Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2011 8:46 PM

May 2008
I'm sure many have noted already that Mami is likely not dead, because we don't know what happened to her soul gem after she "dies". Homura may have retrieved it amid all her teleporting.

I'll take that a bit farther and imagine that something happened in a scene after her death that we didn't see, and she likely staged this incident with Homura's help. I'm wondering if Homura's ability isn't teleportation but actually some sort of time freeze ability which would aid in this. It's even possible that Mami is sharing control of Homura's body..... but I digress.

Just when you start thinking that madoka won't get any deeper, it does. I'm glad to follow and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. When the shit hits the fan it will be so beautiful.

Also Kyuubey's evilness was showing through a little more than usual in this episode. He really must be getting impatient, drooling over Madoka's soul.
sakaFeb 10, 2011 8:49 PM

I am a banana.
Feb 10, 2011 8:48 PM

Jan 2010
Dammit! I was hoping Kyouko would kill Kyubey.
Feb 10, 2011 8:57 PM

Dec 2009
I really wanted Madoka to kill Sayaka like this :o .... damn it >_< ...
Feb 10, 2011 8:59 PM

Apr 2010
saka said:
I'm sure many have noted already that Mami is likely not dead, because we don't know what happened to her soul gem after she "dies". Homura may have retrieved it amid all her teleporting.

If the manga is to be believed, it shows Mamis decapitated body after Charlotte killed her, and her soul gem was on her hat. Plus, her clothes went back to her school uniform right when she was killed, thus the power of the jewel was gone. I'm pretty confident Mami is still dead.

Feb 10, 2011 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
So there could be a possibility that Mami could be revived (if her body was somehow found). Homura does have her Soul Gem.

This show just manages to keep pilling on the suspense.
And the OST for this show is absolutely amazing.
Good music can make even a terrible show decent.

Good music + good writing + great characters = Madoka

And what is Walpurgis Night?
OmniknightFeb 10, 2011 9:05 PM
Feb 10, 2011 9:03 PM

Apr 2010
Omniknight said:
So there could be a possibility that Mami could be revived (if her body was somehow found). Homura does have her Soul Gem.

To clarify, it was Charlottes grief seed that Homura picked up at the end of Ep. 3, not Mamis soul gem. We've never seen Mamis soul gem since her death

Feb 10, 2011 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
I'm anxious to see how this ends now. Getting Kyubey to be the bad guy is too easy, I'm looking more at the others. Homura and Mami (yea I said it >:D) are the 2 prime suspects for me, I'm not taking the "Kyubey is evil" bait.
Feb 10, 2011 9:07 PM

Dec 2007
LOL. Kyubey just gets eviler and eviler as every episode goes by.

So basically the more magic you use the more tainted your soul becomes.
Feb 10, 2011 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Omniknight said:

To clarify, it was Charlottes grief seed that Homura picked up at the end of Ep. 3, not Mamis soul gem. We've never seen Mamis soul gem since her death

Is it a currently established fact? I know the "gem" had the shape of witch's seed, but for a few seconds while she was holding it, it looked very similar to Mami's gem, with the orange hue to boot.

Around 22:06 Episode 3, Nubladder subs.
Feb 10, 2011 9:11 PM

Apr 2010
Omniknight said:
Is it a currently established fact? I know the "gem" had the shape of witch's seed, but for a few seconds while she was holding it, it looked very similar to Mami's gem, with the orange hue to boot.

Around 22:06 Episode 3, Nubladder subs.
The "orange hue" may be from the fact that Charlotte had consumed Mamis soul gem, so Charlotte also had the power of Mami in her. Though this does bring up the question that if Charlotte had consumed Mamis soul gem, and Homura took the grief seed with that power in it, would that be enough to revive Mami?
desolatoFeb 11, 2011 12:01 PM

Feb 10, 2011 9:15 PM

Nov 2010
MarthX said:
Fuzzhx said:
very good episode indeed. but damn i dont know how much longer i can wait, i want Madoka to make the contract already. the season is already halfway over.

Pretty freaking obvious that Madoka making the contract leads to something bad happening. Which is why Homura wants to prevent it and Kyubey is so insisted on doing it. He's doing everything he can to pressure her into doing it.

The show isn't about Madoka being one, it's about preventing her from doing so.

chill out man, all im saying is i want to see how badass Madoka is in magical girl form.
Feb 10, 2011 9:18 PM

Nov 2010
SPOILER ALERT.
KYUUBEY IS A EVIL BASTARD.
Feb 10, 2011 9:19 PM

Apr 2009
That was some good trolling. Though the thing that impressed me the most was HORIZONTALLY SCROLLING DDR.
Feb 10, 2011 9:26 PM

Feb 2010
Would've been A++ tier if Sayaka died, but if she did die it would disprove the theory of her becoming the giant witch in EP1.

Kyubey talked about storing witches grief seeds, and what with the talk of this giant witch night coming up, i can't help but feel Kyubey's about to have a great big JUST AS KEIKAKU moment
Feb 10, 2011 9:32 PM

May 2009
RyanSaotome said:
The "orange hue" may be from the fact that Charlotte had consumed Mamis soul gem, so Charlotte also had the power of Mami in her. Though this does bring up the question that if Charlotte had consumed Mamis soul gem, and Homura took the grief seed with that power in it, would that be enough to revive Mami?
Orange Hue may also been reflection from the sun setting, it was going down. However to clear it up even more Mami's soul gem (The Shiny jewels on the girls outfits seem to be their soul gems when fighting so the orange flower thing is Mami's) was on her head. Not her hat. So it got chewed up good. Even if it didn't Homura made the witch explode. No way the jewel would have made it after that. Kyuubey said that the only way to die is if your soul gem gets broken. So I don't think that is possible to revive her even if the seed absorbed her power.
desolatoFeb 11, 2011 12:01 PM
Feb 10, 2011 9:32 PM
Mar 2010
Hey Diddle Diddle
The nursery rhyme on Madoka's computer. I have no idea what it means though >_>

I wanted Sayaka to stay dead, but the truth behind the soul gem made up for it. And QB finally shows his sadistic, evil side behind his :3 face.
Feb 10, 2011 9:35 PM

Nov 2010
I don't know why, but the only word to describe this episode for me was "Heavy".

WHY does everyone want Sayaka to die! D: Sure it would be a great plot revelation, but then madoka would be completely alone surrounded by people she can't trust, and she'd still have Kybui on her case with the mahou shoujo stuff....wow, that actually sounds pretty awesome and dark....
Feb 10, 2011 9:40 PM

Apr 2010
herox3 said:
Hey Diddle Diddle
The nursery rhyme on Madoka's computer. I have no idea what it means though >_>

I wanted Sayaka to stay dead, but the truth behind the soul gem made up for it. And QB finally shows his sadistic, evil side behind his :3 face.

I was just about to post that. I really want to know whether it has any significance.

Edit: Here's the screeny of it with the dialogue of when the reference was displayed:
KracksicklesFeb 10, 2011 9:43 PM

Feb 10, 2011 9:49 PM

Dec 2008
IIRC, you need both a body and Soul Gem in order to effectively revive Mami and we all watched Charlotte consume her body whole (followed by Homura's systematic destruction of Charlotte); I think the Soul Gem repairs the body moreso than it actually reconstructs the body from nothing once the Soul Gem is retrieved.

This episode was very revealing of Kyuubey's character overall; now it's established that Kyuubey's morals are not equivalent to the rest of the cast's and I think this is the turning point where everyone will now walk their own paths.

Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Feb 10, 2011 9:51 PM

Nov 2010
HitoriTomoyo said:
IIRC, you need both a body and Soul Gem in order to effectively revive Mami and we all watched Charlotte consume her body whole (followed by Homura's systematic destruction of Charlotte); I think the Soul Gem repairs the body moreso than it actually reconstructs the body from nothing once the Soul Gem is retrieved.

This episode was very revealing of Kyuubey's character overall; now it's established that Kyuubey's morals are not equivalent to the rest of the cast's and I think this is the turning point where everyone will now walk their own paths.

Uh.. I'm pretty sure when you pass out and you wake up, you want to ask . "What happened?"
Feb 10, 2011 9:53 PM

Feb 2010
Why would Madoka ever become a Mahou Shoujo at this point!?

I mean, after she knows the price to be one....

Kyubey is sketchyyy.
Feb 10, 2011 10:11 PM

Apr 2009
For those wondering whose grief seed Sayaka used to purify her Soul Gem, it's likely to be Elly's. There's a bunch of squares and boxes which might allude to her TV screen's and her being the Witch of the Container. Also damn SHAFT for not showing Sayaka picking it up.

This episode just had a lot more revelations and it's likely a lot of theories, mainly evil Kyubey and Time Traveller Homura are going to get stronger. More about my thoughts on the episode here.
Feb 10, 2011 10:15 PM
Aug 2009
Ah, the series that keeps on giving. As evil and demented as Kyubey is, he's one of my favorites. only for the reason of wanting to see his horrible death later on lol. As soon as Madoka's mom openned her mouth, I knew Madoka would kill Sayaka, by doing EXACTLY what she did. Would have had more effect if it was perminant, but still awesome. Horray for twisted series :).
Feb 10, 2011 10:20 PM

Nov 2007
RyanSaotome said:
I was thinking this, but I don't see how its possible. If she was Madoka, how would she have gotten back to the past, because it seems her goal is to stop Madoka from becoming a magical girl, and if Madoka became a magical girl in the past, then her wish was used up. So how would Madoka be able to use a wish to become herself in the past?

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Speculah:The_Time_Travel_Theory
Yeah it has flaws, so I'm not completely sold to the Homura = Madoka theory. Also it would be too obvious. It's just that Madoka fits the Faust pt.1 and Homura the Faust pt.2

wasabi said:

I honestly see zero relevance to FSN other than cliche character archetypes. Homura as Archer is only barely true if this so called time travel theory is even true. Madoka and Shirou might share similar naive and idealistic views, but so do lots of other protagonists in other shows.

I agree, the comparison between Madoka's characters with Fate's is farfetched.
My main point was the Shirou = Archer thing. There have been enough Fate references in this show to make people wonder if the same scenario might be true for Homura and Madoka. And remember Urobuchi wrote Fate/Zero (another reason for it being too obvious btw).

Nana-chii said:
Orange Hue may also been reflection from the sun setting, it was going down. However to clear it up even more Mami's soul gem (The Shiny jewels on the girls outfits seem to be their soul gems when fighting so the orange flower thing is Mami's) was on her head. Not her hat. So it got chewed up good. Even if it didn't Homura made the witch explode. No way the jewel would have made it after that. Kyuubey said that the only way to die is if your soul gem gets broken. So I don't think that is possible to revive her even if the seed absorbed her power.

Add to that Homura's words that a MG dying in a witches realm is lost forever, so I highly doubt we'll see her again as a MG. Maybe as a witch?
Feb 10, 2011 10:21 PM

Apr 2009
Kyuubey = Jigsaw.
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Feb 10, 2011 10:22 PM

Dec 2010
Loved Sakura and Homura as soon as I saw them earlier in the other episodes.

lol, I want the characters to question or become suspicious of Kyubey's insistence on turning Madoka into a magical girl is suspicious.

Madoka's mom gave some decent advice there, but Madoka didn't execute the idea well.

I hope that Walpurgisnacht week means next episode.
Feb 10, 2011 10:24 PM

Nov 2008
Lihn said:
WHY does everyone want Sayaka to die! D: Sure it would be a great plot revelation, but then madoka would be completely alone surrounded by people she can't trust, and she'd still have Kybui on her case with the mahou shoujo stuff....wow, that actually sounds pretty awesome and dark....
^Don't be surprised. Most people here are sadistic enough to let Sayaka die and see Madoka grieve to the point that she becomes crazy and perhaps slit her wrist. I don't want Sayaka to die either, she's the only one that Madoka trusts the most.

I think I know when Madoka becomes a Mahou Shoujo:
People who are disappointed of Madoka not being the "best main chara" and not being a mahou shoujo should drop this by now because Madoka wont become a mahou shoujo... maybe xDD

I think the soulgem has more secrets about it. It made me wonder after Kyuubei ate the grief seed after Sayaka transferred bad elements. Why was her soulgem corrupted? Does it has something to do when Sayaka and Kyouko fought each other? I can't buy Kyuubei's explanation about using magic will make soulgem corrupt. I think soulgem absorbs bad elements when the user is bad herself - Sayaka wanted to kill Kyouko at that time and then Kyuubei benefits from it. It has the same concept as hunting witches if that is the case...

Message for Kyuubei: Stop using same deceiving tactics again and again. "The only way to save Sayaka is for you to be a mahou shoujo. :3" Madoka won't buy it now.. I hope xDD

I also wonder why Homura stopped pursuing Kyuubei when Mami is already dead before Sayaka became a mahou shoujo o_O
DenjaXFeb 10, 2011 10:28 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 10, 2011 10:27 PM

May 2008
wow good episode. The souls actually being in the soul gem(haha obvious much?) was kinda easy to see. Not easy to see Madoka throwing Sayaka's off a bridge. Kyubey was Kyubey. Two theories on Homora:1)Madoka travling back in time. Obviously many people know this one.2)This is my personal theory.I think Homura is actually Madoka mom in a younger body. In the scene where Madoka and her mom were talking there were many times where madoka's mom looked just like homura. especially the eyes. Also that would explain why Homura is so concerned with Madoka and it would explain why her mom has such a pessimistic Homura like attitude concerning the world.

Also was it just me or was that Mami's voice saying she made Sayaka's dream come true at the end of the episode? Kyubey....... wtf are you up to?
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Feb 10, 2011 10:31 PM

Jul 2010
The person that hated this ep and disliked it are trolls :P it was completely amazing, im still in awe
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Feb 10, 2011 10:44 PM

Feb 2008
I kind of figured Kyubey was an evil asshole with how he was acting the last couple episodes.

Sayaka actually dying, though? I dunno about that. We had a major character die only three episodes ago and things are already pretty dark. I hope she sticks around until the very end.
Feb 10, 2011 10:55 PM

Aug 2008
I've always thought Kyubei was evil; now I have proof!

Seriously though, Sayaka reviving was so anti-climatic. It would have been better for Madoka to realize that she had just killed her best friend.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 10, 2011 11:04 PM

Oct 2007
has Madoka transformed?
Feb 10, 2011 11:06 PM

Sep 2009
I still can't get over how awesome this show is. I predict this will get a high rating from me. Exactly what rating will depend on the ending.

A lot of interesting things in this episode. Homura appeared to be teleporting. Also the whole revelation with the soul gems, even Kyouko was surprised. Was cool to see someone actually get angry at Kyubey like that (someone besides Homura).
Feb 10, 2011 11:40 PM

Nov 2007
LMFAO KYUBEY. trolololol. how can a cute, furry, little thing be so cunning & manipulative?

when are they gonna develop homura's character, I'M SO CONFUSED ABOUT HER.
Feb 10, 2011 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
Miki's part-death was amazing. After all, it was pretty obvious that the Soul Gems are literally Mahou Shojou souls, and, considering it's Urobuchi's writing, Miki dying wouldn't be surpising (albeit sad, for Madoka's sake). It's the fact that Madoka almost killed her friend there by doing something she thought was right and for the better. Holy fuck.

Though, honestly I really do wonder if Kyubei is really evil. The explanation behind the Soul Gems and why he seperates the spirit from the body, though discerning and freakish, is somewhat convenient (or so he thinks; it's really flawed). Not only that, he stated he doesn't understand why humans are so freaked out about their souls being seperated, possibly showing that he, as some magical fuzzy thingy, doesn't understand how humans think?

These are just thoughts here. I'm not throwing out the possibility that he may be evil, but ... it just seems TOO obvious. The way the show is portraying him, especially to the viewers, may just be a red herring. Just like how the promotions and the beginning of the show flaunting Mami as one of the main characters, even though she played a small role (but critical, since she taught Madoka and Miki how MS live... and die).

He is, however, sneaking any ways possible to make Madoka a MS, thus not really clearing any suspicions. He comes at the RIGHT TIME, and keeps dragging her into watching from the sidelines making for good use of, "Heeyyyyy Madooookaaa. Become a MS in this VERY CRITICAL MOMENT OF LIFE AND DEATH or else everything will be all your fauuulllttttt."

On a different matter, since it was stated that MS's abilities depends on the wish, then I wonder if anything happened to what's-his-face when Miki died for the moment? I really believe that if something happens to the MH, then their wish will be undone. Nothing probably happened, since she did come back, but the possibility....

If I'm not coherent, then meh. I'm really just throwing thoughts around. Be free to pick it apart.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb.
Pyjama-samaFeb 11, 2011 12:27 AM
Feb 10, 2011 11:56 PM

Aug 2010
Really interesting episode as it sets a definite plot arc in the series, the Walpurgis Night.

I would just like to point something out regarding the "Homura is from the future idea". How do we know that the dream that Madoka had in episode one was really a dream? I believe Madoka was on the verge of making a wish and becoming a Mahou Shoujo and then she wakes up.

Perhaps Madoka used her wish to send everyone back in time. Although, that would not explain why Madoka remembers so little while Homura seems to know more.

I first thought that the dream scene was a premonition to the final episode, but maybe it really was the past. One would still have to work out why Homura seems to have her memory intact though.
Feb 10, 2011 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
Pyjama-sama said:
Mami tied her up, dipshit, you were right there. Homura couldn't do anything until after Mami died and her magic dissappears.

Actually, she wasn't there. Remember, Sayaka was watching the witch with Kyubey so she couldn't have known Homura was there or that Mami tied her up without listening to her.
Feb 11, 2011 12:02 AM

Feb 2010
I still don't think Kyuubey is evil... I think he's a bit of a jerk and he also he seems to have some kind of other motive, but I don't think he's evil. As for Homura being Madoka.... really? Why do you guys like this theory so much? If she was, wouldn't she see things like Mami dying coming? I don't think she has time traveling, otherwise catching the car would be much easier. Stupid speeding car btw. I don't really have any personal theories, but I think the theories on Homura seem a bit flawed. There really are a lot of options out there. Perhaps she has lost a huge friend in this fight and wants no one to get caught up in all this. As for why she's so fixated on Madoka, there's the whole competition thing, but I really don't know about that. All I'm trying to say is that perhaps you guys are reading into this too much because these big theories don't seem to feel logical in my mind. Maybe I'm just not getting something.

Also, Sayaka didn't see Homura get tied up, only Madoka did. They didn't meet up with Sayaka yet.
Feb 11, 2011 12:16 AM

Jun 2009
@ Neogen and garfield15
*Facepalms* Whoops, that's right. My bad.
Pyjama-samaFeb 11, 2011 12:21 AM
Feb 11, 2011 12:28 AM
Feb 2011
I read all the posts and didn't see it, but Sayaka won't die until she finds out that her wish was wasted on a guy that doesn't want to see her anymore. Kyoko was correct in that he liked her when nobody else cared but now that he's the big shot again then she'll be chopped liver.
Feb 11, 2011 1:01 AM
Aug 2010
Well we really have a big clue as to what the witches probably are, they are probably the magical girls who fail to catch enough grief seed and have thier soul fully corrupted by the magic they use. (you can tell this because soul gems and grief seeds look almost the same) considering how potent Madoka would be as magical girl/ Witch it makes sense that someone from the future would want to stop her genesis.
Feb 11, 2011 1:11 AM

Feb 2010
interesting ep Sayaka almost died because Madoka made a epic fail misstake....
Feb 11, 2011 1:13 AM
Nov 2010
Good episode since it finally explained Kyuubey is not evil, he's just alien. He does not have human emotions, nor does he understand human emotions. Hence the lack of empathy up until this point.

The contract now has more weight, about how much the contract actual costs and what fine prints are there. Clearly most of the mahou shoujo's don't know what they got themselves into. The underlying tone is more and more like FMA now, except the soul weights infinitely more and what wish can be worth the same as a human soul exchanged?

One mystery is how much Mami knew or didn't know.

Predicting Sayaka to be her unreasonable self and retaining hostility towards Homura (or Homura prevents Madoka/Kyouko from telling Sayaka what happened), Homura is really shaping up as the exact opposite of what she preaches, she meddles too much.
Feb 11, 2011 1:32 AM

May 2010
Wow, I hate Kyubey but I hate Madoka more I want to strangle her to death. Even without knowing what the Soul Gem was, she shouldn't have thrown it down there.

And I loled at the part when Sakura said "You just turned us into zombies!" XD They should've read the Terms of Service before clicking the I Agree button lololol just kidding. Kyubey is such an a$$.
Feb 11, 2011 1:33 AM
Jun 2008
Madoka has big potential?? I wonder what makes her so special =.=z"
Feb 11, 2011 1:38 AM

Nov 2007
That episode preview with Mami's voice (?) makes me think of the "Mami wished to not die and is thus near immortal" theory.

And Madoka pisses me off. Yay for Sakura and Homura though.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Feb 11, 2011 2:53 AM

Sep 2008
Didn't Mami already say that the soul gem is a Mahou Shojo's life? And also that a mahou shojo must never allow themselves to be separated from it. I mean the specifics of the mechanics was welcome information, but it didn't exactly come out of left field.

Even if it hadn't killed her that way, it would almost certainly have resulted in Sayaka's death. I mean really. Leaving Sayaka powerless in front of two enemies of overwhelming power, at least one of which is willing to kill and not to picky about the whole honor thing? Not a good idea if we want her to survive this experience. Really the only thing that saved anyone is that Kyouko was too distracted by this revelation to finish the job.

Loving how Madoka's turning out. She is destabilizing fast. I know I've said that when she becomes a mahou shojo it's gonna be because she's snapped and it won't be pretty, but... yeah. Not gonna be pretty.

Developing a huge crush on Kyouko^^
Feb 11, 2011 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
Watched it with subs now. And aside from QB showing his true unethical self, I noticed he picked up a new tactic: warning Madoka for Homura.
I think he realises now who Homura is and will try to persuade her Homura is the bad guy. As for QB being evil or not, I think it would be more interesting if what he's doing is actually for the greater good.

My main question now is: Homura having so much knowledge on the workings of the MG world, why doesn't she use it to prevent Madoka from forming a contract?

tanner33 said:
Sayaka won't die until she finds out that her wish was wasted on a guy that doesn't want to see her anymore. Kyoko was correct in that he liked her when nobody else cared but now that he's the big shot again then she'll be chopped liver.
Yep, I'm with you on that. I expected it to happen sooner (ep 4), but the guy moving out of the hospital without letting her know are the first signs.

Denjax said:
It made me wonder after Kyuubei ate the grief seed after Sayaka transferred bad elements. Why was her soulgem corrupted? Does it has something to do when Sayaka and Kyouko fought each other? I can't buy Kyuubei's explanation about using magic will make soulgem corrupt. I think soulgem absorbs bad elements when the user is bad herself - Sayaka wanted to kill Kyouko at that time and then Kyuubei benefits from it.
You're forgetting Mami. Her soulgem had turned a lot darker after killing that witch.
Sayaka had a Grief seed, which means she has killed a witch offline.
Feb 11, 2011 3:14 AM

Sep 2008
I won't be pleased untill Kyubei is stomped to death, followed up by getting chomped down by Charlottes reincarnation.
Feb 11, 2011 3:24 AM

Jan 2010
Things learnt this episode: Mahou Shoujos HAVE to be withing 100 meters of their soul gems because that literally is their soul and would die without it. I thought so!!! In the scene Kyubey turned sayaka in to a mahou shoujo it looked like her soul was getting ripped out and turned into the soul gem. We also learned that their bodies are "Shell like" now that their soul is in the gem. Hmmm we also learned that a dangerous night where a really hard to defeat or alot of witches will come in 2 weeks... I believe that that night will be the very first scene we saw in the show.

Now onto the episode I found it really nice to find out that much information about mahou shoujos... The moment Madoka threw the gem off the railing I thought "thats a bad idea something reallly shitty is going to happen now" and I was right. Sayaka died... but came back!!! I actually wouldn't of minded if she died like that... anyway i was surprised Sakura didnt know all that stuff about Mahou Shoujos... I wonder how much Homura knows???

Animation wise the scene madoka was talking to her mum was really nice!!! When it showed the ice in the juice/alcohol it looked almost real!!! The only thing that really bugs me in this show is the eyes and face... Sometimes the eyes look weird and the face to fat... But usually the eyes are nice ans crisp and the face doesn't look all fatty.

Last thing to all the people that think Mami might be alive still I think not because what Homura took after killing Charlotte was her grief seed I think. After Charlotte is beaten we also see this:

That looks like Mamis soul gem all beaten up so therefore to the new knowledge we learned this episode I classify her as dead~
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.