MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica »» Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion

Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

398 81.39%
4 out of 5: Liked it

66 13.50%
3 out of 5: It was OK

17 3.48%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

5 1.02%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.61%
Voters: 489

02-10-11, 8:46 PM
Forum Moderator
I'm sure many have noted already that Mami is likely not dead, because we don't know what happened to her soul gem after she "dies". Homura may have retrieved it amid all her teleporting.

I'll take that a bit farther and imagine that something happened in a scene after her death that we didn't see, and she likely staged this incident with Homura's help. I'm wondering if Homura's ability isn't teleportation but actually some sort of time freeze ability which would aid in this. It's even possible that Mami is sharing control of Homura's body..... but I digress.

Just when you start thinking that madoka won't get any deeper, it does. I'm glad to follow and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. When the shit hits the fan it will be so beautiful.

Also Kyuubey's evilness was showing through a little more than usual in this episode. He really must be getting impatient, drooling over Madoka's soul.
Modified by saka, 02-10-11, 8:49 PM

02-10-11, 8:48 PM

Dammit! I was hoping Kyouko would kill Kyubey.

02-10-11, 8:57 PM

I really wanted Madoka to kill Sayaka like this :o .... damn it >_< ...

02-10-11, 8:59 PM

saka said:
I'm sure many have noted already that Mami is likely not dead, because we don't know what happened to her soul gem after she "dies". Homura may have retrieved it amid all her teleporting.

If the manga is to be believed, it shows Mamis decapitated body after Charlotte killed her, and her soul gem was on her hat. Plus, her clothes went back to her school uniform right when she was killed, thus the power of the jewel was gone. I'm pretty confident Mami is still dead.

02-10-11, 9:00 PM

So there could be a possibility that Mami could be revived (if her body was somehow found). Homura does have her Soul Gem.

This show just manages to keep pilling on the suspense.
And the OST for this show is absolutely amazing.
Good music can make even a terrible show decent.

Good music + good writing + great characters = Madoka

And what is Walpurgis Night?
Modified by Omniknight, 02-10-11, 9:05 PM

02-10-11, 9:03 PM

Omniknight said:
So there could be a possibility that Mami could be revived (if her body was somehow found). Homura does have her Soul Gem.

To clarify, it was Charlottes grief seed that Homura picked up at the end of Ep. 3, not Mamis soul gem. We've never seen Mamis soul gem since her death

02-10-11, 9:05 PM

I'm anxious to see how this ends now. Getting Kyubey to be the bad guy is too easy, I'm looking more at the others. Homura and Mami (yea I said it >:D) are the 2 prime suspects for me, I'm not taking the "Kyubey is evil" bait.

02-10-11, 9:07 PM

LOL. Kyubey just gets eviler and eviler as every episode goes by.

So basically the more magic you use the more tainted your soul becomes.

02-10-11, 9:08 PM

RyanSaotome said:
Omniknight said:

To clarify, it was Charlottes grief seed that Homura picked up at the end of Ep. 3, not Mamis soul gem. We've never seen Mamis soul gem since her death

Is it a currently established fact? I know the "gem" had the shape of witch's seed, but for a few seconds while she was holding it, it looked very similar to Mami's gem, with the orange hue to boot.

Around 22:06 Episode 3, Nubladder subs.

02-10-11, 9:11 PM

Omniknight said:
Is it a currently established fact? I know the "gem" had the shape of witch's seed, but for a few seconds while she was holding it, it looked very similar to Mami's gem, with the orange hue to boot.

Around 22:06 Episode 3, Nubladder subs.
The "orange hue" may be from the fact that Charlotte had consumed Mamis soul gem, so Charlotte also had the power of Mami in her. Though this does bring up the question that if Charlotte had consumed Mamis soul gem, and Homura took the grief seed with that power in it, would that be enough to revive Mami?
Modified by desolato, 02-11-11, 12:01 PM

02-10-11, 9:15 PM

MarthX said:
Fuzzhx said:
very good episode indeed. but damn i dont know how much longer i can wait, i want Madoka to make the contract already. the season is already halfway over.

Pretty freaking obvious that Madoka making the contract leads to something bad happening. Which is why Homura wants to prevent it and Kyubey is so insisted on doing it. He's doing everything he can to pressure her into doing it.

The show isn't about Madoka being one, it's about preventing her from doing so.

chill out man, all im saying is i want to see how badass Madoka is in magical girl form.

02-10-11, 9:18 PM

SPOILER ALERT.
KYUUBEY IS A EVIL BASTARD.

02-10-11, 9:19 PM

That was some good trolling. Though the thing that impressed me the most was HORIZONTALLY SCROLLING DDR.

02-10-11, 9:26 PM

Would've been A++ tier if Sayaka died, but if she did die it would disprove the theory of her becoming the giant witch in EP1.

Kyubey talked about storing witches grief seeds, and what with the talk of this giant witch night coming up, i can't help but feel Kyubey's about to have a great big JUST AS KEIKAKU moment

02-10-11, 9:32 PM

RyanSaotome said:
The "orange hue" may be from the fact that Charlotte had consumed Mamis soul gem, so Charlotte also had the power of Mami in her. Though this does bring up the question that if Charlotte had consumed Mamis soul gem, and Homura took the grief seed with that power in it, would that be enough to revive Mami?
Orange Hue may also been reflection from the sun setting, it was going down. However to clear it up even more Mami's soul gem (The Shiny jewels on the girls outfits seem to be their soul gems when fighting so the orange flower thing is Mami's) was on her head. Not her hat. So it got chewed up good. Even if it didn't Homura made the witch explode. No way the jewel would have made it after that. Kyuubey said that the only way to die is if your soul gem gets broken. So I don't think that is possible to revive her even if the seed absorbed her power.
Modified by desolato, 02-11-11, 12:01 PM

02-10-11, 9:32 PM

Hey Diddle Diddle
The nursery rhyme on Madoka's computer. I have no idea what it means though >_>

I wanted Sayaka to stay dead, but the truth behind the soul gem made up for it. And QB finally shows his sadistic, evil side behind his :3 face.

02-10-11, 9:35 PM

I don't know why, but the only word to describe this episode for me was "Heavy".

WHY does everyone want Sayaka to die! D: Sure it would be a great plot revelation, but then madoka would be completely alone surrounded by people she can't trust, and she'd still have Kybui on her case with the mahou shoujo stuff....wow, that actually sounds pretty awesome and dark....

02-10-11, 9:40 PM

herox3 said:
Hey Diddle Diddle
The nursery rhyme on Madoka's computer. I have no idea what it means though >_>

I wanted Sayaka to stay dead, but the truth behind the soul gem made up for it. And QB finally shows his sadistic, evil side behind his :3 face.

I was just about to post that. I really want to know whether it has any significance.

Edit: Here's the screeny of it with the dialogue of when the reference was displayed:
Modified by Kracksickles, 02-10-11, 9:43 PM

02-10-11, 9:49 PM

IIRC, you need both a body and Soul Gem in order to effectively revive Mami and we all watched Charlotte consume her body whole (followed by Homura's systematic destruction of Charlotte); I think the Soul Gem repairs the body moreso than it actually reconstructs the body from nothing once the Soul Gem is retrieved.

This episode was very revealing of Kyuubey's character overall; now it's established that Kyuubey's morals are not equivalent to the rest of the cast's and I think this is the turning point where everyone will now walk their own paths.

Can you stand up for yourself?
Can you face your fears?
Can you see what I see?
Can you seize the day?
Can you tell me what you think?

K <3 S

02-10-11, 9:51 PM

HitoriTomoyo said:
IIRC, you need both a body and Soul Gem in order to effectively revive Mami and we all watched Charlotte consume her body whole (followed by Homura's systematic destruction of Charlotte); I think the Soul Gem repairs the body moreso than it actually reconstructs the body from nothing once the Soul Gem is retrieved.

This episode was very revealing of Kyuubey's character overall; now it's established that Kyuubey's morals are not equivalent to the rest of the cast's and I think this is the turning point where everyone will now walk their own paths.

Uh.. I'm pretty sure when you pass out and you wake up, you want to ask . "What happened?"

Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices