Forum Settings
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2011 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The new chapter is out in the March issue of Bessatsu Shounen magazine. It's on pages 252 - 277. There are no color pages this month. Ranko is featured on the title page.

The chapter title in Japanese is, "Shoubu" ("Competition") and the English subtitle is, "Orgy of the Dead". (As usual, the English subtitle has nothing to do with what goes on in the chapter.)

This is the matsuri chapter, with Rea and Darleen attending with Chihiro, and then they all run into Ranko at the goldfish pool.

Not a lot happens. Darleen eats too much sake-ice and passes out. Rea and Ranko come to an understanding. But it is still well written and nicely illustrated.
Mar 1, 2011 8:27 AM

Dec 2010
another nice chapter! this manga deserves alot more...
Mar 1, 2011 8:54 AM

Jan 2009
"You wouldn't think she's 14..."
Oh and, I still don't like Wanko.
OosranMar 1, 2011 9:01 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 7, 2011 8:39 AM

Nov 2009
Rea has been thinking that Chihiro only pays attention to her because she's a zombie. She really needs to get out of that mindset, and I think Wanko is helping her do that.

Rea needs to not try to be considerate of Wanko's feelings, "it's a contest after all."
Mar 7, 2011 10:10 AM

May 2010
Poor furuya left alone but at least he got that drunkard girl beside him!!
Mar 9, 2011 11:23 AM

Oct 2010
This chapter was interesting about Rea and Ranko's interactions during the festival. It starts out pretty good when Ranko points out to Chihiro about finding him and Mero's friend cannot believe how Rea is a zombie. I liked how Rea was happy in her first time during the festival. It showed quite nicely with her expressions along with Ranko being positive also. I have a feeling even though Ranko admits being defeated here she still hides a lot by joking around Chihiro.

I mean she showed more of her true feelings in last chapter with Chihiro. The real fun really starts with Ranko and Rea being alone. Ranko actually announcing her family runs a restaurant was very interesting background info as well as them forcing her to go to to Sanka school. What comes in the following spoiler
is the best part of this whole chapter, that of Ranko declaring rivalry on Rea and them agreeing to a mutual agreement for competition on Chihiro. The game is on and I fear should Rea lose control she might make Mero and Ranko into zombies such as most covers of this manga indicate.

Well looking forward to more chapters of this series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 7, 2011 3:28 PM

Nov 2007
he's right you really wouldn't think she was 14.... how? she looked so much older when she first arrived. it's like they decided to de-age her to make her part of the harem. I like Ranko and she's probably the only one he can end up with. He kind of only is interested in Rea because she's a zombie. before she was friendzone .... but could he actually do something .... with a corpse?
Jun 1, 2011 12:53 AM
Mar 2009
So they're friendly rivals, what's more, Ranko is actually very perceptive and encourages Rea. Wow, sad to know that one could lose herself in an instant.
Jul 6, 2011 2:07 AM

Apr 2009
With this, their competition has now been formalized, and the love triangle is now official! Ranko's pride wouldn't allow her to pull a fast one over her confused rival, so she sets Rea straight, puts some fighting spirit in her and prepares to compete head to head for Chihiro's love!

All behind the back of our oblivious, erstwhile protagonist Chihiro, who still faces a mountain of trials before him, like preserving Rea's body and maintaining her sanity...
Aug 14, 2011 5:48 PM
Feb 2011
Good job for straightening her up, Ranko. The real competition starts now! :)
Mar 9, 2012 9:24 AM

Jul 2009
Well, fish can consume flesh, so it would be somewhat logical they were lured to Rea.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 30, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
Good chapter as always.
There's still so many chapters left, I wonder what will happen
Aug 31, 2015 5:27 AM

Jun 2013
Poor Wanko. You're not at disadvantage but you have no chance at all because you're a childhood friend.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 56 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Sep 5, 2014

84 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 23, 1:07 PM

» Sankarea Chapter 56.1 Extra Discussion ( 1 2 )

End - May 27, 2015

95 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 4 Discussion

Laevantein - Mar 17, 2010

49 by Kitsu-nee »»
Oct 29, 2023 3:20 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 1 Discussion

RobinotX - Mar 6, 2010

15 by removed-user »»
Mar 4, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 13 Discussion

dbaranyi - Dec 15, 2010

26 by Niamhyuwu »»
Oct 15, 2022 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.