Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 4, 2011 2:07 PM
Feb 2011
Freaking cliffhangers! How do they work?
Mar 4, 2011 2:27 PM
Oct 2008
-Last five minutes were pretty good

- Mustache-twirling villain is terrible. Hey, Japan, stop using this villain type in every single series!!!

-Giant-breasted woman was, visually, beyond stupid.

-"Clain is a perv" jokes are so stale that they're covered in mold. Just. Stop.

-Clain going blank when asked about Nessa was dumb. How about friend, acquittance, or travelling companion, Clain?

-Nice cliffhanger.

-18 minutes of nothing is happening, two minutes of plot-important stuff finally happening. That's the entire series, so far, in a nutshell. They've got 4 episodes to do things right, so hopefully they use that last bit of time well.
Mar 4, 2011 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, that was a great episode. Loved the animation, the pacing, all very good.
Xanadu looked awesome, but I liked Clain saying it was too 'cold' for him in the end.
I felt like punching Enri at the start of the ep, but lo and behold, she actually did something admirable.
Clain crossdressing reminded me a lot of Joey from Heroman, instead Clain had Nessa to safe the day (and much more effective lol).

Phryne's passive reaction when she was assaulted was odd. Combined with that flashback, I get the impression she was abused/raped, which makes that Temple guy all the more creepier.

Iilia said:
Anyone know the voice actor for Collin, the guy on life-support? (Dias all over again...) Sounds like Kamiya, Hiroshi with his Orihara Izaya voice to me, but I don't know for sure.

Anisamar said:
That blond guy, Collin, is voiced by Kamiyan, isn’t he? Sounds exactly like Izaya…

Yep, it's Kamiyan for sure!
Mar 4, 2011 3:19 PM

Sep 2008
I would be staring at those boobs and still be in that bed with that loincloth if I was in Clain's position.

Clain is such a loser.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2011 3:24 PM

Apr 2010
Shit just got real.
Mar 4, 2011 4:19 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic ending scene and cliffhanger, plus the animation was huge (meaning that they actually have a nice production going on).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 4, 2011 4:20 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic ending scene and cliffhanger, plus the animation was huge (meaning that they actually have a nice production going on).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 4, 2011 7:07 PM

Sep 2010
this is just getting more and more weird.. first 2 episodes were interesting, after that it became random and meh
Mar 4, 2011 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
Getting to that city and stuff was really random. Glad Nessa's powers "awoke" or whatever you want to say, because that was pretty cool. So that guy is old and stuff and can only live within Fractale huh?
If they kill off Clain many expectations would have been surpassed. Will be even more joyous if they kill off Phryne :D
Mar 4, 2011 7:14 PM
Dec 2007
choyos said:
Amazing episode.
what up with Phryne? When she was a bout to get rape/molested/assaulted (call it w/e u want) she had a weird flash back and kinda just gave in. Is this why she believes she doesn't deseve to be love?
Obviously that scene openly implies what some others had thought about in previous episode discussions, that Phryne was indeed neglected and abused in the past. The way they talk about her did give that inkling.

And I assume the last part where Clain's body passes right through Nessa is implying that he's in the verge of dying.

Mar 4, 2011 7:23 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode.
Mar 4, 2011 9:02 PM

Mar 2010
The end of the episode was quite a shock to me. Poor Clain... ;(

Anyway, I noticed some quality drops/inconsistency in character's drawing, though I suspect it is due to the studio spending more budget on the background drawings and 3d effects, which actually looked pretty good.

Mar 4, 2011 9:44 PM

Sep 2008
ecstaesthesia said:
I'm not sure what to make of Fractale. Does it want to be an ecchi harem comedy or a serious show about the implications of a surrogate society? It's not very good at either yet. At least it's refreshing?

This, exactly. Sure it is pretty good visually and the setting has provides lots of potential but I don't know what this show is really trying to do.
Mar 4, 2011 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
The beginning was slow, but once everything started picking up, it became intense. Nessa's hidden powers seem to be the "key" to this all, and the religious group is finally returning. Clain's death? Seems unlikely.
Mar 4, 2011 10:05 PM
Mar 2011
ecstaesthesia said:
I'm not sure what to make of Fractale. Does it want to be an ecchi harem comedy or a serious show about the implications of a surrogate society? It's not very good at either yet. At least it's refreshing?

Are we watching the same show? This series is far from a ecchi harmen comedy.
Mar 5, 2011 2:30 AM

Dec 2010
Awesome! Didn't see that one coming!
Nessa is the shit... apparently.
Mar 5, 2011 7:47 AM

Aug 2009
Now that's what I'm talking about!
Putting aside the lame and repetitive pervert jokes at the beginning, this episode is exactly what this show needed to pique my interest again. The previous two episodes with their sleep-inducing quality made me somewhat bored by the anime, but after this one I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll pull out off the hat next.
Nessa's power is truly formidable, she's like walking EMP.
Mar 5, 2011 9:07 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was epic in regards to Nessa’s over 9000 super Saiyan level 5 powers as in the following,

now that was insane but I am surprised no one wondered as I did about Phryne.
About Phryne, did anyone think that Phryne may have been abused sexually let alone perhaps even raped losing her innocence based on the spoiler
I mean if looking at it in order, one moment she is struggling against her assailant pushing him away and the next moment she sees him as a dark shadow licking his lips with his tongue as if saying I want to savor you sexually and to further add her eyes changed and she was like in a “do anything you want to me” state as well as her looks towards Barrot. It almost seems like he may have done something to her. Regardless it kind of passed through my mind as the possibility especially after more attention was given to Nessa and

Phryne could have been the most beautiful girl in the temple thus a prey for the males there. If Enri did not come to save the old shit would screw her. BTW fuck the old Asian glass monkey ass shit SOB for what he did to Phryne in the spoiler
dude assaulting her for saying not what he wanted about his art? I think I would assault the dude to feed him to lions while LMAO at his pathetic Hyde. It may maybe far fetched as a idea but when you think about it from Phryne’s part here while she is saying that she has no right to be loved by anyone, it does ring a bell that some victims of rape in other anime series did mention that upon getting raped add to that she said she hates love, what other reason may she have for that if rape was not involved or a certain sexual abuse to make her see love as hate.

About Nessa, Nessa overdid herself and thus showed her true powers of being the key. From the start she looked kind of funny while looking down on Clain. The first love I got from this episode about Nessa is when she was with Clain on small ship I will call it. Clain’s reaction to her being close was great. My favorite of Nessa’s face is in the spoiler
even though she is sick, her face looks so cute. Nessa being found in Xanadu due to her searching for Clain resulted in a another cute face of hers despite being sick. I still loved the fact that Clain grabbed her hand in being worried about her. That was just lovely. My favorite one of that part still remains the finger promise in the spoiler
that Sanko taught her. Nessa’s eye became scary as Clain got infected with a terminal virus, Nessa was wild in the spoiler
What she did resulted in a massive ultima a la FF that turned out into a ooze consuming all Fractale related area including the engulfing the whole city itself and it affected the old Asian fart that tried to sexually abuse Phryne into a electrical push back as well as the priestess on the ship shocking them and blowing them back. The end result brought back Xanadu as it was, that of a city in ruins overgrown by vines.

About Clain, his cliffhanger makes me worried a lot about him. From the start him taking of pictures of the old man working with a younger family member on the ship was quite interesting as it showed a little bit of the maintenance done on the ship. However that changed quickly when he was caught by Enri as he was making that shy face due to him seeing all these bras and panties. For a minute where Clain was aiming his camera I though it was between the legs of Enri while it was really towards Phryne and Sanko. It’s really incredible how they portrayed him being so shy with Megan that his whole body was red. As things went smooth on the ship it suddenly got what I believe a instrumental disruption. Thus making Clain with Nessa go into panic mode and as such crashed landed the ship. Clain was quite surprised over Xanadu’s environment and was quite embarrassed at his clothing since it was custom to dress like that in a city where everyone would be suspicious of him otherwise. Upon seeing those eyes glowing of those knight statues, his falling down was so funny and oh god that panty shot cannot unseen it. I think that if he tried stopping that ax the way he timed it, he would be sliced in half. You are supposed to do it at the right time.

Things started to move much more at Xanadu as Clain spying on Megan and Collin while they admit of informing the cult of their presence most likely for a monetary reward. So starts the escape where Clain almost got sliced out by one of the knights. IMO I would have dumped those shoes. They are ineffective at running. Any girl would tell you that. I loved how Xanadu was shown behind while carrying Nessa in the spoiler
From there Clain’s worst shit happened that he never asked for. Clain gets infected what is referred to a virus worm that infects his terminal Thus him being in incredible pain and suffering. Enough to make Nessa go over 9000 for him. The end as the knight approaches him with a weird monkey on top of it and informs Nessa that her attacks don’t work because he has a autonomous software that is not Fractale connected and autonomous, is where shit happens. Because it is autonomous type it having software to materialize a gun is quite possible and plausible. The the person inside of it really looks sick as there can be seen what looks like blood packs with a cleansing system and there is oxygen supplying system. Thus indicating that the guy was not able to live on its own like Clain without having medical support that is quite advance. As what happens in the spoiler
occurs to Clain my reaction to it was: “OMG Claiiiiiinnnnnnnn! Noooooo!” while the it ends with Phryne seeing Barrot. Damn it! Clain got shot and is bleeding out. OMG if the bleeding is not stopped and the bullet removed he will die damn it! Furthermore I hope no vital organs have been damaged.
Rest in spoiler as Yumekichi11 is sad.
About preview, there is none but I hope Clain lives on and strengthens ties with Phryne/Enri more due to his situation.
Yumekichi11Mar 6, 2011 2:43 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 5, 2011 10:05 AM

May 2010
This was a mindblowing ep.

My reaction was from : ) to O_O
Mar 5, 2011 1:28 PM

Nov 2009
The whole last half was amazing. Besides the look of the city, the first half wasn't that good but overall an awesome episode.

I wonder how they will save him and escape the church. Unless they say they will heal him as long as they co-operate. (the medical care is spotless apparently from the system)
Mar 5, 2011 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
Very suspenseful episode. I did not expect Nessa to have such destructive powers.
Clain getting shot was wut. I wonder how this will continue... It'd be kinda funny if Clain died.
Mar 5, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
Shock! Nessa was amazing!

this episode also proves my opinion that whenever Kamiya Hiroshi plays a minor character, it's usually a "bad" guy
Mar 5, 2011 2:31 PM
Feb 2011
I just saw it today. is it just me or does anyone else think that this show could EASILY be made into a 26 episode series instead of just 11 episodes? there seems like there is alot of info here. i hope the ending doesnt feel rushed or incomplete or even worse not elaborated on enough.

I like Clain and Nessa alot but i tell you something bad is going to happen and this pairing can probably never happen. i feel it.

As for Clain and Phyrne, i remember that her wish to the evening star was that "clain's smile would last forever." if that doesnt sound like sad ending material i dont know WHAT does. i dont particularly care for this couple very much, but then again she hasnt shown much of her true self or feelings. just alot of anger and dismissiveness. cold even. so i cannot say for sure. there may be hope here, but that wish hangs over everything.

I had my suspicions about the blond haired girl from the start. after this episode i think i really like the idea of the two of them. however possible it ends up being.

oh yeah, clain was shot through the chest. that cant be good.
Mar 5, 2011 3:27 PM

Aug 2010
WHAT AN ENDING!
Mar 5, 2011 5:21 PM

Aug 2010
omg omg HE SHOT CLAIN!!! O__O

I did not see that coming at all. Nessa powering up like that was awesome! This was the best episode to date!
Mar 5, 2011 11:40 PM

Jul 2009
shit just got real
and see kids, this is why you dont online date
Mar 6, 2011 1:13 AM
Mar 2010
I'm surprised Phryne was only hurt that much when she got beat with a jar o_o
Mar 6, 2011 3:09 PM

Oct 2010
I found this ep really enjoyable, seems like the plot is defiantly getting better.
Mar 6, 2011 8:21 PM

May 2010
I expected Nessa to go into beast mode after that virus, and I wasn't disappointed.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Mar 7, 2011 7:24 AM

Nov 2009
When an anime can straight up shoot its main character then it definitely gets points from me. Even more if Clain dies from the gunshot wound. I can see the series ending with Clain dead and Lost Millennium taking down the Fractale system. I guess only time will tell.
Mar 9, 2011 6:31 AM

May 2009
It feels like the show keeps throwing us around, all over the place.
One episode, it's all slow, colourful and happy.
Then, a episode later, you'll have gunfire and people dying.

The city was gourgous, although living in a world you cannot touch would be rather empty and pointless, as Clain pointed out.
And nessa going super-saiyan? Totally made the episode for me.
Although I am getting very, VERY tired of the whole: Clain's a perveeeeert! thing.
Mar 12, 2011 7:14 PM

Apr 2010
OMG! Clain was shot!! >.< waaah..but still this is a super awesome ep
Mar 16, 2011 4:11 PM
Mar 2010
Crazy episode, but very important.... does Clain shoot??? What Phryne will do?? who is Nessa??
This episode give us these question.... and probably next episode give us response.... there are only 4 episode....

next to 8th ep
Mar 30, 2011 5:44 PM
Oct 2007
What a CLIFFHANGER!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2011 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
Meegan's hot and Clain got shot.
Apr 5, 2011 4:15 PM

Aug 2010
My body wasn't ready
Apr 9, 2011 4:13 AM

Sep 2008
I'm glad I left this till it finished airing and now I'm marathoning it.

Really underrated anime. At least it is so far. Unless the ending is completely crap, I don't see how it scores so low other than the general populace being retarded...as usual.
Jul 10, 2011 12:38 AM
Jul 2010
So the "key to the world" is actually Nessa. Interesting. And wow, who would have guessed she was this powerful! An the last scene... It was unexpected but didn't have the impact it should, I guess. Probably because I don't like the characters that much...

And I'm also getting tired of the "Clain is a pervert" jokes. It's not funny anymore and kinda ruins it for me.
Sep 8, 2013 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, beautiful animation
Dec 6, 2013 11:33 AM

May 2012
Oh wow that ending! Really impressive, things sure are developing quite nicely! Can't wait to see what's next!
Jan 10, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
Xanadu was evil!

Nessa unleashing all that raw power was epic but then Clain got shot!!! D:

I did not see that coming, so sad!

Why are all the hot ones in this evil????
Jan 18, 2021 10:54 AM

Jan 2019
So it seems that the new female character is actually the doppel of that weird old man in the cave

And that guy voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi being connected to a life support or something reminded me of the Shelter music video. Come to think of it, there are many similarities between that music video and this anime :O

(sorry I forgot their names so I just described them lol)
Feb 4, 2022 12:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah my above was right. Freakin pervert old man had a pretty lady doppel and almost rape Phryne. That's really surprising matter. But there's still mystery hang there, especially about Phryne encounter with the vagued black being. Nessa suddenly got sick and Clein almost beguiled by the maginificent of Xamandu city. But all of it just a lies, and he understood what Nessa feels there. Too bad something bad happening to Clein in the end, get shot by another Fractale fanatic, which somehow might become the end of the boy journey. Lets hope not....

Also, finally Enri talked about Phryne relationship with Clein. I found it kinda tickling, and there's a little hope inside of me that those little girl from Granitz family ended up with Clein somehow, after all those chaos. They both really match-up as a pair. You know what i mean? Lets hope first Clein was not really death next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.