Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 29, 2011 5:56 AM

Apr 2009
So Fractale = Shitty version of the Matrix. And Clain = Pussy version of Neo.
Jan 29, 2011 7:05 AM

Sep 2007
Ok, now that was what I was expecting from this show!

Jan 29, 2011 8:00 AM

Jul 2010
woo. phryne is involved in brain washing. never thought her sister is the one controlling those star machines but phryne sad face in the end and why she stole that key and ran away. maybe she's against all these things?
Jan 29, 2011 8:39 AM

Dec 2008
Fractale just reminded me why I generally wait until about episode 3 to give a rating to any anime.

I don't usually say this but I can't really sum up my feelings towards this episode except with the phrase, "Shit just got real."

I hope Fractale keeps this stuff up!
Jan 29, 2011 10:16 AM

May 2008
Ok, such a drastic change in the plot and in the atmosphere I was shocked. But it was a great plot twist and now I like this show more and more.

CRAZEH247 said:

This episode was awesome... but something is still bothereing me... is it... the "Fractal" system or the "Fractale" system? The voice actors call it "Fractal(Furakutaru)"... which is a word, whilst Fractale as far as i know isn't a word... and In Japanese in the OP sequence it says in Katakana "Furakutaru" NOT "Furakuteru" Which makes me think what is the name really? Or are UTW Subbing it wrong? Or the anime is called Fractale but the system described for plot in the anime is called Fractal? So which one is it?
I think there's no need to construe it so seriously it's just simply Engrish. They pronounce english words in another way so even if they say "Fractal" it's Fractale.
Jan 29, 2011 10:20 AM

Jan 2011
blood and death are not what i expected

in eps 1, Phryne fell into the cliff also did not die...

anyway this eps did make me like the show more
Jan 29, 2011 11:32 AM

Apr 2010
sayami said:

Yeah but Fractal is an actual word whilst Fractale isn't

And also... what i think is... that the ANIME NAME is "Fractale" whilst in the plot of the anime, the system's name is "Fractal" which to me makes much more sense.
Jan 29, 2011 12:33 PM

Mar 2009
Wow! This episode was pretty interessing. The ep 1 was normal. Not so good. But ep 2 and this was really really awesome. And Phryne was appaer again. She is Nessa's sister? 0.0 I want know more about them. I wait for the next episode! *.*

Jan 29, 2011 1:23 PM

May 2008
CRAZEH247 said:
sayami said:

Yeah but Fractal is an actual word whilst Fractale isn't

And also... what i think is... that the ANIME NAME is "Fractale" whilst in the plot of the anime, the system's name is "Fractal" which to me makes much more sense.
Well, yeah, you have a point there. Though I still think it's just a fabricated word which is not seriously mean anything to the plot line just a name for that system. Even if it has a meaning or not I doubt the real word "Fractal" has anything to do with the whole story. Maybe it was choosen because it sounded somewhat scientific and matched the atmosphere.
I even doubt that they did pay attention to the difference between the two word, when they created the story.
Jan 29, 2011 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
Absolutely love it so far. The setting, the artwork, the characters, and the animation are fantastic. Hard to choose between this and Gosick as a Winter favorite.
Jan 29, 2011 3:48 PM

Nov 2009
There was... blood. NOOO BUTCHER!

Amazing episode. They made exposing the system actually exciting, and the first half was really funny at times. (i was laughing so hard when they were spying on them dancing)
Jan 29, 2011 9:10 PM
Nov 2009
why brainwash people to be like that
Jan 29, 2011 10:05 PM

Nov 2009
wow this is great, and yea i think nessa is her doppel but nessa has a personality and it seems like her sister is a brainwashed tool or something. phyrne looked kind of disgusted by her
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2011 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
This is pretty much what I was hoping this anime would turn out to be. Not disappointed.

5/5
Jan 29, 2011 11:10 PM

Jul 2009
Whoa. Did not expect that.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 30, 2011 12:09 AM

Jul 2008
What. The last few minutes of this episode took me completely by surprise.

BEGINNER
Jan 30, 2011 2:31 AM
Jan 2011
Wow. So-fuckin-brilliant. Even though I was expecting some killing at the end, I never would've thought of it being that way- that bloody way. First impression of these Lost Millenium guys: they might actually be the good ones, I kinda like them. Well, now I am really intrigued about what is coming up.

So, Nessa: she can't be touched by people who "hate" her. Interesting. The word there is kirai, so I'd rather think of it in terms of "dislike" and, in this case, just "not like". When Clain couldn't touch her, why was that? He was scared of her smile. Just scared, not hating her. He was even concerned about the fact of not being able to touch her. He started getting depressed after leaving her, and it was only when she came back that he realized that he was not just missing her, but also the fact that her presence made him happy. That's when he got back his smile. And wasn't that what Phryne was talking about in the first ep?

Smiling, then, is one big key to solve this puzzle. Still, there are many unanswered questions to try an hypothesis. But there's another one. That song Clain was listening to in his iPod, at the very beginning. That very same song that stop Phryne from escaping from that LaMe trio and made her smile, that very same song both Phryne and Nessa sung. It seems to go down deep in Clain's history. He being the chosen one to keep Nessa, what has that song to do with? Maybe something back in his baby days, those taped and then projected in his bedroom. Clain smiling, being happy, interacting with other people and actually caring about them. Was that the cause for leaving Nessa to his care? Was it for him to recover this happy-gregarious- human feeling? Unlike LM guys, seeing dead bodies falling down and blood splattered all around made him really sick. And that's quite a difference. He cares about things like truth, freedom, happiness, human beings and relations, like apparently LM does, but he's also very fond of order and peace. Could that be the way Phryne wants to make things to be, the world to be opened by Nessa- that is, to be opened by Clain with the aid of Nessa?
Jan 30, 2011 2:59 AM

Aug 2010
Really enjoyed this episode. Wasn't expecting that shootout to occur but, goddamn, it was awesome.
Jan 30, 2011 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, awesome episode. Loved the carefree ness at the beginning, but the end was just WOW. Really didn't expect everyone to start dying
Nessa is awesome. Seriously. Except she's actually a clone of an actual priestess ... who is Phryne's sister?! O_O Wow, that kind of sucks lol >_<
Anyways, the whole brainwashing thing really is kind of like society anyways. Freedom and all that? Yea, pretty deep :P
Jan 30, 2011 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
I'm glad this episode clarifies some points I had; Nessa being confirmed as a doppel and why those people are after Clain and Nessa. Good timing too because I was thinking of dropping this if it doesn't pick up the pace soon.
Jan 30, 2011 2:57 PM

Apr 2009
Woah, didn't think that people would actually die...
Great episode and I can't wait for more! >.<
Jan 30, 2011 3:57 PM

Jun 2010
Man this is really gettin' good. Probably the best show this season so far.
Jan 30, 2011 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
Wow. Just wow.

What just happened?

That... was... awesome! Now -this- is how I thought Fractale was going to be! I mean, I did like the first couple episodes, yeah, but it was so serene and peaceful with all the flowers, fields, and pretty girls with bubbly personalities. Not that it wasn't before, but this show just became a season favorite.

Damn, I really want to see what happens next!

And I do like Enri & co. a lot more now. And that Butcher guy - he got shot? Did he die? Jeez, in the last episode discussion thread when I said they could disappear anytime I didn't think it would actually happen. I kind of feel bad now. :(
Jan 30, 2011 10:14 PM

Aug 2009
Shit just got real.
Jan 30, 2011 10:39 PM

May 2009
Nice. I didn't expect it to take a darker turn, but it's certainly is interesting.

Those 'religious' women make me facepalm. I mean, seriously, they know it's not really stars whose powers they're relying on, yet they can play along with such a straight face as they chant to the 'stars' to mete out judgment.
Meh, I guess it's art imitating life, huh?
Jan 30, 2011 11:42 PM

Nov 2009
STM said:
Shit just got real.

Took the words right outta my mouth.
Nessa clones? Now i'm confused.
Jan 31, 2011 6:44 AM
Jan 2009
wow.
I never expected to see blood in this kid-type anime.
Jan 31, 2011 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
CookieMonstah said:
Nessa clones? Now i'm confused.
Not clones. Doppels. The carefree Nessa we know is a doppel. The hooded girl they showed at the end of this episode was the real Nessa, whom Nessa the doppel is fashioned after. And apparently Nessa is Phryne's sister.
Jan 31, 2011 3:03 PM
Nov 2008
Iilia said:
Not clones. Doppels. The carefree Nessa we know is a doppel. The hooded girl they showed at the end of this episode was the real Nessa, whom Nessa the doppel is fashioned after. And apparently Nessa is Phryne's sister.

See, I disagree with this point, or at least I disagree that we can accept that as fact. The impression I got was that there are multiple Nessa doppels, and I would guess that they all have some important role in the Fractale system. A "real Nessa" is entirely possible as well, but I think we'll have to wait and see what the actual answer is.

...wait, there's a Fractale manga? Well shit, no wonder people are throwing "real Nessa" out there as solid fact -.-
Jan 31, 2011 7:21 PM
Nov 2010
hmm
i was only watching for the art and nice atmosphere up till now
but now i might get interested in the story as well lol
Jan 31, 2011 10:36 PM

May 2010
shit got real
Feb 1, 2011 1:45 AM

Jun 2010
great animation AND great story (so far). i'm looking forward to the next episodes! :D

wasn't expecting nessa to be a real person. i thought she just had some kind of data in her or something. then it turns out she's the doppel of phryne's sister! i wonder why phryne left that doppel in clain's care.... anyway, great episode! ;D
Feb 2, 2011 6:47 AM

Mar 2009
Despite the team being epic-drama whores trying to get news coverage every week the show itself is STILL good.

also takatakatakataka

Feb 2, 2011 2:40 PM

Jul 2010
"They're really getting it on."
"He's pretty good."
Omg I LOL'D so much at this part!!! XD XD XD
Feb 3, 2011 12:21 AM

Aug 2009
wow that was unexpected.
Feb 5, 2011 12:52 AM

Aug 2010
That was hardcore i never expected the show to take such a big turn. I thought Enri and the suits were just funny but no they just straight start killin people this show i always thought was weird but damn it got crazy at the end people dying brain control i mean ****
Feb 6, 2011 5:44 PM

Feb 2010
Didn't expect the scenes at the end to happen. :O
Feb 7, 2011 2:49 PM
Mar 2010
---High quality----
three episode impressions: this anime is another level anime, themes, ambient, characters, bottoms, plot..... all is very very evocative!!!!
last five minutes are incredible, but they give me one thousand of doubts and it's positive!!!!

next to 4th ep
Feb 7, 2011 7:29 PM

Feb 2010
STM said:
Shit just got real.

+1
Feb 9, 2011 1:07 AM

Aug 2009
This episode has completely taken me in. Up to last ep, I was quite indifferent to fractale. I've thought that fractale system is a kind of utopia in a way that it greatly reduces humans' efforts and facilitates their doings. But it seems not that so. Shit really just got real.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Feb 9, 2011 8:21 AM

Jun 2008
Aversa said:
DL21 said:
This anime is becoming more and more interesting~
I agree each episode we learn something new about there world which is a very interesting world.

This episode really showed the bad side of technology and the totalitarian society it might create, it clearly shows how some people might use technology to there own advantage.
It also shows that there always people who are willing to think different and object to such a society even if it will bring confusion to people who did accept such a society.
As seen from Caine's reaction who clearly was confused about it and seemed to have problems accepting it.

Thinks ain't much different today. Most people take societies way of working as "reality" and any rejection of it makes you an outcast, a terrorist, a conspiracy theorist, a loony, or whatever they will call you to diminish your existence.
Most of this kind of shows try to send a message about our current world threw a fantasy story. In the same way Matrix wasn't really about a machine ruled future.

Anyway i loved the episode and am happy seeing things getting more exciting.
The attack really needed better strategy though. They obviously suck at military tactics.
Feb 9, 2011 9:44 AM

May 2010
What the-.

I jawdropped when the ep got bloody violent!!

So the hostage Nessa is the real Nessa's doppel and she's the sister of Phryne.

Things are getting more interesting!!
Feb 12, 2011 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
I was somewhat both excited and disturbed at how the old ladies were being shot at.

I still don't fully understand what the hell this anime is about yet I love watching it! >.<
Feb 16, 2011 6:32 AM

Jan 2010
Football said:
Me at the beginning of Episode 3 - "Aww man Fractale is such a whimsical adorable calming show."

Me at the ending of Episode 3 - "Did those grannies just get mowed down in a hail of semi-automatic gunfire?"

No need for any other comments.
Feb 19, 2011 9:12 AM

Feb 2010
Am I the only one who cares that Butcher died ? D:

But yeah, it totally changed... Speeding it up (:
Feb 19, 2011 6:16 PM

Dec 2010
This doesn't even look like the same show (it's better for me now)
Feb 20, 2011 2:08 PM

Jan 2010
This is the only show this season I am really liking.
Feb 22, 2011 10:07 AM

Apr 2010
with this episode..one can realize the message behind creating this wonderful anime..

I mean, those persons who kidnapped clain and nessa were true right?

technology has its own disadvantages too :)
Apr 2, 2011 6:06 PM

Mar 2009
There were some funny parts.

Anyway looks like Nessa is Phyrne's sister.
Apr 9, 2011 1:23 PM
Jul 2009
Wow, and last episode this seemed more like slice of life with a slight twist more than anything else...

This was a little confusing, but very interesting episode. I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the series now.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.