Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 3, 2011 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
Eiji's editor is a snake. I love Hattori!
Jan 12, 2011 11:33 AM

Aug 2009
imaginary-beauty said:
I really don't like Mashiro now because I think he's kind of a brat because all he's thinking about is how to make the most popular manga so they can get an anime and he and Miho can be together. Whereas Takagi is making manga because he actually enjoys coming up with the story. Mashiro is being selfish and pushing things too much. I mean I can tell he enjoys manga and does want to be a successful mangaka but he overall motive is to be Miho ==;

yes it seems like mashiro is being selfish just so he can get an anime to be wth miho, but that the whole plot and reason for drawing mangas with Takagi, don't forget that t was takagi who brought mashiro into drawing mangas with him. So there no need dislike mashiro hes a man in love and is wanting be with the girl he loves while takagi gets to enjoy writing for the manga, it's like a win-win ~.~

Jan 14, 2011 3:43 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I still feel like mentioning that Eiji is probably one of the biggest idiots I've ever seen.
Though he's apparently writing some good manga.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 14, 2011 4:48 PM

Mar 2010
Glad they got third but the tension of getting first was pretty good soo all in all they still have a ways to go

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 18, 2011 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
kiyomigirl said:
imaginary-beauty said:
I really don't like Mashiro now because I think he's kind of a brat because all he's thinking about is how to make the most popular manga so they can get an anime and he and Miho can be together. Whereas Takagi is making manga because he actually enjoys coming up with the story. Mashiro is being selfish and pushing things too much. I mean I can tell he enjoys manga and does want to be a successful mangaka but he overall motive is to be Miho ==;

yes it seems like mashiro is being selfish just so he can get an anime to be wth miho, but that the whole plot and reason for drawing mangas with Takagi, don't forget that t was takagi who brought mashiro into drawing mangas with him. So there no need dislike mashiro hes a man in love and is wanting be with the girl he loves while takagi gets to enjoy writing for the manga, it's like a win-win ~.~

I get that but still it's like he's not satisfied with anything they get. I understand they are aiming for #1 but he could have been a little bit happy about getting 3rd and people actually liking what they had come up with. All he could do was be upset because if they didn't get the most popular vote then that means no serialization and that means no anime and no being with Miho. I just think he should appreciate the progress they made and all. He's too single minded about everything.
Jan 20, 2011 10:46 AM

Aug 2010
too bad they got only 3rd but thats still really good considering their age =D

i want more TakagiXMiyoshi and MashiroXAzuki!!!!!!
Jan 23, 2011 12:09 AM
Feb 2009
yohh say what... only 3rd. i knew something like this was going to happen..
Feb 2, 2011 4:24 PM
Mar 2010
here the plot explosion I did hope: first project arrives 3rd and now they return to origins, takagi-saiko will draw commercial manga, there will be this choice correct??

next to 14th ep
Apr 17, 2011 5:52 AM

Aug 2009
The cherry blossoms are so good to look.

Too bad, they only got third. D:
chiquit0621Apr 17, 2011 5:55 AM

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 5, 2011 4:57 AM

Aug 2009
lol@ the end! xD
Jan 27, 2012 10:23 AM
Jan 2012
This is better from episode to episode!
May 10, 2012 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
It always amazes me how people could just throw away hard work like that. Lol
Jun 2, 2012 7:19 PM

Mar 2011
Damn kids these days polluting the earth.
Aug 16, 2012 10:32 AM

Jan 2011
That ending, there was no reason to destroy that work, they should've archived it.
It's getting better, but next episode stuff will be even more interesting, I'm looking forward to it.
BTW: My hate for Eiji increases every single episode...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 17, 2012 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
What a waste, he should have at least let him have a look at it before ripping it to shreds D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 27, 2012 9:49 AM

May 2011
That was a good way to react to this situation. I think they could do really well with mainstream if they really applied. If they can write something so good that isn't mainstream, I can see them turning into really great mangakas.
May 12, 2013 5:29 AM

Sep 2012
They got caught throwing papers in the river XD
May 23, 2013 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode
Dec 10, 2013 8:26 AM

May 2012
Lol that ending! Well they finished third and while it's a good place they still need to push through to get first! And well now that Miho moved and that they started texting her personality has totally changed for the worse like... who doesn't want to the first text message from her loved one... she sure comes over totally differently in the text messages... but oh well let's see what happens next!
Dec 13, 2013 9:22 AM

May 2013
eiiji is over rated as a chracter
Jan 10, 2014 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwnnn, they didn't win in the end. I guess it would have been too easy. But still, a third place is not bad at all.

So they plan to follow Jump classic shounen. I don't know if that's a good idea. The last time they tried this, Hattori telled them that it was shit.

I laughed at the ending, he broke the moment so much xD

Next episode, it look like they meet Eiji and he already know them.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 16, 2014 10:52 PM

Mar 2012
Not surprised they didn't beat him but didn't expect them to get third instead of second place.
Feb 15, 2014 11:43 PM

Nov 2011
I don't like shonen-ai, but at that last scene I was like "now kiss" and the guy started yelling at them at the perfect time. Lemme tell you - I lol'd like there's no tomorrow... They really over-do the shoujo-y moments in this anime, don't they? The text message part was adorable
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Feb 20, 2014 1:31 AM

Aug 2013
Mashiro is really in a rush.. but I can understand seeing he's still young.
I just hope they don't break down halfway.. though I can see that happening later on.
Miho's message is too kawaii.. it really is short. HAHAHA.
Jul 29, 2014 2:12 PM

Jan 2013
I don't think they will achieve their goal with being totally mainstream. We all know how that went last time.
Sep 25, 2014 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
wow, ripping up the name was kinda overkill. i woulda kept it for the memories for when i become famous.
Nov 18, 2014 2:19 PM

Nov 2013
3rd, aw that sucks.

The music that comes in at the very end of episodes is awesome, it gets me every time :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 20, 2014 2:42 PM

May 2009
Geez, these kids are greedy as fuck, especially Mashiro. He just wants to get first so their work can get serialized, which is one step closer to anime adaptation. Yep, in the end he just cares about Miho.
Nov 29, 2014 8:11 AM
Jun 2013
Okay I get Mashiro’s disappointed that they didn’t come in first place, but you can’t have that type of disregard for your partner. To just abruptly not show Hattori what they both worked on and begin speaking for the both of them. Then he later rips up all of their hard work. That was a selfish decision. Even if you did want to start with some mainstream stuff, you don’t disrespect the work your partner did like that, especially without warning. Takagi was smiling at the end so it’s not the end of the world, but I’d be pissed.
Mar 26, 2015 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
Someone slap some sense into this fuckwit.
Jun 15, 2015 8:47 PM
Apr 2015
Read the manga a long time ago and finally started watching anime since I ran out of other things to watch... I forgot how annoying Mashiro was!! I now remembered how I feel bad for Takagi back then.

Right now he's on par with Shirou and Shinji for me. Too bad he isn't going to get run over by a bus any time soon.
Sep 8, 2015 1:18 PM
Mar 2013
Third is a pretty good place for their manga. The story sucked imo/
Sep 18, 2015 8:42 PM
Apr 2015
Damn sellouts. And yeah, everyone else is spot on. Mashiro is so annoying atm.
blackwatercitySep 18, 2015 8:45 PM
Mar 3, 2016 5:03 AM

Oct 2012
Ashirogi Muto eh?
"Feet" rogi Muto xD

(Lol) = (w) in Japanese?
Miho seems knew how to make someone curious with her short mails xD

Wait Bakuman isn't a mainstream thing too
Did the author just make fun of him/herself? xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 20, 2016 2:37 PM
Aug 2015
Get your shit together Mashiro, don't get desperate from just that.
Why go mainstream?????? Don'tttt, you will fail
Nov 25, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2013
So, did the Afro-headed dick of an editor sabotage the MCs with the voting results?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 10, 2017 11:43 PM

Dec 2015
I like the decision to start over and go mainstream!
Nov 28, 2017 10:44 AM
Dec 2014
You would understand Mashiro feeling if you was an artist with talent but nobody cares about your art just because it don't have the mainstream style.
Dec 9, 2017 5:50 PM

Apr 2015
Mashiro: "I've got no time for women, I'm trying to draw manga. I'm mangasexual."

9,000 yen a page? Damn, these kids are about to be stacked. That's more money that I ever had at any point in middle school. That's more money than I have now.

That feel when you write someone a book and then they write back a sentence. Could've been worse; she could've just typed "K".

"There's no way that Niizumi Eiji will lose." Well, Mashiro and Takagi will always have one advantage over Eiji: they'll lose their virginities. Eiji's likely scaring women off everywhere with his loud crow noises in public and insanely intense manga hyperfocus. He's so lost in his own world he doesn't even know what a questionnaire is.

Mashiro's uncle never got to be first in Jump Jack? Fucking One Piece...

"No, they still have only entered high school." Come on! Hattori wouldn't even have been willing to hold up his end of the bargain if they'd gotten first? That's bullshit.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 20, 2017 6:04 PM
Jun 2013
This is my second time watching this. This is the start of Mashiro getting on my nerves... why would you tear up the name? You weren't the only one working on the project...You had no right to say don't look at this manuscript before consulting with your partner and then tearing it up. Jerk.
May 25, 2018 4:09 AM

Feb 2018
It almost feels like Azuki is just trolling him with these short mails but they are kinda cute.
Aug 14, 2019 10:38 AM
Apr 2016
Lost or won, it's not nice for Takagi to change his style just because it didn't win, his style is his style after all.
Dec 6, 2019 9:54 PM

Mar 2015
Oof in the end they're only third!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 18, 2020 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
Mashiro just turned into a complete jerk... and he's dragging Takagi down with him. It's even worse when considering his motivation is to get laid.

At this point, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hate this guy or what. The show doesn't necessarily portray him in a positive light, but at the same time it doesn't punish him enough either.
Sep 28, 2020 1:47 PM

May 2018
Big rip :(

Bakuman. wouldn't be 75 episodes if they serialised now though xD
Jan 8, 2021 7:31 AM

Jul 2017
Mashiro texts like he's 50 years old lol. All he's missing is the cringey WhatsApp images that's so out of date to send to Azuki and he's perfect old-dad material for messaging. Still though, a good episode that also introduced the penname 'Ashirogi Muto' that's associated now with Mashiro, Takagi and even Azuki to be used onwards now for their manga. Sweet name with sweet meaning I have to say. Shame Money and Intelligence didn't beat Niizuma's manga on NEXT but it wasn't shocking to say the least, he's currently way ahead of the curve when it comes to attracting a majority of the audience to enjoy his works. Still for an unorthodox Jump-like manga, they still performed quite well. Time to start from scratch again.
Jan 20, 2021 10:36 AM
Oct 2019
Saiko is a little annoying. DON'T RIP UP THOSE NAMES, YA JACKASS.

Eiji is a nut, but I wonder if he's going to be a pretty likeable character if/when we actually get to know him?
Jul 2, 2021 6:01 PM

Jan 2020
Man, I really hate a person who would trash his/her hardwork, especially if that work is not his/her own work...

What's worse is this show portray that scene it in a positive way...

Akito is just too good for Mashiro...
Oct 13, 2021 4:21 AM

Dec 2007
lol they told kaya not to help them but in the end she invented ahirogi muto.

mashiro annoying me, he thinks too much unrealistic, he thinks he's like anime character that can win 1st place in the 1st time.
(funny that that what he is)

that last scene lol
Nov 18, 2021 12:11 AM

Aug 2015
Man, this is getting too frustrating to watch. They've already established that the mainstream Jack style doesn't really work for them, yet they're going to try it again anyway purely for an attempt at the #1 spot so that Mashiro can MAYBE get with Azuki in the future.

I mean there's just too many 'ifs' for me to get on board with any of this. IF they can get #1 in Next by changing to a mainstream style. IF they can then get serialised in Jack. IF they can get an anime adaption. IF they do all this before the end of high school. And most importantly, IF Azuki hasn't moved on before then, which any girl of her age is likely to do, then finally they can be together. Well why not just get together now and write the manga you want!? Not to mention IF Azuki herself can achieve her goal of becoming a voice actress.

Miyoshi was right when she said that if they really love each other it shouldn't matter whether their dreams are fulfilled or not. There's no downside. You get to be with the one you love, and you have the support and motivation to achieve your dreams together. And if their motivation wanes by getting together 'prematurely', then I'd suggest their motivations were superficial, and that they never really held a strong desire for success in the first place.

Really, they should just forget about Jack, approach a magazine more receptive to their style and try to get serialised there. Then at least if all of this fails, they'll have failed creating something they are passionate about, not in the vain pursuit of mainstream popularity, and without the needless heartbreak that Mashiro's uncle suffered. It all just shows a complete lack of artistic integrity and I don't feel like I can root for an MC who bases the form of their artistic expression on the desire to be popular and have a girlfriend.

I started watching this show hoping for a reasonably mature and realistic take on the struggles and successes of aspiring artists, but every problem and stake that arises seems to be hinged on Mashiro and Azuki's pointlessly stubborn refusal to be together, rather than something actually related to theme of the show: Manga.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 16, 2010

181 by Karva1 »»
Mar 23, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.