Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 19, 2011 10:52 PM

Nov 2009
can not wait for the second season.
(but i think this anime need new director if the next season really happen)
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Jun 7, 2011 5:18 AM

Mar 2011
What an interesting story this anime gives.
They give you a full blown equation, but dont give a single hint.
I just wanted tp scream, GIMME SECOND SEASON already.

So Sion have double personalities, one is a good person, Sion. And another is the black hero. Hm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw, who is the lady that come out form Rayne's body and protect him from Eris anyway? His mother? She was died, wasn't she? At least eaten by alpha (isn't it? and who is exactly alpha anyway, i dont understand). And who exacly is Eris, a god eye holder too? Why he is very strong? Am i the one stupid here...
Success starts from a dream. And a dream starts from sleeping.
Let's sleep for a better future.
Jun 9, 2011 10:10 PM

Feb 2009
KyleK said:
I really hate open endings.

+ 1000 MAL points.
Jun 18, 2011 2:03 PM
Aug 2010
so i gave it a 10 out of 10 but i am basing that on the hope that they do a second season if they don't i'll drop it to a 9
Aug 9, 2011 3:51 AM

Mar 2010
This anime is quite good . I have just finished watching it , just now.
I give a score of 8 out of 10 because there seems too many ryner x sion moment which i dislikes :/

I want more action and spells , I sometimes get bored seeing only izuchi LOL

anyway I categorized this anime as my favorite :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2011 2:34 PM

Oct 2009
they are gonna need a second season to finish this, they can't just leave us hanging like this!
Aug 21, 2011 5:56 AM

Feb 2010
Does anyone know whos the female voice at the start of the episode???
The one that unfolds the past about the "black hero" and the "Satan of Loneliness" or" All Euqations".

And whats up with the ending? One minute they are in Shion's office talking about dreams,sleeping and work and the other They are showing the end of the battle and Ryner in jail...Never got that transaction...
Aug 24, 2011 3:27 AM

Jul 2009
second season please ><
i really wanna see ryner x sion x tiir
Sep 19, 2011 4:50 AM
May 2009
I'm sure tons of people have said this but second season please

but this is Zexecs and they never make sequels to anything
Dec 23, 2011 10:48 PM

Jul 2011
Thoughts on the final few episodes: What the flip just happened?

The ending seemed awfully vague and I didn't really understand what was happening. Somebody explaaain.
Jan 11, 2012 2:09 PM
May 2008
I did a marathon on this in 3 sittings. It was awesome. Then I rewatched some episodes I didn't fully grasp, and I understood more and it added even more juice to the awesome. The ending is soo open-ended they MUST be teasing us for a second season. I could go on even longer, but I'll keep it to this.

GIVE ME SECOND SEASON NAO!
Jan 18, 2012 12:28 PM

Jun 2007
What a shitty, horrible, butchered, despicable, disgusting ending.

It was a great anime up until like episode 20-22. Then it became clear that it won't be concluded and they'll botch the ending.

So fuck everyone who contributed to this preposterous open-ended shit. Fuck you all. I won't buy it. Ever.
Feb 20, 2012 8:08 PM

Aug 2010
I loved this anime up until the final episodes where they made no sense.

If they ever make a sequel to this they will need one hell of a recap episode...

Oh, and my only disappointments in the story - disregarding the final episodes of course - were that whenever Ryner would run away, everyone would catch up to him right away... thats just silly

>>How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to change a lightbulb??
Ive got no idea, but it'd take at least 20 episodes!
Feb 22, 2012 8:56 AM
Dec 2010
Damn Cliffhanger has become way too often in Anime. Had i known I would have not watched LoLH ....
It was ride of awesomeness then it got ruined by cliffhanger ending with no sequel in sight.
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyFeb 22, 2012 9:00 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 25, 2012 3:09 AM

Apr 2008
You should try reading what Bakatsuki have translated of the novels so far. A full three volumes from the point the anime stopped. Things get real. LIKE MAJORLY
Apr 7, 2012 8:36 AM

Aug 2011
More Tiir ;__;
Apr 10, 2012 11:06 AM
Oct 2009
I hope there is a season 2
because if this the end then it must be very f*cked up

i'll give 8 out of 10 for eps 1-23
then 5 out of 10 for eps 24
Apr 27, 2012 9:24 AM

Jun 2011
This really need a second season, it can't end like this, can it?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 2, 2012 11:17 PM

Dec 2010
This was overall a great series. 9/10 imo. Sure some things could have been better, but instead of focusing on the minor imperfections I would rather look back at how enjoyable this series was. Very dark at times, but also very lighthearted. Hoping for a new season in the future.
Jul 8, 2012 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
This needs a second season
Jul 10, 2012 5:46 PM

Jun 2009
Its been 2 years,i doubt they will make a second season.I really liked the anime but anime finished without an ending?I hate things like this.
The light novel ends just like the anime or does it show what happens next?

Aug 12, 2012 3:27 AM
Feb 2009
wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Sep 2, 2012 1:42 PM

Aug 2011
Oh God... Dat open ending. No hope for a second season, I'm guessing... It's already 2012... *sob*
Sep 16, 2012 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
9/10

Needs a second season, its still possible.
Sep 16, 2012 8:40 PM

Aug 2011
I still have hopes for a 2nd season, HOPEFULLY by 2013.....
Sep 20, 2012 1:47 PM

Feb 2011
I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2012 10:55 AM

Jun 2012
rewatched it....cryed at episode 23...WHYYYY THERE IS NO SEASON 2???? curse you anime producers...
Sep 30, 2012 8:04 PM

Jun 2012
am i the only one wandering what happened after the end of ep 22 when the soldiers were going up the stairs to the room where Ryner and Ferris were and how it came to Sion chasing after Ryner like he was at the beginning of this episode???
Oct 1, 2012 8:01 AM

May 2008
Skillmatic said:
am i the only one wandering what happened after the end of ep 22 when the soldiers were going up the stairs to the room where Ryner and Ferris were and how it came to Sion chasing after Ryner like he was at the beginning of this episode???
Same for me.. I was like: "wait wat? Did I skip an episode?"

Anyways I really liked the serie, the characters, the story, etc. I love it. <3
Oct 5, 2012 2:22 PM
Feb 2011
Now I know why I dropped this anime...the last episode was such a crap ~_~...it's been 2 years and they still left an ending like that...

they should have just marked as 'discontinued'
maybe not a 2nd season or just an ova or 1/2 more episodes would've been good for me...

Loved it when it started and got disgusted with the 'cut'
Oct 6, 2012 5:47 PM

Dec 2010
They lost me..... so confusing. And the last few episode seemed so rushed.
seems like i will need read the novel.. Ughhhh.
Oct 9, 2012 6:12 PM

May 2009
What the hell are anime producer's thinking leaving anime's without endings :(

Oct 10, 2012 10:28 PM
Apr 2012
Just wanted to let you guys know that they had Ryner and Ferris merge in the anime Itsuka Tenma no Kurousagi at the ending of the ova..

There may be hope for a second season!!
Oct 12, 2012 2:26 AM

Jun 2012
Wakishea said:
Just wanted to let you guys know that they had Ryner and Ferris merge in the anime Itsuka Tenma no Kurousagi at the ending of the ova..

There may be hope for a second season!!

better hope that it's a hint for a new season
Oct 17, 2012 2:59 AM

Apr 2008
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

I want Second Season *sob sob* now! This anime was great, I love it ^^

I want to know more, more more, want to know more, what will hapen, more... more.......... more..........................
EShirouOct 17, 2012 3:14 AM
Oct 18, 2012 12:51 PM

Mar 2012
8/10 more or less it was a good anime, apart from some characters having too little background and the cliff hanger...hoping for a second season but its been almost 2 years now and the prospects for one are low

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 26, 2012 11:52 PM

Aug 2012
Its been a two/three years but season 2 didnt show up ....;o...............
Oct 27, 2012 12:32 AM

Mar 2012
Shinx233 said:
Its been a two/three years but season 2 didnt show up ....;o...............

Much like Spice + Wolf, I'm hoping and praying producers will come around and make another season. It needs it in the worst way. I thought it was a fascinating series but when I reviewed it, I docked it big time for it's open ending with almost no hope for a 2nd season.
Nov 2, 2012 2:02 AM

May 2012
..What? Is that it? The ending was suck. And the story isn't that good either but i would give 6/10 for the awesome battle scene.
Jan 5, 2013 12:56 PM
Oct 2009
Ok Am I the only person confused by the last two episodes? I guess I am.. Maybe all of you have read the novels or I've missed something.. but I'm confused... The end surprised me.. or rather it didn't reach the part that I was predicting, but left it there.. I'm talking about the war between the country of the pink haired king and Roland.. I liked Tiir's little army of red eyed beasts xD well anyway.. this was a bit rushed for sure.. they just wanted to tell what's about to happen... and yeah if there is another season, I would watch it. :) Usually I don't enjoy this sort of anime with all the kingdoms and magic stuff, but I'm glad I watched this :) the lonely devil is a fool alright hehe peace~
Jan 5, 2013 6:15 PM

Jul 2007
wtf was that?? Oh man i agree with almost everone here, that was a Cop out ending.

They completely rushed the whole backstory bout the "black hero" and the "satin of loneliness" I am guessing this part of the plot is not going to come into play untill another season, if they ever make another season. Regarding Sion and ryners fight, i didn't really understand that either, some how he has some sort of darkness with in him self. The same goes with ryner. Then their is lucile, which we still don't know what motives he has or the whole reason why he even joined up with sion in the first place.

We get a very brief encounter with Keifer and Ryner, definitively not the Reunion i was counting on.

So the way i under stand this is the "satin of loniness" is ryner lute and the Black hero is the darkness that was inside of him, when sion accepted the black hero to converge into his beign, that gave him the power he now possesses as a stigma holder and his ability to go completely berserk. Sion Astal wants to purge ryner of that darkness. Its hard to anylize this because it was only just briefly explained in the first 10 min of the episode. Very rushed indeed.

The whole mumbo jumbo about the "weaver of all equations" and the "solver of all equations" i had no idea wtf they were taking bout.

Now as far as the war breaking it out, i expected some sort of resolution towards that because that what the entire series was building to but instead it was never resolved and was again rushed like hell.

Their was so many plot holes left in this series, i just even make up what the story is bout any more. Now i know certain anime shows do that for a reason being because its not supposed to be explained until later seasons, but even such plot developments that were part of the core story of this season alone were left unresolved and to me that just defeats the purpose of a satisfying ending.

The series did have some good action, i will give it that, some of the characters were interesting and mysterious. Though i would of liked to see more of keifer since i kind of really liked her, to bad for that. But the worst thing is viewers are left confused completely by the end of the show and that really sucked.

Anyways i would have to give this series a 6/10, it just didn't reach my expectations that i was hoping for. If their is another season, i will check it out, just because the over all plot was great, but the execution in this season really failed.

Jan 19, 2013 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
link9us said:
wtf was that?? Oh man i agree with almost everone here, that was a Cop out ending.

They completely rushed the whole backstory bout the "black hero" and the "satin of loneliness" I am guessing this part of the plot is not going to come into play untill another season, if they ever make another season. Regarding Sion and ryners fight, i didn't really understand that either, some how he has some sort of darkness with in him self. The same goes with ryner. Then their is lucile, which we still don't know what motives he has or the whole reason why he even joined up with sion in the first place.

We get a very brief encounter with Keifer and Ryner, definitively not the Reunion i was counting on.

So the way i under stand this is the "satin of loniness" is ryner lute and the Black hero is the darkness that was inside of him, when sion accepted the black hero to converge into his beign, that gave him the power he now possesses as a stigma holder and his ability to go completely berserk. Sion Astal wants to purge ryner of that darkness. Its hard to anylize this because it was only just briefly explained in the first 10 min of the episode. Very rushed indeed.

The whole mumbo jumbo about the "weaver of all equations" and the "solver of all equations" i had no idea wtf they were taking bout.

Now as far as the war breaking it out, i expected some sort of resolution towards that because that what the entire series was building to but instead it was never resolved and was again rushed like hell.

Their was so many plot holes left in this series, i just even make up what the story is bout any more. Now i know certain anime shows do that for a reason being because its not supposed to be explained until later seasons, but even such plot developments that were part of the core story of this season alone were left unresolved and to me that just defeats the purpose of a satisfying ending.

The series did have some good action, i will give it that, some of the characters were interesting and mysterious. Though i would of liked to see more of keifer since i kind of really liked her, to bad for that. But the worst thing is viewers are left confused completely by the end of the show and that really sucked.

Anyways i would have to give this series a 6/10, it just didn't reach my expectations that i was hoping for. If their is another season, i will check it out, just because the over all plot was great, but the execution in this season really failed.

11 volumes of light novels crammed into 20 something episodes. Plus ZEXCS just fails.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 20, 2013 6:15 PM
Sep 2012
I've seen too many anime where this has been done, 20+ episodes building a banging story, putting me on the edge of my seat for every second of every episode, loving the anime can't stop watching it, then the final 2 episodes just fuck it up completely, ok, maybe they were trying to keep shit open for some ova's or a second season, but still, they rushed the ending waaaay to hard, while a lot of things have been answered in the last episodes, other questions remain unanswered, this ending was one of the worst endings I've seen but it's not the only one like this
Jan 21, 2013 9:39 AM
Sep 2011
Ok, for anyone who didn't understand the Hero and Demon stuff, I'll summarize it.

The Goddesses protected something (the core of the world), if it got hurt the world would turn into nothingness

Somewhere, a hero was born and he was love by everyone, everything. But because he was filled with too much power, he went mad, and wanted to paint the world in black and turn everything into nothingness.

The goddesses had to create "human" to seal him in the south where no one live.

Unbeknown to the goddesses, a lonesome demon inhabited in that area, it was so lonely because of its hideous appearance and wanted to die but then it met the hero, and for the first time in its life, it made a friend.

The hero wanted to escape, but even with his power he couldn't break the seal, he asked the demon to let him eat half of its body. The demon without much thinking agreed and was split in half, Weaver of All Equation(the demon part) and Solver of All Equation(the lonesome part).

The hero ate the WoAE, and created a mean to break the seal called "human alpha", the "human a" created countries and waged war against the "human". Finally all "human" were killed, and the seal was broken, the hero then slaughtered all the goddesses, devouring them then proceeded to devour what the goddesses had been protecting.

But something was too powerful, it made the hero suffering and was killing him before he could complete his goal. He cried out and the demon again took pity on him, so it tell him to put all the darkness and pain into its other half body, thus, the hero devoured the SoAE, laughing then turned the world into nothingness.

The world came to end and it was reborn once more.

So inside Sion contains the Black Mad Hero. And the hero is taking control.

Ryner has SoAE(lonesome part his father put into him to save him from his Alpha Stigma)

Lucile has WoAE(he want to save his sister(from incest) so he devour the demon part and later 1000 other demons).

If Sion devour Ryner, Ryner cannot die anymore but he'll be in a state worse than dead, suffering pain in hell for eternity. That's why Sion decided to kill Ryner before that happen.But in the end, Ryner is his friend, so he cannot kill Ryner.
Mar 5, 2013 7:40 AM

Oct 2009
..Man so many dam questions!! GAH! This show has got some really good concepts but some of the execution is bad, probably just the anime of course..either way enjoyed it a lot, hope they animate the sequel Novel after its completed(unlikely though :[ )

Guess i could read the novel but i need to see Ferris animated :(!
Also i was pretty impressed by the production quality in this, especially those explosions, dam..

7.7/10

Sequel plzzzzzzzz!!!
Mar 7, 2013 5:32 PM
Feb 2013
Ah man are you kidding me? I was really enjoying the show, almost to the point of reaching my top 3 animes, but this ending just ruined the entire show. Rating from 9/10 to 7/10 easily.
Mar 23, 2013 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
Danniel said:
coolxal said:
Got some questions that maybe the novel readers can answer...

1) Who were the two Sions? I couldn't tell who was who. If the one in the end was the Dark Hero, why doesn't he want to kill Ryner and consume him? Wasn't that the whole point? Why throw Ryner in jail and run off to war?

2) Lucille. So he has the other half of the lonely demon... but didn't the Dark Hero consume that half?

3) How is the Lonely Demon, Alpha, and the other Alpha Stigma users related? Is the girl that popped out of Ryner the Solver of All Equations or was that his mom (same person?)? Why does Lucille say she is even more crazy than him?

4) So what was the point of Ryner's dad stabbing him in the chest? Is he a possible fourth faction or is he working with someone else?
Thanks.

5) Why does Lucille just let Ferris "elope" with Ryner?

I've got some more.

6) What is is Lucille objective? Save the country like Sion wants or there's somerhing else? And how he is related to the girl that popped out of Ryner?

7) What's an Iynchpin? Miran Frouade said in the end of episode 15 that Milk is Ryner's Iynchpin.

8) How did the king of Gastark know Sion would betray Ryner?

Other than being confused with the ending, splendid final episode. This anime is officially going to my favorite list, along with Code Geass. 1000000/10 for me. Almost cried in the part Ryner said he would come back to save Sion.

My only complaint is Ryner not meeting Kiefer in a proper manner. She saved him but he barely noticed she was there.

I wonder what Ferris and Ryner going to do now. And what will happen to the other characters that stayed in the fight.

Definitely needs a second season, but I guess it's not going to be so easy...

And then :

9) How the fuck did Ryner come back to life ?

10) What or who's Alpha ?

11) Are the other eyes from a demon like Alpha ?

12) Will Ryner fully control the Alpha Stigma since he achieved to reject a forced awakening ?

13) How is it secured to keep him in a prison with just one guard when he can destroy everything ?

14) Is the Dark Hero a bad guy ? Is he even human ? Why weren't there humans in his world ?

And so much to wonder about.
Mar 23, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2012
besides all those infinite unanswered questions that was f**ked up....this was a really great show..on a side note,,is there any other anime like this that someone can recommend me?? if possible with a little more romance...but once again great show,,hope there is a second season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2007
Bobby_S said:
besides all those infinite unanswered questions that was f**ked up....this was a really great show..on a side note,,is there any other anime like this that someone can recommend me?? if possible with a little more romance...but once again great show,,hope there is a second season

Go to the manga and anime recommendation thread and post their.

Mar 29, 2013 9:16 AM

Aug 2012
Need More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Nov 18, 2010

96 by Bananarama_ »»
Apr 16, 2021 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.