Maze mentions about dream demons and dreams being connected is no joke with Yoshida as proof. This is where Merry shines in being able to kill of demons by sending back without affecting the vessel’s dream lost problem whom Maze mentions. Another way around it is to have a meaningless dream to sacrifice as a pawn for the dream demon. I hate the fact that Isana at the end is now possessed by a dream demon. Merry to the rescue with Yumeji is needed. Isana and Merry are my 2 favorites. This cannot succeed on the part of Ijima and Treesea. They must be stopped! Merry is still the best of all through this episode I liked her as in the following,

where she faces Engi being quite hostile towards Yumeji. Now to elaborate on Ijima, Treesea, Isana and Chizuru before finally going through Merry, Yui, Engi, Yumeji and Maze.

About Ijima, he is now a enemy to me and also a fucking piece of shit SOB bastard! I hate him! I despise! I want him dead! Death will only be the best thing to happen to him for me along with Treesea and yes I am bitching. Yes I am mad! In fact from his first appearance with those glasses and the sun reflection I knew something was up but never I would have though as to what follows. This SOB teacher kicked/stomped Yoshida like she was some kind of thrash while giving her wounds going from bleeding (piece of shit teacher, I so want Yumeji to kick his ass! Better yet get Accelerator to shoot the SOB out!) to even a bruise on her back perhaps even giving her severe nerve damage in the back as seen in the spoiler
this is not acceptable! It is disgusting, frustrating and madness!
To no surprise Treesea is quite mad herself while Ijima with all these faces in the spoiler
is quite thwack himself. He needs to be shot along with Treesea. We humans do not accept what is done to us as we feel that it is sometimes what is done to one of our sisters/brothers reflects our own pain. Certainly that’s what I felt for Yoshida.

About Treesea/Yoshida, Yoshida at first was trying her best even reading at night her passion about being veterinarian through a book. That came quickly to end as she enters in daydream falling flat with a dream demon emerging from her. Upon Treesea walking up to meet the dream demon with a obvious fake smile, she loses no time in affirming that whether you are with Phalos or not, she will kill you if she feels like it. Her weapon among other is just as feared being vines with scythes and of course powerful physical strength as she kicks the shit out of that dream demon. While having maddening and insane face as suggests the spoiler
She certainly chops off that dream demon’s head and body. Slicing it up with blood splatter spurring on the rocks.What I feared the most of what Maze said comes to Yoshida in the spoiler
that of her eyes changing, falling KO onto Ijima while her dream fades away
shown only as rust being swept away by the wind from her veterinarian book that she was reading.

This is truly horrific! Imagine you worked all your life in school to achieve the dream of being a doctor only to have a dream demon attached to you by a bitch like Treesea that gets killed later to have your dream shattered. Thus also losing all purpose in studying for any of it and giving up what you studied all your life. Worst of all you may commit suicide or just become a bun on the street having lost all. Not fucking acceptable! I refuse this shit and thus why I hate anything demonic in general, I just don’t bitch about it too much since there is so much of it in anime in general. I hope Merry with Engi kills this shit ass bitch that implants dream demons like it was mentioned only to kill them off as a means to end all virtues of the human soul in regards to dreams. I only put her in my hall of fame because of her looks and powers. Don’t get me wrong.

About Isana, a poor human girl that is now involved because of a certain bitch * looking at you Treesea you shit! * and may lose her dream of painting. As I listen to her character CD, I cannot express how sadden I am of her having a dream demon attached to her. From the beginning, her sudden transportation to a day dream whom is clear in the spoiler
I wonder what is that under the cover exactly and I really though she escaped in time when she stepped back during that time. Isana can sure be scary with those glowing red eyes at Yumeji being with Yui while Yumeji does try to to cover himself through using Merry as a alibi with Isana being on fire. I love her facial expression of being sour full of jealousy towards Yumeji. She was cute funny when Yumeji mentions her being a picture illustrator at the train tracks. The end came as quite a shocker in the spoiler
as Yumeji confirms that she is possessed by a dream demon. I am truly sad due to this. I expect a full revenge by Merry and Yumeji while having excellent support from Engi/Yui.

About Chizuru, although very brief appearance there is something that baffles me about her. Completely have no clue even with some speculations. As she (most likely her dream demon) grabs a part of the dream demon killed by Treesea,WTF is that revolver look alike in the spoiler?
my assumption is that a)it gets its bullets through getting a part of a killed dream demon whom I suspect Sergio being one of those bullets in that revolver. It is most certain that all it’s missing is one more bullet and that the revolver is 6 bullet holder. If the last bullet is in and it is shot at Treesea, can it kill her? Oh please let it be so! I am hoping that Chizuru will join Yumeji’s army.

About Merry, she was lovely in both fighting and facial expressions. From the start against Maze a lovely one hit automaton head flying while Engi slices and dices the other one. Thus a lovely combo Merry did there. Merry had a adorable facial expression as she claims to Maze that she does not like to be associated to Engi at all and she of course is great as Maze sees her about to punch him through his one eye. I could not believe that Merry froze in front of Maze as he accuses her of being a dream demon killer. Must be that talk she had with Yumeji about killing so much dream demons. I loved Merry’s confused state when she did not know who is Engi and who is Yui. She was quite the funny one at wiggling Yui as she though she is still Engi while she remains great at being surprised when Engi tells her to hit her for hurting Yumeji. She looks so cool while getting ready to punch Engi in the spoiler
She did not really punch since it would obviously mash her up badly but still hurt her hand as it looks really red. I don’t really get that since she punched other things before and never got her hand red like that. I loved her blush face as Engi announces the end of her thoughts about Yumeji. As Yumeji says that he does believe that there is a way out of this Merry smiling while being with Isana was terrific! I like her most like that.

She did certainly great efforts here in giving some thoughts in what she wants to become in the future. In the end I am hoping that she will kick Treesea’s ass so badly it will send her to her death! Heck yeah!

About Yui Kounagi, quite funny and also emotional. Yui even though she is crying here looks cute with her blush. I do understand how she does not want Engi to be bullied nor anyone that is her friend. Loved Yumeji taking her hand in the spoiler
that was a great gesture on his part. Yui’s head knocking twice is cute and adorable. A great thing about her ways of getting Engi in taking control of her. I liked her somersault/hiding behind the rock and then creeping up on Yumeji as she does mention of her being there while went berserk mode over 9000. Lovely shape it was to serve to a nice explanation of what happens when a person puts their hands on you shoulders while you put your on theirs. Yui’s blushed face was another of her cute aspects and she was certainly hilarious with her light background with a Pinocchio nose. Most likely because it follows her shafting at Yumeji claiming to be older then her by year. I was like “Euh, Yui he is your senpai you know.” A very funny pose of Yui in the spoiler
In the end I hope she continues to be funny and emotional as she does a great job of it and I loved her true feelings towards Engi, it explained a lot.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, from the looks of seeing Chizuru in it, I hope she will help Isana more than anything and I don’t like the title of it. Hoping Isana does not stay dreaming in a coma.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 9, 2011 9:27 PM

Nov 2007
If something happens to Isana I'm going to be pissed... it seems like everyone is getting attacked so there's got to be some kind of way to save the possessed people or by the end of the anime the entire town will have lost their dreams and turned into mindless vessles.

Also if killing the muma destroys the vessles dreams, then why wasn't the class president (I think she's the class pres. she's the green haired girl who thought some guy liked her) turned into an emotionless empty shell when Merry killed the muma possessing her?
Mar 9, 2011 10:52 PM

Oct 2010
Shadow_Strider said:
Also if killing the muma destroys the vessles dreams, then why wasn't the class president (I think she's the class pres. she's the green haired girl who thought some guy liked her) turned into an emotionless empty shell when Merry killed the muma possessing her?
That's because Merry sends them back and does not kill them IMO. Maybe she sends them so they are trapped in another place from where they cannot escape IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 10, 2011 2:51 AM

Jan 2008
The episode was ok overall, however i'm really irked that they cut away a lot of the action this part of the series should have had reducing to about 5 mins worth.

The series is looking to end with a complete anime exclusive arc (as Treesea does not exist in the Manga) with little hope for a S2 outside a potential reboot later down the line.

A pity really - if the series a 24 episode run, i'd have some hope for some of the later aspects but as of now it would be pretty hard to intergrate this arc into the main manga plot.
Mar 12, 2011 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
Yui gets more and more awesome with each passing episode.
Mar 14, 2011 11:20 PM
Oct 2007
I can't wait to find out which dream demon in the teacher. He doesn't seem to be 'taken over' when he do those ****** the girl.

Treesea most likely reside as the transfer student vessel. The show should be a 7/10 for me at this pace.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2011 11:36 PM

Dec 2009
Kind of a predictable ending, though it still hit hard

kinda mixed bag of an episode, trying to be both funny and serious right after the other

awesome as always, starting to ramp up the drama
Love & Piece

Mar 16, 2011 12:13 PM
Jan 2011
Who can tell, that bastard-teacher kill that girl?
if that true.. :(
Mar 24, 2011 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
I'm pretty sure good old John Doe will show up again to offer some help. Guy doesn't seem like he'd become a villain.

Also, TreeSea did NOT posses the transfer student, as some of you are saying. Look at the eyes, Treesea had them in a trident-like pattern, while Chizuru's are X patterned.
The Teacher is Treesea's vessel... and he's a sick fuck, cause when he was kicking that girl, the eyes were normal, meaning that he was in control. If Treesea had been in control, his eyes would have had the same pattern as hers.
DmonHiroMar 24, 2011 5:46 AM
Mar 24, 2011 3:22 PM

Oct 2009
I hope Isana dream will be saved.
Mar 24, 2011 10:30 PM

Aug 2008
I'm satisfied. Event hough early on in the episode I was getting annoyed at the hesitance the "team" of Engi & Merry, progress was made and I got some good scenes. Sea of Trees massacre of the Muma and the beating of that girl were surprisingly brutal. Even if I expected the dream demon to get it, I wasn't expecting that girl's face to get kicked in. Damn!

Hopefully Engi & Merry can figure something out and make some real progress, because right now they don't have the plan or the guts to do anything right now.

Mar 25, 2011 4:15 PM
Mar 2010
what??? I'm so confused!!!! and this is positive, very positive!!!!
Isana, noooooooo... I thought she had an important role in this story, but kawanami.... who is she????

next to 10th ep
May 1, 2011 3:52 PM

Jul 2010
stevewiess01 said:

OMG! Yui is super adorable just like the previous episode. XD Also, I loved how she was able to switch back and forth with Engi by giving a couple of cutesy knocks on her head.

Alright, jokes aside, there wasn't that much progress in the plot as Yumeji, Merry, and Engi talks about how it is currently impossible to send back the muumas without actually "killing" them. Oh, we get to learn who the bad guy is!

yui is adorable, and isana's jealousy is soo funny, lol and yumegi still stood his ground. as for the teacher, well i knew somthing was weird about him, and i knew when the sun shined on his glasses that was proof of it, but when he started beating up the poor vet girl to the point of bleeding, that was so shocking. i wonder if he's the guy there looking for.

Dec 4, 2011 8:53 PM

Mar 2010
I have a feeling they built up this episode for the next (especially at the end) but will end up being some sort of a let down. Just that strange feeling I got. Otherwise, awesome episode. Looking forward to the next!
Sep 1, 2012 6:40 AM

May 2012
Great episode but the ending was totally fucked!
Oct 6, 2013 12:31 AM

Dec 2011
So they find out that "sending back" the muma not only kills the muma but also the dream.

And now Isana has become a vessel too. Put in her by Iijima...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 6, 2014 12:45 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode
Sep 23, 2015 12:20 AM

Jul 2014
I really want to go on to the next episode, but i also need to go to bed. ah the struggles of an anime-fan.
Dec 27, 2015 7:30 AM
Sep 2015
God that teacher gives me the creeps. Stay away!!
Jan 6, 2016 6:05 AM

Jul 2009
How is it that a show with only 13 episodes can be content with plodding along at such a slow pace? It's done very little to establish anything significant about Merry, Yumeji, or Pharos. This is one of the problems I've had with modern anime. Purposely withholding critical information for the sake of surprise reveals towards the end is a poor format for your show. If you tell me somethings early instead of dancing around the issue, it will give me an incentive to want to watch more as opposed to watching the next episode and crossing my fingers for something to matter.
May 29, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2009
i feel like they're forgetting some very important parts that's happened in this episode;
the people who's demon that Merry defeated didn't lose their dream ._. ....

also- i totally suspect the teacher now -w-'
but on the other hand, his rice-fetish seems out of place for a malign character -._-.
ah-....

at this point of the story, i'd almost wanna imagine the "lighthouse" to be that coffee-father...?

...oi,oi, aren't you -....
..is she dead ,_,'?

seriously though, why do they keep forgetting about that fact they've managed to keep people sane after exterminating their demons before ^_^'???
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM

Dec 2022
This anime is getting even better. It strings you along with low stakes and an apparent separation of the treatment of dream world and the human world for the most part, then this episode reminds you of the mortality of human beings too. The teacher appeared to kill or grievously wound one of his students, and also reveals himself to be the vessel of Jungle.

Chizuru is suspect herself, in a way. She tracks this guy down, but does nothing but observe him?

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.