Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 23, 2011 10:05 PM
Nov 2010
I might have my timeline mixed up, but does Mizuno's leaving mean that the play will be down one main character? I also expected more of a struggle in the fight, I mean that guy was so damn confident he would win.

Probably my favorite episode of the series so far.
:)
Jan 24, 2011 12:05 AM

Oct 2010
This show keeps getting better and better! but wow so many things came to and it's just crazy! Ha, the yaoi fangirl in me wished that Takuto would've lost and Sugata saving him since Sugata and Head had cute little chats, I thought they would end up fighting. And I love the scenes with Sugata and Takuto in the bath <3
Jan 24, 2011 12:07 AM
Mar 2009
Wow, finally something from Takuto's past. He's the freaking main character and we know almost nothing about the damn guy. Seems like Takuto was heavily influenced by his friend Natsuo and his whole, "It's a ...." comes from Natsuo.

So, uh...Takuto...you don't find it at all strange that the Cybody you are fighting looks eerily similar to Tauburn? Oh well, at least the fight was much better than the previous weeks. Although he conveniently powers-up at the same time as Glittering Crux obtains third phase. LOL at the poses.

WTF?!? mindfuck at the end. I'm so confused by Marino's existence now...Is she real or not? Unless, Marino is Mizuno's first phase, in which case, holy shit, she can create clones. The Auntie's statement is still confusing since she says that Mizuno was born on only child and yet she knows Marino is a twin. Ugh, too bad they left so we'll never find out now.

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 3 TRAILER AT THE END!! WOOT!!
Jan 24, 2011 1:05 AM

May 2009
Wait. Did Marino not exist at all? Or did Mizuno create Marino with her first phase (if that is her first phase)?
Jan 24, 2011 1:12 AM

Feb 2010
Eternal_Shield said:
i lold at the commercial in the end , "WHouldya like to eat"

+1

good ep lot of developments sad she left the island for good after overcoming her trauma.
Jan 24, 2011 1:35 AM

Sep 2009
Sad to see one of my favorite characters leave. That was a nice battle. There's still seems to be a lot of plot to be revealed though. Has it ever been explained what exactly the cybodies are and what the purpose of that organization is?
Jan 24, 2011 1:52 AM

Jan 2009
saxophone15 said:
Sad to see one of my favorite characters leave. That was a nice battle. There's still seems to be a lot of plot to be revealed though. Has it ever been explained what exactly the cybodies are and what the purpose of that organization is?

yes the Cybodies are relics from a advance civilization probably aliens, and the purpose of Glittering Crux is to make the Cybodies get out of Zero-Time because the Zero-Time is acting like a Prison for those robots, and ofcourse if those robots can move freely even out of Zer-Time then the Glittering Crux can go for world domination

and as for the people asking about Marino, yes Mizuno created her its her first phase power to make a kage bunshin or something, but thats all we know for now

P.S. and for the Zero-Time to be destroyed the 4 maidens seal must be broken

and a good speculation i posted on episode 14 thread -> http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=280112&show=60#msg10202326
degJan 24, 2011 1:55 AM
Jan 24, 2011 3:35 AM
Apr 2008
Dang, I almost shouted "Phase 4" when I see the upgrade. :)
Jan 24, 2011 3:52 AM

May 2009
Favorite episode! is what I would be saying if Marino & Mizuno wouldn't have left.

So does everyone have a first phase? or is it just the ones who have/had a mark?
H'm, I wonder what Takuto's and Wako's are?
Jan 24, 2011 3:55 AM

Feb 2009
Eternal_Shield said:
i lold at the commercial in the end , "WHouldya like to eat"
This plus the past episodes that got really good made me raise my score again for this show.
Beach volleyball next time? Dunno if you should count me in. I love women in bikini but then the plot may stray again. Let's hope that the fights get better now that both sides upgraded their Cybodies.
Jan 24, 2011 4:05 AM

Jan 2009
lilly_938 said:

So does everyone have a first phase? or is it just the ones who have/had a mark?
H'm, I wonder what Takuto's and Wako's are?

yes all star drivers have first phase, and i do wonder what is Takuto's first phase power is, the Head's first phase power is shown on episode 1 he can summon Star Sword Diamant and use it outside Zero-Time, while Sugata's first phase is the King's Pillar
Jan 24, 2011 4:42 AM

Oct 2010
Random power-up was just..... random. Why is it that this guy, whenever is about to get beaten, seem to always have a stronger hidden weapon on him? It's like they're not gonna let him lose at all jut because he's the protagonist.

It was just like that time during his duel with Kanako, Tauburn's *cough*finfunnels*cough* became his *cough*gigadrillbreaker*cough*, only that time it was already attached to his back so I didn't mind. But suddenly gaining the power from his crest with no preconditions at all just makes no sense.
LeRealJan 24, 2011 4:53 AM
Jan 24, 2011 7:25 AM

Jul 2008
Setsuna F. Seiei...TRANS-AM!!!

Oops, wrong anime LOL
Jan 24, 2011 8:28 AM

May 2010
This ep is the most fabulous so far.

I wished the fight with Head was longer. And Blue Tauburn looks cool. :D

Now, we see a backstory of Takuto which I've been longing for since ep 1.

Too bad Mizuno and Marino left the island. They should have perform their play before she left. :(
Jan 24, 2011 9:32 AM

Sep 2010
I really thought that Mizuno was imagining Mario..... But If thats the case lots of plot holes will open up....

Best Episode Yet........
Jan 24, 2011 9:50 AM

Jun 2009
Aawww Mizuno...~~ Why'd they have to leave? Fuck it, only Kanako, Keito and Sarina left and they won't show Sarina at all. Damn you guise....
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 24, 2011 10:56 AM

Jan 2010
I like Head even more! And Takuto too. The fight was so cool! 8D Almost the best episode so far. Kinda pity that Head lost because it would have been kinda cool if Takuto would have lost even once....bu~t tauburn looks cool now. : D

Yeah~ naked Takuto! 8'D
Jan 24, 2011 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought Glittering Crux was going to gang rape Mizuno.
I thought Takuto would finally lose and Sugata would save him, but Tauburn looks even more FABULOUS than ever; didn't expect Head to lose that fast; I'm guessing he'll come back with an upgraded cybody. It sucks that Mizuno is leaving.

MARINO FUCK YEAH!
I came when Takuto was naked.

I hope that's not what I think it is.......
yeo
Jan 24, 2011 11:49 AM

Aug 2008
Best episode of the series so far this in my opinion. This series has been holding back on developments for so long I was beginning to wonder if it was ever gonna "put out" again. We finally got a good decent length battle, which Takuto finished with amazing flair. I'm really gonna miss Mizuno, and it was very nice to finally get a little backstory on Takuto, as well. Now then, where do we go from here?

Jan 24, 2011 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
Best episode so far. The fight was longer than 5 minutes and the upgrade on Tauburn was fabulous. We get to know more of Takuto's past and the 3rd phase is activated. The only bad part was Mizuno and Marino leaving. What about the play Mizuno!? Anyway I was hoping for the Star Wars moment but I guess that has to wait.
Jan 24, 2011 12:28 PM

Nov 2009
Awesome episode. Not even the fact that they threw away the miko who was broken this time can ruin this!

Still a lot of BS with the third phase this episode but who cares for now...As long as it is explained at some point.
Jan 24, 2011 1:14 PM

May 2010
Damn those shadows! I wanted to see what Takuto has been hiding from us in all those bath scenes.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 24, 2011 3:57 PM

Nov 2010
Ojisama_Cut said:
Nobody can stop me saying that this episode is the best of the whole serie...! s.

I totally agree.
Jan 24, 2011 4:26 PM

Dec 2009
Am I the only one disappointed with this episode?
Marino I wanted with Takuto. </33
WakoxTakuto <//////33
Jan 24, 2011 5:49 PM

Mar 2010
prismheart said:
Oh my God, I seriously started to cry when Mizuno turned around and saw Marino. I'm going to miss Mizuno so much. This episode just made this show ten time better. I'm so happy right now!!!!

I agree with you 100%

This was one of the most touching episodes yet. I to started crying at the end. I'm kinda sad that they left the island, but I'm glad Marino is still with Mizuno.
Jan 25, 2011 12:10 AM

Aug 2010
Easily the best episode of the season, alot of revelations throughout, really finished Mizuno's story with a flourish. Star Driver is quite original, if not a landmark series even in how it goes against anime conventions. I am curious to see how this series is doing in Japan, as it is clear that it has lost quite a bit of favor here in MyAnimeList. This show seems avant garde, if it isn't well received it isn't for lack of quality, but because the market was simply not ready. What a shame, because this might be the best thing since Haruhi.

A few notes at the 16 EP mark:

-Takuto has a serious chance to go undefeated throughout this series. I don't know any other show with a hero where the protagonist hasn't lost at least once.

-Mizuno's character was very complete, she was the most interesting person on the show for the past few weeks and I am glad she got the development her character deserved. Like others have expressed though, I am worried that Star Driver will not be as enjoyable with her gone.

-I thought the present ED was meh...until this episode, the transition from Marino/Mizuno to the ED was just so fitting -- if Sakana faded quietly away, Mizuno went out with a bang.
Jan 25, 2011 5:48 AM

May 2008
oh wow Takuto winning again anyone didnt expect that?

And Mizuno leaving the island with Marino touching sibling moment

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 25, 2011 6:31 AM

May 2007
Bye Marino, you shall be missed.

So Wako is the love interest after all, stupid Takuto, she dumped you.

The fight for once was pretty good and the flashback to explain Takuto even a little was nice.

Now why is he called Tauburn?
My anime list
Jan 25, 2011 5:27 PM

Jul 2009
Well I gotta admit that the whole breaking scene was pretty cool. Two down ... hmm, so Marino basically came from Mizuno not wanting to be lonely? TBH I honestly wanted the phone call at the end to be some trick and Marino to be gone after all ... *sigh*
Battle with Head was good ... the way Takuto magically won was not. Seriously, can we please have him lose at least once? -_-" Oh well I think Head will be back though ... :D
So backstory ... uh, Takuto's trying to find his dad? O_O Er ... all righty then ... his grandfather is cool though XD
Jan 25, 2011 5:54 PM
Dec 2010
T
EMChamp said:
Easily the best episode of the season, alot of revelations throughout, really finished Mizuno's story with a flourish. Star Driver is quite original, if not a landmark series even in how it goes against anime conventions. I am curious to see how this series is doing in Japan, as it is clear that it has lost quite a bit of favor here in MyAnimeList. This show seems avant garde, if it isn't well received it isn't for lack of quality, but because the market was simply not ready. What a shame, because this might be the best thing since Haruhi.

A few notes at the 16 EP mark:

-Takuto has a serious chance to go undefeated throughout this series. I don't know any other show with a hero where the protagonist hasn't lost at least once.

-Mizuno's character was very complete, she was the most interesting person on the show for the past few weeks and I am glad she got the development her character deserved. Like others have expressed though, I am worried that Star Driver will not be as enjoyable with her gone.

-I thought the present ED was meh...until this episode, the transition from Marino/Mizuno to the ED was just so fitting -- if Sakana faded quietly away, Mizuno went out with a bang.

Takuto was among the top 100 anime characters of 2010 and according to Star Driver's website several well know mangaka such as the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist, and creator of Rurouni Kenshin are working on an anthology comic for the series.

Safe to say it's probably doing well. Especially if the big names in the industry are praising it.
Jan 25, 2011 6:36 PM
Jul 2010
jigglypuff said:
WakoxTakuto <//////33

Wako x Takuto fits far beter than Marino x Takuto.

I don't get the Wako hate at all.
Jan 25, 2011 6:37 PM

Sep 2009
well the fight is much longer ....which is good
Jan 25, 2011 6:42 PM

Jul 2010
Divinenega said:
Takuto was among the top 100 anime characters of 2010 and according to Star Driver's website several well know mangaka such as the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist, and creator of Rurouni Kenshin are working on an anthology comic for the series.

Safe to say it's probably doing well. Especially if the big names in the industry are praising it.
Would you mind sourcing all that?

Takuto as a top 100 anime character is kind of sad. I don't really hate him, but if there's a reason I don't it's probably Mamoru Miyano. Aside from that, his character isn't all that special.
Jan 25, 2011 7:00 PM

Sep 2008
Iilia said:
Divinenega said:
Takuto was among the top 100 anime characters of 2010.
Takuto as a top 100 anime character is kind of sad. I don't really hate him, but if there's a reason I don't it's probably Mamoru Miyano. Aside from that, his character isn't all that special.
Takuto is hot; there is no further need to reason why he is an awesome male character... I mean besides the cathphrase, him being a Ginga Bishounen and upholding all that is right in the world while still looking hot.

Anyways, the top 100 2010 is garbage filled with K-ON! characters anyways.
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4306/2010top100animecharacte.jpg
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2011 11:47 PM

Aug 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Takuto is hot; there is no further need to reason why he is an awesome male character... I mean besides the cathphrase, him being a Ginga Bishounen and upholding all that is right in the world while still looking hot.

all that moe crap.
desolatoJan 26, 2011 10:26 AM
Jan 26, 2011 12:00 AM

May 2010
Hmm ... perfect ending for those twin or not ?
Jan 26, 2011 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
Best ep yet and finally we see his grandpa he looks really cool
Jan 26, 2011 9:06 AM
Jul 2010
TK-Onii-Sama said:
Hmm ... perfect ending for those twin or not ?

Beyond perfect.
Jan 26, 2011 10:26 AM
Feb 2009
oi oi... those twin better be back soon after they punch their mother... i still want to see their play (n the kiss scene ;p)
oblivious is a bliss
Jan 26, 2011 1:16 PM

Jun 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Lol double 39. And wth, Yui is 1st so that chart can already go fuck itself.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 27, 2011 2:27 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Lol double 39. And wth, Yui is 1st so that chart can already go fuck itself.
And triple 49. But yeah, with Yui first, there's hardly any sense in that ranking.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 27, 2011 4:25 AM

Nov 2009
awww mizuno chan was the best! im gonna miss her song :( hopefully the play gets the takutoxsugata kisshu scene tho! ahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2011 3:48 PM
Feb 2009
wtf barbecue just happened and best damn episode yet :)
Jan 28, 2011 6:35 AM

May 2010
wow i loved this :D
Jan 28, 2011 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
jigglypuff said:
WakoxTakuto <//////33

No, Im with you, too bad that she's gone ;(
Jan 28, 2011 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
Surprised to see all the love for Mizuno in this thread... Never cared for her, she always struck me as a stock genki girl character, and I greatly preferred mysterious Sakana-chan. I actually even liked Marino/Manticore more than Mizuno. Though, I was happy to see Marino on the ship in the end. What would Mizuno do without her?

Also, for all of those confused, I gathered that Mizuno was an especially powerful maiden: able to hide both her mark and her location during Zero Time, by sending Marino as Manticore in her place (her "clone"). This means that, yes, Marino was an illusion, which explains why they liked all the same things (Marino was Mizuno's clone), and how Mizuno was able to predict the ice cream flavor every time. And Marino was created to look after Mizuno when she was all alone, after her mother left.

I hope this episode signals a shift into the third story arc, focusing on Keito/Ivrogne. I also would like to hear her sing the next battle song!
Jan 28, 2011 1:12 PM

Aug 2007
Wow, this episode was epic and exactly what I wanted Star Driver to be. Too bad the part with Takuto was censored, darn. Anyhow, that the Kiraboshi leader is also a Galactic Bishounen was somehow to be expected, but I was really WTF?! when I saw his Cybody for the first time.

Nice.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 28, 2011 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
Something I don't understand is the part when Mizuno's aunt told Mizuno she was an only child. Was Marino born from a different mother and somehow just met Marino or what? I probably have to rewatch the episode as I'm seriously confused.
Jan 29, 2011 12:15 AM
Mar 2010
JayDestiny said:
Something I don't understand is the part when Mizuno's aunt told Mizuno she was an only child. Was Marino born from a different mother and somehow just met Marino or what? I probably have to rewatch the episode as I'm seriously confused.

She's an illusion, but like all the illusions in anime, as long as you believe in it, it will become a real.

So, Takuto just beat the final boss? what the hell
Jan 29, 2011 12:41 AM

Jan 2011
herox3 said:
JayDestiny said:

She's an illusion, but like all the illusions in anime, as long as you believe in it, it will become a real.

So, Takuto just beat the final boss? what the hell

Lol, Typical shounen anime to not make anything tragic :[.

I cant help but realize the " Twin Clone" thing relates to Darker than Black- Season 2, except that in Darker than Black it wasn't as much of a Happy ending.

They should also make something challenging for Takuto.... I mean, they finally reaches phase 3 to defeat him but not even 5 mins later, Takuto gained a HUGE power-up =.=.
I guess its not the type of anime to drag on fighting conflicts hence,. they can just easily kill Takuto in reality if they wanted to but never thought of that idea
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 3, 2010

352 by ImpactFrames »»
Aug 8, 2022 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.