Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 20, 2011 10:32 AM

Oct 2008
Beach episode with character development!
Beach episode without eyecancerously ridiculous levels of fanservice!

Must be a first.
Although, the music of this series is still killing my enjoyment of it.
Feb 20, 2011 3:33 PM

Oct 2010
This episode absolutely cruel in regards to Masaru having seen the death of his own demon comrade Delga. It truly gave a good portrait of Treesea’s cruelty and powers. Apart from the fan service, I think we got a possible correlation between Treesea and Chizuru, although I am not too sure about that; I cannot shake off the feeling she was acting weird with her wandering. There is too much correlation between plants, water drops and Treeseas’s powers although I am baffled at why she would take Masaru as a vessel if she has already Chizuru less she prefers them younger. The other good thing to mention is Merry’s resolve through Yumeji’s hero therapy of Sprain, which Merry apparently watches as a show. Treesea’s cruelty best shown is the following,

anybody who licks their defeated bloods is a sign of a cruelty and even more when they judge how that blood tasted IMO.

About Treesea, there was a major intro and power intro about her. The first thing that comes to mind is that she was smart enough to make Delga come out by trapping Masaru in a pike cage. Delga make me think of something from Dragon Ball, don’t know that person’s name but he is the green alien in that series. Treesea sure trolled me with her cute appearance in the spoiler
she gave a first impression of innocence. As if that was not enough I was thinking that Delga throwing her around actually made her look weak going as far a Delga slamming her into a wall making her KO. Completely got trolled when she wakes right away and transports with leafs behind Delga. That is the first powers of Treesea manifesting as in she can dematerialize herself from place to another with the leaves. Although not sure if you can stop those you can catch her and contain her. A cruelty ignition started with her face expression and red eyes that the symbol looks like a baby tree. Soon after she can use vines to have the leaves transform into spears sharp enough to pierce through.

Her cruelty extends to her reaction towards the one of Masaru in the spoiler
that shows very well her pleasure, making a poor kid suffer and traumatized as seen how he is after the fight here. Going as far as throwing out the mask that he got signed. In the midst of all this Treesea can keep a fake smile. She killed Delga through a random summon of pikes to most likely pierce him if no torture him in the process. Probably might have been since she got blood splatter. As much as it did not look cruel this kid is traumatized for some time until he forgets all about it. Not sure if he ever will but one thing for sure is that his Power Ranger fun is over. I don’t think he ever will be interested in them at all. One thing I can see that is strange enough to assume at least a relationship of Treesea and Chizuru is that she already had her eyes on the kid way before he signed that mask. To further add she appeared right after Treesea licked the blood. Chizuru’s expression at that time signified somehow IMO that she did not like it but phased out and decided to forget all about it. Kind of like being in a trance of “This did not happen.” There's also the water ripple part that is part of the correlation I mentioned earlier.

About Merry, good comedy and a dilemma that got resolved thanks to Yumeji. This episode really did great with her face close ups, reactions and emotionally tearing in the spoiler
I think it’s quite commendable as IMO this episode did them best of all others. From the start I laughed as Merry was all confused about her training with orders. She was way too nervous to do the job but that was part of the comedy. Yumeji scored good with her in that part by catching her as she lost her balance. A good move to get close to her. Start Merry having flashbacks of Engi and what she said. That’s a start of a internal conflict of what Merry stood up for in the past 10 years but Yumeji denying the possibility that her version was the absolute truth. In fact that is what changed Merry’s aspect on all this. I also think what Engi knows may not be the absolute truth but only what she thinks. Kind of surprised Merry stopped Yumeji from seeking out dream demons but it most likely was that in her state she did not want any of that.

Comes some interesting Merry fan service close up of the famous vagina bone and it’s been shown better in episode 4 while Merry was fighting that dream demon of Hitomi but I think a Merry ass close up was fine too. Comes the coolest part in the spoiler
not only did Yumeji completely made Merry change her again, she is kind of stubborn in believing what others say. That may be a bad thing for her since it can translate into being naive/gullible. Regardless the sunset with Merry/Yumeji was great and her emotionally too. Based on that I really want a fuck everyone and Yumeji/Merry live happily to where Merry has to go having beaten all the bosses they had to. Think it’s feasible?
Rest in spoiler
About preview, holy shit Phalos is coming up and he sure has that creepy smile! *shrugs* More Yui in different clothing and being playful? Oh yes please, she is such a nice girl but Engi I hate. Who the heck is that! Please don’t tell me it could be a form of Phalos because it looks weird. It will be interesting for sure to know what it is next episode. Excellent fan service episode, not too much but satisfying especially the vagina muscle gag but that’s not exactly what was meant.
Yumekichi11Feb 20, 2011 4:26 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 20, 2011 11:23 PM

Oct 2010
So Treesea pretended to be a weakling for a moment, just to give the kid false encouragement and his "hero" to give out a cheesy speech about how merely faith can grant an invincible power, pretty muck like all the superhero cliche's out there. Then she comes back with overwhelming force and plays around with the hero, slowly torturing him while the kid begins to lose hope as he helplessly watches, before the hero is finished off in a gory way, causing the kid to no longer believe in any Heroes of Justice. I just love how a child's dreams are horribly crushed to pieces in this kind of manner. >:D

Also, Yumeji was a real 'Bro' towards Merry back there, if ya get what I mean.
LeRealFeb 20, 2011 11:33 PM
Feb 21, 2011 1:28 AM

Aug 2010
It was nice to see Yumeji not going nosebleeding all over the place just because he can see girls in swimsuits, I'm getting tired of kids like those. He was trying to cheer up Merry so badly, nice guy. I give the episode a 4/5 because the pacing still seems to be a bit off, and the end was a little too cheesy for me, could have used more work on that part.

Ps: from the comments it seems I'm one of the few not watching the series with trollsubs. Interesting.
Mogami-kunFeb 21, 2011 1:54 AM
Feb 21, 2011 2:27 AM

Sep 2009
That's messed up what happened to that boy. That was a pretty interesting fight though.
Feb 21, 2011 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
Surprised there was actually development :O
So that red haired girl ... I'm assuming she actually has something to do with this? That Treesea person would fit her, because the vines I thought was seaweed or something at first, except I don't think so ... hmm ...
What happened to the little boy was sad. Explains everyone losing their motivation though ... if their dream demon friend gets defeated? Guess the're not all that bad ...
Lol Saki and that poet guy? XD
Feb 21, 2011 8:32 PM

Jan 2009
This episode was sorta slow, but it wasn't all too boring. Still not into the main plot though.
Feb 22, 2011 12:02 AM

Nov 2009
slow episode, poor kid & lol the sea of treesea was siiick
Feb 22, 2011 9:04 PM
Jul 2008
Just a other typical beach ep. Not very good.
Feb 23, 2011 4:49 AM

Mar 2009
damn it.. all the subbers for this anime is pretty bad. vagina bone for GG. Font fail for Ayako. :(
Mokyuu♥~!!

Feb 23, 2011 5:56 AM
Feb 2009
when that delga muma showed up i knew he going to die soon coz he is obviously "oh look, another minor char" but he earn my respect for died protecting the child dream (still fail tho...)

btw, i dont think chizuru is the vessel for lotti treesea since the muma mark in chizuru eyes is a cross (see ep 3), treesea might not even have a vessel yet
flame_tiongFeb 23, 2011 6:01 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 23, 2011 1:51 PM

Oct 2010
flame_tiong said:
btw, i dont think chizuru is the vessel for lotti treesea since the muma mark in chizuru eyes is a cross (see ep 3), treesea might not even have a vessel yet
That's what I though could be a problem but then again that would mean that Chizuru's muma is interested in Treesea perhaps? It's just too strange she was looking at that boy while drinking her coffee, which may mean her muma was observing that kid.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 24, 2011 2:51 AM

Apr 2008
flame_tiong said:
Ah, so it’s cross shaped ?
*still trying to find back the scene to no avail*

If it's cross shaped, then it might be “Sonar” (Musouka/dream seeking song) Clione, her ability involve tracking back every dream demon she have met before.

While still on eps 3, Mistletain killed Serio… so seems like her sea of tree is not simply forest of tree but also hunting (massacre) ground.
nseikaFeb 24, 2011 2:57 AM
Feb 27, 2011 2:01 PM

Oct 2009
Mar 9, 2011 3:16 PM
Mar 2010
Very nice episode!!! probably one of better episode...
I didn't expect so much, I tought it was actually beach clichè... instead it is very important!!! there are two suspect charas: Yanamami and blonde-hair yumeji's friend.... and it appears Treesea!!! She is interesting, really!!!

next to 8th ep
May 1, 2011 2:52 PM

Jul 2010
YoshiBoshi said:

Oh lawd.

this made we wonder if i was reading it properly or not. but he IS kinda rite, its just weird how he actually said it and she responded normally as if this has been discussed between them.

Jun 20, 2011 9:38 PM

Mar 2010
Beside the fact that this was a 'filler-like' episode, I still really enjoyed it and would probably consider it just a regular episode. I'm surprised they introduced the character on such a small scale. Oh, well. Looking forward to the next!
Sep 1, 2012 5:31 AM

May 2012
Great beach episode the kid that lost his dream was kinda depressing but for the rest nice episode!
Dec 3, 2014 12:45 AM

Sep 2012
Lol. Vaginal bones
Sep 22, 2015 4:41 PM

Mar 2010
Quite a nice ep eventho ppl consider it a filler, it isnt a bad one to me at least.

Filler in 13 ep serie isnt promising.. Anyways it is getting interesting with this forest girl.
I suspect her working together with chizuru
May 29, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2009
uwaaahh-.... that's eeevil ;_;'

-...i can't wait until that bitch is taken down =_='

also,.....i don't wanna accept the thought that they actually die.... that'd be just too sad ^_^'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 10, 2023 2:42 PM

Dec 2022
Jungle looks a lot like Chizuru, besides her radically different personality.

イ乇刀乇乃尺ム乇
㊎ ㊰
☽ Shaded Horizon ☾

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.