Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2008 5:38 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode has me seriously questioning whether the Earth cult was worth even worrying about in the first place. Their counter to the Empire was just a pitiful use of suicide attacks while De Villier quietly makes his escape. Whatever Julian found on those computers better be big.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Dec 2, 2008 2:20 PM

Aug 2008
Lots of blood in this episode. Brilliantly portrayed how zealots in a cult will act. I doubt though that the Earth Church is through because that one guy De Viller got away and I'm sure he will be back.
Dec 30, 2008 12:00 PM

Apr 2007
Poplan sure knows a lot of very useful stuff. Wonder where he learned it?

I have a sneaking suspicion that this isn't the last we'll see of the Earth Cult.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Jun 23, 2009 10:36 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, I was so blown back by that episode. I literally yelled out "HOLY FUCK!!!" when Julian flew threw the air and kicked that guy in the head. Then the whole thing with the cultists suicide attacking the Imperials was so bloody and visually stunning that I was in shock. I gotta go back and watch that again.

Sep 10, 2009 1:04 AM

Jun 2009
The thing that freaked me out was when the empire was gased, the one soldier looked at one of the priests and he was smiling.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 30, 2009 11:23 PM

Jul 2008
Wow so much blood =.= wonder what Julian found..
Nov 17, 2009 4:46 AM

Dec 2008
tainteddonut said:

This episode has me seriously questioning whether the Earth cult was worth even worrying about in the first place. Their counter to the Empire was just a pitiful use of suicide attacks while De Villier quietly makes his escape. Whatever Julian found on those computers better be big.

They certainly seem like "just a bunch of nutters", but, even from what we know already, what if that drug was put into major circulation? Massive uprisings by deranged cultists could make them a credible threat to the empire, or so it appears to me. You do wonder if those kamizake madmen could pilot spaceships in an organised manner though!

On an unrelated note, I have difficulty deciding who was more badass out of the Imperial Armoured Grenadiers and Mashengo's sledgehammer punches. I guess the decision is only hard because the Rosenritters weren't given any screen time. ;)
fedaykinNov 17, 2009 4:59 AM
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Dec 12, 2009 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
Lots of blood in this episode.

Those cultists are insane.
Jan 13, 2010 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
There was so much going on in this episode, from that weak attempt against Wahlen's life to the whole assault on the Earth Church. Those Earth Cult people were something else, ready and eager to jump into death without so much as a second thought, and that De Villier couldn't spare those followers two cents as he quietly escaped.

Lucky for Julian that Poplan knows a little more than how to handle the ladies, otherwise he, Mashengo and the rest would've ended up like those crazed fanatics.
Jun 14, 2010 4:57 PM

Feb 2010
Very fast-paced episode. In the end the planet earth wasn't that important to the leaders of the earth cult. They probably have something bigger up their sleeves.
But it was great to see Julian again :)
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 17, 2010 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
yeah i think i'm starting to see the resemblance with Star Wars :)...but this is so gory lol

awesome episode...and i think this is the 1st time when i feel like watching more than 1 episode at a time :)...
those earth cultists are f-in insane

5/5

PS:if only they'd put more BGM...this would be so much more awesome :(
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 1, 2010 1:24 AM

Apr 2009
Haha, what a bloodbath! :D
Dec 25, 2010 10:54 PM

May 2010
Religion is very scary...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 3, 2011 4:40 PM

Apr 2009
insan3soldiern said:
The thing that freaked me out was when the empire was gased, the one soldier looked at one of the priests and he was smiling.

Creepy it was, indeed :P Ugh.

So much blood. How bad is it that I enjoyed it?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 11, 2011 3:03 PM
Jul 2010
The empire could have planned their attack better. With just the slightest amount of research the base would have been revealed as a breeding ground for cultist assassins, and from there they could have bombarded it with the space fleet. Zero casualties. Or, if that was too much, maybe liberal use of flamethrowers down those thin halls, and some grenades before turning corners could have saved some men.

Anyway, kudos to Poplan for the master drug knowledge. I hope that disk is worth the trouble.
Mar 27, 2011 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Holy action packed episode Julian! Everyone trying to live up to Schenkopp in the badass stakes in this ep.
Mar 30, 2011 5:53 PM

Aug 2009
Confucius said:
Religion is very scary...

I think ideologies in general can provoke that kind of madness, not just religion. Secular ideologies do the same thing. But religion and ideologies also motivate people to do great things, so it's double-edged.

On a lighter note, Julian kicking that guy was badass!
Apr 14, 2011 6:37 AM

Feb 2010
Luthimal said:
The empire could have planned their attack better. With just the slightest amount of research the base would have been revealed as a breeding ground for cultist assassins, and from there they could have bombarded it with the space fleet. Zero casualties. Or, if that was too much, maybe liberal use of flamethrowers down those thin halls, and some grenades before turning corners could have saved some men.

He can't. The one-armed admiral was ordered to capture the leader as well as other important religious figures and bring them back to the capital, he's allow to kill if he fail to do so.
Aug 19, 2011 9:07 PM
Jun 2011
Anyone else surprised by Julian's hops? Pretty cool episode. Hopefully De Villier has more planned if he thinks he's gonna do anything worthwhile...I'm sure he does.
Dec 13, 2011 3:51 PM
Feb 2011
Wow. I was stunned by this episode. Tons of action and holy SHIT those Earth cultists are crazy.

- Imperial soldier looks at dead cultist and he was smiling = creepy
- Earth Cult followers are blowing themselves up/suiciding and that De Viller guy just slips out the back door.
- Imperial heavy troopers are badass. LOGH is making battle axes cool again.
- Julian can flying kick people. Poplan saved everyone with his knowledge of drugs.
- Admiral Wahlen is down one arm. That sucks. I would have screamed if i noticed my arm was gone..
Jan 18, 2012 10:06 PM

Sep 2009
What the shiiiit Julian.
That was some epic kicking.
Feb 10, 2012 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
That was intense. Lots of blood in this episode.

Getting axed in the face seems like a not so good way of going out.
Feb 21, 2012 11:03 PM

Mar 2011
The Earth Cult are a bunch of lunatics!
May 11, 2012 1:37 PM

Feb 2012
When you compare the action in this episode to the action in the Ovlessor episode, you realize that LOGH has come a long way since season 1. Each season has been light-years beyond the previous season.

Osaka117 said:
I literally yelled out "HOLY FUCK!!!" when Julian flew threw the air and kicked that guy in the head.

Spinzaku has nothing on Avian Minci.
Jun 11, 2012 12:39 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, those Earth Cultists were nuts. Complete disregard for life makes for some freaky opponents, the Imperial troops were rightfully confused.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 3, 2013 8:10 PM

Jun 2013
Holy Jesus, intense episode! I worried for Julian so much.

RIP Imperial soldiers
Sep 22, 2013 10:26 AM

Nov 2009
That moment when the ensign or whatever saved Julian . . .

Anyways, I wonder what good the Earth Cult is now that they lost probably more than 80% of their brainwashed goons. Though, who knows how many are out their, now that we know what they were doing. Too bad that the main bad guy probably got away.
Jan 19, 2014 9:27 PM
Feb 2011
Damn cultists. Now with the cultists in smithereens and the Earth plunging into ruin, what really is the Sith LordDe Villier's objective? Creepy guy seriously needs to go. And Julian and the gang are going to Odin not as prisoners but as guests… who would’ve thought.
Hakuromatsu said:
Osaka117 said:
I literally yelled out "HOLY FUCK!!!" when Julian flew threw the air and kicked that guy in the head.

Spinzaku has nothing on Avian Minci.
LOL
Mar 20, 2014 8:26 PM

May 2011
First with the assassination attempt on Wahlen, then the revelation of thyoxine drug the Earth leaders spread, and then everything seriously went to hell when the conflict began and escalated so quickly. LOGH may be about political wars in space throughout the universe, but it's when they're on foot where all hell seriously breaks loose (not to undermine the epic space battles).

Poplan, Mashengo and Julian's crew really handled the situation well, and adapted quickly. They got the data, erased the bank, and escaped (minus the one casualty).

Only one sentence crossed my mind at the end of this episode. "The Earth Cultists are freaking crazy, just crazy."

Let's see where it goes from here. It's getting interesting again (well, actually, it always is).
Jul 29, 2014 12:31 AM

Apr 2012
damn those are some hardcore fanatics
some pretty gruesome scenes

Aug 7, 2014 5:02 PM

Nov 2013
Absolutely crazy episode, the scene where one of the cultists got axed in the head and the view moved down to show his skull split in two with his jaw hanging off, LIKE HOLY SHIT.

I'm going to be really really sad if Julian's bodyguard dies... I forget his name because I'm too taken up by his charming smile.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 6, 2014 11:49 PM

Dec 2013
Ok I extremely want these Earth cultists exterminated. Especially the dickface high bishop. Poisoning food to brainwash the pilgrims?? I hope the Earth cultists die horrible, horrible deaths.
Nov 10, 2014 12:30 PM

Mar 2012
That's one messed up cult o.O
Feb 9, 2015 4:53 PM
Sep 2014
Wahlen shows the calmest reaction to losing a limb in fictional history. Instant badass reputation acquired.

Poplan showing more than just piloting skills and charm.

Some of the best action the series has shown so far.
Mar 6, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was pretty good. I liked seeing all of those battles and the various tactics that the cultists used.
May 31, 2015 9:51 PM
Nov 2014
Impressive episode, fuck the earth cultist group though. ( bunch of psychopaths ) Julian's flying kick = lool.
Jun 15, 2015 3:48 PM

May 2012
Totally impressive episode, really great action and pretty grotesque if you ask me but damn this sure is getting better and better!
Jul 10, 2015 5:01 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty crazy episode. Those earth Earth guys really didn't mind dying. Lots of gore in this episode with that guy's face being cut. This series is really inconsistent with its amount of gore lol
Nov 25, 2015 4:09 AM

Jul 2013
Religion turn people to zombies... is that how it works?
Jan 16, 2016 3:58 PM
Mar 2012
Guy runs into frame, no idea who he is, long ass name pops up, 2 seconds later he's dead.
I put rocks in my snowballs. Twice the accuracy, twice the pain.
Jan 25, 2016 12:16 AM

Nov 2014
This shit is crazy.

Jan 27, 2016 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
This episode had me laughing way more than I should have. There's just something about the violence, it's so brutal but sometimes it's just so outrageous that there's just no other appropriate reaction for it. Lol'd so hard when Mashengo punched the cultist and he flew like 10 feet. Also despite how horrifying the suicide attacks got with the cultists, their constant neanderthal shrieking was hysteric. I lost it when the one guy ran up and broke his knife on the armor and was just like "Hehehehehe--THWACK!"

But party time aside, the first half of this episode was absolutely creepy. They successfully pulled off the atmosphere of this wackadoodle cult and how the members in it were essentially drug induced slaves.
Jun 18, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2014
Oh shit, I didn't know Julians had that much hops in him xD.
My boy Louis truly deserves a raise for all the shit he's been through.
Nov 3, 2016 11:27 AM

Aug 2014
Crazy episode, but much better than the previous one.
Lol @ Julian walking like a boss while the rocks are falling yet magically no rock ever hits him.
Julian give me your plot armor please.
Nov 22, 2016 4:51 PM
Aug 2014
Panzer-Grenadiers are pretty bad ass, when they aren't being killed by Schenkopp and his Rosen Ritter like last episode lol.
Sep 5, 2017 1:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
They were fanatics, and died with a smile!!! :/
Apr 16, 2018 2:23 AM

Jul 2017
Wow, such a gory episode
May 13, 2018 1:36 PM
Apr 2018
Those cultists weren't crazy, they were brainwashed. That wasn't a religion, that was a cult. Religions aren't evil, people just use them to start wars they always wanted. Often people say religion causes wars, but greed, countries and borders cause far more. In this very anime none of the wars were caused by religion.

The leader of this cult doesn't even believe in the "beliefs". Glad he got away I want to see what he ultimately wants.

You knew out of the 5 guys on Julian's team which one was the red shirt. I told my girlfriend the fat guy would die seconds before he did.

Wahlen is a badass. Trying to redeem himself due his previous failure. I now remember that apart from Mittenmeyer and Reuenthal all of Reinhard's admirals have previously failed him.
Oct 8, 2018 7:05 PM
Apr 2018
Jesus, this episode was insane. I would go crazy if I were in the imperial soldiers' shoes: all those cultists kamikaze'ing their way through the imperial troops.
Nov 6, 2018 9:26 PM

Feb 2017
Punished Wahlen... he needs to lose an eye too, maybe some shrapnel in his forehead...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

62 by wibugar »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.